thinkmoney Personal Account Reviews - www.thinkmoney.co.uk

• Ease of use

Summary

"thinkmoney Personal Account

If you thought all accounts were the same, think again. Anyone can apply - no credit check required. A thinkmoney Personal Account delivers three things: transparency, personal service and peace of mind.

• Transparency. With no hidden fees, you'll always know exactly what you're paying per month. No nasty surprises, no sudden charges.
  • Personal service. We're committed to delivering a personal service. It's why we make sure your essential costs are covered first. It's why we provide so many different ways to manage your account, so you can use it the way you want to.
  • Peace of mind. With a new account from thinkmoney, you'll know you're taking care of your regular financial commitments. You'll know our experts are looking out for you, ready to warn you if they see any potential problems ahead. It's a very different kind of account. We’re a very different kind of company."
thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk

thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk
thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk

“Worse Bank Ever”

Written on: 29/08/2014 by McBride210 (1 review written)

Absolutely useless as a so called Bank (which they are not) as they state when you question their practices. They charge you a monthly Fee for having the joy of your Money and do absolutely nothing for that Fee. Phonecalls to them are always at a cost to your pocket and is always a 15 minute wait or more before actually speaking to someone, then get put on hold for a further 20 mins until they finally ask you "Would you like me to call you Back" problems can be and usually are resolved with… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/08/2014

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve struggled contacting us on the phone. Recently we have been dealing with unexpectedly high numbers of calls – we are busy adding new staff members to our team to restore our service to a level that you (and we) are happy with.

To make life easier in the meantime here are some other suggestions for getting in touch. If you call outside peaks hours you should find that your call is answered very quickly. Our quieter periods are weekdays after 10am and before 5pm and on Saturday afternoons.

There are also alternatives to calling that you may find helpful. These include texting us with any changes you need to make to your account. We also offer email, Twitter and Facebook communication (during the working day). You can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone. If you’re not registered for Online Account Management then our website has helpful videos showing you how to register.

We also offer a range of text services including balances, mini statements and TEXT CHANGE (which allows you to tell us about changes on your account and request call backs). Finally we offer balances and some other services via our automated phone system.

I am sorry that you were unhappy about how we have approached you regarding credit. Credit acceptance is subject to a full assessment of affordability based on the most recent information we have on your account. We are committed to responsible lending and therefore credit may not always be available although previously offered. You can find details of our approach to responsible lending on our website.

Regarding complaints – We do take every complaint seriously and aim to resolve them within a realistic time frame. I’m sorry if our communication has not been up to scratch in this instance and would urge you to get in contact with us so we can look into this further for you. You can send us a private message via our Facebook page or our twitter feed with your reference and we'll pick this up for you.

“Think Banking with a sting in its tail ”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by Willbabe21 (2 reviews written)

We'll Iv been a customer of think banking for 5years now and Iv not had many problems until now and this is where it went wrong I had a personal loan of them 12 months ago for £1200 to which they contacted me and offered to which I used to buy a new car with. So since then Iv kept up with the payments and never not paid I actually made my last payment this month (August) so I though mmm now Iv paid all there money back I'll ask if I allowed to reapply again to which I did I went through the… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/08/2014

Dear Willbabe21

I’m sorry that your recent experience with thinkmoney has tarnished your view and made you feel that you need to leave thinkmoney.
As we are committed to responsible lending, we complete a new assessment upon each application for credit. This is completed at the point of application, using the most up to date information about you and your account. We obviously want to ensure that any lending is affordable for you to repay and because the usage of your account can change over time this may mean that although you are accepted for a credit facility at one time you may be rejected on a future occasion. Please accept our apologies as it’s clear we didn’t communicate this clearly to you. You can find details of our approach to responsible lending on our website.

I’m sorry that the manner in which you we’re informed of the decision seemed impersonal and this is something we’ll be looking into going forward.

