thinkmoney Personal Account Reviews - www.thinkmoney.co.uk

• Ease of use

Summary

"thinkmoney Personal Account

If you thought all accounts were the same, think again. Anyone can apply - no credit check required. A thinkmoney Personal Account delivers three things: transparency, personal service and peace of mind.

• Transparency. With no hidden fees, you'll always know exactly what you're paying per month. No nasty surprises, no sudden charges.
  • Personal service. We're committed to delivering a personal service. It's why we make sure your essential costs are covered first. It's why we provide so many different ways to manage your account, so you can use it the way you want to.
  • Peace of mind. With a new account from thinkmoney, you'll know you're taking care of your regular financial commitments. You'll know our experts are looking out for you, ready to warn you if they see any potential problems ahead. It's a very different kind of account. We’re a very different kind of company."
thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk

thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk
thinkmoney Personal Account www.thinkmoney.co.uk

“hidden downsides”

Written on: 13/06/2014 by graham1808 (1 review written)

Wages take till a minimum of 8 am to go into your account when my old bank was done by 2.30 . Long wait times on premium number. No 24 hour "money managers" . No atm balance . Card not accepted on many types of machine makes it pointless if you can't use it like a standard card . Price is more then Lloyd tsb account which has very similar bonuses for instance . Phone lines not open till 8am . Staff are always friendly although I would defiantly close my account but due to me getting payments… Read Full Review

Hi,

We're sorry to hear that your experience has left you considering a change of account provider.

There are a few points that I'd like to address. Our overnight processing usually completes around 7am which is when the funds are in your account. We then send text messages out to customers, usually between 7am and 8am, to let them know that the money has been credited, how much has been held for bills and how much has been transferred to you card.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve struggled contacting us on the phone. In recent weeks we have been dealing with unexpectedly high numbers of calls. We are busy adding new staff members to our team to restore our service to a level that you (and we) are happy with. To help customers avoid call charges and holding, we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us, even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call).

As you rightly say our telephone service isn’t open 24/7. However there are other ways of running your account including our Online Account Management service which enables you to complete a large number of functions yourself.

You can also access your account, including getting your balance whenever you need it (without needing to visit an ATM), via your mobile 24/7. Simply text 'BAL' to receive the latest balance on your card account.

thinkmoney’s prepaid debit MasterCard is accepted at ATMs in the UK and abroad that display the MasterCard acceptance symbol. There are some machines that don’t accept MasterCard – notably Co-op ATMS.

Graham1808's Response to graham1808's Review

Written on: 13/06/2014

And there is no mobile app very behind the times considering you pay for the account

Written on: 13/06/2014

An app is something that we are working on as a lot of customers do ask about it. We want to ensure that we get it right though so there's no launch date at the moment. However our website is mobile optimised allowing you to complete a large number of actions via your mobile or tablet.

Report this review Read 3 Comments Read Verified Business Response

“Great customer service”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by brype19 (11 reviews written)

I had money taken out of my account by some Crooks I called think money yesterday02.06.14 and spoke to a very help full assistant so said they would look into it and today 03.06.14 the money was returned to my card great service 5 stars… Read Full Review

“"Probably the worst bank account in the world" ”

Written on: 31/05/2014 by Shiloh33 (1 review written)

I will try to be objective, but trust me, its impossible with the Krusty School of Clowns, alias Stink Money. I have been with them a few years, not by choice, and I have to say the service has gone down faster than George Michael at Clapham Common. Firstly the card is a pre-paid Mastercard - unfortunately its not accepted at many outlets, try booking flights online. When quizzed about this SM's response was for me to call the flight company and ask them to accept the card. What? When using… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/06/2014

Hi,

We are extremely disappointed to read your feedback. We appreciate that you appear to have had a number of problems on your account - for which I apologise. Your experience doesn’t tally with the what we hear from the majority of our customers.

We believe that we have identified you from an email you sent to us today. We have tried to contact and we will do what we can to resolve this for you and complete your account closure and transfer.

Thank you.

Gentlegiant33's Comment

Written on: 10/06/2014

Account still open despite asking for its closure 4 times, you are still accepting and paying despite being not to do so, I feel the easiest way to close an account with yourselves is to die!!
Answer me these - how much do you get for the phone calls per minute?
the card itself - when a purchase is made, does the retailer get paid immediately or 30 days later like a credit card?
Dont expect any answers , like I said stock rubbish responses are your norm.
Quite frankly shocking.

“Absolutely Appalling”

Written on: 11/05/2014 by Disgusted58 (1 review written)

Have been with Think Money for the past year, (despite being told not to go near them) and at first everything seemed fine, but recently came into some money which was payed into my Salaries account, and that is were it has remained. I have contacted one of the so called money managers every day for the past week and the only thing I have achieved is a high phone bill. Two days after the money went into my Salaries account, my internet banking and text messaging services suddenly stopped and my… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/05/2014

I am sorry you're experiencing problems with your account.

