thinkmoney Personal Account Reviews - www.thinkmoney.co.uk

08450568164
  • Ease of use

Summary

"thinkmoney Personal Account

If you thought all accounts were the same, think again. Anyone can apply - no credit check required. A thinkmoney Personal Account delivers three things: transparency, personal service and peace of mind.

• Transparency. With no hidden fees, you'll always know exactly what you're paying per month. No nasty surprises, no sudden charges.
  • Personal service. We're committed to delivering a personal service. It's why we make sure your essential costs are covered first. It's why we provide so many different ways to manage your account, so you can use it the way you want to.
  • Peace of mind. With a new account from thinkmoney, you'll know you're taking care of your regular financial commitments. You'll know our experts are looking out for you, ready to warn you if they see any potential problems ahead. It's a very different kind of account. We’re a very different kind of company."
thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk

thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk
thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk

“Can't Get My Money”

Written on: 25/03/2015 by henry2007 (1 review written)

I have been a customer of ThinkMoney for over a year now, have try to run the account as best as i can. I was giving a paying book by the think money for making deposit, so, On Monday I deposited £1000 cash with my paying book at Royal Bank of Scotand branch. I received a text of the cash deposit. And now, they are refusing to transfer the £1000 to my card account and they have also stop my telephone and online banking with no reason. I have been calling them still no tangible reason as per… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/03/2015

Dear henry2007

I am sorry to hear that this has been your recent experience with thinkmoney. Clearly this is something we’d like to look for you. Please contact us via the contact section here on Review Centre, we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Spencer

“Unable to log in online”

Written on: 20/03/2015 by Lexil195 (1 review written)

Been unable to log in online for past two weeks, unable to afford to wait on call for 30mins to talk to anyone, no message to say website is down, … Read Full Review

Written on: 20/03/2015

Hi,

I am sorry to read about your experience with your thinkmoney Personal Account.
Please could you contact us via the contact section here on Review Centre so we can look into this for you.
We do appreciate that our call wait times have recently been a lot longer than you and we are happy with. We are actively recruiting new Money Managers as well as investing in new technology and are already starting to see improvements.

Spencer

“Can't access my account after transfering a large some”

Written on: 11/03/2015 by clarkys (1 review written)

I have been with Think money for a number of years and they have provided excellent feedback, however yesterday i transfered some funds and suddenly i could not access my account and when i call i am informed it is being processed. I have spoken with FSA, Ombudsman and my solicitor and they will investigate the matter. They have taken £4,700 of me and left me with no answer to why this is happening, i would never recommend this bank to anyone now. I used tell anyone who asked for a… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/03/2015

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that this has been your recent experience with thinkmoney and would like to look into this for you.

Please can you contact us via the contact section here on Review Centre. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Steve

“Rubbish Customer Service ”

Written on: 05/03/2015 by vivar (1 review written)

I've been contacting the customer service through phone since 3 days and they Never answer the call… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/03/2015

Dear vivar,

I'm concerned by your comments that we are not answering calls. We appreciate that as of late our call wait times have been longer than both you and we are happy with. We are recruiting and training new staff in order to reduce waiting times for our customers and are already starting to see improvements.

As well as calling in you can also contact us via our text us service with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone. You can also message us via Twitter and Facebook (All details available on our website).

We'd like to look into your concerns further and ask you to contact us via the contact section here on Review Centre. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

“Think Money are RUBBISH.”

Written on: 01/03/2015 by Reganh77 (1 review written)

I have lost track of how many times i have tried to speak to a money manager recently regarding the Mastercard online Security set up,THE SAME OLD MESSAGE DUE HIGH LEVELS OF CALLS THE WAITING TIME IS 15 MINUTES, HOW DISGUSTING. The Mastercard online security keeps coming up with the same stupid response when i enter my security details,THESE DO NOT MATCH OUR RECORDS, and when i try to reset my password and it asks for my Date of Birth i get the same stupid message this does not match our… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/03/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback.

We do appreciate that of late call wait times have been longer than you, and we, would like. To help customers avoid charges when calling us we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone. We now also offer a non-premium rate number, which may be cheaper to call from a mobile or land line.

If you are continually experiencing issues with MasterCard then please contact us via the contact details on review Centre, so we can look into the cause and see how we can resolve this for you.

“WOW SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ”

Written on: 28/02/2015 by DANNY180809 (1 review written)

I opened my account with these guys last year even after reading the poor reviews.first 2 months were ok then, I was called to upgrade my account they advised that it don't cost anything extra etc etc etc and I get a £300 credit faculty. so I thought why not the credit came in handy on 2 occasions. this is were it went wrong and they showed there true colours. I repaid my credit twice both times early. After xmas I decided I wanted the credit facility cancelled as I did not want to get… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/03/2015

Dear Danny180809,

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate that you aren’t happy with your account – please get in touch with us directly so we can raise a complaint, investigate and respond to you formally.

