BSA SuperSport .22 Reviews

Media Gallery for BSA SuperSport .22

BSA SuperSport .22
BSA SuperSport .22

“dont buy it”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by KierraBroussard (1 review written)

dont buy it. its terrible the one i have is so bad it coundn't hit the broad side on a barn… Read Full Review

“Bsa Supesport GRT”

Written on: 12/10/2012 by cptman (39 reviews written)

Just acquired the latest version of this rifle that now features a gas ram instead of a spring. It's very good and has a lot less recoil than the old spring version, the stock has been improved and has nice checkering. Bsa say they have improved the trigger but Icahn say I can tell the difference other than its now plastic!! The other noticeable thing about it is that it's very loud. I have a gas ram theoben for long range shooting but this is ideal for close range as it has Tru-glo open… Read Full Review

“I like my BSA I can hit Bird in the eye with it. I...”

Written on: 03/11/2008 by gunpug (6 reviews written)

I like my BSA I can hit Bird in the eye with it. I use's a simon's 22 mag 4x scope on it. I had a hard time finding a Airrifle rated scope for it when I got this rifle in the 90's as alot of people had not heard of reverse recoil in the State's at that time' as this scope held up I tried another scope and broke it in about 10 shot's lesson learned. I guess were luck here as we get the full powered gun's in the State's If I do a body shot on a Black Bird it will go in one side and out the other… Read Full Review

“This is a powerful and accurate rifle, the only...”

Written on: 28/02/2008

This is a powerful and accurate rifle, the only downside is that there is too much recoil and this knocks the scope off point unless you constantly tighten the mounts. An overall good rifle though… Read Full Review

Beattie2000's Comment

Written on: 10/01/2009

with a good quality 1 peice mount the scope will be held in place without the need for tightening :)

“Ive had this rifle for just under a month before i had...”

Written on: 11/01/2008 by airking69 (4 reviews written)

Ive had this rifle for just under a month before i had this one i had a Bsa comet which is not heavy enough for its power and before that i had a Bsa metora which is a brilliant rifle but the super sport is amennce ive shot crows at 80 yds with it and its knocked them off the tree branch with out even hesitating… Read Full Review

“I do not own this rifle, a friend of mine does (user:...”

Written on: 27/04/2007 by Josso (10 reviews written)

I do not own this rifle, a friend of mine does (user: Cognition) but I shoot with it often. I'd like to go into more detail with some of the points mentioned in Cognition's earlier review.

The checkering was indeed added at a later date, so most of the pictures of this rifle on the internet are not up to date - it actually looks slightly better than the picture! As far as more important factors are concerned it's very accurate especially with a scope (I've shot it a few hours ago with an "AGS… Read Full Review

“I was given the carbine version of the BSA Supersport...”

Written on: 09/04/2007 by Rob Cooke (1 review written)

I was given the carbine version of the BSA Supersport in .22 about four years ago now. back then it was the perfect size for me, i spent every waking moment shooting it and put around 10000 pellets through the barrel in three years.

However, when i reached 15 i received a shotgun so naturally my air rifle was put away and forgot about for some time.

A month ago i got out my air rifle in the first time in over a year to discover that it was still perfectly zeroed in, the power was still well… Read Full Review

Cognition's Response to Rob Cooke's Review

Written on: 13/04/2007

Actually, I ordered a BSA Supersport air rifle a few weeks ago, and mine came with chequering. This surprised me slightly, so I contacted BSA themselves, and, apparently, the chequering is a new improvement to the Supersport that brings it up-to-date, and gives it a touch of class.

“After putting a lot of time into researching which air...”

Written on: 06/04/2007 by Cognition (90 reviews written)

After putting a lot of time into researching which air rifle I should get as my first, I came to the drawn conclusion of the BSA Supersport - only just winning over the Weihrauch HW99s and Webley Xocet XS (which I plan to buy a bit later when I get more money).

Stripping the box away to get the gun out as fast as possible, I was not disappointed. The Supersport is a good looker; compact, with a nice finish to the beech stock. Taking it out of the box and holding it in my hands, I was… Read Full Review

“I have just purchased this BSA SuperSport .22 with a...”

