Dwell (Pre June 2013) Reviews - www.dwell.co.uk

Summary

Note from Review Centre: Dwell went into administration on 25th June, 2013. The Dwell brand has been purchased by Coin Furniture Limited.
Dwell - www.dwell.co.uk (Pre June 2013) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dwell - www.dwell.co.uk (Pre June 2013)

Dwell - www.dwell.co.uk (Pre June 2013)

“dwell vienna peeling”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by grahamkendall (1 review written)

We bought a dwell vienna sofa. Granted it was used but was less than a year old. It didn't fit well in the persons living room. It is faux leather and the quality is appalling. All the vinyl is peeling off. I contacted dwell and they are not interested as it was used even though it was less than a year old… Read Full Review

“rubbish products”

Written on: 26/05/2014

WARNING, do not buy from this company. We bought some kitchen bar stools, The seat pad dropped causing a large spike to come up through the chair, this was so dangerous! We complained to dwell and they collected the chair for analysis and offered compensation, then the company went into receivership and they refused to compensate for the chair, so we have no chair! Do not part with any money with them. … Read Full Review

Visit dwell.co.uk

“Terrible customer service and sub-standard product”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by Clancy186 (1 review written)

I bought a couch from Dwell 14 months ago, and have had nothing but a bad experience. Firstly, I spilt a glass of water on the couch which seemed to leave a large stained patch. Granted, it was my fault spilling a glass of water but I would have expected a couch to stand up to a bit of water as normal wear and tear. On contacting dwell i was advised that there was nothing they could do (even though it was still in warantee) and that 'in the future' i 'should be more careful'. Now, 14 months… Read Full Review

Visit dwell.co.uk

“white dwell vienna corner sofa”

Written on: 07/04/2014 by DevanBurgess (1 review written)

Bought a dwell vienna corner sofa. This sofa was used but only a few months old and in perfect condition with no marks. Was only sold as it was too big for the persons room. About 6 months into using it the white faux leather on the cushions had begun peeling. This has gotten worse and looks terrible. Very poor quality product… Read Full Review

Visit dwell.co.uk

“Dwell bed delivery very poor service”

Written on: 12/02/2014

Avoid this company! Bought a Dwell Maine Bed in their New Year sale, website stated it was in stock. After taking online payment, I received email from Dwell stating the bed was out of stock and would be available at the of January (30 days after purchase). Eventually I was contacted by Dwell who arranged delivered for 12th February. I was told the delivery company would call on the morning of delivery, I gave dwell my mobile number to call on. They didn't call. I took the day off work and… Read Full Review

“SUPER TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!”

Written on: 07/11/2013 by pane (2 reviews written)

Baltic Sofa purchased from DWELL. After few months cushions lost shape. Sofa didn't look good and was very uncomfortable. After many e-mails, technician sent to our house, MORE EMAILS, cushions where replaced. After nearly 2 years cushions lost shape and metal springs get stuck into your body!!! I sent them photos of sofa and they reply to me bellow. DFS guaranty their products for 10 years. This makes DWELL far away from the top players. No wonder they ceased trading just a while… Read Full Review

Dwellcc's Response to pane's Review

Good afternoon,

You will be able to contact your original card provider regarding having faulty products and now the company has gone in to administration.

There is some more information about claiming for faulty goods on Martin Lewis website.

Dwell Customer Care

“Overall good experience for me...”

Written on: 03/10/2013 by MuMu71 (5 reviews written)

I've only ordered/bought two items from Dwell (about a year ago), a white gloss dining room table and a white gloss display case/shelving unit. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones (going by some of the reviews on here), but I didn't have any problems at all with delivery & the goods came on time and without damage. I even changed my mind a week or so after placing my original order (wanted to change one shelving unit for another) & didn't have any problems doing this, although had to chase a bit… Read Full Review

Dwellcc's Response to MuMu71's Review

Good afternoon,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review.

If you do require any further assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at info@dwell.co.uk with your order details and we will only be more than happy to help.

“Disgrateful!!!”

Written on: 08/07/2013

I ordered mirrors back in April, the delivery was delayed and then I found out from the newspaper Dwell went into administration and I lost £300! It is disgraceful they were still taking orders when knowing they are going bust!… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/01/2014

I am really sorry to hear that you were one of the affected customers of the administration. I hope you received a letter from Duff & Phelps the administrators working on behalf of Dwell Retail Limited.

Should you require any support please do not hesitate to e-mail us including your order number so that we can review this for you, as we have limited access to the Dwell Retail system.

