Johnson P. Johnson, The Armchair Naturalist: How to Be Good at Nature Without Really Trying Reviews

“I'd recommend this to anyway who needs to fill in the...”

Written on: 16/04/2008

I'd recommend this to anyway who needs to fill in the blanks of UK flora and fauna that you somehow forgot to find out when you were little and are now too old to ask!… Read Full Review

“I read this and loved it, although I have to say that...”

Written on: 04/12/2007 by sarah hughes 71 (1 review written)

I read this and loved it, although I have to say that J.P.Johnson got his title wrong. I don't want to be too Enid Blyton about this but there was nothing 'Armchair' whatsoever about it; it made me get straight out there and start seeing the flora and fauna - so beautifully observed by this entirely self-taught naturalist - with my own eyes. His lack of formal education on the subject does nothing to diminish the quality of the book either. He writes with an unpretentious charm and enthusiasm… Read Full Review