Written on: 14/09/2006 by Blackjackblue (3 reviews written)

I have just purchased this BSA SuperSport .22 with a BSA 22 special scope as a package for £180. I compared it to a few other rifles in the same price range like the Remington, Webley and a 2nd hand HK57, and I have to say this won hands down. I have a Logun Solo and an Airarms s400, and the build quality feels as good for a third of the money.
It is deadly accurate having taken out 3 rabbits in one hour and all one shot kills at approx 25-30 yds.

This rifle is not a toy or a plinker by any… Read Full Review

Dinglefoot's Response to Blackjackblue's Review

Written on: 26/12/2006

Yes, Yes Yes!! The BSA SuperSport .22 is a great springer! I have had mine for 6 years now, along with other 12lb springers. This gun wins hands down for shooting comfort, as it's lightweight, well balanced and easy to break.
<br>
<br/>I have shot hundreds, yes hundreds of vermin with my SuperSport. It takes them out with no problem!
<br>
<br/>I really do recommend this gun for a quality, powerful gun at a reasonable price. Buy one, you will not be disappointed.

Telboy25's Response to Blackjackblue's Review

Written on: 28/02/2007

Hi, is that the carbine version and could a silencer be fitted can the open sight front and rear be removed easily

“I've had the BSA SuperSport .22 for around a month,...”

Written on: 05/06/2006 by magpie murderer (1 review written)

I've had the BSA SuperSport .22 for around a month, first time out shooting I bagged 3 magpies! Incredible accuracy and easy to zone-in, (5 pellets). The BSA SuperSport .22 is 100 times better than my previous rifle (edgar bros 60). I would recommend this gun to all hunters!… Read Full Review

See next 10 reviews Showing 1 - 10 of 40 Reviews

“The BSA SuperSport .22 is a very accurate springer...”

Written on: 18/01/2006 by pauldr (9 reviews written)

The BSA SuperSport .22 is a very accurate springer that is light enough for a youngster to use yet has a big enough hit for even the most serious hunter. The trigger unit is a bit sharp for my liking but what you get for the money is superb… Read Full Review

“BSA SuperSport .22: I recently had a HW97k & traded it...”

Written on: 31/05/2005 by Russzero (7 reviews written)

BSA SuperSport .22: I recently had a HW97k & traded it in because it was just too "overkill" for the backyard.
Not long passed & i had to get hold of another rifle for some shooting. The BSA Supersport was at a cheap price at a gun shop due to its condition. The woodwork was a bit tatty especially where the rubber recoil pad joins the butt. I guess its been stood in a damp place & the damp has got under the enamel. The metalwork in comparison was slightly better .. apart from the barrel being… Read Full Review

“I have had a BSA SuperSport now for quite a bit. It is...”

Written on: 04/02/2005 by bumf89 (1 review written)

I have had a BSA SuperSport now for quite a bit. It is a .22 and had plenty of stopping power. The accuracy is also good with my Nikko sterling 4x40 scope, I was hitting a 1 1/2 washer at 40 yards! but now I feel that it is losing power, and now that I have an FAC I would like to increase the power could anyone tell me a few tips on tuning it to around 15+ fbl… Read Full Review

“I bought my BSA Supersport .22 about 2 weeks ago for...”

Written on: 27/01/2005 by jcow (7 reviews written)

I bought my BSA Supersport .22 about 2 weeks ago for £130, this is my first gun and as I have a large build I decided to get a proper full power weapon rather than a junior one. The gun is very light and I found it quite hard to master with my scope (ags elite tactical 3-9x40). The recoil is quite Substantial. The action is very good and is easy to cock without breaking over the knee. Overall it is a very well made rifle. The iron sights are a little flimsy, and would only be effective to about… Read Full Review

“I've had a BSA SuperSport .22 for over 10 years. It...”

Written on: 03/01/2005 by insmeister (1 review written)

I've had a BSA SuperSport .22 for over 10 years. It still has good power (ME of 14+ fps) and is easy to shoot accurately. It is primarily a field air gun and its light weight lends itself well to this use. Its shooting behavior is very pleasant for a Springer of its power and weight. Although the trigger is not bad, it lacks crispness. Perhaps this has been improved upon in newer models. For the price, I think the SS is difficult to beat… Read Full Review

“I have had the BSA SuperSport .22 rifle for 3 weeks....”

