thinkmoney Personal Account Reviews - www.thinkmoney.co.uk

Think Park, Mosley Road, Trafford Park, M17 1FQ
489
  • Ease of use

Summary

"thinkmoney Personal Account

If you thought all accounts were the same, think again. Anyone can apply - no credit check required. A thinkmoney Personal Account delivers three things: transparency, personal service and peace of mind.

• Transparency. With no hidden fees, you'll always know exactly what you're paying per month. No nasty surprises, no sudden charges.
  • Personal service. We're committed to delivering a personal service. It's why we make sure your essential costs are covered first. It's why we provide so many different ways to manage your account, so you can use it the way you want to.
  • Peace of mind. With a new account from thinkmoney, you'll know you're taking care of your regular financial commitments. You'll know our experts are looking out for you, ready to warn you if they see any potential problems ahead. It's a very different kind of account. We’re a very different kind of company."

Media Gallery for thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk

thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk
thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk

“Avoid like the plague”

Written on: 05/03/2017 by Davidson209 (1 review written)

DO NOT bank with these jokers. Its a minimum of 45-60 minutes to speak to someone. Usually they are snotty, impatient and dismissive. The salaries/card thing does not seem to work properly and money disappears without being able to resolve issues. Appointment with Virgin Money this week - finally I will be free of Think. In my opinion you are better keeping your money in a box under the bed, at least you can be your own money manager. AVOID If you've just signed up cancel it quick. There… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/03/2017

We are sorry that this is perception of thinkmoney. The thinkmoney Personal Account is a full service current account, with a unique budgeting service, an App, online and phone servicing and the ability to pay in and withdraw at over 11,000 Post Offices, as well as a debit card. Unlike many current accounts there are no overdraft charges, which is why we charge a fixed monthly management fee.

Whilst we are still aiming to improve the call wait times recently experienced we’ve made good progress this year and have seen our call handling times improve – in some weeks our average has been about five minutes, but we are still working to improve on this.

Should you wish to discuss your account further then please email us directly via the contact details here on Review Centre.

Regards

“Awful service with 25-45 minute call waiting times”

Written on: 24/02/2017 by 1971McKnight (1 review written)

Although I'm replying to what seems like a fairly old thread, I thought it was important to tell you about my experiences to hopefully persuade everyone NOT to go for a thinkmoney bank account. This is the worst bank account I've ever had. Whilst when we got it at first it was helpful when we had an IVA, since the company has moved to being an independent bank instead of being part of the RBS group as it was previously, there have just been too many mistakes and unacceptable issues… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/03/2017

Thank you for the feedback. Just to respond on a couple of the issues that you raise.

We are not and never have been part of RBS – we are an independent provider. We used to use the RBS / NatWest branch network to enable our customers to pay in money, but last year we switched to the Post Office. This was to increase convenience for customers - there are over 11,000 PO branches throughout the UK - more than all the banks added together.

I apologise for the problems you had with our online services. We did have some intermittent downtime and issues with certain transactions, but these have now been fixed.

I am also sorry to read that you had problems with your budgeting. As you say, the system should keep the money from your bills “ring fenced” from your spending money. Generally, the system does work well, I apologise that you had problems with yours.

The monthly fee for a joint account (with two debit cards) is £24:50, for a single account it is £17:50. There are no overdraft fees or charges, and no other charges for day to day use in the UK.

I am sorry to read that we have lost your custom.

“service ”

Written on: 17/01/2017 by Rebelheart (1 review written)

I have been a thinkmoney custmor for 12 years over all ive had a great experience they helped me get out of a mess I was in with dept and my finances and I could sleep at night .I have always found the staff helpful friendly and will always try to help .the fact think money hold your bills in a seperate acount and you know all your bills will be paid is great relief ! I read so many people bashing thinkmoney yes the last few months have been hard with long waiting times on phone ect but they… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/02/2017

We're pleased to hear that you have enjoyed such a positive experience with thinkmoney.

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback.

Regards

“Poor customer services and high charge for very little...”

