Top Cashback Reviews - www.topcashback.co.uk

548

Top Cashback www.topcashback.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Top Cashback www.topcashback.co.uk

Top Cashback www.topcashback.co.uk

“Customer Service non existent & misleading deals”

Written on: 11/05/2016 by KeelyDominguez64 (1 review written)

I was Emailed by TopCashback (TC) regarding a deal on Car Insurance. On accessing the insurer's website the actual cash back was lower than that quoted by TC. The insurer suggested contacting TC. Although I am already logged in, the Support site requires my logon ID & password entering again together with a randomly generated set of digits. The site will not log me in. TC does not provide telephone contact so I am at a loss to know how to raise issues. I am strongly tempted to close my account… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/05/2016

Hi KeelyDominguez6,

The log in page will only appear again if you have saved passwords enabled and this is for your account security. The issue with this normally is that the incorrect password may be saved and is causing your log in issues.I would suggest you go to your internet history settings and delete saved passwords. Our Team will be happy to help with this if you do get in touch with them.

“Rubbish”

Written on: 09/04/2016 by Renei193 (1 review written)

Used this site twice on recommendation. Both times, no cash-back. Big letdown… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/04/2016

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you didn't receive your cashback. If cashback doesn't track our team are normally able to further chase this up and investigate the issue with your transactions. Please contact our support team through a ticket in order to get this looked into further for you.

TopCashback Support

“Dosen't honour terms and conditions”

Written on: 04/04/2016 by meltingpotnexus (1 review written)

Beware. Was swindled by Topcashback (tcb )for nationwide flexdirect cashback offer. TCB/Nationwide terms said I need to switch accounts within 45 days of OPENING flex-direct account. My Flexdirect Account was opened 19 Feb 2016. Soon afterwards TCB contacted me to say Nationwide had refused the cashback as no switch details were found within 45 days of account opening. TCB said since I had clicked through to nationwide website on 07 December 2015, 45 days had already lapsed, and asked me if… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to meltingpotnexus's Review

Written on: 05/04/2016

Hi,

I am sorry you disagree with the merchants decision regarding this. The merchant sets out the terms and conditions for the cashback and these are included on our site. If a transaction is declined we will query this to our best ability however if the merchant is certain the transaction doesn't fulfil the criteria then they will not award us the commission.

We do monitor transactions to ensure a merchant isn't declining more transactions than normal and if this is the case we will investigate further with them and take action if necessary. I understand not receiving cashback can be frustrating but please be rest assured that unsuccessful cashback accounts for a very small percentage of transactions through us and we will always do our best to ensure that eligible transactions are paid for.

TopCashback Support

“The just make excuses... you wont anywhere trust me”

Written on: 24/03/2016 by besonders1 (1 review written)

I used to use topcashback, I was one of their original customers when it first came out, the customer service used to be "spot on" with missing claims. I recently applied for a nationwide credit card and was promised £30 cashback, it did not track one week after being accepted, so when i put in a missing cashback claim, I was asked for my credit card number of which I did not have as I had just opened the account and was waiting for it to be sent to me. So one month later the credit card… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to besonders1's Review

Written on: 30/03/2016

Hi,

I am really sorry you feel like that. Our Team will always endeavour to help and where possible go above and beyond to try every route possible. If a member of the team asked for details of a transaction so they could query something and this was not done I would ask that you reply back to your claim and ask for it to be looked at by the original staff member and this should ensure that all routes are followed as expected. All responses are made by TopCashback staff and therefore there can be rare cases of genuine human error. Where this is the case we will always endeavour to help our members.

What we can not do is award cashback when it's not awarded to us as this wouldn't be fair to other members. Every time we speak with a member and help them we have to bear in mind whether we are able to treat other members in a similar way. This is a way to ensure fair play is used across the Customer Care Team.

I do hope this helps.

TopCashback Support

“All a bit of a letdown”

Written on: 08/03/2016 by amWagner1952 (1 review written)

Having used them for 18 months I was quite pleased at first, but over the last 6 months they are increasingly failing to pay out, usually claiming that the retailer in question didn't log my visit via them. The winner is that they then claim they can't provide proof of this due to confidentiality rules! The upshot is that they can refuse to pay up whenever they like and provide no evedence whatsoever as to why, leaving them and the retailer sitting pretty while muppets like me are out of pocket… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/03/2016

Hey,

I am sorry to hear you have had a few recent declined transactions. We certainly have no interest in keeping your cashback and therefore if this is paid to us it will certainly be paid to you. If another referrer is identified the cashback is normally awarded to them and we have no power to stop this from happening. It also wouldn't be fair for us to expect the cashback network to make decisions based on personal preference for us because we have a member who is expecting cashback.

