Gamo Delta Fox Reviews

• Handling

Gamo Delta Fox - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gamo Delta Fox

Gamo Delta Fox

“The rifle is under power, i shot a pigeon from 7m away...”

Written on: 04/03/2011

The rifle is under power, i shot a pigeon from 7m away and it flew away with out even a scratch! When i bought it the rear iron sight was terrible it kept on moving and breaking. The acurancy is very annoying, has no grouping. I've used a delta and that was much better accuracy! The one good thing is its looks, the thumhole shock is much more appealing than the delta… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2011

Hey bud , I have a delta fox to , it is a very accurate rifle , grouping at 25 m is in the diameter of a 1 inch squared diameter , and shooting a pigeon is complicated , you have to hit vitals when hunting with low power air guns , the head , neck , and heart is best for hunting them .if you shoot a pigeon with a 1000 ft/s rifle , in the chest he will fly away , trust me , you should get a scope for your delta fox , and a shadow 1000 rifle (scoped) is brilliant , happy hunting bro , from ray-ray!

Useredu's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2014

know tell me what the best
gamo delta or delta fox?

“nice for play and not recomened for hunt”

Written on: 11/11/2009 by human73 (2 reviews written)

nice for play and not recomened for hunt… Read Full Review

“ Overall I love this air rifle for plinking. The...”

Written on: 23/10/2009

Overall I love this air rifle for plinking. The only complaint I have is, the 2 barrel connect screws at the front of the synthetic stock leave open holes. I find these 2 holes uncomfortable after prolonged use. 2 flat bacl screw covers do the trick to rectify the issue. It should have been address in production. Other then that it is an excellent all arounder for the veteran shooter or a young beginer.

Thanks… Read Full Review

“The Gamo Delta Fox is a great Gun it has all sorts of...”

Written on: 11/05/2009 by mwrit2 (1 review written)

The Gamo Delta Fox is a great Gun it has all sorts of slugs (BB's,Pallets)
it is sooooo accurate it is cool. you can take it anywhere without a loud bang like a triple two three(223) i am on a 25 acre and it is perfect for a first time shooter such as my 15 year old son… Read Full Review

“A great rifle for beginners, nice and light and really...”

Written on: 08/04/2008

A great rifle for beginners, nice and light and really good. It comes with no scope but the Gamo Delta fox is a good all rounder… Read Full Review

“It's great, I really like the Gamo Delta Fox Air...”

Written on: 28/03/2008

It's great, I really like the Gamo Delta Fox Air Rifle. It's a good price and awesome rifle. Its loads of fun to shoot and I would recommend it to everyone… Read Full Review

“==Introduction== ”

Written on: 25/10/2007 by facefirst (1 review written)

==Introduction==

I spent a lot of time researching when trying to find a rifle to use in my garden. It is purely for target use, not for killing anything and not for long range. I have about 15 meters with a solid stone wall behind a fence as a backstop, and I had a list of criteria that read as follows: light weight, modern aesthetics, accuracy, and low cost. As the only use for this weapon was target shooting at 10 - 15 meters, low power was a plus for me, as were quiet operation and easy… Read Full Review

176891_Bombom101's Response to facefirst's Review

Written on: 27/10/2007

Grand review there mate
<br/>Very detailed :)

Written on: 03/11/2008

Yeah, hitting big stuff is possible, but for accuracy, you'd need something else. Out to 25m should be good fun still, and 15m should be fine. 50m plus will be more luck than judgement, and at that range you won't have much energy left in the pellet. Hitting coke cans is about the best you can hope for really. Still, that is why other guns cost so much more I guess.
<br/>
<br/>As for rats etc. I would get a full power gun for that. Gamo do some other decent rifles that are cheap and full power, and you have no trouble with those. I'm not really in to shooting animals, and don't have any rats in my area (that I ever see!), so it's not something that I've tested first hand. Most of my shooting is over the 15m to 20m range, with the odd shot out to silly distances just for fun. The effective range is really capped at about 20m, after which the grouping starts to open up. Still good fun, but it is not the right gun for all jobs.
<br/>Good luck!

Tamarman's Response to facefirst's Review

Written on: 31/10/2008

Hi and thanks for your comment. Some are saying that it may not be appropriate at more than 15 meters, but I take your opinion. The make is good and as a comparison as a boy I used a BSA Meteor I, (as a second hand model), which in .177 has a rate of 500ft/sec (as this Gamo model has) and I too could hit a largish object at about the 70-80 distance...so it is as you say, the trajectory and of course the makers of the air rifle.
<br/>
<br/>We have a shooting alley in our rural garden where targets are set at 25 meters together with trouble with rats up to that range (we keep chickens) so this little rifle is useful.....Presumably it would make an excellent starting rifle for a junior, as my son is interested in the accuracy of target shooting only.....

Written on: 30/10/2008

Hello there,
<br/>
<br/>Yes, this gun would be fine up to 25m. In .177, the pellet flies very fast and flat, so you should be fine. I have tried it at distances out to about 70m, and was still able to hit a coke can from this range (albeit not with tight grouping, but at the time I was firing from the shoulder, so I blame my self more than the gun).
<br/>
<br/>I think you ' ll have fun with this gun up to that range.

Tamarman's Response to facefirst's Review

Written on: 24/10/2008

Hi, is this air rifle any good for target shooting up to 25 meters, and did you have the opportunity to try this for that distance

Written on: 08/11/2007

Right, I've fitted my Karsten cheek piece and it has sorted out eye relief etc excellently. It was easy to fit and looks pretty cool to boot. The stock now works very well with my high scope and I think that I'm pretty much done adjusting this rifle to fit me.
<br/>
<br/>The accuracy seems to be improving, although the gun is hold sensitive and with such a big scope at close ranges, you do need to make sure you have a repeatable cheek weld.
<br/>
<br/>I'll keep updating as I discover new things.
<br/>Cheers,

Written on: 02/11/2007

Update on scope creep - the trick is to degrease the scope rail and mounts (with white spirit or some such) to make sure that the contact is dry metal on metal. This seems to have fixed the creep that I was getting (and I feel a bit silly for not thinking of it earlier!).
<br/>
<br/>The next thing I have done is to order a Kydex cheek piece to help me with my cheek weld - I'll report back with details of the installation once I have fitted it, and maybe try and get some pictures up of the finished item.
<br/>Cheers.

Written on: 29/10/2007

Why thank you Sir!
<br/>
<br/>Suffering from scope creep at the moment - any ideas as to how to get a real stop to it?
<br/>Many thanks