Aqua Credit Cards Reviews - www.aquacard.co.uk

• Customer service

Aqua Credit Cards - www.aquacard.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Aqua Credit Cards - www.aquacard.co.uk

Aqua Credit Cards - www.aquacard.co.uk

“Excellent credit building card”

Written on: 05/07/2014 by KaraMoore (1 review written)

When I came here to the UK nobody wanted to approve my credit card application. I've been with Lloyd's Bank for 4 years now. Even them rejected my credit card application. I've tried Barclays. They rejected me as well, then I saw an ad for aquacard and although I read some very bad reviews about the company I thought to myself 'what the heck' I don't mind so I applied for a credit builder card and I got accepted. My initial credit limit was £250, then after 3 months they saw how I managed my… Read Full Review

“EXCELLENT CREDIT BUILDER”

Written on: 04/07/2014 by Herndon485 (1 review written)

Excellent credit building card, £300 starting limit ..... 3 months later £900 limit given ..... 3 more months later £1500 limit given. Customer services fine, no problems, as long as you pay it every month you have no problems from them. Much better company that the other bad credit providers… Read Full Review

“Good file builder ”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by LFCLFC (2 reviews written)

Just had a quick read of reviews on here and can't say I've encountered any problems as of yet. I started with a low limit December/13 and 6 month on just had my 2nd automatic limit raise to £1800. I always pay well before due and have a direct debit set up for the minimum payment just to be safe. The Apr rates are pretty horific but if using the card as a credit builder (as advertised) and you pay the whole balance off or leave a little bit on, you don't pay the interest and it certainly… Read Full Review

“Good file builder ”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by LFCLFC (2 reviews written)

“Customer Service LINE not available”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by yulanda (1 review written)

Tried to use my card at the cash point and purchase goods over the internet, my card would get declined and will constantly say contact issuer. Tried to call customer helpline number more than once, they ask for my 16 digit number, they will then say we are transferring you, then it would take me to an a payment line. I cannot get hold of them whatsoever, filled out a complaint on the website no one has got back to me. NEED HELP!!!!!… Read Full Review

“Great experience with Aqua”

Written on: 16/06/2014 by maquinn1974 (1 review written)

I have had my Aqua classic card for about 6 months, I had one 5 years ago and was made insolvent so I was surprised to get another after my last one went as part of my insolvency in 2009. My credit limit was £250 to start, I always make the minimum payment then I also make additional payments to clear the balance before the statement date of around the 18th of each month, so the interest is minimal. Now 6 months on I have a credit limit of £1200. Customer services have always been great in… Read Full Review

Yulanda's Response to maquinn1974's Review

Written on: 17/06/2014

what number did you call for customer service. When I tried to call the 0845, it redirects you to a repayment line which is not what i want

Maquinn1974's reply to Yulanda's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2014

[Removed] is the number Ive always used without any issues, sometimes takes a while to answer, I also use my account online.

“Update on Aqua”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by SophieMills (1 review written)

Further to my last. I paid off my full ballance and requested aqua to cancel my account. They refuse to do so. Any one has next step advice,I would like to hear from you… Read Full Review

Reginamarlow's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2014

Closed mine today without any problem. I was told a letter confirming the account closure will arrive within the next 7-10. Days. I would still receive nexts month statement which may have a zero balance or a small interest balance. I was also informed that I couldn't apply for another. To which I informed her that doesn't bother me as I have just been approved for both a barclaycard and mbna card. Somewhat surprised you're having problems closing the account

Written on: 17/06/2014

i too was told i couldnt close mine off last month when i paid it in full. They have charged me £1 interest which i cant see how as i paid in full but they did and as i didnt pay the £1 interest they now are trying to charge £12 late fee lol

“customs service need 're-trainlng”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by Rogerx294 (1 review written)

I have 2 AQUA cards classic & advanced naughty me according to cs.even though about 50% of advisors said that there's no problem having 2 cards,until today when enquiring about an online problem the advisor informed me which one did I want to cancel after approximately 1yr of having 2 cards.so my question is what's the truth?? & how when applying on line it allows you to do this DISGUSTED Mickey mouse company springs to mind… Read Full Review

Nobodyspecialpat's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2014

I worked for them for just over 8 Months and I can assure you,you're only allowed one. Not everyone who works for Aqua are simpletons,just most of them. I personally was fighting a loosing battle,especially when the team leader was only 22 year old.

Mrnaughty's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2014

Fair comment I did say 50% of staff I hope I didn't offend.it was brought to my attention about 6 months into having the extra card that I'm entitled to only 1 but nothing happened until yesterday.when I opened the second card I explained to the advisor I wanted the same due date for payments as my other card he said that was not a problem no mention of only 1 card entitlement.so maybe you can see where I'm coming from.

“Be Warnef”

Written on: 01/06/2014 by timtom77 (1 review written)

Customer service is the worst I have ever had. Also,be warned. They gave me a credit limit of £1500 then informed me that the interest rate was not arround advertised 30odd% but 49.0%!… Read Full Review

“Disgusting!!”