With that being said nearly all transactions made through us do track as we would expect and doing certain things such as clearing cookies and cache before logging in, disabling ad blockers and not using voucher codes not on our site can reduce the chance of a transaction being accredited to another source.

Shane14's Comment

Written on: 10/03/2016

Hi,

Thanks for for response, but the simple fact is that I categorically do not use any other cashback sites. When visting a given retailer I either go direct, via google (not google shopping) or via yourselves, and in all the declined cases your website has registed my visit via TCB. Even if we exonerate yourselves and put the blame on the retailer we're still left with the fact that they can decline payments at will without having to provide any proof as to why, simply by wielding privacy rules. I will persist for the time being, and will clear my browser as advised before every purchase, but am really losing belief in the system.

Written on: 11/03/2016

Hi,

I do understand your comments and point of view. A common misconception is that if another referrer is recognised it has to be a cashback site which is not the case. Cashback sites work in a very similar way to other sites including those who earn revenue from displaying adverts and also search engines.

Cookies on your device can originate from many different sources and therefore they can also earn commission instead of us. The merchant themselves don't decide who to award the commission to as it is down to the cashback network to award this and they don't have any preferences over any referrer. Instead they award this fairly by looking at the cookie that was recognised when the purchase was made. I really do hope clearing cookies and cache helps you and reduces the chance of this happening.

Matt

“Constantly chasing claims, poor, would not recommend ”

Written on: 11/02/2016 by Dulce317 (1 review written)

booked a holiday through on the beach, opened a claim still waiting after 6 months as on the beach said it was for a flight, total cost paid nearly £1900, expensive flight with them if that is the case. Very poor communication, poor customer service, promotions rarely work correctly. Poor Management of promotions. Disgusted in the site, very disappointing and not worth doing… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/02/2016

Hi,

I am sorry to hear your transaction through us didn't track at the expected amount of cashback. When this happens it means we are not due to receive the full commission available and as we pass on 100% of what we are paid you will see this reflect in your cashback amount. However, as you mention we have a claims process in place to query transactions like this when they happen.

When a claim is lodged we need to ask the cashback network why we have been awarded a lower than expected amount and will also try and convince them that we are eligible for the full amount of cashback ( the rate shown on our site minus the top up we pay ourselves). It can take the merchant time to get back to us as they have to thoroughly investigate our case. On average it can take up to between 12-16 weeks to hear back but this time frame can vary.

If this time frame passes we do ask members to submit a support ticket as our team will happily look into this for you and get you the best update they can. However, it is important to note as soon as we hear a resolution we will let you know via your Claims Thread.

“TCB going downhill?”

Written on: 01/02/2016 by 205Schultz (1 review written)

TCB used to try harder, but cynically the overall performance has gone downhill. They used to have a user forum, they removed that (I wonder why, and its not the answer they gave). They also used to have a facility so that you could check the tracking, they removed that (I know why, and its not the answer TCB gave). They seem to be spending more time on these "treat" games, again its not open, no one has any idea if they actually pay out, no one as far as I am aware have said they have got… Read Full Review

Hi,

We found that it was in the best interests of our members to focus on support tickets and other external ways they are using to speak with us. I'm sorry if you don't agree with this.

We do still clearly display merchant stats on our site, the only exception to this is if we do not have enough information to create a realistic set of data.

The games on site are very popular and we have received so much positivity about them. The accusations you make about these being rigging and fixed are unfounded and not true. More information on the winners and prizes are available in the terms and conditions of this game.

We will only provide a declined reason when we are given one. Members can lodge claims and these do normally result in a final decision being made; whether this is a reason for a decline or an overturned decision.

Millions of transactions take place on site and only a small amount ever have issues. Sometimes there are issues with tracking, after all it is technology and I am sure you can appreciate technology sometimes does strange things and doesn't work as expected. We always work behind the scenes to investigate tracking issues and will get them sorted as soon as possible. As well as this we have the claims system in place to query specific transactions.

