Skinners Field & Trial Maintenance Reviews

Skinners Field & Trial Maintenance - Ask a question now

“happy cocker spaniel ”

Written on: 30/08/2013

Excellent product good price 1 year cocker spaniel loves this… Read Full Review

“xcellent. Previously my dog had a dry coat, since...”

Written on: 13/06/2010

xcellent. Previously my dog had a dry coat, since feeding him Field & Trial his coat is alot more silky and shiny! :)… Read Full Review

“Excellent produce. I use it for my Setter show dogs. ...”

Written on: 23/01/2010

Excellent produce. I use it for my Setter show dogs. They often have allergies to wheat and need gluten free. this product has no derivates, preservatives or additives and is Hypo - allergenic and gluten free. Plus as several other reviews have written lower protein. As setters dont need all this extra it just makes them hyper. Especially when they are young .

Its also excellent value and VAT free. I describe it as a Premium middle range dog food Hypo allergenic… Read Full Review

“the best dog food ever. great for working dogs....”

Written on: 16/11/2009

the best dog food ever. great for working dogs. ensures soft mouths for picker uppers… Read Full Review

“I have two 4 year old beagles, one rather prone to...”

Written on: 19/08/2009

I have two 4 year old beagles, one rather prone to putting on weight if I'm not careful.

Skinners Field & Trial Maintenance was recommend to me by two different farmers who have working labs and spaniels.

Beagles are naturally high energy dogs and too much protein sends one of them just too hyper. This Maintenance mix has been perfect for them both. I would even go so far as to suggest that it is the best quality dog food around for such a reasonable price (ranges from £14.45 - £15.99)… Read Full Review

“I would recommend this product for working breeds, and...”

Written on: 01/05/2008 by sally1960 (1 review written)

I would recommend this product for working breeds, and for value for money. But i did not know of this product until i purchased my puppy from a breeder of border collies, this product is not advertised in pet shops as they do not stock it on their shelves, and i think the general public (not just breeders) should be informed of this product… Read Full Review

“After trying many different dry dog foods, ranging...”

Written on: 24/09/2007 by Dogmad (31 reviews written)

After trying many different dry dog foods, ranging from the expensive to the cheapest, I've finally settled on Skinners Field & Trial Maintenance for my three working Springers.

Protein is a reasonable 18%; many dog foods have way too much protein, and I've seen them as high as 26% and 30%.

It's easy to maintain weight using this food, without having to resort to special diet foods, and of course more expense. The manufacturer recommends 170 grams per 8kg of body weight a day; this can only… Read Full Review

Jdeacon25's Response to Dogmad's Review

Written on: 26/01/2008

I thought this was help ful review as I have been thinking of trying Skinners Field & Trial Maintenance as I have three Golden Retrievers . I am currently using Burns but it is expensive to feed three as they have healthy appetites but are not fat and are very active. Will give it a try.

421934_Banchorside's Response to Dogmad's Review

Written on: 01/12/2008

Very helpful review and shows how much variation there is in different dogs requirements.