Fins Spreads Reviews - www.finspreads.com

Fins Spreads www.finspreads.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fins Spreads www.finspreads.com

Fins Spreads www.finspreads.com

“i hadnt used my account for a while so Finspeads just...”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by alungriff (1 review written)

i hadnt used my account for a while so Finspeads just decided to change the terms and conditions of there account giving themselves the right to pocket the money standing to credit of my account… Read Full Review

“Avoid at all costs. ”

Written on: 10/05/2011

Avoid at all costs.
I have been a spreadbetter for several years and my view is that Finspreads is way below par for an acceptable experience!
Platform instability and log-on in busy periods is a norm. But the real disgrace is their treatment of dividends.
Finspreads policy is to treat an investment as not having any rights to dividends and consequently mark down your bet and scoop the rewards for themselves. Contrast this treatment with other spreadbetters and you will realise that you are… Read Full Review

Jmarke's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2014

Indeed! They should be avoided. A very fraudulent financial spread betting company in my experience. The Financial Conducts Authority should disallow them from operating.

“Platform unstable - frequent drop-outs, freezing of...”

Written on: 29/04/2011

Platform unstable - frequent drop-outs, freezing of platform (especially when in profit thus preventing taking the win or during times of peak activity, preventing you making easy trades. And they will deny it is happening, even when presented with evidence. Avoid… Read Full Review

Jmarke's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2014

Your experience is so spot on with their practices. I wonder how they are allowed to operate as a financial spread betting company? Are there no regulations to guard against this sort of dubious practices?

I opened an account with them in April 2014 because I wanted to take advantage of trading their low pips (10/20 pence) to familiarize myself with certain financial instruments. I realised they were dubious when trading the CAC 40 index and was in negative balance on their platform whilst at the same entry on ETX capital I was in profit. I called them to ask about the huge price difference and they said different platforms offer different prices. What was so odd was that the price difference only happened once the price started moving in my favour into a profit. They still charged me dividends fees for that trade. Their platform is so mediocre and will crash 100 times a day. ETX remains my preferred trading platform. I only use finspread to gain experience on new financial instruments trading very little pips.

“I've been using FinSpreads for several years now and...”

Written on: 10/01/2011

I've been using FinSpreads for several years now and may say that they are one of the more reliable spread betting companies out there. While I had various issues with them in the past, I can't say that they are much worse than the top dogs, and compared with the rest of the pack are rated at the top for their spreads, margins and range of instruments. With stop and limit orders placed at the right time, you won't have problems closing positions. Execution side of the business is good - again… Read Full Review

“I am a professional Forex trader & my advice is to...”

Written on: 11/10/2010

I am a professional Forex trader & my advice is to avoid this broker unless you want to lose money. This broker uses all the dirty tricks in the book to take your money; interface freezes so positions are locked while in profit so unable to close & then unfreeze when in loss, prices on the dashboard do not match the charts, price spikes knock out stops that are not on superior charting packages or on superior brokers, etc, etc, ect… Read Full Review

“Finspreads is brilliant - if you like losing money!...”

Written on: 08/07/2010

Finspreads is brilliant - if you like losing money! Sure they give you £100 but it will quickly go. Over a year I had problems with:
1) Getting in and out of markets as their computer system would not give me access.
2) Positions closed as I "didn't have enough margin"
3) Getting bumped out of trades after intra-day spikes that seemed to have been manufactured to close out people's positions automatically.
4) Rolling spreads that were closed out at day end creating losses.

You are guaranteed… Read Full Review

“I've been using Finspreads for a couple of years, and...”

Written on: 08/05/2010

I've been using Finspreads for a couple of years, and although their platform is good and margins are tight (especially recently - e.g. 1pt spread on FTSE rolling spread), they are SADLY let down by instability of their servers. I'd say that about 90% of the time it's fine, but if you make several trades a day and usually have the graph sitting on your screen all day it really isn't up to scratch. The platform regularly disconnects - for anything from a few seconds to many minutes - and quite… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2011

yea, noticed the platform goes out of sink, usually only when markets are rapidly moving **freeze out** **moved on within 3 seconds** or **doesn't appear & disappear for 10-15mins**

also found out only 1.5% of people ever actually get into credit with this organisation over a 3 year period! occasional wins happen, usually there short lived.

only reason I can see trading here is due low margin and 50p minimum trade, just be careful as it allows you to risk more and give false security **remember with the freeze out, you can't get out if it all goes south, at least not quickly**

you say ETX capital might be worth a go :-)

“For ease of use, and a straight forward platform...”

Written on: 10/12/2009

For ease of use, and a straight forward platform finspreads would win hands down in my opinion.

The problem is trying to log on.
Their site is almost impossible to get onto, and when you do manage to log on after a while the whole thing just stops working, you need to log out and log back in to get it to refresh, and yes you guessed it.... it doesn't let you back in.

It has taken me over an hour to get back onto their site when it freezes up, and the market wont wait for you.

It is a real… Read Full Review

“I first opened the account as I saw I could start with...”

Written on: 24/12/2008

I first opened the account as I saw I could start with small bets. I have been spread betting around 2 years after buying Making Money From Financial Spread Trading by Vince Stanzione. Had some ups and down but glad to say mainly up thanks to the great support I get… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Slow platform, click few times before anything works....”

Written on: 08/09/2008 by arhus (1 review written)

Slow platform, click few times before anything works. Tic charts will not come on, when on they stop working. Open positions one or more prices will stop moving. Unhelpful staff. Nasty waiting ring tone. I have terrible experience with this co.
I would not recommend to anybody… Read Full Review