“Payable cashback declined”

Written on: 26/01/2016 by AshleeMcNeill (1 review written)

I had cashback that achieved 'Payable' status. A few days later when I was going to request payment I noted that approximately £20 (5 small payments from the same merchant) had been deleted from my 'Payable' account. After investigation it appeared that the merchant had subsequently declined the payment. I requested help but was informed by TCB that I had to submit missing cashback claims for each of the 5 retrospectively declined payments. This is getting very tedious. My message is: do… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/01/2016

Hi,

I am sorry to hear some of your recent transactions got declined after moving to payable. In incredibly rare cases a merchant may occidentally move cashback to payable and then realises this was done in error. As they do not class us as eligible for the cashback they will take back the cashback. When this is the case, as a 100% cashback site we do have to pass this decision on to our members. I do hope now you have lodged a claim we can overturn these decisions for you, we will certainly try our best!

“Appalling service”

Written on: 20/01/2016 by Rickj (4 reviews written)

Appalling service used to buy washer from Curry's .owed 52.50 since 7 sept ..yes over 4 months for a estimated 7 week payment. Customer service is non existence just keep moving the estimated payment back .written to FSA today to advise of this scheme. Please use quidco better customer care and honest pay outs ON TIME… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to Rickj's Review

Written on: 25/01/2016

Hi,

I really am sorry you feel that way as our Customer Service Team are always there to help. Like any cashback site (including the one you mention) we can normally only pay members when we are paid and the number of weeks in your account is an estimate created by us rather than a deadline for the merchant to pay us. Whether the merchant pays us in 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or even longer we will ensure this money gets passed back on to you which is what we set out to do. What we can't do is guarantee a payout time frame.

Saying that, the estimates you do see in your account and are created based on historic payout data from the same merchant and therefore this does generally give a good idea of the payout speed. However, there can be reasons for a merchant taking longer or shorter than they have done on average in the past. Our Team work continuously to ensure the cashback network is chasing up outstanding cashback as we want our members to be paid as soon as possible. I do hope that in the near future this time and effort reflects in your transaction.

Written on: 26/01/2016

Total tosh ...read reviews left on here about TCB AND YES QUIDCO DO INDEED PAY OUT BEFORE THEY GET PAID.on 2 occasions due to long delays they paid out and chased up money.TCB don't even reply to emails ......AVOID YOU HAVE BEEN warned

Written on: 26/01/2016

Written on: 28/01/2016

Hi,

We do reply to all Support Tickets within a 1-2 days normally but during busy periods this may take a bit longer, either way we reply to all support tickets. We also reply to emails sent through the official email communication address which is used for log in help. Other emails may get lost in the system and therefore please ensure you use the correct contact features to speak with our team. Different cashback sites may have different ways of dealing with individual unhappy people over emails and we have our own way of helping them as much as possible while bearing in mind other members that may not wish to get in touch.

Written on: 29/01/2016

And what exactly do TCB do for unhappy members ....yes send the same scripted message..A quick up date its Feb in a few days and still no sign of cashback owed from 7th sept .So 4 months for a estimated 8 week payout and counting...yeah great service ..TCB AND CURRYS WHAT A PARTNERSHIP

Written on: 29/01/2016

Hi,

Our aim is always to resolve a members query. Of course this isn't always possible with certain transactions and certain queries but we will always try our best. I am sorry to say I am unable to pass on examples of how we have done this but our team will always exhaust all routes possible when a member gets in touch and asks a question.

Written on: 01/02/2016

Yes iam quite sure you are unable to provide examples of where TCB have helped customers probably because its never happened.

STILL WAITING 21 WEEKS. FOR ESTIMATED 8 WEEK.

Hi,

As I am sure you can appreciate we have to think about all members when speaking with a member about unpaid cashback. We can not always meet our members expectations when they expect us to pay for a transaction that hasn't been paid to us but we will always help our members and provide them with the best true information we have.

