Walther CP88 Competition Reviews

Walther CP88 Competition - Ask a question now

“WALTHER CP88 COMPETITION”

Written on: 12/07/2012 by banny4 (1 review written)

I have had the CP88 competition (nickel plate with wood grips) for some seven months and put 7000 rounds through it plus numerous dry fires without serious complaint. when purchased the detent ball for the slide catch was missing, a small purchase from Chambers put that right however. The trigger return spring could do with being a little stiffer as the trigger fails to return on the odd occasion. The trigger is very good in both single and double action, I use single action most. The out of… Read Full Review

“Personnaly ive had my Walther CP88 for over a year now...”

Written on: 08/01/2010

Personnaly ive had my Walther CP88 for over a year now and in that time it still performs just as well as when i got it out of the box last christmas. If you are considering purchasing one i would reccomend buying more that one tin of pellets as with the 8 shot rapid fire clip pellets get used easily and quickly. Its always accurate and only ever jams if i have done something wrong, always my fault never the pistol's. Definately the best pistol i've ever owned… Read Full Review

“I back up everything that has been said to date on the...”

Written on: 18/11/2009 by lamaha (3 reviews written)

I back up everything that has been said to date on the walther CP88. Both my sons and i shoot with this with good results. It's well built and performs well.
Points to look out for are damaged mags, they drop out really easily when you open them up and put a light smear of grease onto the drive points of the mags, this stops it jamming.
Great fun for 4 rapid shots followed by 4 carefully aimed shots, a real pellet eater.
Get one!… Read Full Review

“I purchased my nickel and walnut version 4 months...”

Written on: 08/12/2008 by glennwalsh (1 review written)

I purchased my nickel and walnut version 4 months ago,maybe 100 rounds shot through it so far. In that little use i have noticed a power increase already, although being CO2 power, probably won't increase any more. Nicely powered right from outset though. Rated at 426 fps I feel it is at least that, based on 13yrs of airgun ownership. I live in New Zealand and it cost me a whopping $600. However in saying that, this pistol is top notch weaponary. It's the latest 2008 model and every aspect of… Read Full Review