We are disappointed to hear of your experiences – which are not shared by the majority of our customers (as seen in the reviews gathered via Feefo.com and displayed on their site and ours).

We’d like to discuss your comments and see how we can help improve the running of your account. We look forward to hearing from you.

“DONT TRUST THIS BANK”

Written on: 27/02/2015 by AdaPiper (1 review written)

Do not trust this bank they are like a corrupt insurance company … Read Full Review

Written on: 02/03/2015

Dear AdaPiper,

I'm concerned by your comments regarding our company and urge you to contact us, via the contact details here on Review Centre.

I can assure you that we are a fully regulated business and would like to see how we can help.

We look forward to hearing from you.

“Can't access my funds!!”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by sexilicious72 (1 review written)

10 days now not been able to access my account and they can't give me a time scale! They refuse to give me my funds in my account and im disabled sat in cold because my gas and electric have run out and ive not eaten for 4 days..I feel like killing myself no1 at thinkmoney will listen to me!! My benefits have been paid into my account and through no reason of my own I can't withdraw my money!!? Why is it taking so long and no1 telling me why this is happening!!!! I want my money!!!! … Read Full Review

Written on: 26/02/2015

Dear sexilicious72,

We’re extremely concerned to hear that this has been your experience with thinkmoney. We would like to raise your concerns so that we can investigate and respond to you personally and in more detail. To enable us to do that please get in touch via the contact section here on Review Centre with your thinkmoney reference number. Thank you.

“Why i dont have access to my account!!”

Written on: 16/02/2015 by cdre11 (1 review written)

Think money taking my peace! i put a £608 check on my account and they vanished my account somehow. i dont have internet access nor have access with master card. when i phone them they say someone is looking into it and its over two weeks now. making my life miserable. i rather not have a bank account rather going to bank with them. Its terrified!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/02/2015

Dear cdre11,
I am sorry to hear that you’ve had this experience with your account. We’d like to raise your concerns so that we can investigate and respond to you personally and in more detail. To enable us to do that please get in touch via the contact section here on Review Centre with your thinkmoney reference number. Thank you,

“Review of thinkmoney Personal Account”

Written on: 06/02/2015 by SyedAbbas (1 review written)

Me and a pal of mine opened up an account with them here are my complaints..by now i have had 7 people i know open accounts with them and i feel ashamed: 1) Hire more staff!!! waiting for minimum 15 minutes each time witht the same shoddy repsonse that ' you are experienceing a higner number of calls than normal' this excuse is wearing thin 2) My funds never reach my account for ages! 3) Out of 8 the customers i have put through to you, majority of us havent been able to access our account… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/02/2015

Dear Mr Abbas,

We are aware that you have raised your concerns surrounding your account.

These are being looked at by our customer relations team and they will respond to you directly.

Regards.

Leisha44's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2015

I would like to close my think money account rbs

“Great bank account”

Written on: 02/02/2015 by oxChilders429 (1 review written)

Love the account however the wait time to speak to someone is terrible I have now been on hold for 29 minutes which is unacceptable… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/02/2015

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted that you love the thinkmoney Personal Account.

We do appreciate that call wait times can be longer than you, and we, would like. To help address this we've been recruiting additional Money Managers and as a result we have seen a steady improvement in call wait times. As we continue to recruit new staff we also expect to see further improvements over the next few months.

We have also introduced a freephone customer service number which can be found on the 'Contact Us' section of our website.

To help customers avoid calling us we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also use our text service, for example, text CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone. Alternatively you can also contact us via the 'contact' section here on Review Centre.

I hope this helps you when contacting us going forward.

Best Regards

“Thinkmoney Avoid at all cost!!!!!”

Written on: 31/01/2015 by m3mbp1979 (1 review written)

Anyone who has any dealings with Thinkmoney is off their head!!!! I have banked with them for 2 years and today without any notice or reason they have notified me that they are closing my account in 7 days. I have had a regular salary going through every month without fail, which varies each month, and because of this i have to justify myself to them on a monthly basis as to why its differant. Thankfully not anymore as i will bank with a quality company like Barclays or Co-op Bank. I have been… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/02/2015

Dear M3mbp1979,

This does not sound like the usual experience our customers have when speaking to staff, as you can see from the reviews gathered here on Review Centre and also on our website.

We wish you all the best in finding an account provider that best suits your needs.