Written on: 02/02/2016

Unlike quidco who decided on 2 occasions to honour as yet unpaid cash back .may I suggest that instead of sending unhelpful replies after 4 months ,you spend your time asking Curry's why they are not honouring a advertised agreement .Ultimately looking at recent reviews on TCB something is seriously wrong and simply means customers avoid using both TCB AND CURRYS .I've recently spend 3k on items via quidco but won't use TCB OR CURRYS for any transaction no matter what promises are made due to my dealings with both companies.I am also a regular contributer to HUKD a site which cashback sites get more business than anywhere else ,but I advise anyone using TCB is a waste of time and unlikely to provide the advertised cashback ,as others and myself have clearly shown on this review site.

Written on: 02/02/2016

Hi,

As I am sure you can appreciate any member who sends in a support ticket we need to reply back to them and not ignore their question. We have dedicated people who regularly communicate with the cashback networks to ensure outstanding cashback is chased and from what I believe no other cashback site that I am aware of guarantees you goodwill payments if the merchant doesn't pay them within a time limit the member expects.

It wouldn't be responsible or fair for us to pay you your cashback if we are not able to do this with other people who are in a similar situation.

We have millions of members who have between them earned millions of pounds of cashback. We don't hide away from the fact that some merchants take longer than expected to pay us and this is why we clearly tell members that we will be paid as soon as we are paid and amend estimates if necessary. We have had a lot great feedback from our members about how we help them and how fast we pay them and this is how we aim to continue. We will not always be able to resolve an issue or please a specific member especially when we haven't been paid for a transaction I am afraid.

Written on: 03/02/2016

You obviously know nothing then .As a premier member of quidco I was twice paid in advance .iam sure quidco got the cashback back but they didn't think the wait was fair .Unlike TCB who have still not updated my last e-mail. Are you really paid to sit here sending totally useless replies .Use you time chasing companies you recommend for cashback to honour the agreement before you end up on BBC watchdog with all the other merchants .please don't send any scripted replies unless you have my cashback stop wasting my time !!!!

Written on: 05/02/2016

Hi,

We want to pay all members at the same speed which is when we get paid. We don't feel it's fair to pay members any faster because they are a Plus Member. They do get a lot of benefits though including increased top ups, payout bonuses and tell a friend bonuses.

Please ensure you are sending your queries via the correct method of support tickets as they will get replied to within a couple of days. We do explain to members in various places on site that we pay members when we ourselves are paid and we already have systems in place to query cashback that is taking much longer than we would have expected. Many members do understand and appreciate that the estimates in their account are estimates created based on previous payout speeds rather than deadlines for payment.

TopCashback Support

“Love the site don't have to spend a lot of money but...”

Written on: 16/01/2016 by McGarry327 (1 review written)

Love the site don't have to spend a lot of money but cash took too long to get into ur account… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/01/2016

Hey,

I am really happy to hear you love our site. We are always looking at ways to be able to pay our members quicker but ultimately this rests in the hands of the cashback networks and the merchants on our site as it is their money we pass on to you as cashback.

TopCashback Support

“Worse Than Useless Customer Support”

Written on: 24/11/2015 by boble (1 review written)

I purchased a TV from AO which qualified for 10.25% cashback. I was awarded 1%. I opened a ticket item with top cashback who simply keep asking me to provide the purchase details over and over again. They then asked me to register by case at a specific site: "To make this easier, you could use the below link to get to the claim area: This site wont accept my case as the purchase was over 45 days ago, WHICH TOP CASHBACK KNOW!!!! This is crass incompetence and clearly demonstrates that they… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to boble's Review

Written on: 25/11/2015

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us recently. Once you click one of our links the cashback network has to follow your purchase and then award us the commission. They do award us the rate they believe we are eligible for. If this is incorrect we do have to query the cashback via the Missing Cashback Claims process. Some merchants can only accept queries within a certain amount of time and I am sorry to hear that in your case you lodged this later than the period of time.

If you believe the support you have given was incorrect please do ask for another member of staff to look at your Support Ticket as it may be something we can investigate further.

Boble's reply to Topcashback.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 26/11/2015

Hi

Thank you for your comments. I have numerously explained the position to the person(s) in have been communicating with, however, they appear not to know how your system works. This is a training issue and I should not have to suffer as a result if this.

Forty five days (only six weeks) is no where near enough time for a ticket to be raised and being slightly cynical I believe that this is deliberate.