Written on: 29/05/2014 by Jenlaw (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusting customer service! Avoid like the plague! We transferred over the credit limit accidentally onto the credit card so I was £152 in credit. They refused to send the funds back when i said I wanted to cancel the card!! Wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to take on a card with aqua!!! Loan sharks!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“Customer Service having a go at me, ”

Written on: 29/05/2014 by nyConnell378 (1 review written)

I just had my worst ever phone call to a company's customer service, I had forgotten my memorable word for the online account management, and the operator was interrogating that how CAN I forget that. He could not understand half of what I was saying anyway and the reply to the other half was pure arrogance. Fuming!!!!!… Read Full Review

Sharonsbigmouth's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2014

And? Report them,the telephone conversations are recorded,get that person reprimanded instead off mouthing on here!

“Horrendous company”

Written on: 22/05/2014 by Graceolivia (1 review written)

Shocking company to deal with! I would never recommend anyone to take out a credit card with this company, the staff are very rude and give incorrect names to customers, the company take out direct debits earlier than the date the are supposed to, the managers are very hard to speak towns very little help! The company will put charges on wherever they feel they can and the staff keep you on hold for over 20 minutes if you ask for a manager or will end the phone call. The company is disgusting… Read Full Review

Ratmanofscotland's Response to Graceolivia's Review

Written on: 28/05/2014

I agree with this comment completely. I even think that robbing customers is in line with their ''business'' plan.

“Sneaky, Apathetic, Clueless”

Written on: 17/05/2014 by ZeroPtE (1 review written)

I had their cashback card for a year, they closed it down for all cardholders regardless in January 2014. My experiences have been nigh on terrible. Called a premium line to active the card. Card was blocked for a month because they wanted to verify who I was after a few months using it (even though they were happy for me to make over 100+ purchases beforehand). At the time, I wanted to make a fridge purchase instead I had to get the funds elsewhere. The initial credit limit was just £250… Read Full Review

Steainsley's Response to ZeroPtE's Review

Written on: 09/06/2014

I started of with £250 then 12 months later it went to £1400 perhaps they're only after people who make them money,some months I was unable to clear my balance. When I received my quarterly bonus from work I cleared the balance of and closed the account. I don't rate the company highly.

“WORST EVER COMPANY”

Written on: 17/05/2014 by Thornton385 (1 review written)

I WAS ASKED TO SEND IN 2 FORMS OF ID WHICH I DID SEND BY RECORDED DELIVERY WAITED 3 WEEKS THAN PHONED THEM AND WAS TOLD JUST TO WAIT SO I WAITED ANOTHER 2 WEEKS AND STILL NOTHING SO I CALLED THEM AGAIN AND THEY SAID THEY COULDNT FIND THE ID I HAD SENT AND TO SEND SOME MORE WHICH I DID OBVIOUSLY NOT HAPPY BUT I SENT 2 MORE IDS THAN WAITED ANOTHER 2 WEEKS AND CALLED THEM UP AND WAS TOLD TO WAIT A FURTHER 2 WEEKS AND I SHOULD RECEIVE THE CARD LIKE A MUPPET I WAITED AND STILL NOTHING SO I CALLED… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2014

Exactly what happened to me except I managed to them to unblock my card after sending in my ID scans by special delivery at my own cost. I called them, no apology as if I was in the wrong here for USING their card. Best off just using your own banks credit card, at least their customer service can't be any worse.

“out for every penny”

Written on: 16/05/2014 by Millerdf404 (1 review written)

Easy to get the card but even if you pay on time they say the credit takes 2 days to hit account on their system - i paid by debit card to them directly - it's instantly in their account!!!! They speak to customers like idiot and like they are laying down the law but its their rules and they are there to screw every penny out of you. Avoid like the plaque - never spoke to such a condescending person in my life - must have been all of 16 lol I think the staff are brain washed. You've been warned… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2014

They told me to pay more than I owed them on my final settlement. Half of me is tempted to call them up and tell them how I feel at being told the wrong thing but I know their call centre staff are hopeless so I won't bother. Draw a line under this loan shark and move on.

Written on: 17/05/2014

They asked me to pay the late fee with my payment and when i said i'd close my account they said i can't as the late fee doesnt get put on for another 2 weeks. So they're getting people to pay for fees that havent even hit their accounts yet. They're a joke and have a very good system set up to get what they can from customers and customer service have an excuse for everything. Probably ruined my credit score in the process as it was excellent before i got the card and now says poor. Steer clear of these idiots - my guess is they'll give you a bad score to ensure you have to stay with them and why not at 40% interest rate. It's not like they lend much anyway - £250 woopie lol - not worth the hassle trying to make a payment (and it is a hassle).

Beckyknowseverything's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2014

Sorry you're wrong it does not hit they accounts instantly,it will show on your account as pending authorised transaction,it then leaves your account the following day and hits there account the day after! I work in a bank,so I'm afraid you're the idiot.

Written on: 19/05/2014

Mickey mouse company phoning people on Sunday mornings for £18 that they don't owe!!!