Written on: 05/12/2004 by bantam321 (1 review written)

I have had the BSA SuperSport .22 rifle for 3 weeks. Everytime I get within range of a rabbit it has resulted in a kill (I try to stalk to within 30 metres, 25 if possible). Accupell seem the best ammo wise. I have noticed comments concerning recoil but would say that a firm but forgiving grip and practice is all that is needed. Anyway I do not think the recoil is excessive. The only downer is the plastic sights,(I use a scope) but they do cheapen the look of the rifle, but to be honest it was… Read Full Review

“I had a BSA SuperSport .22 as a starter. I fitted a...”

Written on: 25/10/2004 by daman (4 reviews written)

I had a BSA SuperSport .22 as a starter. I fitted a webley 4x40 scope on it and started to zero it in with eley wasps which didn't go well with it, so I changed to accupells and they were very accurate, with 3/4 of an inch groups at 30 yards. I was very chuffed when I bagged my 1st rabbit with it. it is definitely a perfect starter rifle… Read Full Review

“I bought the BSA SuperSport .22 Air Rifle a few months...”

Written on: 29/05/2004 by bsasupersport (1 review written)

I bought the BSA SuperSport .22 Air Rifle a few months ago and have been very impressed with the performance so far. I use it with a 3-9x40 scope which makes it very accurate indeed.
I use it for target shooting as well as hunting vermin. Its lightweight, even when combined with scope and good for those really long treks stalking prey… Read Full Review

“I just got my BSA SuperSport today (April 2 2004). It...”

Written on: 03/04/2004 by sonic07 (19 reviews written)

I just got my BSA SuperSport today (April 2 2004). It took me 20 minutes to setup the open sight for 35-40ft range. Very accurate and good price ($375 CDN). This is my third rifle .22 for this year and I can really expect something nice from European Air Rifle. My next rifle will be the .177 Diana 36 and .22 Diana 350 Magnum… Read Full Review

“for £140 quid you cant go wrong with the BSA...”

Written on: 03/03/2004 by cracker (1 review written)

for £140 quid you cant go wrong with the BSA SuperSport .22. but for the same price you can have a AGS-SR2. which is a really good rifle.
not too good for hunting. Once you shoot it. your quarry goes away, so you have to make sure it hits home first time.
so far only shot two crows with it… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to cracker's Review

Written on: 13/09/2004

cracker......I'm not knocking the Supersport, but the Cometa 300 at 36 quid less will probably do the same job with as much noise. This is the problem isn't it whatever the price and performance of a spring-powered air rifle which seems immune to being silenced.
<br>
<br>ONE rabbit I bag when I go out which number will hopefully increase when I receive my silenced Air Arms S200.

See next 10 reviews Showing 11 - 20 of 40 Reviews

“I have owned & used 3 of these over the years, and...”

Written on: 11/01/2004 by UKRabbiter (2 reviews written)

I have owned & used 3 of these over the years, and recommend them to anyone wanting a decent hunting rifle at budget price

If you are looking for an air rifle for rabbits & grey squirrels, combine this with a 4x40 for a winning combination… Read Full Review

Cracker's Response to UKRabbiter's Review

Written on: 12/02/2004

what is the best pellet to use with it. as i am thinking of getting one

Cognition's Response to UKRabbiter's Review

Written on: 07/04/2007

Can anyone tell me where to buy a walnut stock for the BSA SuperSport .22?

Scum's Response to UKRabbiter's Review

Written on: 30/01/2006

I am interested in the sights, the supersport has them but the lighting does not. Can they be used to great effect if for example, just shooting cans out back? Or is it worth spending the extra money on the Lighting with scope etc?

166090_Woof's Response to UKRabbiter's Review

Written on: 16/08/2004

Having purchased a second-hand super sport some time ago, I fitted it with a Theoben gas ram making it an unbeatable sporting air rifle on a par with the overpriced and overweight fenman, also with no fancy walnut stock to damage whilst in the field. A true out n out sporting gun without the bloated price tag that comes with many of today’s rifles

Cracker's Response to UKRabbiter's Review

Written on: 24/02/2004

thanx. got the rifle the other day. made sure that i bought 5.5mm pellets with it.