Regards

“CANT ACCESS MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT??????”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by 260Peacock (1 review written)

When I first joined Think money I thought they were really good - since day 1 I explained that I get a weekly amount paid into my account and once a month I got a bonus amount paid in which varied in its amount - NO PROBLEM initially - HOWEVER recently they have started to do something really frustrating and Im pretty sure must be breaking some sort of banking conduct? When my monthly bonus goes in I get a text saying they have received it but then they hold on to it and won't let me access… Read Full Review

Dear 260Peacock,

I am sorry that you’ve had this problem. It is certainly true that on some large deposits into thinkmoney Personal Accounts we have to do additional security checks which can delay the releasing of funds. However, I wouldn’t usually expect this to be an issue on regular bonus deposits if they are from your main employer. I would like to investigate this for you further and try and resolve it – please email me your thinkmoney reference via our Facebook page – you can find our Facebook address on the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website,

You can close you thinkmoney Personal Account at any time without penalty. I think the confusion here may be that if there are payments waiting to clear in (or out) of your account they will need to do so before we can shut it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Logbo1's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

I just do not understand why such company is allowed to run with so many complains. It's time to contact BBC or financial ombudsman.

Logbo1's Comment

Written on: 22/08/2014

Same thing happened to me today! poor ethic and very poor customer service. I would not recommend this service at all.

“Opening Times”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by dee2308 (1 review written)

Iv been with think money for a few years now and still feel the closing times need to be extended not necessarily 24hr but as most people work later now that closing time should be around 10pm-11pm. Like today i had money in my salaries account that should have been put back on to card get home from work at 7pm and guess what not put back on as it a Friday cant get hold of them as closed!! Now left with no cash and cant pay the rent which means now in going to have to make late payment… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/08/2014

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. We do keep the opening times of our phone lines under review. As you know at present they are 8am – 8pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6:30pm on Friday and 8am to 4:30pm on Saturday. We do appreciate that some customers want to make transactions outside those hours – although a great many of these can be done online via our Online Account Management service.

If you want to avoid calling us altogether then you can contact us via email, Twitter and Facebook and we will call you back. You can also make changes on your account by text during working hours – just text CHANGE “Please transfer £ to my card account” and we will action it for you.

We hope this helps your experience of using thinkmoney going forward.

“made 1 transaction on the internet then barred the card ”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by Brooksfv78 (1 review written)

Wow .. I made 1 transaction on the internet and they barred my account .. then to get the bar lifted I have to ring the customer service number. Now not only do you have to pay for the phone call but I was on hold for a total of 40 mins . Now this is not acceptable and especially not when they are charging you to call it. So the outcome is they bar your card for no reason so you have to call and then charge you a fortune to call them. so they make money of you for no reason at all and for doing… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/08/2014

Hi,

We are sorry you are unhappy with your account.

We take the security of your account seriously and would only block a card if we had good reason to, this would usually happen if we needed to confirm that transactions were being made by the account holder.

We understand that call costs can mount up and are working hard to reduce call wait times, typically our busiest time of day would be 8-10am Monday to Saturday and 5-7pm Monday to Friday. We do offer a number of different ways to manage your account and get in touch with us, you can manage and track your account via Online Account Management, use our text change service, email us, or contact us via Facebook or Twitter.

It is sometimes necessary to transfer money from your card account to salaries account to ensure your bills are paid are on time, this often happens if a bill is claimed for on a different due date or for a larger amount than is being budgeted for. Likewise if a bill is less than we are budgeting for we will transfer the surplus to your card account. Providing we have a registered mobile number on your account we will always text you to confirm if we have had to move funds.

If you would like to get in touch with us we will be able to confirm why your card was blocked, ensure we have the most up-to-date information for any bills you have and check your account is running smoothly.

I hope this helps.

“Shocking services”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by Angryteddy12 (1 review written)

I have been with think money for over a year now have had a loan with then for a year never missed a payment even rang them up asked if I settled the loan could I get a new one they wouldn't commit but said it shouldn't be a problem I explained to them that if I paid it off early it would be taking everything I have left for the month they again said it should be fine I paid the loan up only to be told I have to reapply for a loan this I did every thing was going well e signed everything sent… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/07/2014

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to look into this in more detail for you so please do email me via the email address listed in the Contact Us section of the thinkmoney website so we can investigate the advice you were given.