I was induced by your company to make a purchase based on the advertised offer and I am certain that a court will determine that your firm is responsible for this loss. I suggest that this is not an outcome your firm would wish as it sets a legal precedent which thousands of people will be able to rely on. Just send me what is wed to me and I will go away. Failing this I have reserved time in my diary tomorrow to complete the court papers.

Boble's reply to Boble's Comment

Written on: 27/11/2015

I'm pleased to say that common sense has finally prevailed and the 45 day restriction has been removed, so I have now been able to complete the underpaid cash back claim form.

Watch this space for the outcome.

Shrewsburyno1's Response to boble's Review

Written on: 04/12/2015

you should of ordered through quidco they are better than top cash back they have online customer support 8am till 4pm and a call back service these services are available on premium membership not basc and the advertised cash back is prom.ised cash back with ao.com is £ 52.90 top cash back is no good

Boble's reply to Shrewsburyno1's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2015

I am pleased to advise that Top Cashback have now confirmed that the payment of £93.27 is due to me; so it now just remains for them to collect this and send to me.

Watch this space.

I am a premium user of Quidco, however, on the day, Top Cashback's deal was much better.

“poor customer service”

Written on: 23/11/2015 by shrewsburyno1 (1 review written)

l have logged into my top cash back account and sent and email 24 hours ago no reply l sent another today poor customer service… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to shrewsburyno1's Review

Written on: 02/12/2015

Hi,

I am sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations for your query. We do aim to reply to all messages within 24 hours but during peak times this is not always possible, especially during peak times I am afraid.

I do hope our Team managed to resolve your issue.

“So far so good”

Written on: 27/10/2015 by Gardner473 (1 review written)

So far I have never had a problem I am a bit worried after reading some of the reviews, but From my experience I have been very happy and would recommend to a friend… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/10/2015

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your experience using our site. I am really glad you enjoy using our site and are benefiting from the service we provide.

If you have any questions or comments in the future please feel free to send in a Support Ticket as a member of the team will be more than happy to help.

TopCashback Support

“Often not get adverted cashback rate but better than...”

Written on: 01/10/2015

It is better to earn some cashback when you have to shop anyway. Though I find that with toipcashback.co.uk, you usually do not get the cash back rate as advertised!!! Often the case, you will need to check and claim the missing miscalcuated cashback amount. Though still, sometime you still don't get that regardless of having paid for the annual fee etc. So only use this if you need to buy something and don't bet on it too as you will not always get what they said they would give - poor… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/10/2015

Hi there,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that you have not gone on to receive the expected rate of cashback. We are only able to pass on the cashback we receive and is reported back to us from the network, if this is not correct though, then we do have the claims system in place to be able to query this for you.

Due to the processes that we follow, it can take time for a resolution to be received to a claim and unfortunately, this may not always be the resolution that we are looking for, but where we can, we will always do our best to ensure that you receive the amounts expected

I am sorry to hear that you feel you have received poor support with this and it has not been our intention at all, what I would maybe suggest here is clearing your cookies prior to clicking through and purchasing, hopefully then you go on to see your transactions track as expected more often for you.

If you do have any further questions at all, you can always get in touch with our Customer Care Team on a support ticket and they would be more than happy to be of help.

Samantha

Written on: 20/01/2016

Advertising a rate then received less. Only where do you think the difference may have gone ¡!!

“totally unreliable - trust broken down”

Written on: 12/09/2015 by Kilgorejj304 (1 review written)

This lot used to be good.....the operative bit being USED TO BE. The team there don't follow things through properly or consistently, don't pay the rates they have advertised (I had started taking screenshots as proof!). They are impossible to contact verbally and so can answer emails to meet targets by just sending a banal and irrelevant response. The amount of cash back I am missing over the last 3-4 years now stretches to hundreds (one alone was for £100 from BT on it's own) Would… Read Full Review

HI,

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. Our Customer Service Team undergo at least 6 months of training to make sure they have the communication skills and knowledge needed to bring you the best response. Sometimes we can get it wrong (after all we are all human) but when we do we will endeavour to get things sorted for you.

Some people expect when cashback doesn't track as expected, the cashback site is to blame. I can assure you this is not the case; as a cashback site we want to pay you all the money we get from the merchant. When cashback doesn't track as expected it means for some reason we are not due the commission expected. We have the claims procedure in place so we can query these decisions with the merchant and their cashback network. But in nearly every case there are reasons for this happening such as us having to share the commission with another marketing source as the cookies on your device don't clearly show that we were the last site to refer you to make the purchase.