Ukrabbiter's Response to UKRabbiter's Review

Written on: 17/02/2004

Personally, I have found Eley Wasp produces the goods.
<br>I have tried many different makes & brands, but always returned to Wasp
<br>(better the devil you know) ;-)
<br>
<br>I have even sampled them in .177, but it produces too much penetration, and not enough stopping power
<br>i.e. it goes straight through instead of stopping it dead (which is needed for feathered quarry, but not for furred)
<br>If you plump for a .22,
<br>5.6mm (standard .22 size) are tight in the breach and cause loss in accuracy, power & range.
<br>So use 5.5mm, to retain maximum accuracy, power & range.
<br>Hope this helps

“I Reccently brought a .22 supersport for xmas and have...”

Written on: 27/12/2003 by chazza (1 review written)

I Reccently brought a .22 supersport for xmas and have found it very good. Ive used several other airguns such as Gamo, Winchester and webley. But the s.s seems to be the best light high quality powerfull you name it rifle. It hasnt let me down when hunting and works well with targets. I have noticed one thing that throws me of target just a tiny bit and thats recoil but im not that used to it yet so I cant complain. But overall its a brilliant gun for its money and a great gun for anyone with… Read Full Review

“I don't know how much this rifle was before i bought...”

Written on: 27/11/2003 by rayrichards (1 review written)

I don't know how much this rifle was before i bought it but the value for money was outstanding. I was going to buy the super ten (£500) but when i was in the store two blokes were talking about buying this rifle because the ones they used to have were great. so naturally i had to get it damn quick (£120). I have never looked back since!!! All i want now is to get a hunting spring in it and see how it manages!… Read Full Review

“The BSA SuperSport .22 is the best possible air rifle...”

Written on: 10/11/2003 by sedd 1234 (1 review written)

The BSA SuperSport .22 is the best possible air rifle you can get under £200, exept maybe a bsa lighning, 1 of my other guns. i have spent many a day just sitting in my many acre field shooting at the odd bird, rabbit, rat or the next best thing and the only misses i have had are the ones that were my fault. if anyone is having second thoughts about purchasing this gun then i would strongly advise otherwise. this is my favourite gun and i have over a hundered ranging in price from £50 to… Read Full Review

“I recently bought a supersport from a local gun dealer...”

Written on: 01/11/2003 by porcupine (1 review written)

I recently bought a supersport from a local gun dealer and paid £140 for it, I think its a very reasonable price, the stock is good quality and the gun seems to be made very well overall. I've been out hunting a few times and have managed to bring home 3 rabbits from an average distance of 25-30 yards. I am very pleased with the gun and would advise anyone to go out and purchase one. I've been looking into quietening my gun and increasing the power by installing a .177 THEOBEN GAS RAM i'm a bit… Read Full Review

Toastandmarmiteuk's Response to porcupine's Review

Written on: 15/03/2004

Hiya, the slotted dowel means you must buy some dowel, or an old brush handle works well. Next you must cut a slotabout 1.5 cm and about 1 inch deep in the end of the dowel using either a hack saw or coping saw. This will allow you to push it into the cylinder once the protective cap is removed. You push hard and it takes the pressure of the spring allowing you to remove the thick metal pin that holds the spring in place. The slot in the dowel is there so it can be pushed over the pin! Take care when removing the spring as this is under tension meaning it could come out very quickly. Hope this is helpful. all the best Tom

“but dont get me wrong this gun fantastic ”

Written on: 26/09/2003 by replay (1 review written)

but dont get me wrong this gun fantastic
i went shooting with my BSA SuperSport .22 on the 22-9.2003
and killed loads of rats and woggies more hens
just like they should not have been in the way of this super hunting combo.

i found it to be light and the power i was shooting was 10.5 ftp. just a great little number this gun is.

if anyone was thinking of buying a little gun like this i say sod it and buy one trust me it will not let you down its a killer.
and a plinker too but i dont do much… Read Full Review

“I purchased the BSA SuperSport .22 at christmas for...”

