Crosman RM277 Reviews

Crosman RM277 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Crosman RM277

Crosman RM277
Crosman RM277

“Want to learn how to use a sniper rifle? Start with...”

Written on: 07/07/2008 by Gladiator2 (1 review written)

Want to learn how to use a sniper rifle? Start with this one. Need something for pest control, keep going.

Very loud for a pellet gun. Especially when firing it empty. Good to scare away unwanted birds... or annoying children… Read Full Review

“I would recommend this pellet rifle to anyone. i have...”

Written on: 09/06/2008

I would recommend this pellet rifle to anyone. i have had it for a few years and it still works great. Oh yea i really like that the stock is wood and it isnt as heavy as other pellet guns. And this rifle was not made in china. This rifle is very reliable for target shooting and also hunting small game… Read Full Review

“The Crosman RM277 rifle was very accurate right out...”

Written on: 26/12/2005 by macumazahn (2 reviews written)

The Crosman RM277 rifle was very accurate right out of the box, no need to adjust sights. Very easy to cock and shoot, don't care for the automatic safety, could do with out this. Can see where this would be a hassle in a hunting situation. Price was great picked it up at the Bargain Cave at Cabelas. Tried several different pellet types and it did well with all… Read Full Review

“Honestly, I wouldn't have bought the Crosman RM277 if...”

Written on: 05/09/2005 by viking2001 (1 review written)

Honestly, I wouldn't have bought the Crosman RM277 if I had seen the " made in Mexico" in very tiny letters on the box.
Had I paid the full suggested retail price I certainly would have returned it.
However I paid a clearance price of only $59.99, so that is a smok'n deal for anything w/825 fps.
If you are looking at this gun as an inexpensive & effecient tool for killing unwanted pests, or running off intrusive moose at long distances, this gun is perfect.
If you want a showpiece to hang on… Read Full Review

“I've had the Crosman RM277 rifle since last Christmas,...”

Written on: 11/10/2004 by Gunner Gamo (1 review written)

I've had the Crosman RM277 rifle since last Christmas, It is a great gun still, used it to knock out tree rats and pigeons. Great for chipmunks, Great hunting air rifle Compared to the Winchester 1000X its great. I have at least 4 airguns over the years and this is second to the best. The best is my Gamo Hunter 220… Read Full Review

“The Crosman RM277 is my first springer. I've plinked...”

Written on: 05/06/2004 by coolstreet (1 review written)

The Crosman RM277 is my first springer. I've plinked with a crosman 760 for years and what a difference with this RM277! Right out of the box the sights are right on. At 25 yards I grouped five shots within a 2 inch circle while standing without a rest. Groundhogs...watch out! The weight feels just like you're hoisting a .30-06 and the kick is negligible because of the weight. The full sized stock is beautiful and I wouldn't mind having it on a regular rifle… Read Full Review

“This is my FIRST springer. I looked real hard at a...”

Written on: 01/06/2004 by VictorLouis (2 reviews written)

This is my FIRST springer. I looked real hard at a $300 Webley Stingray, but I was unsure. So, I bought this simply to 'try' the genre and make SURE I liked the airgun 'thing'. I do. I was lucky enough to get this one delivered to my door at just one-third of the Brit-blaster's tariff.

Besides the gun's break-in, there's also MY break-in in working the 33lb. effort break-barrel. It does seem to be a fast learning curve, however. I actually like the two-stage trigger so universally decried by

“I purchased an RM422 from Le Baron which is a great...”

Written on: 17/01/2004 by THE DUSTER200 (15 reviews written)

I purchased an RM422 from Le Baron which is a great gun. It's powerful and great for getting rid of raccoons and other pests. It's the best pellet gun i've ever had. I would say that all the RM series are good. I killed a rabbit with from 75 yards or more. I accessorized it (If thats even a word) with a .22 scope and now i can pin-point whereever i want to hit. I think the RM277 is a newer version in the RM series as with the RM577… Read Full Review

“I have a Crosman RM377 also purchaced at walmart. the...”

