Tefal Quick Cup Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Read and write a Tefal Quick Cup Review here! The Tefal Quick Cup Kettle is a promising kettle! Check out our reviews. Perhaps you have Tefal Quick Cup Problems? Then why not visit our forums!
Tefal Quick Cup - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tefal Quick Cup

Tefal Quick Cup

“Good...but not for everything”

Written on: 02/12/2013 by woodyforrest (2 reviews written)

What a great idea, instant boiling water, a real time saver. I've had this product for years now and I use it every morning to make a cup of tea for me and my wife. It's important to note that we both drink herbal teas and the Quick Cup provides water at the perfect temperature so no need to wait for it to cool. Transversely, when regular tea and coffee drinkers visit, they comment that their beverage is inadequately heated as the addition of milk means that the water isn't quite hot enough… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“Telfal Quick Cup Disappointing.”

Written on: 04/05/2013

I couldn't wait to give this to my mother who has poor eyesight thinking this would be ideal for her. But not to be.As I filled and boiled the water I could smell a foul plasticy smell the water also tastes foul.I continued to boil water for weeks now and still smells and tastes horrible. ?????????… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“Cheaper on Electricity !”

Written on: 04/11/2012 by GS1949 (1 review written)

I was given one of these older machines by a friend. Certainly cheaper to run than a kettle. I have overcome the 'lack of' softener cartridges, we use a Water Jug with it's own cartridge and I removed the cartridge from the Tefal. It seems to work very well. As some say, it's a bit splashy with dispensing water, but apart from that very good. I must find the instructions, as I didn't know about the descale function… Read Full Review

Paule's Response to GS1949's Review

Written on: 03/02/2013

If the blue light comes, it needs de-scaling....

To reset, simply hold both top buttons down until the blue light goes out!

Simples!

Gs1949's reply to Paule's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2013

Thanks.
I haven't seen any blue light yet !
When I do, I hope I will have remembered your tip.

Is there any way to stop the water splashing about when filling the cup?
I've tried cleaning the spout filter thing but sometimes it splashes out the cup.
Thank you.

Paule's reply to Gs1949's Comment

Written on: 05/02/2013

Here is the correct way to descale:
Descaling your appliance
In order to optimise the lifetime of your appliance, we recommend that you descale it at least every 2 months.
Descaling should be carried out more frequently if you live in a very hard water area.
Certain models also have an indicator light K, which indicates when descaling is necessary. When this
indicator K is on during use, it is time to descale the appliance.
To descale:
1 Remove the Claris filter cartridge fig 6.
2 Place a container of at least 1.5 litres under the nozzle.
3 Empty the tank A, if it is still full of water, then reposition it on its base fig 2.
4 Pour 1 litre of commercially available white vinegar at 8° into the tank.
5 Press the hot water button H and the ambient water button G simultaneously for at least 5 seconds fig 7.
You have the possibility of launching a descaling cycle even if the indicator light K is not on. To do this, press
the hot water button H and the ambient water button G simultaneously for at least 10 seconds
6 The descaling cycle thus runs automatically for approximately 10 minutes.
The indicator turns off at the end of the cycle.
7 When the cycle has come to an end, empty the container and refill the water tank to a maximum.
Relaunch a new operation for rinsing the appliance by holding down one of the buttons fig 3 and fig 10.
8 Once this last cycle has finished, reposition the Claris cartridge; your appliance is ready for use once more

As regards splashing:
Its the nature of these machines, just try and raise the cup on block of wood, when ur filling it to prevent splashing.................

Tefal Quick Cup

“4 years on and still working 100%”

Written on: 23/09/2012 by deludeddonny (1 review written)

This is a great peice of kit and have no idea why they stopped making it? All the new ones out there work very differently. This heated the water as it came out, all the new ones boil it a cup full at a time. Only gripe is it is not getting harder to find the filters for them, but that is to be expected since they stopped making this model many years ago! … Read Full Review

Paule's Response to deludeddonny's Review

Use a filter jug!

No more filters needed!