Stevemac1976's Response to m3mbp1979's Review

Written on: 17/02/2015

They were great a while ago but like all modern British companies they have turned into an incompetent mess, 45 minute delays in answering calls, frequent mistakes and account problems, utter rubbish avoid!!!

“Very Poor Phone Sevice”

Written on: 31/01/2015 by army1977 (1 review written)

On several occasions i have phoned think money only to be told my wait would be over 15 minutes, the wait is always over this time and most times don't even get through. Should there not be an e-mail account that you could send a message to? Not will to sign up to facebook or twitter… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/02/2015

Hi,

We do appreciate that on occasions call wait times can be longer than you, and we, would like. Recently we've been recruiting additional Money Managers and as a result we have seen a steady improvement in call wait times. As we continue to recruit new staff we also expect to see further improvements over the next few months.

We have also introduced a freephone customer service number.

To help customers avoid calling us we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone. Alternatively you can email us via the contact section here on Review Centre.

Steven

“Avoid - costly service for zero help!”

Written on: 11/01/2015 by nayth.ferris (2 reviews written)

Forget them. I used ThinkMoney for about 1 year. I thought it would help me grow up and keep control of my money - instead - I was just giving away £180 a year for terrible banking service. Depositing money: Sincere Pain! Living in a major city, there is 2 RBS branches I can use to deposit and collect money. Problem? To collect money you need to organize this and make sure you collect it when you say you do. They remove it from your balance before you have even collected the money as there… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/01/2015

Dear nayth.ferris,

Thank you for your feedback. We’d like to clarify a couple of issues that you raise.

thinkmoney customers can pay in at any RBS or NatWest branch – RBS has around 700 branches around the UK and there are a further 1,500 NatWest branches. You can also pay in cheques by posting them to us if that is easier. Customers can withdraw up to £450 per day at ATMs (900 for joint accounts).

We are happy to receive feedback – whether good or bad - via our Facebook page but we will delete comments that promote other bank accounts. We make this clear in the “House Rules” on our Facebook page.

We now have over 6,000 reviews from customers collected by Feefo and their experience is overwhelming good – we have a 93% positive score with many people praising the polite and helpful staff and how much the account helps them manage their money. Again you can see these reviews on our Facebook page or the Feefo or thinkmoney websites.

We are sorry that your thinkmoney account didn’t meet your needs and hope that you have now find a provider that does.

M3Mbp1979's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2015

Disgrace of a company AVOID AT ALL COSTS, I have had nothing but problems since i opened my account. Rude Staff on the phone who tell blatent lies and stutter their way through the phone scripts. Very un proffesional in every way. And its cost me £348 to find this out so dont make the same mistake that I have, and bank elsewhere!!!!!

“money saved”

Written on: 05/01/2015 by Blackburn60 (1 review written)

Think money is a different bank but slow on clearing cheques etc.i have previously got in a real mess with lloyds bank and massive charges for missed direct debits etc about £250 per month .the great thing about think is you get a flat fee of 14 quid and if you havent enough money to cover direct debits and standing orders they dont pay them but also do not fine you.when you have money they will make the payments.i'm self employed so my income is intermittant , this account is ideal and has… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/01/2015

Dear Blackburn60,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We're happy to hear that we've helped you save money and appreciate your feedback.

Best regards

“Worst Bank Ever”

Written on: 02/01/2015 by KeatonChristie463 (1 review written)

This bank treats you like children with happy and sad faces on their online system. They block your card for no reason, then you have to phone them to try and sort, you have to wait for ages until someone takes the call listening to really annoying music and repeated messages, I get even more stressed listening to this by the time I get a response I always end up shouting at them and hanging up, even though I always vow so stay calm before the call. … Read Full Review

Written on: 06/01/2015

Dear KeatonChristie463,

I am sorry that you’ve had trouble getting through to us. You can always ask us to call you back – either by texting us or by messaging us via Facebook or Twitter and we will call you at a time that suits you.

I concerned and sorry that you’ve found that you card hasn’t worked on occasion. There are a number of reasons why this may happen – for example if we believe that your card may have been compromised or is being used fraudulently, or if the incorrect PIN has been entered. Clearly we want our customers to be able to spend their money where and when they wish to, so we don’t block cards “for no reason”.

We’d like to raise your concerns as a formal complaint so that we can investigate and respond to you personally and in more detail. To enable us to do that please get in touch via the contact section here on Review Centre with your thinkmoney reference number.

