CWCS www.cwcs.co.uk Reviews

CWCS www.cwcs.co.uk - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Not the 100% uptime guaranteed.”

Written on: 24/10/2013 by stefandunn (1 review written)

We have a Cloud VPS account with CWCS, and were promised 100% (I know this is unrealistic, but it's their words) uptime. In the last 2 months, it's gone down 3 times for longer than an hour each time. We host around 20 websites for some big clients which require reliable hosting and could lose out on a lot of sales if they go offline. The support never have an idea of when things are going to be available again, and we are never informed when something bad has happened unless you subscribe to… Read Full Review

Peter-At-Cwcs's Response to stefandunn's Review

Written on: 10/12/2013

Hello,

This is Peter from CWCS Managed Hosting.

First, I would like to apologise on behalf of CWCS for the issues you have had. We did have some problems with our cloud services in October 2013, part of which were due to extremely aggressive and sophisticated ddos attacks on one of our data centres. Unfortunately, this affected a small percentage of our customers, but also unfortunately affected some customers more than others.

Since then we have put extensive measures in place to further increase infrastructure resilience, improve overall speed, performance and reliability, and strengthen defences against the latest generation of attacks. We also have a policy of continuous improvement to our hardware and infrastructure and invest significant amounts to ensure we deliver a superior hosting service.

Our 100% Network Uptime Guarantee refers to a financially backed agreement where, should our network be unavailable we will compensate you financially or add credit to your account. Guarantees of this nature are standard throughout the industry, and in line with our service level agreements, customers affected by the issues in October have received compensation from us. However if this wasn’t made clear to you again please accept our apologies.

Because of the nature of the recent attack on our data centre it was extremely difficult to predict how long unavailability would last. An experienced team of highly qualified technical specialists started working on the problem immediately (both from CWCS and external service providers) but, partly due to the evolving nature of the attacks, during the early and mid-stages of the issues we were unable to provide estimates we felt were reliable enough to communicate to our customers. However, we realise that we could have communicated better during this time and have reviewed our fault identification procedures to improve the quality and timeliness of information we provide to affected customers.

As an aside, we have notified the legal authorities and hope to work with them to try to identify the perpetrators of the recent attacks on our data centres, and if at all possible we will take action against them. Although difficult due to the sophisticated and international nature of the attacks, other providers that have suffered similar issues have made legal successful legal cases in the past that have resulted prosecutions. Sadly ddos attacks are a problem for all hosting companies large and small so we are constantly on guard and reviewing security.

We provide live status update pages to make things easier for our customers (so there is a single point of reference they can access all the latest information and updates when there is a problem). Please note our status pages do not (and never have) required a subscription – they are available to anyone that wants to see them. You can also access them via our company website and our support site.

Obviously we are extremely disappointed that you are not impressed with our service. We built our company by delivering high quality, reliable hosting products and services along with excellent technical support. A recent survey of our customers in November 2013 showed that over 91% of our customers are likely to recommend CWCS to other businesses or people they know.

I understand your Account Manager (Paul) has spoken to other people within your organisation about your recent issues but if you would like to discuss this further with him or have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to give him a call.

A Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report is also available to all customers that experienced issues. If you have not received a copy please get in touch and we will provide one.

Once again please accept our apologies for your inconvenience and please don’t hesitate to contact us direct if you would like to discuss further.

“Poor customer service”

Written on: 15/06/2011

I agree with the poster below, there are way too many 5 star reviews on here. The customer service team/technical support are a joke - even basic dns issues take several emails/days to clear up most of the time they dont have a clue.... and often you will find that these guys have a major chip on their shoulder...very poor indeed. I originally joined for their customer support, knowing that they where not the cheapest..but the support now is a joke...and after several differnet issues with our… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 21/07/2011

Here at CWCS we strive to offer excellent customer service and in response to the given feedback below which is something we welcome, I would like to respond on the following basis.

The basis of our company ethos to offer outstanding customer service and unrivalled support and it is unfortunate that this reviewer did not include their details so that we could have investigated their issue further. We have recently implemented call recording and this is reviewed for training and monitoring purposes and this should further improve the whole customer experience going forward. By recording the telephone calls we can survey and audit our support team and look for areas of improvement whether it be individual short falls or recommendations to make the enquiry a more efficient process, furthermore our support team are based at our owned UK data centers and we constantly look to train and develop our team to ensure we are truly offering exceptional service.
CWCS = Complete with Customer Support
Improvement is nothing that we are scared of here at CWCS and will always take on board any genuine feedback we are given to improve our all round performance.
Should you have any recommendations in the ways we can improve your experience then I would be glad to hear them.

Please contact me directly on 0845 203 1000.

Assuring you of my best attention at all times.

Nick Clarke

Head of Operations
CWCS Managed Hosting.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2011

Many thanks for posting this review of your experience of CWCS, it is a shame that you have remained anonymous as I would have liked the opportunity to address your dissatisfaction against the services we offer here at CWCS personally. However in response I would like to stipulate that we as a company look to deliver excellent customer service and allow the customer to really appreciate the fantastic personal experience at all times. I find it hard to accept that we are hard to reach by phone, we have a 24/7/365 manned operation based here in the UK and whilst I appreciate that there can be times when the call volumes can be high, we monitor this on a daily basis. We have introduced new methods of contacting our support team which now include free calls via Skype and you only have to read the other reviews which are not anonymous and hopefully give a true reflection of our services. If however the person who wrote the review would be prepared to make themselves known, then please email me directly nclarke@cwcs.co.uk and as stated I will look into and address any issues you have personally.
Kind regards
Nick Clarke
Head of Operations
CWCS Managed Hosting.

“I am an experienced web developer and have a fairly...”

Written on: 19/01/2010

I am an experienced web developer and have a fairly good knowledge of web servers and these are my thoughts on the company after quite a number of years.

CWCS hosting staff have a bad attitude and I have often received snotty messages back, they say 24/7 support but it seems to go to some guys mobile and he often sounds very tired. If you contact them at weekends they can take 3 hours or more to respond.

I currently use their shared coldfusion server and it quite often hangs and is very slow… Read Full Review