Home Delivery Network Limited Reviews - www.hdnl.co.uk

Home Delivery Network Limited www.hdnl.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Home Delivery Network Limited www.hdnl.co.uk

“Avoid like the plague”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by Leila102 (1 review written)

I ordered a phone through an online dealer not realizing the express (the next option I was given above the standard Free 2 - 4 day delivery) delivery service I paid for was HDNL. If I had know this I would of totally avoided or conttaced the company to find out if there were other more expensive but reliable delivery options. Their tracking system is total junk as I have been seeing the same message "Order Generated" for more than 24 hrs and to be honest this doesn't mean a thing to me. Has it… Read Full Review

“Amazon order”

Written on: 06/03/2014 by Morganbf131 (1 review written)

Ordered an item from Amazon Sunday evening under normal post. Tuesday morning the parcel was delivered by a cheerful delivery man. Cant fault this service well done all concerned. … Read Full Review

You were lucky!!

“Absolute rubbish”

Written on: 01/03/2014

I got the 'not in, left a card' on the tracking site! Delivery driver is a liar, I was in all day waiting. Now had to re-schedule.... … Read Full Review

Written on: 18/03/2014

Same here. Saw a new driver 2 days later told me the driver failed to turn up so the van didn't go out!

“Worst delivery company ever?”

Written on: 08/01/2014

I can't think of anything positive about them. They lose packages. They deliver packages without getting signature. They throw parcels in properties when nobody answers. Or they hand them to the neighbours. Or leave parcels unattended by the door. They don't leave notes. They even deliver the wrong parcel after re-labeling them! I can't think of a worse delivery company. Then to make things worse, they're difficult to reach. And not helpful anyway. Poor performance, poor customer service. I am… Read Full Review

I agree with you!

“very disappointed Grandson”

Written on: 26/12/2013 by Gillian15 (1 review written)

A Christmas present was ordered on 19th Dec from Amazon and I paid for 1 day delivery. Tracking shows a tour of depots in completely the wrong direction (now removed from website) and being despatched from Sheffield on 21st Dec. Since then it has disappeared. Amazon refunded next day delivery charge. Since then no communication from either company. I gave them a 1 star rating only because I can't give it zero… Read Full Review

Seabed's Response to Gillian15's Review

Written on: 18/03/2014

Why Amazon use this company is beyond me? I have complained many times to them and always get the same answer... 'We will contact the courier and assure you the service will be improved'? That was 2 years ago... still the same.

“Terrible”

Written on: 21/12/2013

Several times I have had deliveries scheduled and none turn up. Amazon UK need to stop using these jokers… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/03/2014

Amazon have been told by many... but still no improvement in the service? It's beyond a joke!!

“Lie about no one were home”

Written on: 20/12/2013 by aaronium (1 review written)

3 out of 5 time I order from amazon they use this rubbish to deliver my items, and in this 3 deliveries 2 of which will be delayed no matter I paid for next day delivery. They said they had try to deliver but no one was home, which is a lie as I stayed home all day! Rubbish and avoid… Read Full Review

Seabed's Response to aaronium's Review

I entirely agree!

“Liers”

Written on: 06/12/2013

Chose Amazon next day delivery through Prime, at 21:00 on the guaranteed delivery day, there online tracking states it has been delivered to the customer, but no sign of the parcel at my door or any of the neighbours. God knows where my parcel is, why does Amazon still insist on using Yodel. The customers are clearly not happy with their delivery service :@… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/03/2014

Because Amazon are quite happy to use a cheap courier and go on percentages for deliveries? You pay for it over the odds Amazon make money and are happy to continue with that.

“£200 of goods left with a neighbour but no card...”

Written on: 16/11/2013 by sabrown89 (1 review written)

I bought some goods with Amazon with One Day delivery. I come home to find no parcel, no card - nothing. I tracked it on the Amazon site and it tells me it is Delivered. At this point I tried some of my neighbours and it turned out one of them had it. Why is it so difficult to put a card through the door?!?… Read Full Review

Seabed's Response to sabrown89's Review

Written on: 18/03/2014

They have a very large turnover of drivers, who are under immense pressure to deliver on time... the drivers are treated like dirt and most fail to return to work, hence why the late deliveries? Vans sitting at depots waiting to go out and no drivers!

“YODEL, the courier con-men from hell”

Written on: 12/11/2013 by Bladebiker (3 reviews written)

Having had a series of delivery disasters, I NEVER buy anything from a company that uses Yodel. Unfortunately I recently bought a high value items form an ebay seller who used "Collect Plus" to organise the delivery... and they sub-contract to Yodel. Unsurprisingly I have had the usual problems. Having called AND used the website to arrange a specific day they then failed to deliver (waited in all day until 21:00). They then claimed that they had failed to deliver (strange... not card!) and… Read Full Review

Seabed's Response to Bladebiker's Review

Written on: 18/03/2014

And they will be changing their name again soon to confuse you even more!

“Arrived as promised”

Written on: 06/11/2013

Ordered from Amazon for delivery within 2 days. It arrived at 18:30 on the 2nd day as promised. Amazon offer a text trak n trace which didn't send any SMS message. Yodel van, polite and efficient driver. The limited track and trace web feature does not give you an arrival window. Some deliveries I get from other couriers arrive before 2pm. I'll know what to expect next time, though I would probably pay the extra for the delivery by Royal Mail… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/03/2014

One of the very lucky few...

