Pioneer Nevada 125 Reviews

Media Gallery for Pioneer Nevada 125

Pioneer Nevada 125
Pioneer Nevada 125

“my pioneer nevada”

Written on: 24/09/2014 by Jordond128 (1 review written)

this is my second pioneer , my first was a 12 plate . a nightmare gears were horrible to change , back break rubbed on the exhaust , exhaust came loose. got shot of it , now purchased a 63 plate 6 months old , no broblem , drives nice gears change good , very happy with this bike, but have 4 other bikes so pioneer not used a lot ,,,,buy secondhand and save a lot of money , don't pay anymore than 800 for a year old pioneer… Read Full Review

“Bought one of these machines 6/6/14 I am no 64 years...”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by McKnight179 (1 review written)

Bought one of these machines 6/6/14 I am no 64 years old and thought if I don't do it now I never will so took the plunge seems a nice bike looks well since my purchase I have found a rear back parcel carrier and fitted this has a new back box to put my helmet it so I don't have to carry this around makes sense but I would like to change all or most of the nuts and bolts for stainless steel but not being a mechanic I am struggling with this a still have the problem would I like to take this a… Read Full Review

“They dont like cornering.”

Written on: 09/06/2014

I was GIVEN one for getting to work on, a 2009 fairly clean bike which considering its age looked pretty beat up with some heavy rusting around the battery housing but apart from that it looked OK. I took it out for a spin and found it really doesnt like low cornering as the big flat foot step hits the ground before you think it should. It looks bigger than it is, its a bit of an inside out tardis and gets lot of comments with none of them negative. Appearance wise, its really nice… Read Full Review

“pioneer nevada made by shandong motor cycle company”

Written on: 29/05/2014 by eli333 (1 review written)

bought one of these machines about a month ago for 500 quid, it had a few problems as do they all mostly due to lack of maintenance, enjoyed doing the work, enjoy riding the bike and it looks the part, true things work loose this is why we check them,this bike has done 8000 miles and the engine is good, changed the oil as you do, on the hole have to say for the money these bikes are well worth it have to say many things are made in China and they are a very clever race of people, and best of… Read Full Review

“Ride with caution”

Written on: 16/11/2013 by jarjar828 (1 review written)

I hope anyone planning to buy the bike reads this first. I brought my bike from an online bike/scooter company for around 1k. Firstly, i had to wait like 3 months for the bike. Then it didnt start. Fuel was not passing through the carb. Garage cost 135 quid. Lukily the warranty covered this. Then had not much fun driving around at 30mph for two weeks as i couldnt go over 5k revs. I have since done just over 1000km. First problems...afted 150km the left exhaust fell away from the engine whilst… Read Full Review

“Drove One for 3 Years”

Written on: 05/10/2013

I got a second hand one and drove it all over Scotland for 3 years or so. Firstly it is a very nice bike to ride, big and heavy too so get's you used to the weight for bigger bikes. The engine seems to keep going and going without any problems - think I did around 20-30000 in those 3 years. It is very econnomical on fuel. The bolts on the bike do seem to come loose quicker than with other 125's I've ridden however the main problem lies in that the bolts are of an inferior quality. On… Read Full Review

“Not All Bad”

Written on: 25/08/2013 by MandyMarieKent (1 review written)

Having read a lots of reviews on Pioneer Navada I thought it was time I put my pennies worth in. I bought my Nerv 2013 (Gladis) 200 miles away from where I live. She had only done less than a mile on the clock and had been stored since April of this year. On collecting her the Battery was dead so a new one was bought and the return trip made. My journey took me over 7 hours running into the early hours of the morning. Breaks taken during the trip were more for my behind than anything added to… Read Full Review

“problems from new”

Written on: 27/06/2013 by darkrider1 (1 review written)

had problems from day one, the petrol guage not working, speedo not working,also emissions hose kept melting, after 2 weeks exhaust bolts loose, and in fact one fell off whilst riding the thing, the left wing mirror thread was stripped and i had to glue it with araldite resin. this bike has been a nightmare since i bought it i would not recommend this bike to my worst enemy. only thing positive to say is it looks good… Read Full Review

“GREAT BIKE”

Written on: 17/09/2012 by jcfost (1 review written)

I brought this bike few weeks ago and have to say its a awsem bike, you get alot of miles when you fill up just £10, it handles well, the only bad thing i can say not many mechanics will touch it because its chinese but i would def give it a chance, you be amaze :)… Read Full Review

Outofworkwizard's Response to jcfost's Review

Written on: 19/11/2012

absolute rubbish. in 2 months the starter solenoid went, rear wheel bearing, steering bearings, speedo, headlight, switchgear, fuel gage...the list goes on. I have been riding for over 10 years and picking up a cheap commuter has its consequences. Avoid these if you can afford to.