Written on: 11/07/2003 by ed. (1 review written)

I purchased the BSA SuperSport .22 at christmas for about £120, which was a fairly low price for an air rifle. It is perfect for plinking and shooting pigeons, squirrels, rabbits etc up to a maximum of about 35 / 40 yards. It is very light so carrying it around fields is not a problem. There is relatively little kickback, about the same as a .22 rimfire. The iron sights supplied with it are disappointing however; they are plastic and not very accurate and stable when tuned. This has not been… Read Full Review

Bob's Response to 114880_ed.'s Review

Written on: 09/09/2003

Who ever wrote this review is a total fool,bsa rifles are great for target shooting and the plastic sights are great! the only reason you cant shoot with them is because you have got NO skill!!!!!!

Joelbarritt's Response to 114880_ed.'s Review

Written on: 06/08/2004

You can also replace the spring in these guns with a Theoban gas ram for about £45, This may seem expensive but they out last springs by about 4x.

Peo's Response to 114880_ed.'s Review

Written on: 12/01/2004

if you want a custom spring try the kasu square section from manchester airguns. I have one in my bsa lightning and there is a bit of a difference with power and recoil.

John Woodcock's Response to 114880_ed.'s Review

Written on: 09/01/2004

Thanks for an honest review I am on the verge of buying one of these rifles and would like to know if there is a custom spring that can be bought?

“I recently purchased a BSA Super sport in .22 cal. ”

Written on: 08/06/2003 by Seabee. (1 review written)

I recently purchased a BSA Super sport in .22 cal.
I am very pleased with the gun. Out of the box the gun was sighted in shooting very good groups with most of the pellets I had on hand. I have two Beeman air rifles and feel the quality of the BSA is on a par with them.
I would recomend the Super Sport to anyone looking for an accurate,well made air rifle for plinking or hunting… Read Full Review

“This is my first air gun, I am extremley satisfied...”

Written on: 13/05/2003 by Dazmorg. (1 review written)

This is my first air gun, I am extremley satisfied with it, I have fitted a 3-9x42AO scope on it and it is proving to be very accurate. If you are accurate enough it is a great hunting rifle and can drop rabbits at 30yards easily. Its light to carry about and my 10 year old daughter can fire it easily, though not cock it. Its a noisy rifle for garden shooting if you have neighbours, but its a springer so that is to be expected, it also carries a fair bit of recoil. I have had nothing but fun… Read Full Review

“every one is saying thet these guns cost $175 or £109...”

Written on: 26/04/2003 by doddy. (1 review written)

every one is saying thet these guns cost $175 or £109 but my gun works and it was second hand but it only cost £60 and that included a scope and barrel extension and the case to carry it in so i think that i good. People are saying that it can shoot through all this stuff like bird feeders and bucket's of ice bet i shot a bottle of water at 15 meters and the pelet got stuck half way through which compared to all this other stuff dose not sound very impresive but is any people out there know any… Read Full Review

Hobob.'s Response to doddy.'s Review

Written on: 03/08/2003

Alright mate. when you bought your rifle the person who owned it before probably had a fair few shots out of it. this has made the spring weak which is why it wont go through that bottle. you can buy replacement springs from 'OX' which will solve your problem and cost you from $10-$20, but i would recommend fitting a theoben gas ram which increases the power significantly and reduces recoil. this would make your rifle an all round better gun but unfortunately costs between $70 and $90. If youve got any queries, feel free to email me on homegrownhash@hotmail.com . Id like to know more about this barrel extension. Cheers.
<br>Brad

Platinum Matt's Response to doddy.'s Review

Written on: 02/02/2004

Switch, I see you picked the supersport over the cometa 300 in the end. What made you buy the supersport?

Switch's Response to doddy.'s Review

Written on: 09/01/2004

Use ELEY WASP ammunition, it has a purple tin and is about £4 for 500, i managed to shoot through a full tin of beans with this ammo and my friend used supa-point pellets and it got stuck half way.

See next 10 reviews Showing 21 - 30 of 40 Reviews

“I have purchased 11 airguns that fall in the price...”