“does not work”

Written on: 06/09/2012 by chazsp1 (1 review written)

bought this 14 months ago and not happy at all, it does not give out a full cup so you have to boil it twice, kinda defeats the object, its 2 months past its warranty and i informed tealfal who give me 4 options, one was to pay them £30 just to look at it, will not be buying teafal again. this product cost me £65 HA someone is having a laugh… Read Full Review

Paule's Response to chazsp1's Review

Written on: 03/02/2013

You have to set it,when first use it!
Simply hold down the button until its at the level u require........

Level is now in its memory!

Chazsp1's Response to chazsp1's Review

Written on: 04/02/2013

hi and thank you, but this model does not have a button, it has a switch, turn to the left and a smaller amount of water comes out, turn to the right and a larger amount of water comes out, it does not matter which way i turn it only half a cup comes out. regards charlie

Tefal Quick Cup

“Easy water heating for Coffee and Tea”

Written on: 30/05/2011 by glassfroster (1 review written)

Excellent system for fast, hot cuppas. Had ours for nearly four years and its only now going wrong. We will definately replace it with another. It does have a downside and thats the noise as its working. The automatic descale functions are excellent although you do have to do it several times to get the best result. I will never go back to a standars kettle again!… Read Full Review

Alison4444's Response to glassfroster's Review

Written on: 28/08/2011

Hi, my Tefal one cup needs replacing after approx 4 years. I love it and can't find another one anywhere. Can you tell me if you managed to replace yours and where from please...alisonjgold@virginmedia.com.

Alison

Guest's Response to glassfroster's Review

Written on: 28/08/2011

Hi, I love mine too and after about 5 years I would like to replace it but I can't find one anywhere. If you do find one, please let me know where I can buy one.alisonjgold@virginmedia.com

Alison

Tefal Quick Cup

“ours worked for the first 7 months but then we started...”

Written on: 22/05/2011

ours worked for the first 7 months but then we started to have difficulty with it it started to fail to supply hot water and made very loud noises when we had finished useing it we had to leave our cup under for a long time because if we didnt it would just leak all over the top. it was costing us more in bills to heat it up in the microwave than to just get a normal kettle not to mentoin the filters. if i had the choice to go back and rebuy this item i wouldent. would we buy another one to… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“This product was bought due to the alleged speed that...”

Written on: 13/05/2011 by MJA1 (1 review written)

This product was bought due to the alleged speed that it produced hot water. For the first three months it worked as promised, it then got noisy and was prone to spluttering steam out. It is now 10 months old and has finally given up the ghost, it should be noted that it began to automatically pump water out without being touched. I have now spoken to Tefal who have informed me that the model has been taken out of production to be replaced by a newer model. In my opinion I would never have… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“Owned it for more than a year, took out the filter...”

Written on: 26/03/2011

Owned it for more than a year, took out the filter since we live in a soft water area. Very very satisfied till this week! Worked great, and we average about 10-15 cups of tea a day. Now the water comes out very slowly, the machine keeps stopping and I have to press the cup button several times for a cup. Descaling does not help. It was expensive and I expected it to last longer. Even though I liked it a lot, after reading these reviews I am hesitant to buy a new one… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“A great little product, my only concern was the cost...”

Written on: 22/03/2011

A great little product, my only concern was the cost of filters but we then found them at a reasonable price on the internet, be careful some sellers are asking £10+ for each filter we found them here at the right price
I would say this is well worth the money and just hoe it lasts… Read Full Review

Paule's Comment

Written on: 03/02/2013

All u gotta do is make sure u use a filter jug.

You dont need any filters then!

Tefal Quick Cup

“my first quick cup lasted about a year so when I saw...”

Written on: 05/03/2011

my first quick cup lasted about a year so when I saw the delux model I got it , wife told me off for filling with pint bottle and being sloppy never thought it might be leaking which it was , sometimes a cup of steam sometimes hot water but not as hot as a boiled kettle thats why I binned the first one but its give up now and it was an ebay affair so my attempt to cut down on expenditure has failed cannot recomend ps my son left his plugged in and it just started working by itself and did not… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2012

Mine has emptied hot wate all over the new worktop, near boiling water all over the cupboard fronts and shelves. The edges have lifted and sections are peeling.. Suggest everyone leaves them switched off.