“Pioneer Nevada 125 Problems”

Written on: 03/09/2012 by wyerte (1 review written)

Only done 400 km on it, but already having problems. Doesn't run in the rain, keeps cutting out when wet, but we returned to the garage , no fault found. Bearings on forkes failing ( yes after 400km!!!) , you can hear a grinding noise,and feels lumpy. Rust coming through on almost every part. Crome falling off. Also various bolts keep comming undone, ( eg Foot plate ) , i keep tightening them up , but they vibrate lose again. All wiring exposed , not even Taped together! Bike looks the part… Read Full Review

Aa1957's Response to wyerte's Review

Written on: 03/06/2013

I totally agree with everything that has been said here. I have recently bought a Pioneer Torro 125cc and have had endless problems from day one. The latest is that the top exhaust system is falling apart, so have to get a new one at a cost of over £100. Will not even consider buying 2nd hand parts, if the new parts are so bad.

Aa1957's Response to wyerte's Review

Written on: 03/06/2013

When the bike is not falling apart, it's quite a nice bike to ride, although don't expect to go over 50mph. Get full bike license and buy a larger bike.

“tomboxes bike”

Written on: 14/02/2012

navada 125 very good bike take no notice of the doom merchants for the price of these bikes they are very good i wouldnt change mine i go all over on it and havnt had any problems look after the bike it will stand you in good stead the engine on this bike is as good as any jap 125 plus a comfy ride get out there and buy yourself one… Read Full Review

“Pioneer Torro that sure acts like a bull!!”

Written on: 20/01/2012 by mathmos (1 review written)

I purchased the Pioneer Torro 125CC as a fair priced way to get about as I am short of funds at present after being made redundant some time back. (I only cover 8 miles a day if I am lucky! I have owned this bike for just over 3 months and all I can say is if you are tempted by the stylish looks and big bike build for a 125cc don't be tempted, forewarned is forearmed!!!! These bikes are a total waste of money and will throw a catalogue of problems up from the moment you drive it away from the… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to mathmos's Review

Written on: 25/03/2012

I agree i got my self a torro i have had bolts fall off realy bad rust,on the chrome and i have also had a bolt snap ,,all in all i would,nt give this bike away to any one ,,these bikes are a accident waiteing to happen

Paulhilling's Response to mathmos's Review

Written on: 23/09/2012

I have just purchased a torro, it has done 7 Km and because it rained today, it stopped, and refused to start, footplate is bloody useless, agree that you have to throw your leg up to change to 2,3,4th, what a joke. will be contacting supplier on Monday.

“the pioneer Nevada how tough it looks a beast of a...”

Written on: 07/02/2011

the pioneer Nevada how tough it looks a beast of a looker but let me name but a few problems this bike may develop first when winter hit i never used my bike and covered it over for 2 weeks, unhooked the battery of course. when I came back to it the chrome exhaust and crash bar was rusted so I cleaned it down and put anti corrosion on 1 week later rust is back now I have to coat it weekly.
a big problem is all the bolts come lose or shear off as on on my exhaust did costing me 45pound repair to… Read Full Review

“what a joke my wonderful pioneer navada is. ”

Written on: 08/11/2010

what a joke my wonderful pioneer navada is.
bourt it second hand and worked fine for 1 week till my 3rd gear did not work ever again i am now waiting to find a garage that will fix a chineese motorcycle engine.
initial problems were the screw kept comeing loose
in the left hand foot rest as as you no when it comes completly out the gears dont work.it happened once and luckily i didnt lose the screw other wise i would have been stuck miles from home.
i realy do likt the look of the bike and it… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/05/2012

well then keep the bolts tight and look after it properly and get some english lessons so you can spell

Mick0905's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2012

Sentences should begin with capital letters, "english" should also have a capital letter and sentences should end with a full stop.