We are committed to responsible lending. In practice what this means is the each time a client applies to borrow money we will do a review of their circumstances to ensure that the loan is affordable. The applications do take into consideration the patterns of usage of your account, which we appreciate can change over time. Unfortunately this can mean that although you are accepted for a credit facility or loan at one time you may be rejected on a future occasion. We apologise if this was not explained clearly to you. You can find details of our approach to responsible lending on our website.

Willbabe's Response to Angryteddy12's Review

Written on: 19/08/2014

Hi I had the same issue Iv been with think banking for 5years and last year I got a loan from them I paid my loan on time and made the last payment last week I asked if I could reapply again and they yes so I did application and they did a credit check then the guy said over the phone yes your loan has been approved in principle so i got the email of e-sign and agreed to it sent it back then I got my contracts on a second email and that they are at the final stage of my loan application so I thought this is good and I reserved a car I was gonna buy. Then on Monday afternoon I got a email from think banking saying thank you for your application for your loan unfortunately your application is declined due to internal credit check fail. So I rang think banking up and the girl said it was down to your internal credit score we use and didn't match are criteria needed but we will phone you if it changes in the future . But she said as a plus customer you are entitled to the £200 credit line you have for 30 days . So my answer was no thankyou . But my question is why was it 1 year ago I was good enough for there personal loan and now all of a sudden I'm not good enough for them ? What's changed. I know one thing after 5 years I'm gonna say good bye to think banking and under the 7 day switch service I'm moving to Barclays Bank instead so stuff you think banking for broken promise it can not keep . Iv had to cancel the car I had reserved and keep going with what I have .

“Terrible Service - There is a limit to how many purchases”

Written on: 28/07/2014 by Darkwii (1 review written)

I have had one of these accounts for a few months now. Please, if you're thinking of opening one...then don't. I had some experiences this weekend of paypal transactions being refused by my 'card issuer' even though there is plenty of money in my account to pay for them. So assuming it is the bank doing a 'usual spending pattern' automated security check I waited until after the weekend to ring them up. Really unhelpful and all they could tell me was that because I had exceeded my 'allowed'… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Dear Darkwii,

I’m sorry that this experience has tainted your view of your Personal Account. Unfortunately our security system does look for any ‘unusual’ account activity. A large number of relatively small transactions in a short period of time can be an indication that an account has been compromised and as a precaution the system does block further transaction to give us time to investigate. Ultimately this is for your protection.

We do appreciate that in this case the purchases were nothing untoward and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Accounts will usually re-set overnight and as you say cash withdrawals are still available during this time. We are always looking at ways in which we can improve our customer experience and have taken your feedback on board.

We value your custom and hope that you decide to remain with us.

Darkwii's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

Firstly, your call centre told me it was a 'transaction limit'...not suspicious activity.

Plus that isn't what every other bank do though... they don't block your card and then tell you 'tough... it'lll work again in a couple of days'

They block it until you ring them... then they unblock it immediately. Like I say in my review, I've worked at manager level in several banks..at head office. I know what other banks do, so why aren't you? Your parent company RBS has the capability to do unlock a card immediately so it's nothing to do with the IT systems not having that capability - it's a business decision, and one for the life of me I can't work out why you'd have a limit of how many transactions (not suspicious ones...that's not what I was told had triggered it, just the amount of them)

After I wrote this yesterday I went to the Citizen's Advice Bureau to speak to someone I know there about this. They've never heard of a 'transaction limit' on an account that can't simply be taken off either. They're going to write to your Chief Exec for some clarification because they have lots of clients who by the very nature of their circumstances are making lots and lots of small amount payments to different people that could trigger the same events.

Darkwii's Response to Darkwii's Review

Written on: 29/07/2014

Also,

"One way that you can avoid this issue when using PayPal is to make a single transfer to pre-load your PayPal account then use that to make the multiple smaller transactions."