Please get in touch with us so we can look into this for you.

Disgusted58's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2014

I have contacted you every day for the past week. Would you like to explain to me were my £16,000.00 pounds has disappeared too? What makes you think you will suddenly have an answer because I have posted on here. My service provider for my telephone was declined payment today??? I have now reported this to the police and the Financial Ombudsman quoting the crime reference number as police have logged this. Sorry but you have really messed with the wrong person if you think you can cheat me out of my money like you have with many other people...not only on this website but on others too.

Disgusted58's reply to Thinkmoney's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2014

It is now the end of another month and still no online banking, no text messaging service and no access to my account. This is simply not good enough, I am totally disgusted with your service and have now reported this the the necessary bodies including my solicitor to take further action. You have £16,000.00 of my money and I want it back. I also now have a £103.00 phone bill which has been accrued from the numerous times I have called you over the past month. Will you be paying that.? So please dont put comments to be about getting in touch with you. If I had my way you would be closed down. I have read so many other reviews on here where the same thing has happened to other people when they have had large amounts of monies go into their account. Call yourselves a bank? ha ha. You have know made your interest on MY money. I will see you in court.

Disgusted58's Response to Disgusted58's Review

Written on: 12/05/2014

Just a quick update to say I contacted a money manager again this morning and after being told it is still an IT error that I can not log onto my online banking or telephone banking or text service I asked to speak to a manager, after waiting half an hour, i was eventually connected to someone who called themselves a manager and miraculously they managed to be able to access my account (something they have not been able to achieve for over a week) Acting dumb I asked them what money was due in my account this week (as if I was not keeping a close eye on it) and again I was given the correct amounts, I then asked if it was possible for them to give me a balance on both my accounts and was told that my salaries account was 0.00 and my card account was just £2.00. I then asked what had happened to the £16,000.00 that had been paid in two days before my services went off, to which i received no answer, I then asked for them to send me a copy of my statement...again no answer, I was then asked would I mind if they put me on hold while they looked into this. Another 15 minutes passed....nothing....after almost 20 minutes I was told that someone would get back to me with some answers...that was 8am this morning ....its now 3.41 and again nothing. I think its about time the FSA were involved in this, I am ill with worry my phone bill was due to be paid today but my service provider has contacted me to say my payment has been declined....if anyone else on here has had a similar problem and managed to get it sorted I would love to hear how because right now I feel Im banging my head against the proverbial brick wall. I need this money, its not like its a couple of pounds. I have all the necessary proof needed of it going into the account. If think money think for one minute they can mess around with me then they have picked on the wrong person. You want to take my money...then I will see you in court!!!!

Disgusted58's reply to Disgusted58's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2014

Another week and still no response...that says it all

“Promise so much yet deliver so little”

Written on: 06/05/2014

One or two issues brought on as a result of misguided advice which I foolishly took a few years ago has left me with poor credit leading me to open a Thinkmoney account. Now I wish I never had to. Long wait times on a hugely expensive premium rate numbers(welcome to £30/month phone bills, up from £14) plus an £15/month management fee are tolerable if the banking services are provided in line with industry standards. Unfortunately, the "bank" doesn't seem to appreciate the importance of… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/05/2014

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced long wait times when trying to contact us. To help customers avoid charges when calling us we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone.

I’m also concerned by your comments surrounding missed payments. If the budgeting on your account is set up correctly then you shouldn’t miss a bill payment. We’d like to see exactly what has happened here and ensure that you don’t encounter this again. Please email us your reference details to us and we can arrange a convenient time to call you.

“Chavvy Card”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by Thorpe16 (1 review written)

I've been with TM now for 2 years and always been happy with service etc., recently the wait times on the phone have been unacceptable. However, my main gripe is the card - my original card was a nice black one that actually looked like an M&S card - unfortunately it was cloned and therefore I had to change it - a chavvy bordering on offensive yellow card turned up that just looks cheap and nasty. I've asked for it to be changed and apparently yellow is the current colour. Please reconsider -… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/05/2014

Dear Thorpe16,

Thank you for your feedback.

We agree that of late call wait times have crept up and are not of the standard that you, and we, would expect. We’re working hard to reduce call wait times as we know this is vital for customers. We’re busy adding new staff members to our team to ensure that we can offer a service level that you (and we) are happy with. Generally you should be able to get through very quickly outside peak hours – our quieter periods are weekdays after 10am and before 5pm and on Saturday afternoons. To make life easier for customers we do offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. As you rightly say this includes Twitter and Facebook communication (during the working day). You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone.