Maybe you could attend the same English classes as the original poster. ; )

“Pioneer Nevada XF125L-4B ”

Written on: 17/06/2010 by Wezza1977UK (1 review written)

Pioneer Nevada XF125L-4B
A review by Wes Fazzani

Having just finished watching the final episode of season 2 of "the Sons of Anarchy", I had watched the whole of season 1 and season 2 over the course of about a week (it's a great TV show!!!) I had one of those moments men describe as a flash of inspiration, and which women describe (when said moment relates to her male counterpart) as a moment of madness. I decided I wanted to be a biker. So, clutching the trusty Visa card I picked up the… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Wezza1977UK's Review

Written on: 16/07/2011

Rather long winded, but we got there in the end.

I have just read a few bad reports on this bike, it does make good sence to check all nuts and bolts as this chap recomends.

But do I buy one or not. I still need to see some good reviews first.

Chris

“i for one thing u need 2 look at the bigger picture my...”

Written on: 07/06/2010

i for one thing u need 2 look at the bigger picture my 2010 is a sound babe of a bike.
its well built , the four-stroke is a good quality , I don't vibrate , Nd its giving me a 75mph speed burst Nd 60mph cruise control , I cruised at 60 on a motorway all day Nd did 200miles before filling up.
1,500 for.
chrome sis bars. spotlights remote start , abs , cruise control , Nd the reliability off of Pioneer's 4 stroke.
this bike cruses from herefordshire 2 london with ease at 60 all the way… Read Full Review

Rockerdann's Comment

Written on: 07/09/2011

hey my mate is offering me to buy his nevada for 425, itll be my first bike and will just be used so i can travel to work everyday which is about 30 miles away. he says it has abit of rust etc, but would you say it was worth it. he said he brought it from new and rode it once so im guessing it hasnt been broken in. so.. 1- how would i break it in. 2- if i did have problems with it who would you advise is best to see?

thanks =)

Written on: 23/03/2012

iv'e been offered a nev for £500 tbh never heard of them b4 and after reading most of these comments i felt a bit aprehensive about buying it but its only done 400 miles and its been parked up and covered for best part of a year there's no rust on the chrome but i will be checking the nuts and making sure i break it in properly good sound advice much appreciated thank you

“Well i decided to get one of these as my first ever...”

Written on: 12/05/2010

Well i decided to get one of these as my first ever motorcycle. That was somewhat of a mistake. Initially upon delivery of the bike, i was impressed. It looks the part with its shiny chrome twin exhaust and crash bars, 2 panniers for storage space and nice large foot rests for a comfortable ride. Unfortunately, as it was my 1st bike, i didnt know what i should check before i signed for it, and the delivery driver told me it had had a full Pre Delivery Inspection before coming to me. Well after… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/07/2011

This is a very good review and straight to the point.

I am now going off the idea of getting one for myself.

Rust at an early age, is not good.

Chris

“I OWNED PIONEER NEVADA FROM NEW FOR APPROX 12 MONTHS....”

Written on: 13/04/2010

I OWNED PIONEER NEVADA FROM NEW FOR APPROX 12 MONTHS. NICE LOOKS, DONE SOME UPGRADES TO IT TO MAKE IT LOOK EVEN MORE NICER BUT THAT IS ABOUT IT. RUSTS EASY SO NOT FOR ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS USE, SLOW AND NOT FOR HILLS IF YOU ARE 16 STONES OR OVER. ALMOST ALL OTHER CARS CAN KEEP UP WITH IT AT TRAFFIC LIGHTS TAKE OFF. I DIDN'T LIKE THAT AS DANGEROUS WITH SOME LUNATICS ON 4 WHEELS. GREAT PRESENCE ON THE ROAD BECAUSE OF THE SIZE AND LOOKS- YES.

SOME SAY IT CAN DO 60MPH. I GOT 55 MAX WITH IRRIDIUM… Read Full Review

“Bought the Pioneer Nevada 125 in May so can,t really...”

Written on: 03/09/2009

Bought the Pioneer Nevada 125 in May so can,t really make a any informed comments however for the time i,ve had it it,s been reliable and good fun to ride as this is the first bike I,ve ever had I quite enjoy it,however i,ve found that a regular check on all the nut,s and bolts is essential but thats the same with any bike I,m told,MPG is good too, parts seem to be a bit hard to come by in fact most companies don,t even have Pioneer on there manufactures & model dropdown lists, in fact the only… Read Full Review

“Pioneer Nevada 125 looks good, vibration bad, nuts...”

Written on: 11/07/2009 by Douglas Drury (1 review written)

Pioneer Nevada 125 looks good, vibration bad, nuts fall out… Read Full Review