“SUPPLIERS”

Written on: 28/06/2013 by ELLIE11 (1 review written)

I AM ONE OF THE UNLUCKY PEOPLE WHO ORDRED FURNITURE FROM DWELL AND WILL NOT NOW RECEIVE IT. I WOULD STILL LIKE TO REPURCHASE THE FURNITURE, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO THEIR SUPPLIER WAS?… Read Full Review

Emmgee67's Response to ELLIE11's Review

Written on: 05/07/2013

Likewise. It would be good to find out the suppliers and still 0ffer them the business.

Dwellcc's Response to ELLIE11's Review

Written on: 02/01/2014

Sorry to hear you were one of the affected customers when Dwell Retail Limited went in to administration. Unfortunately, none of their suppliers would deal with members of the public as they only ship in quantities and not individual items.

Hatedwell's Response to ELLIE11's Review

Written on: 01/08/2013

there suppliers are in china !

“Been good for me”

Written on: 26/06/2013

I've probably spent about £6000 from Dwell over the past 18 moths. Things always arrived on time and nothing damaged at all. I was about to buy a coffee table too. Shame they've gone into receivership. Website down today… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/01/2014

Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback.

Coin Furniture Limited have purchased the "Dwell" brand and have been in talks with a lot of their old suppliers so we may have the item in stock you liked.

dwell Customer Care

“Sealing customers money”

Written on: 25/06/2013 by Harriet18 (1 review written)

Purchased table and chairs and a sofa, the table arrived damaged and sofa is the wrong colour. Dwell offered to replace the goods but they were delayed (I don't believe they were ever reordered) Anyone waiting for a mink sofa can buy mine?… Read Full Review

Dwellcc's Response to Harriet18's Review

Good afternoon,

Dwell Retail Limited did place orders with their suppliers however, the down fall of the company was due to them not being able to meet many payments.

If you still have damaged items you may be able to process a charge-back if you paid with a debit/credit card.

“Lies”

Written on: 24/06/2013

Lie after lie after lie with this company, order placed in January , items delayed 4 times so far, now they gone bust and I'm out of pocket, discrage… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/06/2013

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME. I ORDERED AND PAYED FOR A MIRROR £186 IN MAY 2013. I WENT INTO THE DWELL STORE BRENT CROSS AND GAVE THEM MY CREDIT CARD. THE SALES LADY TOLD ME THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY CARD. WE TRYED AGAIN AND SHE SAID THE SAME. SO I GAVE HER MY CASH. I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WOULD BE A DELIVERY IN 2 WEEKS TIME. I WAITED 6 WEEKS RECEIVED NOTHING. I CALLED DWELL CUSTOMER SERVICES ON THE 19TH JUNE AS WAS TOLD THEY WOULD RETURN MY CALL IN 48 HRS TIME. WITH AN ANSWER (21ST JUNE) THIS IS THE DAY THEY WENT BANKRUPT. THEY KNEW THEY WERE GOING INTO ADMINISTRATION FOR SURE. ANYWAY I DECIDED NOT TO WAIT FOR THERE PHONE AND DROVE TO THE DWELL STORE IN BRENT X AND SKED THEM FOR A REFUND THEY SAID THEY CANT GIVE ME CASH AS THIS IS HOW I PAYED. SHE ASKED FOR MY CARD AND TOLD ME THIS MUST BE A DEBIT CARD . I GAVE HER MY DEBIT CARD AND SHE GAVE ME THE RECEIPT THAT CLEARLY STATES REFUNDED THIS WAS ON THE 19TH JUNE 2013. MY BANK TELLS ME THIS HAS NOT CLEARED AS IT IS NOW OVER A WEEK SO NOT TO EXPECT ANY REFUND .

Written on: 28/06/2013

DWELL HAVE LIED TO MANY MANY CUSTOMERS KNOWING THEY WERE IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE. THEY TOOK MY DEBIT CARD AND CREDITED MY BANK ACCOUNT. OVER ONE WEEK AGO. MY BANK TELLS ME IT NEVER WENT THROUGH.

Written on: 02/01/2014

Sorry to hear this, did you manage to obtain a charge-back from your card provider?

If you paid by cash please contact us or e-mail us and we will see what we can do for you.

Written on: 04/01/2014

hello thankyou
I wanted to pay by credit card when I purchased the mirror but they said there machine is not working. I thought this was strange as I had funds in there. they wanted cash. then a a little later I asked for a refund and they asked for my card as could not give cash I gave them my card which I have the receipt for and no payment was made there end . I still want the mirror. please could you call me?

Written on: 06/01/2014

Hi,

Could you please provide me with your order number as we have limited access to Dwell Retails old system?