Do you shop like that? Make a guess as to how many things and for what value you're going to spend and then put that money into someone else's hands until you decide you've seen something?

No... didn't think so, and neither does anyone else.

I did transfer enough money over to paypal in one go yesterday to pay for everything - but hey guess what? Yup... a day later and they still haven't arrived at paypal. Your literature says that when someone with one of your accounts wants to pay a bill, it will 'usually' be with the other person the next day.

So your answer to all this is to put money directly to paypal....... but even that takes OVER A DAY to do with your bank.

Seriously, to anyone at all reading reviews before choosing an account... .don't choose this one.

“HERENDOUS BANKING ETHICS”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by dcw27021962 (1 review written)

I received a phone call from Think Money stating that I was entitled to upgrade to a Premier Account after only 3 months of opening this account, with a credit facility. Well I got the upgrade and got a credit facility of 200.00, the credit was paid back on time from my wages, a month later I applied for a personal loan of 1200.00, into which I could afford the monthly repayments over 12 months. Even though I work full time and my wages go straight into my account, they claim that I could not… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Hi,
I am sorry that this is your experience of us.

Because we're committed to responsible lending, we assess each application for credit on an individual basis, at the point of application, using the most up to date information about you and your account. Our key concern is that any lending should be affordable for you to repay. Because the patterns of usage of your account can change over time this can mean you are accepted for a credit facility at one time and then rejected on a future occasion. We clearly didn’t communicate clearly enough on this and I apologise for that. You can find details of our approach to responsible lending on our website.

We do appreciate that circumstances do change, but without knowing your full details I am unable to comment as to why your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.

Regarding your complaint, I’m sorry that this has now gone beyond the eight week period. Obviously this is not the norm and something that we need to address. You can find contact details via the contact us section on our website and I’d appreciate it if you could send me an email with your account reference details so I can investigate this further for you.

As for the request for proof of address, we have a responsibility as a business to ensure that we verify the identity of our customers, this is one of our regulatory requirements relating to record keeping. We’re sorry if there is an inconvenience with providing documents. To assist our customers with this process we are providing pre-paid envelopes for documentation to be returned and Special Delivery envelopes will be provided for high value documentation.

“hidden downsides”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by graham1808 (1 review written)

Wages take till a minimum of 8 am to go into your account when my old bank was done by 2.30 . Long wait times on premium number. No 24 hour "money managers" . No atm balance . Card not accepted on many types of machine makes it pointless if you can't use it like a standard card . Price is more then Lloyd tsb account which has very similar bonuses for instance . Phone lines not open till 8am . Staff are always friendly although I would defiantly close my account but due to me getting payments… Read Full Review

Hi,

We're sorry to hear that your experience has left you considering a change of account provider.

There are a few points that I'd like to address. Our overnight processing usually completes around 7am which is when the funds are in your account. We then send text messages out to customers, usually between 7am and 8am, to let them know that the money has been credited, how much has been held for bills and how much has been transferred to you card.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve struggled contacting us on the phone. In recent weeks we have been dealing with unexpectedly high numbers of calls. We are busy adding new staff members to our team to restore our service to a level that you (and we) are happy with. To help customers avoid call charges and holding, we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us, even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call).

As you rightly say our telephone service isn’t open 24/7. However there are other ways of running your account including our Online Account Management service which enables you to complete a large number of functions yourself.

You can also access your account, including getting your balance whenever you need it (without needing to visit an ATM), via your mobile 24/7. Simply text 'BAL' to receive the latest balance on your card account.

thinkmoney’s prepaid debit MasterCard is accepted at ATMs in the UK and abroad that display the MasterCard acceptance symbol. There are some machines that don’t accept MasterCard – notably Co-op ATMS.

Graham1808's Response to graham1808's Review

Written on: 13/06/2014

And there is no mobile app very behind the times considering you pay for the account

Written on: 13/06/2014

An app is something that we are working on as a lot of customers do ask about it. We want to ensure that we get it right though so there's no launch date at the moment. However our website is mobile optimised allowing you to complete a large number of actions via your mobile or tablet.