Written on: 10/09/2003 by jlevach (1 review written)

I have a Crosman RM377 also purchaced at walmart. the is as nice as my german made rifles at 1/3 the price1 its powerful and accurate. feels great in y hands the stock is excellent. The overall fit and finish of the gun is excellent as well.Overall this is the best $100 I ever spent on an airgun. I rate this gun over even the CZ slavis guns everbody is always raving about. Its that good. My best purchace all year by far. I would recomend it to anybody looking for a nice springer.
jim… Read Full Review

“This air rifle is very much worth the money. The wood...”

Written on: 30/07/2003 by Josh. (1 review written)

This air rifle is very much worth the money. The wood stock surpasses that of my 410 and .22. Its deadly accurate (when sited in properly) to the point where i lop off the heads of flowers at the stem from a good distance. However, my barrel started to rust, and oil was needed. The trigger takes a good 15 lbs to pull, which takes out accuracy in some situtations (when your target is about to move) and i expect much better for the cost of this rifle. I also have the RM 577 which is worth the… Read Full Review

Kclements's Response to Josh.'s Review

Written on: 04/08/2004

How do you adjust the heavy trigger pull on the RM577? Mine is far too heavy.
<br>-Ken

N2Shooting's Response to Josh.'s Review

Written on: 19/09/2004

I really love my 577...except for the heavy trigger. It really takes a lot of getting use to. I posted a question to a newsgroup about the heavy trigger and someone told me that it loosens up after about 500 shots. He also suggested that you oil the trigger mechanism.

“First Rifle: ”

Written on: 06/06/2003 by Dan. (1 review written)

First Rifle:
Purchased RM277 (RM377) from Walmart
Noticed very wide spread impacts on
standard target at 25 yards. Was very careful and after much practice decided that the rifle could be the problem and returned for exchange

Second Rifle: Installed scope with no adjustment into rifle right out of box. Immediatly noticed impact grouping with'in 2 inches. Had scope aligned with'in 30 minutes. Now very impressed with rifle. No problem now hitting cans using holdover at 25, 30, 40, 50, and 75… Read Full Review

106612_Astronomer.'s Response to 104959_Dan.'s Review

Written on: 12/06/2003

Update on my Review.
<br>Bench Shooting the RM377/277 with following results. Using Winchester Hunting Pellets by Daisy
<br>3/4 inch spread at 10, 25, 30 and 50 yards.
<br>
<br>The rifle however performs poorly with Daisy Max Speeds producing 2-3 inch spreads.
<br>
<br>The Winchester Hunting Pellets are much tighter in the bore compared to other pellets which may explain improved accurracy.
<br>IMHO,
<br>Dan

“I'm in the military, and for years I've always tried...”

Written on: 08/04/2003 by Hill. (1 review written)

I'm in the military, and for years I've always tried to impress upon my soldiers if they wanted to improve there shooting, buy a good air gun and practice. I often tell them well-spent time shooting on your own, will pay big on the next qualification range. I've been shooting air guns for years; and I own several European models in both .177 and .22 cal. I'm big on power, and accuracy. Last April 2002 I purchased a RM277 I removed the front hooded sight post, and placed a BSA 4X32 scope… Read Full Review

116560_Tiger.'s Response to Hill.'s Review

Written on: 17/07/2003

I am about to purchass this gun and i am very happy to hear it is quite good overall. i also wanted to buy the larger 522 or even the 577 but it was so hard to find even the gun were speaking of in my area i am happy to find it. very helpful review.

“This gun is impressive out of the box. This thing is...”

Written on: 29/03/2003 by BOB. (1 review written)

This gun is impressive out of the box. This thing is nice and heavy and has good balance. I am now on my second one in two weeks. The first broke within a week the second has problems with the barrel alignment. When I mounted the scope the first shot was about 8" low @ 25' low and no scope I have tried can be adjusted to zero the shots. Grouping is better on the second with .25" groups from 25' Walmart has a policy of not alowing returns of "firearms" I argued the point but they insisted a… Read Full Review

86694_Carlton.'s Response to 84243_BOB.'s Review

Written on: 06/04/2003

I'm wondering if Bob is familiar with the term
<br>"barrel droop" as it applies to mounting an airgun scope. Seems to me he is blaming the rifle for a scope mounting problem.
<br>Maybe I was just lucky to get a "good one", but my Mendoza is a tack-driver and it's trigger is just fine too.

