1and1 www.1and1.co.uk Reviews

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Problem resolved”

Written on: 22/05/2014

We all making mistakes of reviewing our purchase atet we have made it and found problems. It twists the knife of the problem to realise it was your own mistake for purchasing, given the negative reviews out there. So here is a more positive story. Yes 1and1 mislead with their impact advertising of 1.49 a month, but to be fair they do have a package at that price point which works. However, they resolved my problem with very prompt action and I got the feeling this company genuinely wants to… Read Full Review

“Don't believe those negative reviews”

Written on: 30/09/2012 by gj_uk (1 review written)

I have used 1&1 for over ten years. And whilst I would agree that sometimes the customer service can be slower than smaller web hosting firms, they are helpful. Many of the negative reviews say things like they could not cancel or that they were billed for unwanted services or could not move their domains or some such. All this reveals is that those people probably did not use the proper cancellation method of 1&1 and the account management tools. Now, I admit that the way 1&1 does it is… Read Full Review

Skip22's Response to gj_uk's Review

Written on: 31/10/2012

Nope. I contacted 1and1 and told them I don't need their service as the account was created by a company secretary without my consent. I offered to pay the initial cost for their admin time etc provided my account be cancelled and no further billing occur. Well now they are hounding me for more money and I am not going to pay. They agreed with me that they would cancel and I wouldn't be billed. I haven't even once used their service. Terrible company with no scruples who believe they can bully people into paying them money they don't deserve

Gj_Uk's reply to Skip22's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2012

Have you used the official cancellation process? If you log in at: http://contract.1and1.co.uk/ you can cancel the account and stop payments easily.

“No one goes online to write a good review”

Written on: 26/04/2012

1 in 100 customers at a business may have a bad experience. The 99 happy customers do not go online to write about it however the 1 upset customer will. Larger businesses will certainly have more complaints due to sheer volume. People who utilize logic understand this simplicity… Read Full Review

Dangermish's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2012

If that is the case then please explain the reviews for 5quidhost... 4.8/5 stars and 559 reviewers. May I suggest that your logic is somewhat flawed and you are perhaps in the lucky 1% of happy one&one customers.

Spikeyboy's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2012

Clearly a 1 and 1 employee.. they are dreadful and Dangermish is correct 5 quid host is where it's at..

Robecox's Comment

Written on: 30/06/2012

Oh yes they do try comparing these people with Squidhost and your see the difference

Jasnw's Comment

Written on: 06/06/2012

Nonsense. Explain other 5* reviews then. 1and1 are incredibly dodgy. Your 4 star rating is either fraudulent, short-sighted or insane.

Owen34's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2012

not long ago when googling 1and1 the top results were complaint pages for there site, no big surprise 1and1 business model is just to rip money out of there customers no mater how they get it, 1and1 are not focused on actual webhosting, just scamming people.

They employ SEO companies to boost there domains to keep 1and domain above the complaint articles in google search, i would think most of the good reviews are being paid for by 1and one.

I am currently doing some SEO work on negative 1and1 internet review articles and will continue until there page 1 on google as they should be ;)

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2012

Perhaps because this company is TRULY bad?
Sometimes you just have to face the facts.

Messed me around something beyond a joke, and not only me, others that I know.

A truly awful experience from me. And if people go online only to write bead reviews - HOW COME SO MANY COMPANIES HAVE GOOD REVIEWS????

How comes good reviews even exist? Because people are happy.

“In general 1and1 UK is terrible. Long times waiting...”

Written on: 08/09/2009

In general 1and1 UK is terrible. Long times waiting for them to answer the phone etc. I would suggest going with 1and1.com and using all there American services as they are top quality and ultra fast (support wise).

I have had brilliant up time with 1and1 and my domain transfers are a breeze.

Like: Good pricing and website layout and ease of use

Dislike: UK support… Read Full Review

“Being an online company in such acompetitive market,...”

Written on: 13/05/2009 by kayna (1 review written)

Being an online company in such acompetitive market, 1and1 is very good value of money.
As far as customer serivce is concerned, my experience is quite pleasant. I was quite unhappy but it turned out to be my own mistake and the agent I was through to, had a professional command on the system and fixed my problem there and then.

Yes there are problem which you cant have the solutions there and then and you have to wait for it but then I can understand it involves company policies as well.

I… Read Full Review

Luisiher's Response to kayna's Review

Written on: 18/06/2009

Just wait for the billing issues. that is the worse.

“We have used 1&1 Hosting for three years now, after...”

Written on: 16/04/2009

We have used 1&1 Hosting for three years now, after really bad experiences with several other hosting companies. We have 63 domains hosted with them and have not had an issue to date. It's all too easy to come on a review site like this and blame others for your own technical short commings. OK support is not good, but show me a hosting company with good support. Communication is very poor but you get what you pay for… Read Full Review

“I don't know why 1and1 get such bad press I have a...”

Written on: 16/12/2008 by alibroon (1 review written)

I don't know why 1and1 get such bad press I have a business account with them and I have to say they have been exceptional compared to previous hosting companies. And they do have mySQL5 when you set up your databases they offer you the choice of 4 or 5. I recommend them… Read Full Review

“I've been on the 1and1 business hosting package for...”

Written on: 05/11/2008 by FredS17 (1 review written)

I've been on the 1and1 business hosting package for nearly three years now, and in general I have been very happy with it - it basically does what it says it does… Read Full Review

“Server uptime”

Written on: 14/07/2008

Server uptime
Pricing
Hosting packages

Have 6 domains with these and cant really fault the uptime / pricing / flexibility so far. Well recommend 1and1.co.uk… Read Full Review