Written on: 16/12/2016

They take between 10 and fifteen minutes to answer your call, even at off- peak times. I lodged a Euro cheque with them and was told it would takes two months to clear!!! What a joke. I am shutting the account post haste and have already opened an account with a proper high street bank. Think money also charge £17.50 per month and you get very little in return… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2017

I’m sorry that this has been your recent experience. On the 18th November, we made a significant upgrade to our IT systems. This change, which had been many months in the planning, allows us to offer a number of improved services, such as real time Faster Payments, paying in cheques and cash at the Post Office, and the ability for customers to transfer money to their cards using Online Account Management and via the App. Many customers are already taking advantage of these new facilities. Despite our best efforts, for a few days following the upgrade, we experienced intermittent downtime for both Online Account Management and the App. Over the period we offered extended opening hours in our call centre, added additional call centre staff, and introduced a temporary free phone number so that we could serve as many customers as possible.

We are pleased to say that our service is now getting back to where we want it to be – our call centre is once again able to answer calls extremely quickly and our Online and App are functioning well. We’ve had good feedback from customers about the improvements to our service – specifically real time Faster Payments and the new online “transfer to card” facility. We are sorry to be losing your custom but wish you all the best with your new account provider.

Regards

“Absolute disaster after upgrade, can't access online”

Written on: 30/11/2016 by Viviana131 (1 review written)

Been with TB 9 yrs now and no access to online account since 17nov! Taking over 1 hr to contact support team, even their complaints team is now unaccessible after I logged formal complaint. Next step is FSA. Was prev great with them, bills in one account, spare money in card acct; now all to pot. Am going to change account as soon as I get back from holiday. Thank heavens I don't use their travel card because I would definitely be screwed… Read Full Review

Regards

“useless is not strong enough”

Written on: 25/11/2016 by GianaPrater (1 review written)

avoid like the plague they are useless, no longer part of RBS and if you have any issues they wont resolve and charge you even more don't use… Read Full Review

“very poor service ”

Written on: 24/11/2016 by Kentvz79 (1 review written)

the account is handy to have but service is poor when you want to speak to anyone or change anything. They done a system update which cause a number of problems to be peoples account and had to wait over and hour to speak to people. its is part of RBS but nobody in any of branches will speak to you about your account. You cant get any information from any cash points with like mini statements… Read Full Review

“Disgraceful Service”

Written on: 22/11/2016 by Selfce1968 (1 review written)

I do not recommend Think Money at all , Waited 1 hour 12 mins to contact them ,I gave up in the end.I Couldn't contact them online as systems were down , my husband transferred myself money to my account so i could get myself to work , didn't show till 6 hours later , I lost half a days pay , I was fuming , they still manage to take 17.50 a month , without a problem. 17.50 a month will be spent elsewhere from now on… Read Full Review

Regards

“Do Anything You Can No To Bank With These People...”

Written on: 22/11/2016 by Raegant172 (1 review written)

The issues with this bank are endless. The concept itself is great, I am admittedly terrible at budgeting and so the idea that the bank holds back income to make sure that my bills are covered was an appealing one. The reality of the situation is that the bank seem to feel that their customers are all people with debt problems who are unable to go elsewhere and so treat them contempt. I think I've finally had enough and have opened another bank account with HSBC. The problems with Think Money… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/01/2017

Hi,

We are sorry that you feel this way.

As you rightly say the thinkmoney account is designed for people who aren’t great at budgeting. Whilst we did struggle with high call volumes, and as a result longer than acceptable call wait times, after our upgrade last year, we are now heading back to the service levels we aim to provide – where there is little or no wait to get through to us on the phone for the majority of the day.

It is very unusual for us to cancel a card – in most cases, in the event of our fraud prevention system detecting a suspicious transaction we will text you to ask you to text back to confirm that it is you that made it. New cards are generally received within about 5 days of being ordered. If you are registered for our PIN by text service you don’t need to wait to get your PIN in the post – we can text it to you.

Thank you for your custom.

“Leopard, and spots.........”

Written on: 22/11/2016 by Ruthu187 (1 review written)

Closed my account 2 years ago, but after reading the recent reviews I thought I would re-iterate. Same terrible customer service, same useless telephone waiting, same hot air. What's new? Never use this company, never. I feel very sorry for anybody who does. Don't even contemplate it… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/01/2017

Over the past two years, since you left thinkmoney, we have made significant investments to upgrade our systems. This allows us to offer a number of improved services, such as real time Faster Payments, paying in cheques and cash at the Post Office, and the ability for customers to transfer money to their cards using Online Account Management and via the App. That investment hasn’t come to an end – we have further service improvements planned for this year too.