While I understand why some people may like verbal communication to speak to us, this is mainly due to the idea that we can sort issues out immediately which in a lot of cases is not true. We are always reviewing how we speak with our members and are always looking at member feedback and so maybe this is something that we introduce in the future, but at this present time we do not have any plans to open up telephone or live real time support I am afraid.

Written on: 22/09/2015

If it was an occasional issue, I would fully accept that we all get things wrong from time to time. They key issues are when you advertise a rate and then cancel it (despite the retailer awarding it), reduce that rate, or when the incidence of failed high value transactions increases. Low values seem fine. Interestingly, I never seemed to have problems at all until about 3 years ago. Now things are pretty unreliable and so the trust and hence loyalty has gone.
As for your claim re cookies, just don't go there. You have been the first and only gateway used and still failed...eg BT.....first and only click through to them via yourself as was following up on TV advertising not net. The problem now with TC is that it's always someone else's fault.......

Written on: 23/09/2015

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. One thing I would like to mention is that we do not decline or cancel cashback. As a cashback site it certainly wouldn't be in our best interest to stop members getting cashback as that is the whole point of our site.

You say your issues only seem to have started 3 years ago. When a member says tracking issues start from a certain point it normally means something have changed on their device, either their device has changed or an update to the device has caused the issues. Therefore it is definitely worth double checking on these things.

As for your comments about cookies, I can only tell you how cashback works and the reasons for it not working and the whole system really does revolve around cookies. They are a complex thing and even if you open a web browser, if you don't clear your cookies it is likely that there will still be some there on your web browser and this is why you need to clear them before you log in to make a transaction. There can be many causes for a last referrer however, like voucher codes being used that are not on our site.

While you may see this as pinning the blame on someone else, our site does run off commission. We don't decide if we get commission, this is down to the merchant and their cashback network. If we don't get the commission I am afraid we do not have the cashback for your purchase.

Written on: 20/01/2016

Ha ha ..we do not have plans to open a telephone line. I wonder why ...so you train staff 6 months to send useless unhelpful and down right lies to your customers... Great business model.

“Don't pay out”

Written on: 12/09/2015 by Woodme450 (1 review written)

In 2013 things were good with this company, since 2014 things have gone downhill. I have 4 cashback claims which are all legitimate to be paid, 3 of which are stuck in payable state but have not progressed further and one of which was declined by the vendor Hilton despite the booking being legitimate and receiving an email from them after my stay as follows "Good morning, Thank you for choosing our hotel and we very much hope that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/09/2015

Have to say, I totally agree.

Hopperbay's Comment

Written on: 14/09/2015

Yes it is such a shame they used to be very good.

Hi,

We are now a much bigger site than we used to be and this means more chances for our members to earn great cashback rewards. We have paid out millions of pounds worth of cashback and will continue to strive for better.

We are always looking at how we can improve and so please do get in touch if you have any suggestions on how we can further improve the service we have.

Hopperbay's Comment

Written on: 22/09/2015

Hi,

You ask how you can improve and I have just one small point. I appreciate the "human" response that you added in your third post below referring to my specific case, but please don't add a standard company spiel response here, it is not helpful and just angers people if they are having genuine issues. If I wanted a robot I would have bought one, although I'd probably still be trying to get the cashback on it over a year later.

My suggestion... Shut down ..and use quidco

Written on: 20/01/2016

Agree .reviews speak volumes..... AVOID.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that :( I have replied to the review you replied to and so this hopefully covers some of the concerns you have.

Hi,

I am really sorry to read your review :( One thing I would like to assure you is that our service has not changed over the years - if anything I would say that the service has improved as we offer a lot more merchants now and therefore a lot more chances of earning cashback. With the increase of merchants and chances of earning cashback does come with the chance of members having a greater chance of seeing their cashback not track as we would expect.

I noticed in your message that you said a number of your transactions are stuck at 'payable status'. I am not too sure if you are aware, but this means your cashback can be paid out and is available for you. All you need to do is request a payout on the 'Payout' page.

For your transaction with Hilton, if you have completed your stay our Team will be querying the cashback network to try and get your cashback progressing as soon as possible.

