Wharfedale CRS9 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Wharfedale CRS9 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Wharfedale CRS9

Wharfedale CRS9

“Best speaker for price! Nothing compares :)”

Written on: 02/06/2015 by Smileymuru123 (1 review written)

The clarity of speakers are outstanding. High frequency, crisp and clear on every note.Deep bass with no distortion. 10 out of 10!… Read Full Review

“New lease of life”

Written on: 13/10/2012

Bought my crs9's over 20 years ago & as one review wrote they where devastatingly expensive @ the time. 20 years faultless use has more than proved them to be a very good buy. Just bought a new amp Yamaha As 500 (highly rated in Hifi mag) to replace my old Sony ta333. I thought the quality was great before but now it is simply incredible. Listen to other more modern friends systems & nothing compares, if you can find a pair buy them. Now i have an amp that can run 2 sets i am looking for a… Read Full Review

Maureentrevor's Comment

Written on: 22/10/2012

Anyone out there can advise how to connect Wharfedale speakers to the B&O Ouverture?

“Ive had these Wharfedale CRS9 for 12-15 years! I am...”

Written on: 13/01/2011

Ive had these Wharfedale CRS9 for 12-15 years! I am currently using them as my front speakers for my current home theater system.I'm running a 100 watt x5 Denon receiver rated at .05 distortion. These speakers are still amazing! Warm bright, punchy, clean, durable!
I did blow a mid-range speaker a few years ago but I got it re-coned and they haven't missed a beat since.
I am a musician and audiophile and I cannot imagine what it would cost to replace these speakers today... $1200-$2000.00(CAD)… Read Full Review

Fejinwales's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2015

Hi there, I'm the one who wrote that they were devastatingly expensive. I found out that until last year I had owned this pair of speakers for 20 years. To my disbelief one of the mid-range drivers packed up. I don;t know why, they were never stretched or under-powered but I was devastated.

I immediately went online to look for a pair with absolutely no hope whatsoever of finding any - but for the second time in my life as far as these speakers are concerned I had a great spell of luck.
There was a guy in Sussex selling an immaculate pair, with the brochures and everything. He had bought them from a bloke who had bought them two years later than I had bought mine from the same village that he was from but then had moved away, and a recent new relationship had his new wife demanding their removal because they were black and they were big. The guy who was now selling them saw them, bough them and the guy selling them drove up from Cornwall to deliver them not trusting couriers.
The guy who was now selling them asked questions of me which I answered with pictures of my set-up, my existing speakers and the stickers on the back (original line and not gold). He then told me it was not the money, he just wanted them to go to a good home. He said that if I collected them (I live in the Rhondda, South Wales), I could have them for £100!
I rented a car and drove up - collected them and drove home. 10 hours driving and boy was it worth it.
I hope in your search for a second pair you will be as lucky...I found my new pair on ebay!

“I bought these a long time ago, at least thirteen...”

Written on: 15/02/2010 by Fejinwales (2 reviews written)

I bought these a long time ago, at least thirteen years, and they were as superb on the day I bought them as they are now. They have never faltered. They were devastatingly expensive at the time and until I actually got them home from Cardiff and plugged them into my Technics separates system of the time I never realised why.

The bass in one of the ZZ Top songs prompted me and my mate to go back to Cardiff to get spikes for them as it literally made us go dizzy - that is some power for you.

I… Read Full Review

“Just got some Wharfedale crs9 speakers second hand the...”

Written on: 15/04/2009

Just got some Wharfedale crs9 speakers second hand the mrs wasn't happy ay.
The speakers are worth the grief… Read Full Review

Fejinwales's Comment

Written on: 14/10/2014

That's odd. Mine had the 'W' logo on each cover at the bottom, Plastic but there nonetheless. I say Had as they eventually fell off and now I do not use dust covers at all.

“Just bought a pair after selling 2 pairs 5 years ago...”

Written on: 13/02/2008 by Graham2409 (1 review written)

Just bought a pair after selling 2 pairs 5 years ago (big regret). My new Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 speakers don't even compare!!!… Read Full Review

“These speakers last! I have had my Wharfedale CRS9...”

Written on: 27/12/2007 by geoffp (1 review written)

These speakers last! I have had my Wharfedale CRS9 stereo speakers for around 12 years now. They are still the main speakers in my home theatre system and going strong. I've used them with many different amps over the years, and the sound has always been incredible. I've never had to search for a replacement… Read Full Review

“I had a pair of Wharfedale CRS9's and swear by them....”

Written on: 14/12/2004 by rezarex (1 review written)

I had a pair of Wharfedale CRS9's and swear by them. They stood up to a hammering and never missed a beat, always producing the best sound I have heard, until I recently heard a B&O system worth 10 times the purchase price. Mine were stolen, if you find some (except mine!) buy them!!!!… Read Full Review

“I have a pair of hand made, English, Wharfedale CRS9...”

Written on: 12/04/2002 by Megs. (1 review written)

I have a pair of hand made, English, Wharfedale CRS9 speakers and I wouldn't part with them for anything. The sound they produce is easily the best I've heard. Unfortunately, they're powered, at this point, by a Sony LBT-A495 head deck, which does them no justice, but with a decent head unit and even a nice amplifier, I couldn't ask for a better set-up… Read Full Review