Game Mine Reviews - www.gamemine.com

Game Mine www.gamemine.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Just A Bumpy Road”

Written on: 15/02/2013

I've been with GameMine for about a year now, and I've had very little problems with them. I usually have about a hundred or so games in my queue, so I receive two games in a timely manner. My only problem is that their system seems to have random fifty dollar charges, and these are usually reversed in a day when you get a hold of their customer service. My other problem is their social media presence has disappeared. They used to interact with fans and actually have a voice, lately there's… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Scam and a fraud! Will charge your card more than once!”

Written on: 13/12/2012

We signed up for this service as an less expensive alternative to gamefly. We put on our list a couple of games and was told the games were on a wait list. We tried to do other games with the same result. Need less to say we didn't get any games, so we opted to just cancel the membership. Well, lo and behold! Nowhere to really cancel. There is no phone number for customer service and we emailed numerous times to tell them to cancel and stop charging us. Nope! they did neither! Last month… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Atleast they didnt steal my games...”

Written on: 02/11/2012 by MichaelPaige (1 review written)

I looked at all the game trading sites and GameMine offered the best price. HOWEVER, DONT LET THEIR ALLURING PRICE REEL YOU IN. I was a sucker. I was drawn towards their prices and decided to trade in some old Nintendo DS Games. I am so glad that I didn't trade in good games... So I created an account, made a shipping label and packed everything just right to ship it. THEIR SHIPPING LABEL WAS WRONG. I ended up paying extra for shipping... So a week passes by and I didn't get a… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“a scam of the ultimate kind”

Written on: 24/10/2012

They charge a $50 fee if they don't get a game back in 7 days after you have reported it doesn't work! What a scam. Don't get sucked in! Can't even give them 1 star!… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Biggest scam of the century”

Written on: 05/08/2012 by Cynamin (2 reviews written)

Alright, so after GameFly would not accept my Chase card (claiming I was trying to use a prepaid visa card, which was not true), I was forced to accept an alternative. After reading some good reviews about GameMine, I decided to give them a try. I ordered the one-game-at-a-time option at first. I set up my account, and they shipped game #1. After waiting over a week for the game to arrive, I decided to give them a call. They answered the phone, and told me that the reason I did not recieve my… Read Full Review

“like a boss”

Written on: 27/06/2012

Traded in two games here. Got $33 and $37 (in credits) for MW3 and Skyrim respectively. Those are incredibly good prices! Really impressed, they even gave me $6.80 in shipping credits. I used the $76 in credits to purchase one game for right now and maybe another in the future. I don't have any experience with their rental service but the reviews seem to indicate they are making progress and you can't always blame the company for shipping times. Definitely give Gamemine a shot if you want to… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“A scam, broken games, wrong format, never 2 at a time...”

Written on: 06/04/2012 by disappointed_in_MA (1 review written)

Do your self a favor...find a different service. GameMine... only sends one game when you pay for 2 out at a time rental takes 1-2 weeks turn around send broken games sends games that are the wrong format (i.e you order nintendo and get wii) has very rude customer service that threatens that you have a game thats been returned! Yea, thats why I'm taking the time to write this, because my grand scheme in life was to get one free used, incorrectly formatted game for free...right Of all… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to disappointed_in_MA's Review

Written on: 13/06/2012

they charged me 50 dollars for NO reason as soon as we got our first game and are being unresponsive! DO NOT USE GAMEMINE

“GAMEMINE are FRAUDS”

Written on: 04/04/2012 by j_lugo3 (1 review written)

1st off let me say one word about Gamemine .HORRIBLE…. ! I signed up looking for other rental alternatives and it was a good price . I made a list of games I wanted and some were avail some weren’t and then some were available again then some weren’t back n forth. I didn’t receive a game for the first 2 weeks or so . Then I requested a game I don’t ever play bit just wanted to actually play 10 days go by and get nothing they said they sent it out so I get nothin then I emailed them… Read Full Review

“Being Scammed Now”

Written on: 04/03/2012 by Anonymity8 (1 review written)

I did the trial through this joke of a company and I received the first 2 games about 1-2 weeks after signing up and paying!I beat the game The Darkness in a few days and I returned that and the game WWE12 both at the same time...They claimed they received WWE12,over 2 weeks go bye after they got WWE12 and are still claiming they have yet to receive The Darkness!They first claimed that it was probably the USPS and I called them on there bull and knew that they were just trying to force me into… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Purchased 5 games 55 days later still don't have my...”

