Surf & Turf, St. Ives Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Surf and Turf, St. Ives - Ask a question now

“I love the menu and think it's good value for the...”

Written on: 23/02/2010

I love the menu and think it's good value for the quality but why must they have such uncomfortable chairs? Do the owners care more about the look of the furniture than the comfort of their paying guests or is it a deliberate ploy to ensure we don't stay too long? I'd eat here far more often if I didn't have to give my poor aching back time to recover between visits… Read Full Review

“The service was very very good, being a waitress...”

Written on: 21/02/2009 by emting (1 review written)

The service was very very good, being a waitress myself I am very judgmental and thought they were extremely helpful and friendly :), there was a large choice on the menu and the venue is very well decorated and extremely clean. The food was ok, however for the price I have eaten better, the food was not very well presented and made it a bit off putting, but as we were a large table I understood this. I enjoyed the meal and thought Surf and Turf in St. Ives was a very lovely restaurant and… Read Full Review

“Surf and Turf in St. Ives offer amazing service, great...”

Written on: 24/12/2007 by Simon page (1 review written)

Surf and Turf in St. Ives offer amazing service, great fresh food and they accommodated for my fussy eating habits. Loads to choose from. I will definitely be back!!!… Read Full Review

“Our evening out represented poor value for money £110...”

Written on: 17/12/2007

Our evening out represented poor value for money £110 for two courses, plus wine). Setting is lovely, company was great, but the meal was very ordinary.

With the amount of local hype they had generated we expected a lot better. Service was arrogant and pompous. Having the menu explained to us was like being at a Harvester. Even though the recommended wine was a Rioja Reserva, the proprietress later informed us that none of their red wines were oaked!

Whilst the ingredients were good, our… Read Full Review

“4 Of us had the best meal out ever! The fish was...”

Written on: 10/12/2007 by hannahlewis (1 review written)

4 Of us had the best meal out ever! The fish was beautiful the steaks were delicious!!!
The staff there are attentive and professional! Brilliant you must go!!! This is a fantastic little restaurant!!!… Read Full Review

“We booked a table at Surf and Turf in St. Ives for...”

Written on: 08/09/2007 by bunnykin (1 review written)

We booked a table at Surf and Turf in St. Ives for 9pm. We arrived at 9pm, and we were seated immediately. There were 7 in our party.

We had been talking for 10 minutes when someone came to ask for drinks and to give us a menu.

The drinks were reasonably priced (alcohol free beer was £1.75, and a bottle of good wine £12.50).

We ordered our food, which arrived at about quarter past 10. We were starving.

We had ordered from the limited menu (steaks or prawn, crevette, langoustines) across… Read Full Review