Zanussi ZUF105W Reviews

Type Of Freezer Stand Alone
Type Of Freezer Stand Alone
Door Lock Without Door Lock
Door Lock Without Door Lock
Freezer Volume Less Than 5 cu. ft. (142 liter)
Freezer Volume Less Than 5 cu. ft. (142 liter)
Product MPN
Main characteristics
Defrost Type: Frost Free
Volume: 99.1 Liter

“ice build up ?”

Written on: 06/04/2014

Replaced our old Zanussi frost free with another that had the frost build up problem. Bought replacement back cover as original had split due to pressure of ice build up, repaired myself and use in garage as overflow. However, newer model has a flashing red light that has just come on (had now for approx. 2 years). Nothing in booklet to advise what the problem is likely to be (other than a suggestion to press fast freeze button). Have switched off and now waiting for a full defrost to place on… Read Full Review

“frost free???”

Written on: 16/09/2011 by gpickering (1 review written)

I have the same problem as a previous reviewer in that we have got ice build up behind the back plate that eventually split from the rivet. This has meant that for the interim period before being able to afford to buy another freezer, we cannot use 1 drawer because the back plate will not allow it far enough back to allow the door to close hence we now have 3 useable drawers at the moment… Read Full Review

Ronald152's Response to gpickering's Review

Written on: 29/12/2012

Frost free it is not - ice build up put our ZUF105W out of action over Christmas. Suggest you remove the inside back cover and use hair dryer to de-ice REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT POWER BEFORE HAND! First remove all drawers. There are five 7mm socket headed scews to remove. Once these are out the cover can be carefully removed. I found a huge plug of ice blocking the condensation trap hole which prevented water passing out into the trap which sits at the back ontop of the condenser. Not surprising the freezer started to squeel for help! All well now - saved myself an expensive call out

“My frost free freezer has had a critical build up of...”

Written on: 09/12/2010

My frost free freezer has had a critical build up of ice under the plastic cover at the back of the feezer that eventually split the cover and started to push the drawers outwards as the ice expanded. I'm very disappointed that the machine has failed so soon and just out of warranty and I would not recommend buying it, especially after seeing that other people have had similar problems… Read Full Review

“I bought this freezer in 2008 and it has served it's...”

Written on: 20/08/2010

I bought this freezer in 2008 and it has served it's purpose up until now. About 2 months ago I noticed ice forming on one side under the bottom drawer but I had noticed for some time that there was never any water under the drain on the outside of the freezer. I duly contacted an engineer and he came out and "defrosted" the inside of the back panel and there was certainly water in the container at the back for about a week. I have had to call in the engineer again who now says the circuit… Read Full Review

“I purchased this freezer in June 2008 and it has...”

Written on: 06/08/2010 by Millie600 (1 review written)

I purchased this freezer in June 2008 and it has operated fairly faultlessly except for a couple of occasions when the temperature alarm sounded and the red light lit up. It seemed to correct itself after we unloaded the contents into another freezer until 2 days ago when, as well as the alarm and red light, there was a noise coming from the fan like a helicopter. As it is out of warranty I decided to investigate it myself and found that by removing all the drawers and five securing screws on… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Millie600's Review

Written on: 29/05/2012

Thanks to this review I have just removed a solid block of ice from the evaporator tray of my Zanussi ZUF 105w. However, it has taken three years to reach this state. Take care when removing the block of ice, the right hand side tends to stick hard. Self defrosting? I think not! Frost free? Definitely not.