Written on: 13/04/2003 by CVanMeter. (1 review written)

I have purchased 11 airguns that fall in the price point of the BSA Supersport including models from RWS, Beeman, Gamo as well as several Chinese Clones of these makes. I would say the BSA would come out the winner in regards to quality of construction beauty of grain in the stock and it's finish. The Chrony has it spitting out Crosman Premier Light pellets at 890 fps which is very respectible. Accuracy of this gun will make up for the few fps it comes short of a few of it's competitors. I… Read Full Review

Cracker's Response to 88776_CVanMeter.'s Review

Written on: 12/02/2004

I have the same rifle. I cant find a pellet that works with it best. what do you think I should use?

Cvanmeter's Response to 88776_CVanMeter.'s Review

Written on: 17/02/2004

My .22 version seems to like Crosman Premiers the best from the dozen or so different pellets I have tried in it. I just recently purchased some of the JSB Exact pellets and will try and see how they work. Very simular in design as the Crosmans so would think the will group well. You may want to pick up a Sampler such as Straight Shooters sell. That gives you a handful of some 6 different pellets to try without having to go buy 6 complete tins so a good savings.

“I got my Bsa SS for $175.00 US dollars, It made most...”

Written on: 21/01/2003 by Wolf. (1 review written)

I got my Bsa SS for $175.00 US dollars, It made most US. air guns look like toys. I loved the wood stock real nice the gun looked great, the Brits make a nice gun for the money. I wouldn't trade the gun for anything. … Read Full Review

Jangus's Response to 66839_Wolf.'s Review

Written on: 10/01/2004

Where did you get the supersport for $175? I have been able to find it for $209.

“This beast of a gun is about the best value for money...”

Written on: 06/01/2003 by joe. (1 review written)

This beast of a gun is about the best value for money gun you will find on the market, the lowest priced one out there is £109, outstanding. The first thing to do with this gun is put an ox mainspring(no.1) in it and dispose of the over-oiled standard bsa spring. This will crank it up to around 17-18f/p(f.a.c needed of course!) Once you have it powered-up, slap a decent set of scopes/mounts on it, be sure to put AIR RIFLE scopes on(see dealer), try bsa's own range of scopes" deerhunter, catseye… Read Full Review

90989_Pedro.'s Response to 62894_joe.'s Review

Written on: 21/04/2003

very helpful, thanks, especially information on spring replacement.

112421_Ash.'s Response to 62894_joe.'s Review

Written on: 02/07/2003

Very helpful - I need more power for my supersport and the ox sounds like it should do it.

“The BSA SuperSport is an excellent airgun capable of...”

Written on: 23/10/2002 by james. (1 review written)

The BSA SuperSport is an excellent airgun capable of killing crowes, magpies, pidgeons, squirells consistently at 50 meters (with scope)....I should know.....I've made at least 150 kills of the above over the past 3 years.

Easy handling and classic good looks make this a good purchase for pest control… Read Full Review

63459_Adam.'s Response to 45610_james.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

This review only tells the truth the gun is ace !

“I owned a BSA supersport up until last year when I...”

Written on: 11/10/2002 by lance. (1 review written)

I owned a BSA supersport up until last year when I finally gave up on having to repeatedly buying new springs. And I hate to sound childish but I also got fed up of people at my local gun club commenting on the guns appearance. The guns accuracy is good but not perfect - there have been a few times where I have had the crosshairs on a pigeon and the pellet has strayed to the left or right… Read Full Review

Super 10 Beaut.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 14/10/2002

I have had a supersport for god knows how many years and the spring hasn't broke once....hmmm and it seems to me on all the other reviews that no other springs have broken!!

262192_Fester1978's Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 05/10/2006

I've got a BSA Supersport. I leant it out and my mate broke it. I tried to fix it, and now I have all the bits from the trigger area, but I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help please?

92474_Dinglefoot.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 26/04/2003

My mainspring broke too ...but what the hell I work it hard and it needs servicing I have had many guns and this Supersport is ...Fantastic ! Light powerful and acurate. What more do you want I cant tell you how many rabbits squirells rats magpies pigeons crows I have had with this gun I have just purchased a .177 hw95k cos I dont own a .177 ........I am so disapointed I should have bought the supersport .177 ...too late now !

