RWS 460 magnum .22 cal. Reviews

• Accuracy

• Handling

RWS 460 magnum .22 cal. - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for RWS 460 magnum .22 cal.

“Shamefully poor quality”

Written on: 18/07/2011 by 1tonyg (1 review written)

Received this gun last month as a gift from my wife. It lasted 25 shots before falling apart. Contacted the vendor Airguns of Arizona but received no response. Fortunately the manufacturer Umarex agreed to repair the rifle if I shipped it to them at my expense. When the rifle came back it lasted EXACTLY 1 SHOT BEFORE the cocking lever froze in the open position. I want my money back! Avoid this lemon! Looks like a Porsche....functions like a Yugo! By contrast, I also have an Airforce Condor… Read Full Review

Mike-In-The-Air's Response to 1tonyg's Review

Written on: 29/10/2011

Just received my RWS 460Mag .22cal.(10-21-2011) and have been shooting it every day since.Obviously \"1tonyg\" missed the part of the instructions where they specify that, after loading the pellet in the barrel, you have to: 1)pull the cocking lever down a little WHILE pushing the anti-beartrap lever down.2) holding the anti-beartrap lever down, bring the cocking lever back in place under the barrel.

“From OBX sharp shooter,This gun is a real keeper.I can...”

Written on: 08/01/2011

From OBX sharp shooter,This gun is a real keeper.I can shoot dime size groups at 35 yds. with the super H points, I have not shot any other pellets yet but that is next. I did kill a duck at 50 yds. and the hollow point did what it was supposed to when I hit him in the head. Does anyone know of any other pellets that can group well?… Read Full Review

“I am the "guest" did not complete my registration. ”

Written on: 18/03/2008 by SharpShooter571 (1 review written)

I am the "guest" did not complete my registration.

I bought my RWS 460 magnum .22 cal from Straight shooters. They were the best folks to deal with. the gun arrived packed in a double box and in a nice complimentary hard carrying case.

“I bought my RWS 460 magnum .22 cal from Straight...”

Written on: 17/03/2008

The gun shot great right out of the box. the accuracy is great and the gun shoots hard and I mean very hard. The first shot I took was from about 40 ft away and the pellet went straight thru a 3/4" wood plank and also thru the double glass window leaving a 1/2" exit hole. Now that is amazing power.
The gun… Read Full Review

“This gun came in 2 boxes one inside the other from...”

Written on: 19/12/2007 by aeroqst (5 reviews written)

This gun came in 2 boxes one inside the other from Pyramid Air and was in excellent condition after shipping. First impression is quality which is per the norm for RWS products in my experiences with them. It looks like it should be heavier than it actually is which is what you notice immediately upon picking it up. Mine is the .22 cal. as I do a lot of small game hunting, mainly rabbits and grouse. The under lever cocking mechanism disengages from it's detention point easily and makes cocking… Read Full Review

Maxdob's Response to aeroqst's Review

Written on: 22/12/2007

I found this review helpful because...
<br/>
<br/>It has a excellent and full description. The price would have been interesting?

Pellhead's Response to aeroqst's Review

Written on: 11/01/2008

I'm pleased with my 460. It is about 10 fps faster than the 350 or 48/52 with a mid-weight, properly fitted pellet like the Crosman Premier. With light pellets or heavier and/or looser pellets it is up to 30 fps faster. There is low grip dispersion from firm rest to hand-held, about 1 inch difference at 50 yards vs. 4 inches for the 350. The 48/52 in .22 is comparable to the 460 in this respect.