We took the decision to produce a brighter card after conducting market research amongst our customers. I am sorry that it isn’t to your taste.

Regards

“Bad customer infomation”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by qoDonnelly99 (1 review written)

Awful customer services not very customer friendly huge waits on call times to get through to uneducated staff members who give customers false and incorrect information on to many times the complaints team are impossible to get through too and they close complaints with put even speak to the customer what do I pay the account fee for I know awful customer service… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/04/2014

I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced prolonged wait times on the phone. Recently we have been dealing with unexpectedly high numbers of calls – we are busy adding new staff members to our team to restore our service to a level that you (and we) are happy with. To help customers we offer a number of ways other than the phone that you can get in touch with us – even if it is just to request a call back. This includes Twitter and Facebook communication. You can also text us with CHANGE followed by any changes you need to make to your account (or to request a call). Of course, you can also manage your account round the clock via Online Account Management. This service enables you to do almost everything that you can do on the phone.

I’m also concerned by your comments surrounding the information you’ve been given and the way in which you perceive our complaints procedure. Clearly this is something we’d like to discuss further and address all the issues raised surrounding your thinkmoney account. If you’d like to email us and we can arrange a convenient time to call you.

“Excellent monthly money management, but expensive fee”

Written on: 23/04/2014 by Katrinab224 (1 review written)

I couldn't do without my thinkmoney bank account - it's everything I need: they sort-of split your account into 2 separate parts in order that money for your bills is set aside and money available to spend is available via the usual bank card. This is vital to me to ensure my bills get paid when they're meant to! I hate managing money, so this is something that I welcome being done for me. I find the majority of the staff very helpful and friendly, and the texting service is excellent. The… Read Full Review

“awful everything”

Written on: 19/04/2014 by paulRayne (1 review written)

where do i start with think banking... the call waiting is awful and expensive(i tweet them now and wait for a call back)..my card works in very few places and in even fewer cashpoints,its a lottery whenever you walk in to a shop and as you can imagine doesn't fill you with much confidence when it comes to paying, i've changed my card 3 times to resolve the problem and have had to pay £5 today for a new one,which is terrible ..the £15 a month to run the account is far to much to pay for this… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/04/2014

Dear paulRayne,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you’ve had problems using your card. The thinkmoney Debit MasterCard is accepted in the vast majority of shops, online stores and at cashpoints that display the MasterCard logo. Of course there are a few exceptions – Co-op Bank cashpoints are not part of the MasterCard network for example. You might find our ATM finder tool useful.

We are working hard to reduce call wait times as we know this is vital for customers. We’re busy adding new staff members to our team to ensure that we can offer a service level that you (and we) are happy with. Generally you should be able to get through very quickly outside peak hours – our quieter periods are weekdays after 10am and before 5pm and on Saturday afternoons.

I’m also concerned that you don’t feel the account offers value for the monthly fee. Many customers tell us that they actually save money with their thinkmoney Personal Account because they aren’t being hit with unexpected bounced payment and overdraft charges. They also value the budgeting service, which is something that isn’t available anywhere else.

We understand that you have a number of concerns about your account. If you’d like to discuss them further please email us and I will arrange for a Money Manager to give you a call at a time that is convenient for you.

“data protection left with no money to feed my children”

Written on: 10/04/2014 by AliyaNorris (1 review written)

Firstly they declined my payments and money was on hold, which left me with no money for 5days and i was unable to feed my boys for 2 days because of it, i'm on prepayment meters and had no gas or electric for 1 day. then they send me post about my complaint to tell me it is taking them another 4 weeks to deal with, it was addressed to my husband who is not with this bank and never has been, and does not have a bank account, my husband is fuming, cost me over £20 in phone calls and still not… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

Hi,

We’re extremely sorry and concerned to hear that this has been your experience with thinkmoney.

We would like to investigate further and also speed up the response to your complaint - so we can put things right if we can. Our email address can be located on the 'Media Centre' section of our website. Please email us with your thinkmoney reference.

“Probably Ok until you want to switch account”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by JaronFlood43 (1 review written)

This lot obviously haven't signed up to the current account switch scheme and make the process excruciatingly painful (presumably in an attempt to keep your custom). Sadly for them I will continue the switch process and close the account ASAP. Very very underhanded, can't wait to be rid of them!… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/03/2014

We're sorry to hear that you are closing your thinkmoney Personal Account.

We aren’t currently part of the seven day switch scheme, although we do hope to join. In the meantime we are happy to provide you with a details of all your Standing Orders and Direct Debits to help you get set up with your new provider.

We wish you all the best with your new bank - if you require anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Gentlegiant33's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2014

what a load of rubbish. You dont even tell your name, usual TM stock answer. Why do you bother?
Having the same issues myself, obviously you completely ignored this complaint.

