Toyota Yaris 1.4 D4D TR Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Toyota Yaris 1.4 D4D TR - Ask a question now

“From my point of view, it is a Toyota failure in...”

Written on: 03/10/2008 by kassimalkaisy (1 review written)

From my point of view, it is a Toyota failure in respect to the MMT gearbox and level of equipment. Please test drive well in town and on motor way befor you commite yourself… Read Full Review

“Very reliable car, had it 6months and its been superb....”

Written on: 04/05/2008 by em9 (1 review written)

Very reliable car, had it 6months and its been superb. Versitile with the moving chairs to allow for more leg room or boot space. Really good car for money. Everything has been absolutely super for me!… Read Full Review

“My biggest gripe with this car is it's cornering, it...”

Written on: 29/12/2007 by davidhaugh (4 reviews written)

My biggest gripe with this car is it's cornering, it has loads of grip even with the standard tyres but it constantly FEELS like its going to understeer, the older yaris had the same problem but neither cars have ever actually slid out on me.
On a brighter note it's cheap compared to it's rivals when you consider the spec your getting as standard, I worked out a 1.4 deisel volkswagon polo would cost over £2000 more than the yaris if you upgraded it to the same spec.
And if this car is anything… Read Full Review

“On my model, there is a braking problem. No initial...”

Written on: 27/12/2007

On my model, there is a braking problem. No initial progression on the brakes, then they engage and jerk you forward in the car. This is intermittent and do not know how brakes will work when applied… Read Full Review

Donna325's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2008

I found this review unhelpful because this is a review of a different Yaris - a T2 and not a 1.4 D4D TR

Denise6018's Comment

Written on: 09/03/2008

I am glad to find that someone else has this brake problem!!! I have an 07 reg T3 special edition, bought June 07, which has caused me no end of near-misses, when the brakes do exactly what those on your T2 do. This is my 7th Yaris and I have never experienced anything like it before. My Toyota garage seem to have dismissed it and tell me that there is nothing wrong with the car. At least now I have the evidence that at least one other car is suffering the same condition! Thank you!

“My advice is don't buy a Toyota Yaris. My 1.4 D4D TR...”

Written on: 27/10/2007 by rouflab (2 reviews written)

My advice is don't buy a Toyota Yaris. My 1.4 D4D TR has a leaking boot, a new steering colum is required, dash squeeks, noisy engine, heated window has to be turned off, Cheap interior, radio poor, no where to rest your clutch foot, foot jams if trying to rest it beside the clutch pedal, cheap nasty parcel shelf, not good value for money, very overpriced. tinny feel to the whole car. Toyota seems to be living on past reputation with this one. I find the seats uncomfortable after about 40… Read Full Review

Donna325's Response to rouflab's Review

Written on: 10/01/2008

I also own a Yaris TR D4D and find it very difficult to understand your comments about what I've found to be an excellent small car, I've owned the Yaris for 3 months and have been absolutely delighted with it.

Rouflab's Response to rouflab's Review

Written on: 16/01/2008

since my last review, I have had the whole steering column replaced, and now the rear tailgate locking system is now Jamming open and is booked in for it to be replaced. a four month old Yaris !!!!!