Tefal Quick Cup

“only use is to keep my gold fish.”

Written on: 15/01/2011

only use is to keep my gold fish… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“This is my second Quick cup. The first one lasted 18...”

Written on: 12/12/2010

This is my second Quick cup. The first one lasted 18 months and I replaced it. This second one has just blown up - literally - and I will not be replacing it. In my opinion, absolute rubbish - and to think the other similar makes get rotton reviews - this one takes the biscuit. Never again… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“Like a lot of others I thought this a great idea when...”

Written on: 23/09/2010

Like a lot of others I thought this a great idea when I bought it as I live alone I felt I could save on electricity. However My biggest problems with it are the amount of water it dispenses doesn't fill a cup and the temperature after adding milk to tea is too low. Altogether a disappointing buy… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“had this 2 years spent 2years asking why my electric...”

Written on: 06/09/2010

had this 2 years spent 2years asking why my electric bills are high found out today 3 small cups tea used 1.2 units of electric put my old electric kettle on boiled 1litre of water plenty for 3 cups of tea used 2/10 of a unit do i need to say more???… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/06/2011

Damn, I wish people would learn to punctuate: or at least start a new sentence occasionally.

Written on: 03/06/2012

So to make 1 cup of tea, this quick cup used 0.4 units of electricity? If the quick cup is 2.8kw, then that means it takes 1/7th of an hour to make a 1 cup of tea - over 8 minutes per cup. (2.8units per hour / 0.4 units used = 7 cups per hour)

Do I need to say more???

Tefal Quick Cup

“Brilliant, the best kettle we could have bought. We...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

Brilliant, the best kettle we could have bought. We have had it for three years now and could not imagine life without it. It even impressed other members of the family so they have bought one as well and they love it just as much. I can't ever think of having to wait for the kettle to boil again, less then 1 min and your drink is ready to go instead of that boring 5 mins we use to have to wait. It has taken some real hammer over the 3 years from a family of four avid coffee and tea drinkers… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“Easy to use but no one likes the tea as it comes out...”

Written on: 13/08/2010 by sandradenbow (2 reviews written)

Easy to use but no one likes the tea as it comes out frothy and looks disgusting. We have had it for nearly four years now and it has saved us money and energy but fed up with others comments about the way tea looks and tastes. Also they say its not hot hot enough but I think its the perfect temperature, I can actually drink my tea without burning my mouth. Coffee on the other hand does not froth which would have been good but never mind.
Overal i like the fact we don't boil a whole kettle of… Read Full Review

Paule's Response to sandradenbow's Review

To use it:

Having previously set water level.
Place cup under spout, pop in teabag, press button, then remove, no froth.
Now remove teabag, add milk an sugar to taste!
Simples!

Tefal Quick Cup

“I've had mine for 19 months. Never changed the filter...”

Written on: 27/07/2010

I've had mine for 19 months. Never changed the filter but still works perfectly. Saves on electric bill as well… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“Bought it a clearance warehouse at half price. I...”

Written on: 21/07/2010

Bought it a clearance warehouse at half price. I thought I'd got a bargain, but luckily I found out the returns policy protected me in case it was faulty.

It was a magic product during the first week you use it, but like the majority of reviews, water became tepid. Returned it, got a replacement. Lasted about a week. Unit probably made 8 cups a day, not heavy use, but not light.

On top of all this, It is a little slow to pour as well and very noisy. I got it because I tend be up into the wee… Read Full Review

Tefal Quick Cup

“I am an avid coffee drinker,and have not got the...”

Written on: 04/07/2010

I am an avid coffee drinker,and have not got the patience to wait for approximately 3 minutes when I wake to have my 1st coffee.Seeing this advertised I thought I would treat myself to one,at first I thought this was the best invention ever,instant steaming water and a piping hot cup of coffee in seconds.However,the dream was short lived,within a week the water was warm at best,and I had to keep pressing the button to fill a cup.I took it back to where I got it from and explained it's… Read Full Review