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Great customer service”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by brype19 (12 reviews written)

I had money taken out of my account by some Crooks I called think money yesterday02.06.14 and spoke to a very help full assistant so said they would look into it and today 03.06.14 the money was returned to my card great service 5 stars… Read Full Review

“"Probably the worst bank account in the world" ”

Written on: 31/05/2014 by Shiloh33 (1 review written)

I will try to be objective, but trust me, its impossible with the Krusty School of Clowns, alias Stink Money. I have been with them a few years, not by choice, and I have to say the service has gone down faster than George Michael at Clapham Common. Firstly the card is a pre-paid Mastercard - unfortunately its not accepted at many outlets, try booking flights online. When quizzed about this SM's response was for me to call the flight company and ask them to accept the card. What? When using… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/06/2014

Hi,

We are extremely disappointed to read your feedback. We appreciate that you appear to have had a number of problems on your account - for which I apologise. Your experience doesn’t tally with the what we hear from the majority of our customers.

We believe that we have identified you from an email you sent to us today. We have tried to contact and we will do what we can to resolve this for you and complete your account closure and transfer.

Thank you.

Gentlegiant33's Comment

Written on: 10/06/2014

Account still open despite asking for its closure 4 times, you are still accepting and paying despite being not to do so, I feel the easiest way to close an account with yourselves is to die!!
Answer me these - how much do you get for the phone calls per minute?
the card itself - when a purchase is made, does the retailer get paid immediately or 30 days later like a credit card?
Dont expect any answers , like I said stock rubbish responses are your norm.
Quite frankly shocking.

“Absolutely Appalling”

Written on: 11/05/2014 by Disgusted58 (1 review written)

Have been with Think Money for the past year, (despite being told not to go near them) and at first everything seemed fine, but recently came into some money which was payed into my Salaries account, and that is were it has remained. I have contacted one of the so called money managers every day for the past week and the only thing I have achieved is a high phone bill. Two days after the money went into my Salaries account, my internet banking and text messaging services suddenly stopped and my… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/05/2014

I am sorry you're experiencing problems with your account.

Please get in touch with us so we can look into this for you.

Disgusted58's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2014

I have contacted you every day for the past week. Would you like to explain to me were my £16,000.00 pounds has disappeared too? What makes you think you will suddenly have an answer because I have posted on here. My service provider for my telephone was declined payment today??? I have now reported this to the police and the Financial Ombudsman quoting the crime reference number as police have logged this. Sorry but you have really messed with the wrong person if you think you can cheat me out of my money like you have with many other people...not only on this website but on others too.

Disgusted58's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2014

It is now the end of another month and still no online banking, no text messaging service and no access to my account. This is simply not good enough, I am totally disgusted with your service and have now reported this the the necessary bodies including my solicitor to take further action. You have £16,000.00 of my money and I want it back. I also now have a £103.00 phone bill which has been accrued from the numerous times I have called you over the past month. Will you be paying that.? So please dont put comments to be about getting in touch with you. If I had my way you would be closed down. I have read so many other reviews on here where the same thing has happened to other people when they have had large amounts of monies go into their account. Call yourselves a bank? ha ha. You have know made your interest on MY money. I will see you in court.

Disgusted58's Response to Disgusted58's Review

Written on: 12/05/2014

Just a quick update to say I contacted a money manager again this morning and after being told it is still an IT error that I can not log onto my online banking or telephone banking or text service I asked to speak to a manager, after waiting half an hour, i was eventually connected to someone who called themselves a manager and miraculously they managed to be able to access my account (something they have not been able to achieve for over a week) Acting dumb I asked them what money was due in my account this week (as if I was not keeping a close eye on it) and again I was given the correct amounts, I then asked if it was possible for them to give me a balance on both my accounts and was told that my salaries account was 0.00 and my card account was just £2.00. I then asked what had happened to the £16,000.00 that had been paid in two days before my services went off, to which i received no answer, I then asked for them to send me a copy of my statement...again no answer, I was then asked would I mind if they put me on hold while they looked into this. Another 15 minutes passed....nothing....after almost 20 minutes I was told that someone would get back to me with some answers...that was 8am this morning ....its now 3.41 and again nothing. I think its about time the FSA were involved in this, I am ill with worry my phone bill was due to be paid today but my service provider has contacted me to say my payment has been declined....if anyone else on here has had a similar problem and managed to get it sorted I would love to hear how because right now I feel Im banging my head against the proverbial brick wall. I need this money, its not like its a couple of pounds. I have all the necessary proof needed of it going into the account. If think money think for one minute they can mess around with me then they have picked on the wrong person. You want to take my money...then I will see you in court!!!!