While I understand the point you raise about wanting real-time support, the issue would be making sure we respond to all members in a fair time frame. Also there are some issues that members expect us to be able to sort immediately but due to the cashback process it is not something we can sort immediately and does require some time. This in the long term can cause more member frustration.

“Nearly perfect”

Written on: 11/09/2015 by Lollipop2823 (1 review written)

I started using this site after a recommendation. I have purchased various things through the site. I had one declined purchase but after querying this is what arcuate sorted and paid out. I have received a few payments via the site. My one main complaint would be the length of time a payment can take from confirmed to payable. Just currently have two confirmed payments that seem to be taking ages to get to payable. Surely if it's confirmed it should be payable. Overall I am happy with the… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to Lollipop2823's Review

Hi,

Thank you very much for writing a review and I am really glad that when your cashback was declined we managed to get the merchant to overturn their decision.

In regards to payment speed and moving transactions from confirmed to payable, this is something we are always looking in to. As a company we do need to ensure money flows correctly and this does mean that we can normally only pay members when we are paid ourselves. This also means we can be fair to all our members. What I would like to clarify is that confirmed means the merchant has confirmed that the transactions is eligible for cashback, it doesn't mean that the merchant has paid the cashback for your transaction. If the merchant pays for the cashback at the same time as they confirm it we will certainly pay the cashback straight away.

Some cashback sites just have two stages; pending and confirmed and when this is the case I believe it means they only say a transactions is confirmed when they have received the funds. We decided to break up the system that little bit more just to keep our members further in the loop about their cashback progression. It is also worth mentioning our Faster Paying merchants - when you see this message on a merchant it means your cashback will move to payable within 14 days of the confirmed date.

I do hope this helps and that you continue to enjoy the benefits of cashback.

Matt

“Not treating customers "fairly”

Written on: 30/08/2015 by hzSinclair234 (1 review written)

Not treating customers "fairly". If Topcashback WAS fair they would stop merchants continuing to renage on perfectly authentic and eligible transactions. Have complained as Cashback declined for no valid reason. Pointed out to TopCashback who the agreed the reason they gave was incorrect but still refused to payout!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/09/2015

Hi,

I can assure you nothing is closer to our company than fair play. The situation you write about does seem very strange and certainly doesn't happen for most cashback transactions. It is very difficult to reply to your comment as I have no information about your transaction and so for us to look into this further I will need you to lodge a Support Ticket.

While in certain circumstances we are unable to query a decision even more, I can assure you every merchant on site has been added in good faith that they will pay us the cashback displayed. We do also closely monitor merchant performance and do query a merchant or their cashback network if we see something happening that we don't think is right.

Firefish1976's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2015

Hi,
Support Ticket raised but numerous replies just generic:

"we always recommend clearing the cookies and browsing history before coming through TopCashBack and making any transactions."

TopCashback just using excuses not to pay monies owing

Written on: 03/09/2015

Hi,

While it may seem generic, our Team can only offer help and advise as much as they can. Cookies are a really important part of the cashback process and this is why they will explain about clearing them. There can be different things that affect tracking but this really can vary from device to device.

Written on: 20/01/2016

Yes it does ...read customers reviews.

Written on: 12/09/2015

Sometimes the merchants bend over backwards...Purple Parking being an example but Topcashback can't be bothered to follow it through logically and admit when THEY got it wrong

Hi,

I can assure you this is not the case. We have a very strong fair play policy that business has at its heart. We want our members to earn the cashback and we want you to be treated fairly and will do everything in our power to make sure our members are always treated fairly. Sometimes we do get things wrong (we are all humans after all) But when we do, we do our best to sort things out.

“never use the cheat ”

Written on: 28/08/2015 by Caseygu288 (1 review written)

I have more than £300 claim for join BT, SKY, Uswich etc, I only got about £10 from some small claims. It is always better to go to the company or business directly for the cash back. There is no way to contact them. No phone numbers or email address. I wish I have never bothered… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/09/2015

Hi,

I am sorry to read about your negative experience with us :( We have already paid out millions of pounds of cashback to our members and so it is always disappointing for us to hear about transactions that don't track as we would expect.

You can help transactions progress by clearing your cookies and cache before logging in to make your purchase, as well as disabling adblockers. What I would like to assure you is that you should never be worse off by going through us and should get the same prices after going through us in comparison to not going through us.