We are working hard to provide our customers with the high level of service that they expect and deserve.

Regards

“Misleading and just rude staff”

Written on: 20/10/2016 by Roche440 (1 review written)

Think money are a joke they do not care about customers and seem to be happy about giving wrong information to customers. And they like to charge £17.50 a month to make you feel undervalued I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/10/2016

Hi,

Customer service is our main priority and I’d like to see how we can rectify any negative experience you’ve had.

Please contact us via the contact section here on Review Centre.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Steve - thinkmoney

“Worst ever service avoid!!!”

Written on: 13/10/2016 by Figueroa271 (1 review written)

Been great till last week and transfer come and goes as a negative you call and they say can happen can you show me. So send proof no replies and two days later still being told money being resolved… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/10/2016

Hi,

I'd like to look into this for you so we can clarify things and offer an update,

Please contact us via the contact section here on Review Centre, so we can speak with you directly.

Steven - thinkmoney

“Mickeymouse banking brought to you by muppets!”

Written on: 28/09/2016 by Johnboy024 (2 reviews written)

This is the 2nd time I have been with the bank and I am just about to leave them again. My concerns are over Faster Payments which should take no more than 2 hours. I tested this and first time 24 hrs, 2nd time 3.5 hours. I suspect they manually do these payments but the fail to say this and refuse to comment further. They also say that faster payments can be held up for "further checks" however I have already send payment to this particular account and all amounts under £100. Spent a lot of… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/10/2016

Hi,

I’m aware that you have closed your account and your concerns are being dealt with by the complaints team.

Saintcouture's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2016

Been messed around now two transfer being held one from me to me and now day two without the cash and being told we looking into it FTA need to revoke the licences or least raphel and sons who we spoke today who issue your card

Johnboy024's reply to Saintcouture's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2016

Best thing is to hound their twitter feed, they will block you but it does get to them. Also go on companies house get the directors names and ask to speak to them. This is not a bank it's full of idiots that don't have a banking licence and don't have a working faster payment service.

Johnboy024's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2016

My concerns are that you are puppets on a string

Saintcouture's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2016

Can you address my review as stink money got £412 of my cash!!

Written on: 13/10/2016

I'm sorry this has been your recent experience.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to provide any further information without knowing your details.

Please contact us directly, and securely, via the contact section here on Review Centre, so we can look into this for you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Steven - thinkmoney

Report this review Read 6 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Avoid unless you have no choice.”

Written on: 15/09/2016 by jbJensen477 (1 review written)

If you have read any of the previous reviews you will not be at all surprised to hear that you will wait ages to discuss what they have f**ked-up this time. 30 minute delays are the norm. Do they actually have any staff? Seems strange that huge banks with millions of customers, Barclays, Natwest for example, can answer within a few moments but a relatively small company (in comparison) can't. So where do I begin... I have cancelled a direct debit (with amount, date and Ref. number) only for… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/09/2016

Hi,

Sort it out, is exactly what we are aiming to do, and I’d like to address the points you’ve raised:

• Salary credits come into your account by 7:30 each morning
• We pay Standing Orders via BACS on the day they are due to be paid. We can’t control when the receiving bank credits them to customers’ account I am afraid
• Cheques take 8 working days to clear – this is for two reasons. Firstly, we must ensure it is fully cleared before we allow withdrawals against a cheque – because we don’t allow thinkmoney accounts to go overdrawn. Secondly we are not a clearing bank – so we have to allow extra time to get the cheque into and out of the clearing system.

I can only apologise if we cancelled the wrong Direct Debit for you. This clearly shouldn’t happen – if you’d like to get in touch via the contact details here on Review Centre, I will raise a complaint about this on your behalf.

Ronnievu's Comment

Written on: 30/12/2016

I have just been on to the complaints team with the same issues. 8 days to clear a cheque... With weekends that's close to 2 weeks. Worse still, now the post office have to send the cheque to think money by post, so add a few days more on. The post offices un my area have no special think money yellow envelopes to do this, and the supplier is on strike. ( I have been advised to post the cheque myself, but if it goes missing it will by my loss). Security??? What a joke!! Service non existent. I was quite happy when RBS were involved, there was no problem paying in. Another thing is the cards, they don't work at petrol pumps with pay at the pump option. (Tesco and Asda), but they work in the shops?? What's that all about. I recently had an international incoming payment that could not be sent because the iban and bic were changed by think money.... Decent system but unusable after the changes!!!!