148632_Surfingdwedge's Response to 84243_BOB.'s Review

Written on: 22/03/2004

Are you shooting free hand or bench rest? groups dont happen on their own. a gun may be claimed to shoot .20 groups ctc at 30 yards..teted indoors, no wind, being held down so it never changes position within shots. your free hand will never be as good as this.

118543_Add.'s Response to 84243_BOB.'s Review

Written on: 24/07/2003

bob needs to try diffrent pelits. It can bring up your aim to.

109128_Cj.'s Response to 84243_BOB.'s Review

Written on: 20/06/2003

Sounds like the scope wasn't mounted properly. A quick trick I learned, if you are having problems with low shots and cant bring it up enough with the scope adjustments,lay a few strips of medical tape (bandage tape) inside bottom of your front scope ring.This should give you the range of adjustment you need.

86697_George.'s Response to 84243_BOB.'s Review

Written on: 06/04/2003

Bob says the gun does not group well enough. Maybe Bob can't shoot well enough.
<br>

“I've shot a lot of airguns and I own a Beeman R7 and...”

Written on: 22/03/2003 by Carlton. (1 review written)

I've shot a lot of airguns and I own a Beeman R7 and an R9, and this inexpensive Mendoza impresses the hell out of me!
It's out of the box accuracy rivals my R9 and it hits harder than the R7. It's overall level of quality is quite good. While not outshinning the German made guns lets not forget it costs over a hundred dollars less than any German rifles. Gorgeous wood stock, great open sights, accurate and hard hitting for about a hundred bucks. I hope Crosman sells a million of these… Read Full Review

108120_Robert.'s Response to 82179_Carlton.'s Review

Written on: 17/06/2003

I concur with this review of the RM 277 pellet rifle by Crosman. I've owned a few air rifles over the years, and this example is the best I've come across in many years for both accuracy and power. It's also the most economical at under $100.
<br>I have fitted my RM 277 with a laser pointer, and it's quite accurate.

Timothy Woods's Response to 82179_Carlton.'s Review

Written on: 13/08/2003

i agree also with both comments.
<br>i purchased one from Walmart, and was amazed at the accuracy and actually loved the rifle, however, i need something more powerful, so i am looking at the RM-777 which i have shot on 2 separate occasions. Both times, in the gun store, i shot it from 45 feet away at a 2 inch phone book, and it went through 1/2 of the book, about 1 inch which is powerful, using the crosman premier 10.5 grain pellet.
<br>I am hoping that it will be as accurate as the RM-377 (which is the RM-277, same gun).
<br>If anyone can comment on the RM-777, or RM-877 as far as for their experiences on power and accuracy, I would appreciate it.
<br>I was considering the RWS 350, and the Gamo 1250, but, for the money the RM-777 far outweighs them in benefits, and right now on sale at www.compasseco.com for only $159.00 with a scope until 9/15/03.

“Was looking at the CZ Slavia 631 air rifle, when I saw...”

Written on: 16/02/2003 by macumazahn. (1 review written)

Was looking at the CZ Slavia 631 air rifle, when I saw this one at Cabelas, it was the combo with 4 power scope, right out of the box I was shooting a small oil filter at about 75 feet, although the pellet didn't pierce the filter it did put a dime sized dent in it, overall seems to be a nice rifle, it's 852 fps was well over the 552 fps of the CZ… Read Full Review

“ All together good air gun. Just take the spring out...”