In order for us to take a closer look into this I will need to submit a Support Ticket on our website. Our dedicated and trained Support Team will then help you with any issues you have. All you have to do to lodge a support ticket is click on "Account" at the top right hand side of the screen, then "Customer Care" on the grey navigation bar and finally "Submit support ticket".

Written on: 13/09/2015

Having been with TC for some considerable time, I would have to agree with the customer......the number of times that TC wriggle out of things is really quite shameful. IF, they were being truly upfront then they would actually speak to customers rather than hiding behind emails. I have even started contacting the companies where there have been difficulties in order to make sure they are aware of what is going on

Hi,

One thing I would like to clarify is that we do not hide behind online communication. We are an online company and so we find this the best way to communicate with our members.

Companies strive off reputation and it wouldn't be in our best interest to deliberately take or hold back cashback from members. Our company is here to pass you on the commission we receive from a merchant and we can only ever do that. Cashback progressing at a different rate to that advertised means that we, for some reason are not due the full amount of commission on offer. If cashback gets declined it does mean that we are not due any commission for some reason and this is something we can normally query and try and overturn through the claims process. We have a lot of members sharing their positive experiences with friends, families and colleagues and I can only apologise for you feeling like we don't offer a great service.

Matt

“ After purchasing my car insurance with Hastings...”

Written on: 16/08/2015 by andymc14 (1 review written)

After purchasing my car insurance with Hastings Direct via topcashback I waited the obligatory 3 months for the cashback to be processed only to be told by topcashback that Hastings have refused to pay up. This cannot be any fault associated with me as i've simply purchased the insurance in accordance with topcasbacks website. I would not have completed the transaction had I known that they had the possibility of not paying the cashback as many other insurers would have been cheaper. I lodged… Read Full Review

Topcashback.co.uk's Response to andymc14's Review

Written on: 20/08/2015

Hey,

I am very sorry to hear that your transaction hasn't tracked as we would hope. The tracking itself is not controlled by TopCashback but instead from a cashback network who base their decisions on the cookies on your device. For this reason we do ask members to clear their cookies and cache before logging in to make a transaction, as well as making sure any ad blockers are temporarily disabled. Not following these steps can increase the chance of a transaction going untracked or being declined due to us not being the last referrer.

When a transaction does go down one of these routes, if we can, we will certainly query the merchant about your transaction as a claim. As we are a fair play company this does mean sometimes it can take us longer thank normal to query a claim. This will be because we have been given an initial response from the network but we are not 100% convinced the answer we have been given is the final definite answer. I understand from a member's point of view why this will be frustrating, but we would much rather do this and try and bring a positive response, rather than bring a negative response that we haven't tried our best with.

I do hope this helps.

Andymc14's reply to Topcashback.co.uk's Comment

Written on: 21/08/2015

This is a standard reply ...they put the exact same reply on other review sites. Its a bit embarrassing that they have a prepared statement for reviews ready to copy onto where its next needed. For the record, for real people, i followed the purchasing procedure to the letter yet still find myself chasing the promised cashback 9 months later. There's no point advertising cashback if its a lottery whether you receive it or not. I filled the forms out correctly and bought the product...cashback declined 3 months after purchase. Total rubbish.

Topcashback.co.uk's reply to Andymc14's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2015

Hi,

I am sorry you feel that this was a standard review response. Every one of my responses are carefully written to answer the points a member raises. There can be indeed cross overs with certain issues and similar advise given, but this is normally because the members are experiencing a similar issue and is certainly not something I have copied and pasted. I have never done this for a review and would never do so in the future.

I am afraid I can't give you a specific reply about your transaction as I don't have anything to go of to find your account or transaction. If you want this to be done please send in a Support Ticket. What I can say is that technology is a huge subject and the slightest update to your web browser, anti virus or other software on your computer can sometimes have an impact on tracking. However, what I can assure you is that the majority of transactions that take place through us do track as we would expect.

The cashback process is not guaranteed, but what we have done is opened up the possibility for members to earn cashback that a website would have earned in the past without a person knowing about it. Cashback is not available unless you use a cashback site and instead the money would be given to another 'referrer' of the transaction. All we have done is created the chance for you to be your own 'referrer' and therefore receive the cashback/commission available.

topcashback.co.uk