Disgusted58's reply to Disgusted58's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2014

Another week and still no response...that says it all

Tcb1979's reply to Disgusted58's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2014

I have had exactly the same experience. I received 5000 into my salaries account which think money confirmed by text message. I then had a call from them asking questions re the source of the funds which I answered. I was told the money would be made available on my salaries account by the end of the day. This morning my online banking was unavailable as was my text banking. I have spoken to think money 10 times today. They tell me they cannot give me a time frame when I can access my money. I have spoken to the FCA who have said what think money are doing is not legal and against their code of conduct. The money does not belong to think money and they simply cannot hold onto it with no explanation. I will be contacting the police.

“Promise so much yet deliver so little”

Written on: 06/05/2014

One or two issues brought on as a result of misguided advice which I foolishly took a few years ago has left me with poor credit leading me to open a Thinkmoney account. Now I wish I never had to. Long wait times on a hugely expensive premium rate numbers(welcome to £30/month phone bills, up from £14) plus an £15/month management fee are tolerable if the banking services are provided in line with industry standards. Unfortunately, the "bank" doesn't seem to appreciate the importance of… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/05/2014

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced long wait times when trying to contact us. To help customers avoid charges when calling us we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone.

I’m also concerned by your comments surrounding missed payments. If the budgeting on your account is set up correctly then you shouldn’t miss a bill payment. We’d like to see exactly what has happened here and ensure that you don’t encounter this again. Please email us your reference details to us and we can arrange a convenient time to call you.

“Chavvy Card”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by Thorpe16 (1 review written)

I've been with TM now for 2 years and always been happy with service etc., recently the wait times on the phone have been unacceptable. However, my main gripe is the card - my original card was a nice black one that actually looked like an M&S card - unfortunately it was cloned and therefore I had to change it - a chavvy bordering on offensive yellow card turned up that just looks cheap and nasty. I've asked for it to be changed and apparently yellow is the current colour. Please reconsider -… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/05/2014

Dear Thorpe16,

Thank you for your feedback.

We agree that of late call wait times have crept up and are not of the standard that you, and we, would expect. We’re working hard to reduce call wait times as we know this is vital for customers. We’re busy adding new staff members to our team to ensure that we can offer a service level that you (and we) are happy with. Generally you should be able to get through very quickly outside peak hours – our quieter periods are weekdays after 10am and before 5pm and on Saturday afternoons. To make life easier for customers we do offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. As you rightly say this includes Twitter and Facebook communication (during the working day). You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone.

We took the decision to produce a brighter card after conducting market research amongst our customers. I am sorry that it isn’t to your taste.

“Bad customer infomation”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by qoDonnelly99 (1 review written)

Awful customer services not very customer friendly huge waits on call times to get through to uneducated staff members who give customers false and incorrect information on to many times the complaints team are impossible to get through too and they close complaints with put even speak to the customer what do I pay the account fee for I know awful customer service… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/04/2014

I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced prolonged wait times on the phone. Recently we have been dealing with unexpectedly high numbers of calls – we are busy adding new staff members to our team to restore our service to a level that you (and we) are happy with. To help customers we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone.

I’m also concerned by your comments surrounding the information you’ve been given and the way in which you perceive our complaints procedure. Clearly this is something we’d like to discuss further and address all the issues raised surrounding your thinkmoney account. If you’d like to email us and we can arrange a convenient time to call you.

