Nationwide Debit Card Reviews

Nationwide Debit Card - Ask a question now

“Nationwide debit card. ”

Written on: 20/01/2010

Nationwide debit card.
I have been with Nationwide for two decades. I have two accounts, plus an isa and my daughter's account. I have never been in debt and have no,as never required, overdraft facillities.
Just before Christmas asked to apply for a debit card. This was to make purchases online. Already have the standard cash machine flex account so just an upgrade really. First I was told I did not have enough money going through the accounts on a regular basis. When this changed, I asked… Read Full Review

“Applied for the flex account after being with Abbey...”

Written on: 19/09/2009

Applied for the flex account after being with Abbey with an embarrasing Visa Electron card !!! And However I had a £500 overdraft would not upgrade me to a normal Visa Debit card so I applied to nationwide Got a visa debit card and very surprised a £100 pound cheque guarantee card and a £750 overdraft and english call centre;s and they also changed all my direct debits over to my new account am really happy with them but I will say credit is a very strange thing to get especially with the… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Nationwide's Flex Account is advertised as including a...”

Written on: 15/06/2009 by letik (14 reviews written)

Nationwide's Flex Account is advertised as including a debit card. However when you open the account they give you only an ATM card. Their web site states that the debit card can only be obtained minimum 7 months after the Flex Account is opened, although this is not stated on the Flex Account page! 7 month later, after saving thousands in the account and in an e-Savings account I duly requested a debit card, but was denied, "Sorry, there has been too little activity on your account. Come back… Read Full Review

“I like Nationwide, they are very good with money and...”

Written on: 03/04/2008 by rowey (1 review written)

I like Nationwide, they are very good with money and help a lot of people… Read Full Review

Letik's Response to 356459_rowey's Review

Written on: 27/04/2008

The Nationwide Debit Card seems to offer the best value for non-GBP payments. They don't use the foreignness of the currency as an excuse to fleece the customer under the flimsy guise of "conversion charges", the way other UK banks do. But bear in mind that you may not get a debit card until seven months after opening an account (source: current account FAQ).