“Great bank! Could be better with mobile app”

Written on: 08/02/2014

I was wary about this bank because it wasn't a high street bank I thought things would work differently. The fact that at first you get asked for the exact amount your wages will be which I didn't really like and I initially felt very harassed by the 'money managers' as my first wages wasn't due for a whole month, they were almost hassling me for my own money asking me when it will be going on and sending me texts asking If i have forgotten about my account. But once my first wages had gone in… Read Full Review

“thinkmoney”

Written on: 03/02/2014 by travelbybus (1 review written)

I have been with them for several years and found always helpful staff are pleasant and never in a hurry to get rid of you and always try to sought your problem out and if it takes to long they will ring you back I would recommend them to anyone that has had money problems or even if they don't you always know how much you have left to spend at the end of the month… Read Full Review

“A different story depending on whom you talk to”

Written on: 11/01/2014

A total waste of a "management fee". The system often crashes leaving me unable to access my funds and account. Card "locked" with no warning and constantly have to spend time and money on the phone sorting out basic instructions which seem not to be followed. Heaven help you if you need something doing on a weekend.... Are we still living in an age where the everything closes on a Sunday? When asking the same question to 2 different money managers you always get 2 different answers ie your… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/01/2014

I am sorry you have experienced problems with your account.

We do always aim to provide our customers with an excellent service and to be consistent in the advice we offer. This is reflected by the great many customers who get in touch to tell us they’re happy with our service. However, we appreciate that we don’t always get it right, and when we don’t we’ll do our very best to get things back on track for you.

If you’d like us to look into the problems you are experiencing please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on the usual number, which can be found in the contact section of our website.

Groovychic's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2014

How will you deal with this complaint-- CLOSE THE ACCOUNT AS YOU DID IN REPSONSE TO MY COMPLAINT?

Groovychic's Comment

Written on: 30/01/2014

I completely agree. THIN MONEY ARE HOPELESS AND A WASTE OF SPACE.

“absolutely fantastic!”

Written on: 23/11/2013 by hegarty83 (1 review written)

I am so happy i switched over to think money. I never have to worry about any of my bills being paid on time and if you have a problem all you have to do is call and talk to a money manager and if they can they will sort it out. Excellent customer service and in general lovely people to talk to. A fantastic company! Thank you thinkmoney! :)… Read Full Review

“THE BEST THING EVER”

Written on: 08/11/2013

I got an email telling me about THINKMONEY and I couldn't believe it but I phoned and have never looked back since then, that's over 2 years now. It's easy, very convenient and when you phone a money manager they are always friendly and helpful (even like me asking some really daft questions). I tell everyone about it and 1 of my friends have changed over banks and another one is thinking about changing. Now that's what I call a GREAT BANK ;)… Read Full Review

“excellent service”

Written on: 03/11/2013

was called by a advisor Mark who was so helpful and approachable and made the whole process a joy… Read Full Review

“Perfect in every way ”

Written on: 03/11/2013

I love this account. I was surprised to find a account that accepts people with a poor credit score. I googled it as i couldn't get a account with any high street bank. Very frustrating. Now i can shop online. And I absoloutly love it. I would be lost without it now. Setting up the account was easy. The advisor was great helping me get it sorted. If i do have a problem the staff are Extremely friendly. And try to help you the best they can my direct debit automatically gets taken out my… Read Full Review

“i have found you very helpful mainly in managing my...”

Written on: 02/11/2013

you have helped me a lot to avoid bank charges, I like it that I can check my balance by sending a text message, the customer service is very good. I would describe the service to family and friends as excellent. I like it when you call the staff take their time to listen to you and explain things in an easy and understandable way… Read Full Review

Monstermash1's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2013

You have been very lucky then. Do not whatever you do pay any money in out of the ordinary as it will go horribly wrong

“No transparency”

Written on: 31/10/2013

First of all I thought this bank was great really helpful and friendly. Now it has gone seriously wrong. I sold my car and the money was transferred to my thinkmoney account. I was asked where the money had come from, where I was going to spend it, if I could provide evidence. I answered all their questions and was told my money would be available at the end if the working day.. Next thing my account is locked. No explanation why or when it will be resolved. I have no way of knowing what is… Read Full Review

Davecarterbon's Comment

Written on: 15/04/2014

Is this bank for real? ?.....one complaint is one too many.

Disgusted58's Comment

Written on: 11/05/2014

This is exactly what is happening to me at the moment. Came into some money over a week ago which was paid into my salaries account and that is were it has stayed. After two days I complained about it and conveniently after I complained my internet banking and text messaging service stopped. Money managers are telling me they can not access my account. I am worried sick about it all. I have a severely disabled child and I am now having to borrow money to pay bills and buy my son food as he needs special diet. Did you ever get this resolved?