Peugeot 205 STDT Reviews

Peugeot 205 STDT - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Peugeot 205 STDT

Peugeot 205 STDT
Peugeot 205 STDT

“Resilient, cost-effective to fix”

Written on: 15/02/2009 by attermire (1 review written)

Resilient, cost-effective to fix
simplicity is a part of this
classic shape will continue to be liked
fun
pleasant. Not entirely waterproof
handbrake components , brakes generally better since these were designed.
headlights not too bright
adapting to 3-door model. Good natured car
listen for noise changes and faults stay clear of breakdown

has broken down before, both times choosing comfortable safe times/places to do so.

3rd Peugot 205 now owned for nearly six years.

Find mechanic(s) who likes them… Read Full Review

“My Peugeot 205 does the rare/cool car thing for me. ”

Written on: 20/02/2008

My Peugeot 205 does the rare/cool car thing for me.
Commutes daily so [full size] spare wheel ready in hatch with chocks / jack etc. Well matched to UK speed limits and rural roads with plenty of hill climbing. [Pug 307 chosen for motorway work - but 205 DT for snow or flood]. Not For Sale [yet]. Generally puts a smile on faces… Read Full Review

“This Peugeot is a superb little car - smile factor...”

Written on: 28/11/2007 by smilefactor (1 review written)

This Peugeot is a superb little car - smile factor from ear to ear... Good, cheap to run and reliable - go for it!… Read Full Review

“This is best car I have had yet! ”

Written on: 29/12/2006 by dulverton205 (1 review written)

This is best car I have had yet!

The Peugeot 205 STDT is nippy and fun, and I am proud to show it off. The STDT is the best of all the models… Read Full Review

“The Peugeot 205 is cool. Some people think because...”

Written on: 21/04/2006 by andy no7 (1 review written)

The Peugeot 205 is cool. Some people think because it's a diesel it's slow, but wow!… Read Full Review

“I bought my J reg 205TD a year ago and love it, it...”

Written on: 22/05/2004 by clintwill (1 review written)

I bought my J reg 205TD a year ago and love it, it handles like its on rails, looks great with GTI alloys, can fit my Golf clubs in the boot. 100 though on the clock and purrs every time you turn the key. Excellent!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“The Peugeot 205 stdt was the first car I bought AND...”

Written on: 13/11/2003 by jjdjhguihd (1 review written)

The Peugeot 205 stdt was the first car I bought AND the best Diesel car I've ever driven. As a youngster I had so much fun with this car keep up with most GTI my top speen i got out of it was 135mph, ok it was going downhill at the time. Cheap to run unless you put your foot down then it goes down as quick as the speedo goes up… Read Full Review

“The 205 GTI is by fare the best GTI you will ever be...”

Written on: 13/03/2003 by badboy. (1 review written)

The 205 GTI is by fare the best GTI you will ever be able to buy and the 205 stdt is really good aswell. BEST CAR EVER APART FROM THE 205GTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“I have loved the Peugeot 205 GTi for almost my entre...”

Written on: 02/03/2003 by Dj Xite. (1 review written)

I have loved the Peugeot 205 GTi for almost my entre life, its looks and potential to be a showcase car is huge. Frankly the guy who mentioned how his corolla gti16 was far better in power is most probably right, ive studied this car for at least two years now (starting early looking for the right one to buy) and yes the Peugeot 205 GTi has a little lack in power, but whats the difference when you can update the engine. The handling rocks any hot hatch on the road and the looks are far better… Read Full Review

Samm's Response to Dj Xite.'s Review

Written on: 25/12/2003

a 205 1.9 gti is quicked than a corolla gti 16v no probs, ok it isnt as well built and even not as reliable but it is quicker and looks much better! nuff said!

“I had a Peugeot 205 GRD diesel, for a diesel they are...”

Written on: 06/02/2003 by mark. (1 review written)

I had a Peugeot 205 GRD diesel, for a diesel they are very nippy and extremely cheap to run and insure. I have now changed the engine in it and added a 1.9gti engine fitted with a nitrous oxide system and a K&N air filter, It gives it roughly 180 - 190 bhp. 0 - 60mph in about 5 seconds. Doing this kind of modification is not cheap and is not insurance friendly, im 22 years old and i spend £3800 a year on insurance and over £100 a week on petrol, the car is fitted with a gti body kit 16" alloy… Read Full Review

Chezzzer's Response to 71104_mark.'s Review

Written on: 04/04/2004

Does any one know how I would have to go about fitting a 1.9 GTI engine into my diesel van.

