Contax RX Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Contax RX - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Contax RX

Contax RX

“The Contax RX is one of the best cameras ever. From...”

Written on: 25/06/2009

The Contax RX is one of the best cameras ever. From the moment I handled one I knew I had to have this masterpiece of photographic engineering. It was as if it was made for my hand. It is a solidly weighty camera, but it is so well balanced that you won't notice the weight so much. I won't repeat the things the other reviewers have written other than to say the Contax RX is well built and exhudes quality… Read Full Review

Contax RX

“Overall, the Contax RX is a great camera if you can...”

Written on: 05/11/2003 by tomcha75 (1 review written)

Overall, the Contax RX is a great camera if you can afford one. The body casing is not plastic, which helps in its strong design, but also adds some weight.

Think carefully of your future uses for this camera. Consider a newer and lighter model if you are planning to use the camera for action shots or just shots of moving subjects. As well, it probably isn't the best camera for travelling as it can get pretty heavy, especially with all the different lenses and flashes.

On the other hand… Read Full Review

Contax RX

“The RX is my favourite Contax body and one that...”

Written on: 20/11/2001 by Meryl Arbing. (1 review written)

The RX is my favourite Contax body and one that displays all of the quality you have come to expect from the Contax marque. The body is exceptionally well balanced even with the longest of my Zeiss lenses and I have had no trouble handholding it with a telephoto.
The Digital Focus Indicator is like having the brains of an autofocus camera but without the motors to turn the lens. That task is left to the photographer. When I first got the camera I had the tendency to look at the DFI in the… Read Full Review

Contax RX

“The Contax RX camera is a legendary. Once you hold it,...”

Written on: 13/05/2000 by CyberPOP. (1 review written)

The Contax RX camera is a legendary. Once you hold it, you know what I mean. The DFI is the indicator that I wish it would be a standard for any Contax cameras or even better if every cameras have it. It's easier than using DOF preview button and it's fast -easy to understand. Logic design is great, I don't have to look at control while composing. Battery consumption is also great. I use one set per 50 -35 slides/roll. The most important thing of any CONTAX camera bodies is, they all take… Read Full Review