“worst delivery company around”

Written on: 24/10/2013

STAY CLEAR. This delivery company is the worst around. I was told I would be getting a parcel delivered by hdnl on tuesday so I made a point on taking that day off from work. When I arrived home on the monday I went into hdnl website and tracked my parcel to find out that it had been delivered when I was at work. The driver just left my £100 parcel on my doorstep in full view of everybody walking or driving past. Although on hdnl website it said the driver lleft it in my shed which I dont have… Read Full Review

“HDNL - customer service at it's worst.”

Written on: 23/08/2013

Oh if only it were possible to give a no-stars rating. Customer service is obviously not a priority for this company. I ordered a product through Amazon ( who although helpful when I phoned them to report non-delivery are also partly covered by the red mist which has descended because they continue to use this shower). The time slot for my delivery was confirmed on Wednesday as between 7.30-11.30 am on Thursday. So far so good. Not experiencing any delivery problems from Amazon before I was… Read Full Review

“The worst courier service I've ever come across...”

Written on: 17/08/2013 by Buzz_Bee (1 review written)

I've never written a review for a courier service before but after countless terrible experiences I've had with HDNL or so called YODEL, I was determined to write a review so other customers won't fall in to them just like me. I made an order with the Disney store on line and I was texted the item would be delivered on certain date and the Disney store sent me an e-mail with a link to track the order so did I tracked at the end of the day since I haven't received it and it said they tried to… Read Full Review

“The worst company I have ever dealt with”

Written on: 08/08/2013 by enrvuk (1 review written)

Deliveries from Amazon have been late or lost more than half a dozen times with this company. They lie about delivery and deliver things days after the supposed guaranteed date. If you can avoid using them do so at all costs… Read Full Review

Buzz_Bee's Response to enrvuk's Review

Written on: 17/08/2013

I agree 100% with you

Buzz_Bee's Response to enrvuk's Review

Written on: 17/08/2013

I agree with you a 100%

“Zero Stars For a Zero Company ”

Written on: 10/05/2013 by paul201245645 (10 reviews written)

Virgin Media sent me a Super Hub via HDNL (HDN-Hell should be their name) it was supposed to arrive Tuesday 7th May between 10AM-2PM. It didn't arrive within that time-frame, so I had to wait in until 9 o'clock in the evening. HDNL failed to deliver the Super Hub, not only that, when I contacted HDNL Customer Service to report their delivery failure - they lied to me, saying the delivery driver attempted delivery at half past 6 in the evening? and he posted a calling card through my… Read Full Review

“Yodel is wholly out to lunch”

Written on: 02/05/2013

I hardly know where to begin with this company. How could anyone with an iota of self-respect work for those clowns? To begin with, when they foul up a delivery, or, as in my case claim they made two deliveries at the same time then demand that I go to their depot some 30 miles away to collect the parcel, which they said they would leave with a neighbour but did not, I cannot find a way to speak to a real person to rectify the situation. Craftily, I thought, I tried to ring the Reading… Read Full Review

“Worst delivery ever ”

Written on: 28/03/2013 by Klee0124 (1 review written)

The group of people which are brainless , I bought something on Internet and chosen next day delivery, they have been delivery to the wrong address twice and third time left a voice mail on my phone with a blocked number, said "your delivery is here" and there is no one there, its ridiculous, we are retail shop on the high street, they just can't find it. Also there is no contact number or even an email on their website, if you want contact them, you need write a letter ! Remember, there are… Read Full Review

“Is it just people complaining about HDNL when...”

Written on: 20/03/2013

It feels like HDNL have been ganged up on here! The internet is all well and good as a place for people to spout off when something goes wrong, but do they ever come on here and say when they have done something right? I am working 2000 miles away from home at the moment so ordered a Valentines Gift from Moonpig (Flowers, Chocolate, Balloon and Card) for my Girlfriend to get delivered to her office today. After seeing the horror stories on this site I thought the worst. However, at 12.20pm… Read Full Review

Lumpy1's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2013

No mate your so wrong my order was not from Amazon HDNL are Unprofessional

Temwood's Comment

Written on: 20/10/2013

Quite wrong I'm afraid. While most my deliveries were for Amazon, I've had HDNL foisted on me over several different retailers, and they've been equally appalling each time. They've failed to deliver entirely on about 10 percent of occasions, delivery has taken two or more 'attempts' (usually no card left) more than 60 percent of the time, and I cant recall a single time the packaging wasn't damaged, often to the point of being torn open and taped up - I've refused to sign on 5 or 6 occasions. Driver can't find the house? Only HDNL have ever managed this.

Credit where its due; DPD are great as usually are Royal Mail - I don't even have an axe to grind with City Link. But 'unprofessional' doesn't even begin to describe HDNL.

Straight-Talking's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2013

Integration fault my Ar*e They were two days late with my delivery. When I complained they told me the driver had attempted delivery and I did not answer. CCTV camera's don't lie, HDNL do! I guess you work for HDLN or a close friend or relative does!

So many reviews and always the same complaint. 3460 reviews and how many are making the same complaint? Maybe you need to sit back and have a think, are 3459 people wrong or are you?

“Delivery left out in the rain!”

Written on: 18/03/2013 by robinsrule (1 review written)

Well, at least my Amazon parcel was delivered on time to the right house.... It's just a shame that they hid it somewhere out in the rain without leaving a note. As a consequence it was sat outside for three days, and it was only after several phonecalls to HDNL that we ascertained where it was hidden... it was like hunting for Easter eggs. So I can only concur with all the bad reviews about them here, though I suppose nobody ever takes the time out to praise a delivery company for delivering… Read Full Review