“Blocked cards & wrong information”

Written on: 27/12/2014 by Catch5580 (1 review written)

After spending thousands on a once in a lifetime holiday back in August/September and telling Thinkmoney I was going abroad they blocked my card and left me without money. It wasn't just blocked once either. I lost deposits on excursions, over £80 in phone calls. The holiday cost, call costs and lost deposits have cost me well over £3000. What did Thinkmoney do offered me £40. What a joke. Ruined my holiday and lost me a fortune in the process. Subsequently I made a purchase which I never… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/01/2015

Dear Catch5580,

Thank you for your feedback. As you know we have a complaint investigation underway and we will respond to you directly in the next day or two. There has clearly been a breakdown in communication here as the timescale for chargebacks is always up to 45 days – but we do process the form on the day we get it back from you. We are acutely aware of your need to get the funds back into your account in time to meet your forthcoming bills – we will do what we can to speed the process but the timescales are not under our control.

We have already formally responded to your complaint about the problems you had using your card abroad. As you know the initial reason your card was blocked is that it was being used in a different country to the one that you told us you would be visiting. However, it was subsequently blocked in error and we have both paid you compensation for this and offered to refund your telephone costs.

“Blocked my card”

Written on: 16/12/2014 by Babydstubbs (1 review written)

Thinkmoney blocked my card for over spending all tho it's near Christmas and Iv been buying presents online Iv 3 young children 3 5 an 7 I done shopping online now Iv no food cos thinkmoney stopped my card now my shopping can't take there money and I can't go out as my youngest child is really ill I called thinkmoney and they wasn't any help at all they are happy to leave 3 kids with no food and no medicine for my child who is ill. I will be changeing banks first thing tomorrow and Iv also… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/12/2014

Dear Babydstubbs

We are sorry to read your review, we have tried to contact you to discuss this.

There are various security limits and safeguards in place to protect our customers’ accounts.

If there is an unusually large number of transactions in a short space of time this can trigger these limits.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

Sarah

“only fools and horses”

Written on: 07/12/2014 by Braelynr1980 (1 review written)

We find the think money account very stressfull trying to get through on the phone waiting for 20mins plus and as for their tex message service only thing its good for is knowing your balance plus being told by different members of staff we find the service very stressfull and will be seeking another form of banking… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/12/2014

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that call wait times have been too long recently. We been investing heavily in new staff and we are already seeing an improvement – we expect to restore the service to a level that you (and we) are happy with shortly.

I’m concerned by your comments surrounding the text service we provide. The text service is designed to allow you to manage your money whilst on the move. As well as retrieving Balances you can make amendments to your account, or request a call by texting us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). You can also request the last five transactions on either account, using TRANS or TRANC (up to 10 times a month).

To help you avoid the need to call in we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone. We now also offer an alternative phone number which may be cheaper to call from a mobile or land line (details can be found in the ‘Contact Us’ section of our web site).

I’m sorry to hear that you’re considering leaving us and would like to discuss the set up of your account to see how we can improve your experience. Please email us via the contact section on Review Centre and we can arrange this for you. Regards Steven Hewitt

“declined for credit facility”

Written on: 20/11/2014 by senator6973 (1 review written)

i am shocked by what think money have done to me a loyal customer for over 6 years, i usually borrow 100-200 a month because i have to find rent top up when it is due,they always get their money back when i say they will, they have left me distraught as my rent will now be late and my floorless payments will be scared, well all i can say is THANKS A LOT THINKMONEY!!!,I will be looking for another bank account… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/11/2014

Dear senator6973,

As you would expect, we're committed to responsible lending so we assess each application for credit on an individual basis, at the point of application, using the most up to date information about you and your account. Our key concern is that any lending should be affordable. The credit facility we offer is designed for unexpected expenses, such as car repairs, and should not be used for regular bills or living expenses. We do appreciate that circumstances do change, but without knowing your full details I am unable to comment as to why your application was unsuccessful on this occasion, however regular use for everyday expenses may be the reason. If you would like to see our full Code of Practice on lending then please send an email to us via the contact section here on Review Centre.

Gregor123's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 24/11/2014

do you have a number to complain to so that the poster can find out the reason?

Written on: 08/12/2014

Full details of our complaints procedure can be found on our website.

Nayth.ferris's Response to senator6973's Review

Written on: 11/01/2015

Wonga.com got done hugely for this. Repeat lending someone who is clearly in need of the money.
ThinkMoney in honesty have probably done the right thing by being responsible and stopping the credit facility.

I hate ThinkMoney but would agree with there action.
Youll find most banks wont even give you a payday loan. They are the plague and only destroy your credit rating -if you destroy it enough only ThinkMoney will give you a account.

Be careful, change dates things go out with suppliers/landlord. Most are happy.

Report this review Read 4 Comments Read Verified Business Response