Cvanmeter.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2003

I have purchased 2 SuperSports for myself and 1 as a gift with no problems regarding loss of power because of the spring. I have over a dozen springers that fall in this same price point including RWS, Beeman as well as some Chinese clones, and the BSA takes the cake for overall quality of construction, light and powerful. I sent one off to David Spade at Airgunwerks to have a gas ram installed and trigger job and now it holds it's own with guns I have double the money invested in...

Martin Bevan.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 15/02/2003

I've had my ss for 2 and a half years i'm only 16 and i still manage to take pigeons, rats and rabbits easily from about 40 yards. My gun is in perfect condition and shoots like it's bran new, the're great value for money and make a great lightweight hunting rifle.
martin

53207_Jaso.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 24/11/2002

Well I can say that the standard spring BSA use is a little poor but fitting a good quality spring like Titan etc will make the rifle shoot very well and last for years. Stay away from OX. For the money they are one of the best you can get, with lots of upgrades available.

53199_H.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 24/11/2002

Dont know what those blokes at your club are on about (nor do they).....I think the Supersport is a very tidy, nice looking, stylish rifle.

50132_Roy.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 11/11/2002

I HAVE HAD A BSA SUPERSPORT FOR APPROX 6-8 YRS AND THE POWER IS STILL THERE, ACCURACY SECOND TO NONE, GROUPING 5 SHOTS TOGETHER AT 30-35 YARDS WITH ORIGINAL SPRING BUT I'M LOOKING TO PUT OX SPRING INTO IT TO GAIN MORE FT/LBS AS I LOVE THE WAY IT HANDLES

45878_Joe.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 24/10/2002

i recently purchased a BSA Supersport,kitted it out with an ox maninspring,tasco golden antler teles'(3-9-40) and a bisley silencer,and had it bore sighted....the outcome SUPERB,knocking of rabbits at an easy 30-40yds,even some head shots
Anyone thinking about buying a BSA Supersport,DO N0T BE PUT OF BY THIS BLOKES COMMENTS,after all "a good tradesman never blames his tools!"

44034_Lance.'s Response to 43191_lance.'s Review

Written on: 15/10/2002

I didn't say that the spring broke..... although I also didn't say what did happen to it, so I'll tell you now. The spring weakened a lot quicker than I would have liked which obviously causes lowered power in shots which leads to declined pellet speed and that could cause pellets to stray off course.

“I purchased a BSA Supersport air rifle around three...”

Written on: 11/09/2002 by scooterboy. (1 review written)

I purchased a BSA Supersport air rifle around three years ago and teamed it up with a RWS 4*12-42 PA scope. In the time I have owned it I have shot literally hundreds of rabbits and wood pigeon.
This gun is reliabe and fires dead on the legal limit, which is perefect for dealing with most local vermin. My Supersport fired consistantly at 12f/lbs for the first two years I owned it. However in recent times due to a decrease in power through being overused I decided to make some modifications… Read Full Review

“i have used many air rifles and found this one...”

Written on: 09/08/2002 by downsy. (1 review written)

i have used many air rifles and found this one extremly easy to use in the field it is not only accurate at 60 metres but it easily packs enough punch to make a clean kill very time… Read Full Review

“This BSA SuperSport .22 is the best airgun in the...”

Written on: 15/04/2002 by harra. (1 review written)

This BSA SuperSport .22 is the best airgun in the world, I have shot many geese, crows, rabbits, ducks m.m....
It has very good power and i shoot crows at up to 70 meters easily. I have a 5-20*50 tasco world class… Read Full Review

83385_Ollie.'s Response to harra.'s Review

Written on: 26/03/2003

well sorry but you are really talking bull saying you can easily hit crows at 70 metres i have a 20ft/lb theoben and that wouldnt even kill them at 50, and you say you are shooting geese with a supersport get real, it would take at least 3 well aimed shots at under 30 yards to kill a goose unless you are talking about just shooting to wound an animal, if you are you are pathetic.