Written on: 13/02/2003 by articmp. (1 review written)

All together good air gun. Just take the spring out of the trigger group after you pull 1 e-clip and the pin out of the trigger, slide the trigger out and dump the spring. Reassemble. CAUTION: trigger breaks at 6 ounces or so. Experienced shooters and gun tinkers should be the only ones to attempt this modification. I believe I did lose some velocity with this modification. Probably sitting on 750 FPS. Took a lot of noise out of the firing too… Read Full Review

Ottlaw2's Response to articmp.'s Review

Written on: 15/01/2004

Do you know where I might find a takedown diagram of the RM 277?

“For the money, this Crosman RM277 is the most...”

Written on: 02/01/2003 by John. (1 review written)

For the money, this Crosman RM277 is the most beautiful gun I have seen. The wood grain in the stock looks like it belongs on a $400 Deer Rifle. This was the main reason I purchased the RM377 (I think this is the same as the RM277, except it is sold at Discount Stores such as Wal-Mart.)

This gun has a plastic piece at the butt end of the spring cylinder. During the first day of shooting, after about 75 rounds, I noticed that this plastic piece was cracked and fractured in three places. I… Read Full Review

69051_Alan.'s Response to 62141_John.'s Review

Written on: 29/01/2003

I have tried to ajust the trigger myself and have made it work but it would not fit back into the stock. I used a spring from a pen but had to be careful because it was really sensitive. I put a small screw in the back of the stock and hooked the spring to that but like i said it would not really fit in the stock. As far as the plastic goes i havent had any trouble. I have had pretty good luck with it and i am happy with it. NOTE:im 14

“I have the Crosman/Mendoza RM377 it seems to be the...”

Written on: 15/12/2002 by yotecaller. (1 review written)

I have the Crosman/Mendoza RM377 it seems to be the same rifle as the RM277. I find that this is a great deal on an air rifle. For less than $100 I have an Air rifle that shoots 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards. It is a winner in my book… Read Full Review

“The Crsman RM277 is a comfortable rifle, though for me...”

Written on: 04/04/2002 by Josh. (1 review written)

The Crsman RM277 is a comfortable rifle, though for me the handle could have been a little thinner. With a decent scope, it is pretty accurate, the only problem being the trigger which is fairly stiff and can throw off your aim. I am trying to find ways to adjust it, but so far I haven't.

Shooting at a standard 3/4 inch pine board at 20-25 yards, this gun will easily shoot 2/3 through it, if not more. If you can hold it steady through the trigger pull at 20 yards, it can easily hit anything… Read Full Review

40903_Paladin.'s Response to 18031_Josh.'s Review

Written on: 01/10/2002

Very helpful, I was considering this air rifle until I found out about the trigger problem. Now I am undecided about it.

Ottlaw2's Response to 18031_Josh.'s Review

Written on: 15/01/2004

Anyone have a break down diagram on this rifle.
<br>Took mine apart to thoroughly clean and a small spring fell out. Unsure how it goes back in.
<br>Has anyone figured out to improve the trigger assembly?
<br>Thanks

Goodsurf99.'s Response to 18031_Josh.'s Review

Written on: 03/02/2003

I just bought the RM377 aqnd the 3-9 Daisy scope. I like the gun, but after 500 shots, 1 out of 5 shots still goes 2" to 3" off the group. It could be the scope isn't very good ( $29 ). The gun is obviously made to last a long long time.

Gediknight.'s Response to 18031_Josh.'s Review

Written on: 28/01/2003

I called Crosman today.(01-28-03) I asked them what an RM 377 was. They stated it was the RM277 packaged for Walmart. The 377 is the same as a 277 but 377 denotes it is produced for Walmart. I was at Walmart and liked the gun but wasn't sure because of the 377 designation not appearing on the crosman website. If you ever have any questions about a Crosman product, call them at the 800 number. They are fantastic to deal with.

Dobermann.'s Response to 18031_Josh.'s Review

Written on: 11/12/2002

I have the Crosman RM377 and I like it very much. I put a Daisy 3-9x32 scope on it and I get 5 shot groups that I can cover with a dime at 33ft. This rifle is much more accurate then the Gamo sporter I had and its also a very good bargin the trigger on mine is very good for a rifle in this price range. The RM277 & theRM377 look to be the same rifle to me.