1and1 www.1and1.co.uk Reviews

Media Gallery for 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Didn't take up their deal”

Written on: 16/08/2012 by OcUKGilly (1 review written)

Took out a trial period with 1&1 so I could set a private website up for a club my Dad is a member of. The club then decided they didn't really want a website so I cancelled whilst in the trial period. Took one phone call, got through to a very polite American male, spent 1 or 2 minutes on hold after telling him I wanted to cancel and he carried out the cancellation there and then. He said I'd get an email confirming cancellation, it arrived 30 seconds later. All in all they did exactly what… Read Full Review

“I've been with 1and1 for ages - I'd guess about 6...”

Written on: 23/01/2008 by IainPurdie (2 reviews written)

I've been with 1and1 for ages - I'd guess about 6 years or more - for my personal domains and I've never had any major problems. Recently a tiny server hiccup that lasted for all of five minutes and hasn't been repeated.

My current problem - the one which brought me here to look for another host - is that I'm working in France and wish to set up a web presence and email for my employer. We're a holiday company and all our staff are British or English-speaking so we need an English interface… Read Full Review

Andy Wade's Response to IainPurdie's Review

Written on: 28/02/2008

I agree with this review because... I am facing the same problem as Ian with 1&1 UK & France.
<br/>Would be very interested in which host he found to over come the problem.

Iainpurdie's Response to IainPurdie's Review

Written on: 04/03/2008

I was the same as you - I just found one that ticked the boxes I was after and went for it. There are so many options out there you can't keep on looking or you'd never get round to building the site!<br/><br/>Best of luck with the B'n'B thing!

Andy Wade's Response to IainPurdie's Review

Written on: 04/03/2008

Hi Ian
<br/>Thanks for posting your reply. I did look at Heart and many, many others including Lycos and Microsoft Office Live who offer free hosting & domain name plus many other microsoft features. In the end I got fed up studying all of the different deals & went with American company Innter.net via them I brought a .fr and.com plus their hosting package for 35euros. Time will tell if I made the right choice to host my B&B website with them.
<br/>Andy

Iainpurdie's Response to IainPurdie's Review

Written on: 03/03/2008

Andy - we ended up going with www.heartinternet.co.uk. A little more expensive, but *very* fast online support and happy to take any credit card regardless of where it's based. They don't/cant sell ".fr" domains, but do sell ".eu" ones.<br/><br/>The only major issue we have is the lack of "out of office" facility on their otherwise excellent webmail.<br/><br/>The way they handle multiple domains on the same account is different to 1&1 and does work out quite a bit more pricey. However, in the grand scheme it's still not a lot of cash and if it's for a company (as opposed to a private user) then it's definitely worth the extra for the reduction in hassle.