Draytek Vigor 100 Reviews

From 1 review
  • Ease of Set Up

Draytek Vigor 100 - Ask a question now

Draytek Vigor 100

“I just purchased the Draytek Vigor 100 and am really...”

Written on: 15/02/2008 by markbarl (10 reviews written)

I just purchased the Draytek Vigor 100 and am really pleased with it. I have a router firewall which connects via ethernet. To get my external IP address to it previously, I had a DSL router in bridge mode. This is an extremely clumsy way of doing it as it is trying to connect with PPPoE which is not really supported by most UK based ISPs The Vigor 100 is a true PPPoE to PPPoA adaptor and just passes the traffic from the router behind it converting it to PPPoA on the way through… Read Full Review

Jwab's Response to markbarl's Review

Written on: 25/04/2008

I'm curious what router are you using and which ISP? I've just bought a Vigor 110 connecting to BT Business Broadband with a Linksys RV042. I set the router to PPPoE add the username and pass, but I get no IP. Modem says it's in sync but it doest seem to be passing an IP address. How is your setup?

Jwab's Response to markbarl's Review

Written on: 30/04/2008

Solved my issue. Required me to turn off DHCP for the web interface of the Vigor, then it connected fine. Also the MTU needed to be set for the line speed for websites to load correctly. On our 8mb line it was 1430.

Markbarl's Response to markbarl's Review

Written on: 30/04/2008

I use a Monowall router set to connect via PPPoE. The Vigor is set to enable PPPoE/PPPoA client. DSL modem settintgs are VPI 0 VCI 38 Encapuslating Type VC MUX Protocol PPPoA Modulation G.DMT and the PPPoE Pass-Through sevtion box For Wired LAN is ticked but greyed out. My ISP is Freedom to Surf.