Saintcouture's Comment

Had same bad service

“£99 gone out of my account to Sakarya for no reason ”

Written on: 16/06/2016

I've had a really good experience with think money helped me get back on track till today woke up to £2.12 in my account and a text saying after reviewing my account £99 has been moved so my account runs smoothly there taking money for my car insurance that I'm not insured on anymore wat the hell do I do??… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/06/2016

I'm sorry to hear that this has been your recent experience.

I'd like to look into this for you and ask you to contact us via the contact details here on Review Centre.

Steven Hewitt - thinkmoney

“Constant issues with getting through. 25 minute waits...”

Written on: 01/05/2016 by Kali375 (1 review written)

Constant issues with getting through. 25 minute waits are normal. Wages that go in account 2 days later than my work colleagues who bank with other banks. Cheques take forever to clear. If you ask a question that is a bit complicated, expect a script reply. £17.50 a month charge..this is the first thing they take from any money you have..even if it's the only money you have!. Bank closed over holidays etc not 24 hour. Avoid .I have transfered to santander who offer a similar account free… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/05/2016

Dear Kali375,

We’re sorry to hear that you are no longer using thinkmoney, especially with the exciting changes coming, but wish you all the best with your new account provider.

thinkmoney

Fihi1984's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2016

£17.50 is a rip off which ever way you look at it. You do nothing you do not manage my money yet you charge me for it. You definitely need a free phone number and more staff so your customers don't have to wait 20 minutes (absolute minimum) for a service you again charge for. Worst move I've ever made but comes across quite appealing.
DONT FOOL FOR IT!!!!
#REGRETS

Wallpaper1958's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2016

Been with think money over 7 years and have always had to wait unceptable time to speak to a manager and being charged for a really poor service would you spend your! money on the service provided .

“Great place”

Written on: 06/04/2016 by DavidTRex (1 review written)

Had very few problems and those that have cropped up have been sorted quickly. It's a shame they don't have an app for Windows Phone. Been really happy with them… Read Full Review

“Think money THINK AGAIN . Keep away. You have been...”

Written on: 06/04/2016 by Dylanz281 (1 review written)

If you are expecting a professional well ran Organisation, think again. I received a transfer of funds from my partner after the sale of a house. That is where the problems began. I am now into the second week without access to my money. My money has been frozen for no reason.Before you think they are doing Money laundering checks or such, no they are not. They use RBS for their banking and RBS managed to confirm all is OK their end and thinkmoney have my money. Other banking people have also… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/04/2016

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I’m sorry to hear of your recent experience with thinkmoney.

I can assure you that these incidents are not the norm and the team is doing all they can to resolve this for you as quickly as possible.

Steven Hewitt - thinkmoney

“LEFT WITH NO MONEY AGAIN!”

Written on: 20/02/2016 by Mick260662 (1 review written)

Yet again this useless bank is having problems with transfers. I have been left with 3 quid tillntuesday as this bank thinks it's ok to have so called server maintenance lasting 3 days! I tried to beat this by transferring earlier but did not work when I rang the staff lied saying it was a fault at RBS it was not it was them for 4th time in a year! No apologies no refund of 17.50 a month I'm complaint to FSA and my mp . DO NOT JOIN THIS BANK THEY ARE PATHETIC… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/02/2016

Dear Mick260662,

Unfortunately on Saturday our payments provider, RBS, did experience an unexpected delay with some payments which impacted some of our customers. We are working with RBS to understand how this happened, but we’d like the opportunity to investigate the problem that you experienced and do what we can to put things right. Please email us, via the contact section here on Review Centre, so we can raise a complaint on your behalf and address this through the appropriate channels.

“Wouldn't recommend to the dog!! ”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by Hannahparry (1 review written)

Completely disgusted with think money....as it stands i am paying £24.50 a month for my bank account that is NOT suppose to have an overdraft however over the past few days money started going missing to the tune of £800 apparently that I owe the bank for late transactions even though I have a lot of proof screenshots etc of the "transactions" in question to prove the money left my account the minute the "transactions" we made. Think money refuse to accept this as proof & still insist that… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2016

Hi,

I’m sorry that you feel this way. I’m aware that you have spoken to my colleague and there is an arrangement in place to keep you updated whilst we complete our investigation into your complaint.

Steven Hewitt