Got a call at home and then on mobile Sunday morning. I was in bed. After a lot of verification questions the guy asks me why i didnt make a payment for £18 (minimum payment) and asked for a payment now. I told him his company was a joke and i paid the balance in full during the week. After a few minutes he checks system and say thats fine. This is seriously a mickey mouse company phoning people on Sunday mornings for £18 that they dont even owe. So i used the call to get some information from Aqua and was suprised to find out....
1. When you make a payment it leaves your account immediately BUT ISNT AVAILABLE to spend on your account for 3 days... Why?? Because they ARE NOT part of the faster payments system so hold you're payment until they get cleared funds.
2. As a result of 1 above you are paying 3 days interest each month at 40% APR on money you paid them.

STEER CLEAR OF THESE MUPPETS!!!!!!!!

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - LIES, LIES, LIES”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by loWard167 (1 review written)

After nearly a year of owning card, Aqua decided to change terms and conditions and closed my account (I had option to open new acct, but no point as credit allowed so small). I had £100 credit due from cashback, which was supposed to be paid to me automatically in Jan. Called in Feb, told there was a "delay" in sending out cheques. Called in Mar, told would be in bank acct in few days. Nothing. Called in April, told same thing. I have had nothing but lies and/or incompetence of the highest… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2014

If you haven't received your cashback yet, call them up and ask to speak to a supervisor for them to transfer directly into your bank transfer. Many people have done this already (see MSE forums).

“not accepting online payments,huge problems with a...”

Written on: 22/04/2014 by 165McKinley (1 review written)

this is what happened to me: 1) tried to make a payment online with my debit card.the card hasnt been authorised,which is unusual because i never experienced any problems before.so i tried again after some time thinking they might have some problems with their website-and the message on the screen appears:"duplicate payment",however nothing showed up on my statement. 2)tried to make a payment via fast payment option in my bank.the money went out of my account and came back the same day. 3)tried… Read Full Review

“Vitkap”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by Vitkap (1 review written)

I receive Aqua at the beginning of January. Nice and easy application. This was my first card in UK since I got 5 defaults in 2011. In this point of view this is only one lender who say to me Yes!!! I tried different companies and always was declined. From start they give me £250 with 49.99% per year, you will say high interest ??? Yes it's high but if you clear all balance on time then you pay 0 interest fee. Respect to Aqua for another chance to start good credit history. Good customer… Read Full Review

Mikelowe0909's Response to Vitkap's Review

Written on: 15/04/2014

If you clear the balance of you will be charge no interest and clear balances on time! Ha ha ha ha coming from somebody who has multiple defaults you are a complete joke!

Vitkap's reply to Mikelowe0909's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2014

Firstly who are you to judge me?? Secondly I surprised about funny people like you!! The comment overall was about card not about me! Read one more time if you miss that!

Roycroppersstuntdouble's reply to Mikelowe0909's Comment

Written on: 09/06/2014

Well said fella! He's an idiot

Zeropte's Response to Vitkap's Review

Written on: 17/05/2014

That sky-high APR really stings when you can't make a full payment or your payment is conveniently delayed and goes over your due date. Have fun trying to negotiate anything with their customer service team.

Philcartright's Response to Vitkap's Review

Written on: 16/04/2014

The point is,you "defaulted" on your credit agreements! You defaulted because you couldn't pay your debts,yet you require more! I agree with the other comments,you are a "complete joke"

Kellythequeenofshopping's Response to Vitkap's Review

Written on: 15/04/2014

Defaulted on several credit commitments,and giving advice on paying it in full every month. You will not get a good credit score until 2017 at the soonest. It's a pity you didn't pay the other creditors on time every month,then you wouldn't have need to apple for a credit card that gives out high interest

“bad ever card ever experience”

Written on: 14/04/2014 by sdStuart251 (1 review written)

block ur account when ever they want. you will feel embrace on many place because you dont know when ur card is working and when not. and if u will call there customer center they dont know any thing and they will say you head office know why they block ur account, then why they have customer service center. at the the end there will be nothing problem and they will say u for security reason we temporary block and it will open in two days. and it will happened every week. u have to feel embrace… Read Full Review

Paulthepratt's Comment

Written on: 14/04/2014

Where you inebriated when you wrote this?

“Professional and courteous customer service !”

Written on: 10/04/2014 by AquaEight (1 review written)

Joined Aqua in March and had to call them today regarding payment due date, spoke to a very pleasant and charming fella, he couldn't want to do more for me, I think maybe something everyone should know reading these reviews about "their" customer experience is, that you should "treat others, the way you would like to be treated!" Nothing wrong with this company, there professional and courteous, that's definitely a top mark in customer service for me. You make your own mind up!!!… Read Full Review

Zeropte's Response to AquaEight's Review

Written on: 17/05/2014

You joined only a month ago from posting your review, I always spoke politely to them on the phone but as a customer service representive you should know your business. They explained to me that I need to pay a certain amount when in fact I had to pay my balance due minus the estimated interest fees. That money, I can't access because my account is closed and the only way to get it back is through the financial ombudsman. I had the same impressions as you for the first few months but leaving Aqua in the way I did was disappointing to say the least. Hope you don't experience what many of us did.