88778_Cvanmeter.'s Response to harra.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2003

I would have to agree that your claims of kill distance is pretty hard to believe as the SuperSport just doesn't have that kind of power. Even those with High Powered PCP Guns or the most powerfull of Spring Piston airguns rarely get to claim those kinds of shots. To say the BSA SuperSport is "the best airgun in the world" could only be said by someone with limited use of what else is out there. Granted I would agree it is the "best airgun in the world" at it's price range.

“The BSA supersport has an excellent power to weight...”

Written on: 13/04/2002 by Chappers. (1 review written)

The BSA supersport has an excellent power to weight ratio. It is the prince nazeem of guns, you could throw it a mile if you could get close enough. It is accurate at upto 35-40 yards and at this distance can take out anything thats rabbit size with ease. It has a nice mounting for tele scopes and copes with my simmons 3-9-50 deerfields with little effort. The stock is finished well and gives a nice eye position when using telescopic sights. The powerful recoil sends the gun to the left unless… Read Full Review

112287_Mike.'s Response to Chappers.'s Review

Written on: 02/07/2003

I noticed you say you wouldn't recommend this rifle for the less-than-full-sized person due to recoil. I'm a smaller guy and otherwise this looks like the perfect starter air rifle for vermin control. What would you recommend with less recoil in a similar price for killing rats?

“The BSA Supersport 0.22 is a very accurate and very...”

Written on: 09/04/2002 by Jamie. (1 review written)

The BSA Supersport 0.22 is a very accurate and very powerful air rifle. Capable of killing a rabbit/pigeon/crow/magpie cleanly at 45yds, it is the great hunting rifle! Also very light at just over 6lb so it is easy to carry in the field. Very easy to cock. I recommend getting a scope fitted for precise targeting:)!Well worth the money… Read Full Review

19144_Oliver.'s Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2002

i hav red ure review and recoil in the supersport is non existent compared the amount of recoil on any airgun even most FAC rated versions is nothing, compared to a real firearm the supersports recoil is not to be complained about

Cognition's Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 30/03/2007

I misread the word "crow", thinking it said "cow". I was about to say ... what the ?

Porcupine's Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 01/11/2003

Hey ppl jus wonderin does anyone know what the "dowel" is for when fittin a THEOBEN GAS RAM cause i wanna get one for my supersport. The reviews on it sound great but i'm a bit confused by the diagram on the theoben site. If anyone could briefly explain to me what its about, post here or email me at porcupinetreebum@hotmail.com thanx

Porcupine's Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 01/11/2003

Hi people i was just wondering how hard it is to fit a theoben gas ram cause i've had a look at the diagram showing how to fit it and i'm confused about the "wooden dowel" thingy. Could someone plz post here if you could explain it to me. thanx

Demons88's Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 13/08/2003

How is the trigger on the Supersport? I heard that the trigger on the Lightning is single stage with a plastic trigger blade. Does the Supersport have the same trigger as the Lightning? Just curious because the Lightning looks to me like a Supersport with a special barrel + silencer...

36730_Scooterboy.'s Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 07/09/2002

If you think the recoil from your supersport is a problem then I should like to suggest that replacing your mainspring with a theoben gas ram can make a considerable differance to your gun. The gas ram reduces the recoil to such an extent that the gun is almost as lifeless and quiet as a precharged rifle. It is my view that springs are unreliable and they also make the guns velocity inconsistent in terms of feet per second, which can prove vital when you have vermin in your sights.

30715_Rik.'s Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 25/07/2002

I'm thinking of buying an air rifle around the price of the Supersport and was wondering which is better for my money, Supersport or Webley Stingray?? The Stingray definitely looks better, but what about performance? Pls help

Slipknot.'s Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 31/05/2002

It does have a recoil, but it's not a problem. I should imagine anyone bothering to review a gun on the net knows how to fire the thing properly! Thanks anyway !

Rickk.'s Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 08/05/2002

The fact that this is a spring gun dictates that the shooter know how to shoot one. DON'T GRIP THE GUN!! Let it rest ON your hands, and bounce in your hands when you squeeze off the shot. Any attempt to hold the gun still will cause problems.

21731_Slipknot.'s Response to 18596_Jamie.'s Review

Written on: 30/04/2002

I think I'd agree with your review entirely. I suppose it does have quite a kick in comparison with many other rifles, but then all things considered I think it's one hell of an all rounder.