Written on: 01/09/2011 by customerserviceiskey.com (1 review written)

crapservice.com I purchased 5 games for my niece's birthday on July 7th and I thought that I would get my games within a week or so. That didn't happen at all. At week 3, I contacted the company and asked what the delay was and I got this reply: We deeply apologize for the inconvenience, but it appears that a problem with our normal distributor has caused a severe, but temporary delay for many of our purchase orders. Normally, games are processed within 24 hours and shipped very quickly, but… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“DO NOT GIVE THESE GUYS YOUR CREDIT...”

Written on: 08/08/2011

Okay, I'm fairly level headed bloke, with many online services that I subscribe to, but something is up with these guys (gamemine). Everything isnt as it seems. It takes a week to get your games. Just in case your still smiling...I just said a week. Now, if the corners of your mouth havnt turned down yet. Wait for my story... I was sent a broken game after waiting a week for it. I immediately did what they said to do. I emailed the company the details and sent the cracked disc back to them. A… Read Full Review

Dear Gamer Guest,

We'd certainly would love to help you in this circumstance. However due to lack of information we are unable to give you specific details on how to properly resolve this feedback.
With the information that is present it seems that you were charged for not returning a damaged game back to us after seven days have passed. This is so we can inspect the damage in order to improve our shipment materials or attempt to recover the damaged game.
I'm sure by now we have received the game back and dropped the authorization on your account. However, if it has not, as soon as we have indication from our tracking software we automatically drop any outstanding authorizations on the account.

If you should have any further questions, never hesitate to ask we're more than willing to help and find a solution.

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Read their policies before signing up.”

Written on: 27/07/2011 by daarong (1 review written)

I made the mistake of not reading their policies before I signed up. Instead I saw the good price and jumped on the 2-at-a-time subscription. They don't send games at the top of the queue - they send whatever they feel like. Because of that I just put two discs in my queue. The very first round they sent me a disc that had a small chip broken out of it - sounded so bad in my xbox that I thought my xbox was broken. I went to report and return it and read that they will suspend your account if… Read Full Review

Brentgamemine's Response to daarong's Review

Dear daarong,
We do thank you for your interest in GameMine as we continually change and grow with the ever changing video game market and our online presence.
We certainly do agree, we do ask that all our members to be abreast of our current policies. You among everyone else that has signed up for our rental program and are GameMine members are asked before becoming an official member if you have read our terms of agreement. Upon entering our agreement you understand our policies and what can be expected of us.
We would like to offer explanation on how our queue or "picked list" works. Once a member has built a list of seven (7) released items on their picked list we then will ship the first avaliabl game on their picked list. It unfortunately may not always be the first game on our customer's queues. This is most often due to placing a highly sought game as their first choice. Our allocation software then will move onto a customer's next choice and until all avaliable options have been exhausted. Placing only two games on a queue is not recommended and will likely result in the allocation software to not preform effectively.
Furthermore, it has been reported that an account will become suspended if too many broken game claims have been filed. This is true, our system is designed to alert place accounts on hold when several claims have been processed by a customer. This freezes the account so a customer service member may evaluate the account. Most likely the account is reactivated after doing research. Also, when a member does claim a game as damaged the consumer has seven days to return our merchandise to us. This is so we can either attempt to salvage our game or investigate the damage to improve our shipment materials. GameMine has placed this policy to prevent fraudulent actions to our company by taking advantage of our generous offers.

We're always happy to find a middle ground with our customers and make sure that everyone experiences a fair environment. We're more than happy to answer any questions, never hesitate to ask!

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Good Customer Service, Poor Site”

Written on: 27/07/2011 by Polvin1985 (1 review written)

In late June of this year, I stumbled upon GameMine and decided to try out their 2-games out at a time plan. The selection looked decent and the… Read Full Review

Brentgamemine's Response to Polvin1985's Review

Dear Polvin1985,

We thank you for rating us highly on customer service. However, it seems that the entirety of this feedback was not posted. We're more than happy to help out in any circumstance. Please let us know what we need to improve and we'll do our very best to make the appropriate changes.

“TOTAL RIP OFF!!!”