“My peugeot is a non gti xs version. Its a twin choke...”

Written on: 15/12/2002 by ed perrett. (1 review written)

My peugeot is a non gti xs version. Its a twin choke 1400cc petrol engine car and can get to 60mph in under 10 secs, this for the engine size is quite amazing. It can keep up with most bigger more powerful engined cars like golf gti's. For the money I paid for it and the fun I've had driving it I can easily recommend this to other young drivers. Now you probably say well wait young man and drive some other cars before you judge this little Frence banger, but I have. I've driven golfs… Read Full Review

“Had the Peugeot 205 1600 gti for a few months and...”

Written on: 04/06/2002 by arry. (1 review written)

Had the Peugeot 205 1600 gti for a few months and liked the overall look of the car. It was fun too, with not much more than a wheel in each corner, no weight to it and a pretty chirpy little engine. But, if i'm honest, it's not exactly the worlds best constructed car ever. The interior is cheap and nasty. The engines sound like a tank and the gearboxes don't have any good points at all. These cars rot badly too if not looked after, especially rear sills and tailgate. Not the fastest of the… Read Full Review

35260_Jon.'s Response to 26424_arry.'s Review

Written on: 28/08/2002

I don't honestly think the guy who wrote the review knows much about cars or what goes into making a car fun and enjoyable. I have an 89 Gti 1.6 and to date it is the best car I've owned. I've had a couple of hot hatches, Nova SR and AX GT 500, and a coupe, VW Scirocco GTS, and to be honest for what I paid for my 205 (£550) it has been well worth the money. Ok so she has a few rattles, her engine is starting to smoke a bit at severe throttle pounding, but the rawness, great engine note (standard exhaust of course) and rapidness is great. 13 years old and will give a Saxo VTR/ 106 GTi a good run for it's money. Cracking.

Eddbrett's Response to 26424_arry.'s Review

Written on: 07/09/2004

What is that guy on about, i have a J-Reg 205 TD with not a single spot of rust on the body work. He must be talking about a different car altogther, cos 205's dont rot.

46437_Dan.'s Response to 26424_arry.'s Review

Written on: 27/10/2002

Arry

You clearly know very little about the motor industry.
The Peugeot 205 is still the best hot hatch around.
It's like a Mini on drugs!

I've driven many different cars, my first was a 1.3 Peugeot 309 (that made me smile) my current car is 328 BMW (that makes my smile) and quite frankly you make me smile!

I owned a 205 GTi for a few years and every time i drove it i giggled! No other car has ever done that for me. It only cost me £700. Who cares about rattles and trim? You've totally missed the point of the car.

35363_Arry.'s Response to 26424_arry.'s Review

Written on: 29/08/2002

jon
<br>
<br>believe me when i say i dont hate the pugs, and also believe i do know a lot about cars - i've owned/driven more than most!
<br>
<br>Its just that the other gti's ive driven have been better overall, maybe not more "fun", but better. for example i had a corolla gti16, which was a lot faster, more reliable, stronger engines and box, interior with full electrics and decent switches/panels, was far better on petrol, etc etc. The car didnt handle as well i will admit that, but if i had to chose between the two the corolla would win all the time.
<br>
<br>I'm not doubting they're great value for money, because they undoubtably are - especially given the performance.
<br>
<br>And as for what makes a car fun? RWD and 250bhp outta my s13 200sx! now thats fun!

“Had one of these Peugeot 205 stdt cars for 3 years -...”

Written on: 08/05/2002 by egg. (1 review written)

Had one of these Peugeot 205 stdt cars for 3 years - loved it! Great car highly recommended - not that much slower in real world speed to GTI.

Just bought the 1.9 GTI though and that really is the ultimate in hot hatches - show me a golf anyday and then wave goodbye!… Read Full Review

51517_Butch.'s Response to 22705_egg.'s Review

Written on: 17/11/2002

agree they are great

“My review is that the Peugeot 205 stdt it is a good...”

Written on: 29/03/2002 by big nev. (1 review written)

My review is that the Peugeot 205 stdt it is a good first car to buy but only if you are into body styling… Read Full Review

112070_Gordon.'s Response to 17540_big nev.'s Review

Written on: 01/07/2003

Doesn't STD mean sexually transmitted disease?
<br>I wouldn't sit in your car!!! :o)