“Excellent monthly money management, but expensive fee”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by Katrinab224 (1 review written)

I couldn't do without my thinkmoney bank account - it's everything I need: they sort-of split your account into 2 separate parts in order that money for your bills is set aside and money available to spend is available via the usual bank card. This is vital to me to ensure my bills get paid when they're meant to! I hate managing money, so this is something that I welcome being done for me. I find the majority of the staff very helpful and friendly, and the texting service is excellent. The… Read Full Review

“awful everything”

Written on: 19/04/2014 by paulRayne (1 review written)

where do i start with think banking... the call waiting is awful and expensive(i tweet them now and wait for a call back)..my card works in very few places and in even fewer cashpoints,its a lottery whenever you walk in to a shop and as you can imagine doesn't fill you with much confidence when it comes to paying, i've changed my card 3 times to resolve the problem and have had to pay £5 today for a new one,which is terrible ..the £15 a month to run the account is far to much to pay for this… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/04/2014

Dear paulRayne,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you’ve had problems using your card. The thinkmoney Debit MasterCard is accepted in the vast majority of shops, online stores and at cashpoints that display the MasterCard logo. Of course there are a few exceptions – Co-op Bank cashpoints are not part of the MasterCard network for example. You might find our ATM finder tool useful.

We are working hard to reduce call wait times as we know this is vital for customers. We’re busy adding new staff members to our team to ensure that we can offer a service level that you (and we) are happy with. Generally you should be able to get through very quickly outside peak hours – our quieter periods are weekdays after 10am and before 5pm and on Saturday afternoons.

I’m also concerned that you don’t feel the account offers value for the monthly fee. Many customers tell us that they actually save money with their thinkmoney Personal Account because they aren’t being hit with unexpected bounced payment and overdraft charges. They also value the budgeting service, which is something that isn’t available anywhere else.

We understand that you have a number of concerns about your account. If you’d like to discuss them further please email us and I will arrange for a Money Manager to give you a call at a time that is convenient for you.

“data protection left with no money to feed my children”

Written on: 10/04/2014 by AliyaNorris (1 review written)

Firstly they declined my payments and money was on hold, which left me with no money for 5days and i was unable to feed my boys for 2 days because of it, i'm on prepayment meters and had no gas or electric for 1 day. then they send me post about my complaint to tell me it is taking them another 4 weeks to deal with, it was addressed to my husband who is not with this bank and never has been, and does not have a bank account, my husband is fuming, cost me over £20 in phone calls and still not… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

Hi,

We’re extremely sorry and concerned to hear that this has been your experience with thinkmoney.

We would like to investigate further and also speed up the response to your complaint - so we can put things right if we can. Our email address can be located on the 'Media Centre' section of our website. Please email us with your thinkmoney reference.

“Probably Ok until you want to switch account”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by JaronFlood43 (1 review written)

This lot obviously haven't signed up to the current account switch scheme and make the process excruciatingly painful (presumably in an attempt to keep your custom). Sadly for them I will continue the switch process and close the account ASAP. Very very underhanded, can't wait to be rid of them!… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/03/2014

We're sorry to hear that you are closing your thinkmoney Personal Account.

We aren’t currently part of the seven day switch scheme, although we do hope to join. In the meantime we are happy to provide you with a details of all your Standing Orders and Direct Debits to help you get set up with your new provider.

We wish you all the best with your new bank - if you require anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Gentlegiant33's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2014

what a load of rubbish. You dont even tell your name, usual TM stock answer. Why do you bother?
Having the same issues myself, obviously you completely ignored this complaint.

“Great bank! Could be better with mobile app”

Written on: 08/02/2014

I was wary about this bank because it wasn't a high street bank I thought things would work differently. The fact that at first you get asked for the exact amount your wages will be which I didn't really like and I initially felt very harassed by the 'money managers' as my first wages wasn't due for a whole month, they were almost hassling me for my own money asking me when it will be going on and sending me texts asking If i have forgotten about my account. But once my first wages had gone in… Read Full Review