Canon Ixus Z70 Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Canon Ixus Z70 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon Ixus Z70

Canon Ixus Z70

“I read all the reports and reviews and had the same H...”

Written on: 23/03/2008

I read all the reports and reviews and had the same H error with my Canon Ixus Z70, thought sod it I am not going to bother even taking it to be repaired so hit it on the table several times and it has been ok since, so violence is the best solution… Read Full Review

Canon Ixus Z70

“I Paid a lot for the Canon Ixus Z70 digital camera...”

Written on: 25/05/2006 by habari (1 review written)

I Paid a lot for the Canon Ixus Z70 digital camera back in 1998. I take good care of my cameras, so I expect them to work for more than 3 years. My other cameras work year after year. If a company knows that their cameras or a model has a malfunction they should take responsibility, and not hide behind the warranty time. At least if they want to be taken seriously. No more Canon for me!… Read Full Review

Canon Ixus Z70

“My first ixus was the elph. It gave me 2yrs of service...”

Written on: 18/01/2003 by Archie. (1 review written)

My first ixus was the elph. It gave me 2yrs of service before locking up and I was forced (on holiday)to purchase a "cheapy" kodak to get me over the holiday period and which my wife still uses. The repair was to be in the region of £100. It's in the loft. I have now got a Z70 and yes thats broken too, just locked up, out of guarantee and estimated at £120 to repair. I do look after my camera's as both are mint condition case wise. When the camera worked it was very good indeed with a much… Read Full Review

71749_Archie.'s Response to 66202_Archie.'s Review

Written on: 09/02/2003

Well I bought another one. I got it on ebay, second hand but in good condition apart from a couple of very light scratches on the case, only just visible. I got it for £37 a real bargain. I ran a roll using all it's functions and all is well, the picture quality as usual for this model is excellent.

109706_Robert.'s Response to 66202_Archie.'s Review

Written on: 22/06/2003

Interesting. I have a Canon Ixus II which suffers from the same sort of problem. Conveniently a year or so out of guarrantee, it keeps locking up, with some part or other of the display flashing. Also similar - Canon will repair it for a silly sum of money. The problem seems to clear temporarily if I slap the camera about a bit (something I'd also like to do to selected members of Canon staff for selling me such a lemon).

Canon Ixus Z70

“Z70 was purchased on the QXL auction site and was a...”

Written on: 07/08/2002 by Paul Freeman. (1 review written)

Z70 was purchased on the QXL auction site and was a bargain at £170 when the shop price was £240 at the time. The results achieved have been excellent whatever the lighting conditions, and the panoramic results have been superb. Recommendations to one of my wife's colleagues as well as a friend has resulted in two more purchaases… Read Full Review

Canon Ixus Z70

“The Canon Ixus Z70 is a great APS camera: light, small...”

Written on: 29/03/2002 by John Pearce. (1 review written)

The Canon Ixus Z70 is a great APS camera: light, small easy to use and with great features like panoramic views and the zoom is good. I've used it in many situations (hill walking to weddings) and found it fine but it broke down and refused to work two weeks after the guarantee ran out last year. I took it back to where I bought it and was told it was uneconomical to repair at approximately £80 (it cost me £220) when a new one could be £165. I am now left with an expensive silver box. Oh yes… Read Full Review

34071_Chris.'s Response to 17559_John Pearce.'s Review

Written on: 21/08/2002

Don't downgrade the overall rating of this camera just because yours broke.
<br>As you said it is an EXCELLENT camera - small , good
features the works , you were just unlucky.

Jonajuna's Response to 17559_John Pearce.'s Review

Written on: 27/11/2003

try this as a workaround for the h errors.
<br>
<br>when powering on, apply a little pressure to the lens before and during its extension from the camera. not enough to stop it coming out, just to delay and slow it down.
<br>
<br>our z70 developed this error over a year ago and we have had success with this method 90% of the time (with the other 10% you just have to power off and on using the same technique)
<br>ok so its a bit of a drag, but you soon get in the habit and it saves the repair costs

119362_Paul.'s Response to 17559_John Pearce.'s Review

Written on: 27/07/2003

Similar to all the users above my Canon has got stuck with the letter H after 3 years use. I have been quoted £85 for returning to Canon
<br>I would echo the sentiment that this seems to be a design fault. It would certainly put me off buying a Canon ever again unless they offer a more reasonable repair cost

115978_Steve & Gill.'s Response to 17559_John Pearce.'s Review

Written on: 16/07/2003

We too have had 2... yes 2 Z70's that failed within 3 weeks of each other and outside of their warranty 3 years from new, with the same "H" error message and the zoom at full extend on power up. It seems a very expensive repair, making the camera way over priced and with no guarantee it will fail again at any time. I think there are too many people with the same fault ... smells like a design flaw which Canon should take responsibility for and repair at their cost. Other than this major setback it was a very good little camera. In general it seems avoid APS cameras in the future as they are on their way out, due to constant problems and high costs. Several photo specialist retailers I have been speaking to are already moving away from this format for these reasons.

105043_Mickey.'s Response to 17559_John Pearce.'s Review

Written on: 07/06/2003

We too have a Canon Ixus APS camera that has failed after 3 yrs with the "H" error message. It looks like Canon's former reliability is no more and as for saying they are "uneconomic to repair" just illustrates their attitude to the customer. We're just walking wallets to them. To be fleeced as much as they think we'll stand for. I'll be looking for a cheap and cheerful NON-CANNON digital replacement. APS RIP!

Francisw.'s Response to 17559_John Pearce.'s Review

Written on: 29/03/2003

I too have (had) a Canon Ixus Z70. It was a great camera until it failed with a letter "H" in the display. The lens zooms forward as soon as it is switched on. I was told that it would cost at least £100 to fix - I think I'll buy a new APS camera from some other maker.

45220_Richard.'s Response to 17559_John Pearce.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2002

My Canon Ixus Z70 packed up after 3 years with an "H" message on the display. My local dealer couldn't repair it and sent it to Cannon - their estimate was £151 to "replace lens barrel assembly" and they now want £17 to return it unrepaired! A local repairer say they will do a "no obligation" quote for free - they *think* they could fix for less than £100. The Z70 gave us sterling service and I still think it is an excellent camera, so I hope we can get it fixed for a reasonable price. 21/10/02.