If you don't have this can you please e-mail info@dwell.co.uk and provide us with your address details and within the e-mail please include we have been talking on the Review Center.

Thanks

Written on: 28/06/2013

I THINK WE SHOULD REPORT DWELL.

Hi,

No one within Customer Services or indeed the stores knew the business was going in to administration.

You have stated that you have paid by cash did you contact us once we had brought the brand, if not please call Customer Care or e-mail us and we will see what we can do for you.

Dwell Customer Care

“So annoyed by recent closure!!!! ”

Written on: 22/06/2013 by Loura2013 (1 review written)

I purchased a vase back in mid April. I did it over the phone and was told the product was on back order but that it had an estimated delivery time of 8 weeks and that it "had been so popular" they had a delay on the item!! The reality is that the supplier of this item clearly hadn't been paid so therefore no product for Dwell to sell in the first place!!! How disgusting that they should take payments, even still adding a delivery charge to your item?! Sadly ill pay the price as I didn't… Read Full Review

“Dwell you better Avoid”

Written on: 22/06/2013

Order a chair for my son's 8th birthday (which is in September) ,back in April they have changed the delivery date 4 x,when I phoned 2x weeks ago they said it had been shipped and was in a container dock side! Now they have gone bust! Just hope I can get my money back through the credit card consumer act 75? Totally let down- how dare they take money with no extension of for filling orders! … Read Full Review

“no suprise..no product!!”

Written on: 22/06/2013

I purchased and paid for a 3D cube box art picture from Dwell at Fort Dunlop.Birmingham on 12th January 2013.I was told it was out of stock but should be in store within 4-6 weeks.We then were told it could be a couple of weeks later.I rang and spoke to Head office to find out when it was likely to be available for me to collect,and not unsuprisingly ,had a very non committal and unhelpful young girl who didnt seem to know or care about customer service. I then decided to deal with my local… Read Full Review

Mimista's Comment

Written on: 10/07/2013

I bought the same item was told the same story shame on them

C_Bram's Comment

Written on: 13/02/2014

Yeah exact same I paid cash and can't find receipt ... Anyone get anywhere with this?

“Finished”

Written on: 20/06/2013 by Staceysmacey (1 review written)

They have ceased trading today which comes as no surprise ! They have virtually taken customers hard earned money and were still taking big orders when I visited the Westfield Stratford store on Sunday . They sold lovely items but expanded too much and could not meet demands… Read Full Review

Visit dwell.co.uk

“WORST SERVICE EVER - AVOID”

Written on: 18/06/2013

No matter how much you like the item dont bother ordering from this useless company. I ordered in Feb with a 4 week wait on the item being in stock. This has now extended to the end of August. It goes without saying i have cencelled my order however i fear i will be waiting several months for them to return funds as its been over a week since they issued the refund. Just called them now and was advised that it depends on my bank.... this is a lie as they processed my last refund which hit my… Read Full Review

“DANGER AVOID ”

Written on: 14/06/2013

They say waiting in customs more than 6 months after ordering.Delivery dates just keep being put back and back. I do not believe their excuses anymore . They take payments in full when you order , unlike reputable firms like John Lewis who only take payment when they dispatch. This looks like a firm who are about to go bust anytime soon AVOID… Read Full Review

“DONT SHOP AT DWELL!”

Written on: 12/06/2013

I placed my order with Dwell online on May 5th spent over £1000 and was told i would get my 3 items on June 8th. On the off chance i thought i would check the order a few weeks after and noticed it had been put back to July... I checked again a few weeks after that and saw my order had been put back to August 1st.... I emailed them and received a phone call from a girl who was really unhelpful but said 'August isn't even a definite date'.. right. I checked the order progress last week and… Read Full Review

Visit dwell.co.uk

“Regulators should get involved”

Written on: 11/06/2013

Initially items stated on the website as "in stock" and would be delivered within 2-3 weeks. Order placed in Jan, 5 months now still telling me they are "expecting" delivery to their warehouse. If you call them they will just tell you they cannot guarantee anything even they are "expecting" delivery within weeks. Words are chosen so carefully that the guy/girls I contacted seems just reading a script. Order delivery dates got pushed back multiple & multiple times. This is pure product/service… Read Full Review

Snats1's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2013

Hi, out of interest are you waiting for some rocker chairs from Dwell?

I placed an order for 2no chairs on 25th February and still haven't received them! The delivery date keeps getting changed and noone notifies me - even though apparently email notifications are automated - lies!

Actually got a phonecall from Dwell today to tell me it will be at least 3 weeks from now even though they can't tell me if the order is still on the sea (from China), in the warehouse or somewhere else.

I've never experienced anything like it!

dwell.co.uk