Written on: 01/06/2011 by 4wheeln4fun (1 review written)

It took a week to receive new games and I never received the first game on my list. After two months I decided to cancel. The website said I had seven days to return my game before I would be charged. I returned the game on a Tuesday, I cancelled that night and was charged the very next day! A $50 charge!! I called customer service and they said it wasn't a charge. Whatever you call it, they took $50 out of my account. They are a BIG RIP OFF!!!!!… Read Full Review

Brentgamemine's Response to 4wheeln4fun's Review

Dear Former GameMine participant,
We're sorry to see anybody go from our rental services and hope that many users will return to our services.
It's true, all users do have seven days in order to return any outstanding rentals before we charge our members. Unfortunately, in order to protect our assets, we must place an authorization on accounts when there are any outstanding products. During this period the bank places a hold on the account.
While we truly do wish we did not need authorizations but in order to remain competitive and keep our costs low it has been found to be a necessary policy.
We do assure all former, current, and future members, even if a member has been charged for an outstanding game after seven days, we will refund the charge once all merchandise has been returned.

If there ever are any questions please never hesitate to ask, always happy to assist in clarification.

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Though the game availability may be limited at times,...”

Written on: 20/05/2011

Though the game availability may be limited at times, the staff at Game Mine have always been responsive to any questions, problems, or concerns (if any) that I encounter and are more than happy to be of assistance till it is resolved. Excellent customer service.

Their trade in value is, hands down, the best around! I highly recommend trading in your games to them and even their prices are much better than.. (gamestop.. ahem) AND, on top of that, they offer FREE SHIPPING!

All the games that… Read Full Review

Dear GameMine Member,
Very excited and happy to see such that you have happy with our services. We truly do appreciate the time you have taken out of your day to write a review to us.
We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and are always reaching upward in finding innovative ways to provide better services.

Lake5661's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2011

How long have you worked for Gamemine, might I ask?

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Signed up for a 4 month plan and in that time have...”

Written on: 11/05/2011

Signed up for a 4 month plan and in that time have received 4 playable games. Every other game is cracked or won't play. Their website is fairly easy to use and report problems, however EVERY time I reported a game my account was placed on hold. I call customer service and EVERY time get a very polite guy telling me it's a glitch and he'll forward it to his supervisor right away. A week later, my account is unlocked and a game is mailed which then takes a week to arrive. I'm pretty… Read Full Review

Dear GameMine Member,

We truly do wish that the USPS was 100% reliable and safe for shipment, however, games will and to become damaged in transit. It is in our best interest to have all of our assets in working condition in order to maintain low costs.

If there are any further questions, please never hesitate to ask.

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“I've been renting video games online for about 4 years...”

Written on: 06/05/2011

I've been renting video games online for about 4 years now. Up until about 6 months ago, I rented exclusively with GameFly. After having them for 3 and a half years I decided to explore my options and stumbled upon GameMine. The $8.99 per month plan was what initially drew me in over GameFly who is $15.95 per month. Also, I hoped with a smaller company I could possibly get my games faster as Gamefly was unbearably slow.

6 months later I am still with GameMine and still extremely happy… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“I have been a member on and off of the GameMine...”

Written on: 15/04/2011 by GTCantrell (1 review written)

I have been a member on and off of the GameMine service for almost a year now. I found this site last year around May (2010) and I have nothing but compliments for the service. Over the last year GameMine has undergone many changes some of them I like some of them I don't.

As for the service I think it's great. I have never had any issues with contacting staff or speaking with someone about any issue I have. I can either contact them via facebook or twitter without a problem. I even know a… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“Originally, I began as a member of Gamefly. After 5...”

Written on: 13/04/2011

Originally, I began as a member of Gamefly. After 5 months of terrible service and overpaying for undercompensation, I wrote to a rep at Gamemine to inquire about Gamemine's services. Right from the begining, I've had a great relationship with the customer service from Gamemine. When Gamefly would take approximately 5 days to respond to any of my questions (Most responses only led me full circle back to my original question), Gamemine has always had a response that fully answered my question… Read Full Review

Game Mine www.gamemine.com

“I joined Game Mine's rent service for video games on...”

Written on: 07/04/2011

I joined Game Mine's rent service for video games on March 31st. They sent the first game and over a week later, I never received the game. After waiting several days, I cancelled my account. The service was not what I expected. Now they have charged my credit card without asking 50 dollars for a game that they never even sent to me. The merchant told me it is up to me to file a claim at the post office to find it? Why when he mailed it? It is his responsibility. This company is a rip off… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/04/2011

<br/>
<br/>We are very happy we were able to resolve this feedback with you. We'd like to add that this consumer is content with the resolution we were able to provide. We did offer clarification that we never did ask him to file a claim with the USPS but with our CSR staff.
<br/>
<br/>Again, we do wish for all of our customers, future and present to resolve issues with us as we are more than generously happy to find a middle ground with our customers.
<br/>Best,