Kawasaki Drifter 1500 Reviews

• Build quality

• Reliability

Kawasaki Drifter 1500 - Ask a question now

“unique look excellent quality great ride”

Written on: 30/12/2009

unique look excellent quality great ride… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2012

I've owned mine since 2001,
done 57000 km,
had to buy tyres,brake pads,1 front indicator bulb,1 speedo cable.
kept outside under bike cover since new,first time start ALWAYS,
still on same battery,
had it since new,paid £5,000 for it in 2001,at DK Motorcycles in Newcastle-under lyme,
was £8,350.00 AT North West Kawaski,
shop around !

“I own a 1500cc Drifter. Shaft drive (The 800cc is...”

Written on: 02/12/2009

I own a 1500cc Drifter. Shaft drive (The 800cc is chain drive) Fuel injected, starts on the button, even after weeks of nonuse. Fabulous machine, reminiscent of earlier Indians say up to 1953, but more akin in design to the revamped 2002 plus Indians. Perhaps Harley took a look at Kawas design and pinched a bit of spec??? Certainly this Cruiser has the edge over most biggies. Very light to drive at 30 plus, a little heavy at slower speeds but you acclimatise without trouble.45 mpg and a 5… Read Full Review

“ I own a VN 1500 Kawasaki .I have had her from new .It...”

Written on: 13/11/2009 by Pedals (1 review written)

I own a VN 1500 Kawasaki .I have had her from new .It has a 4 speed gearbox.
Lots of low down torque .I have rode her all around the country with little problem.The only problem i have had was the starter I have had new brushes fitted to it and away we go .I fitted a highway hawk pipe to her just after i got her sounds awesome even after all these years i cant get over what a head turner she is. I would never sell her, I would recommend a Kawasaki cruiser if there is anything like mine. Many… Read Full Review

“The Kawasaki Drifter 1500 is a superior motorcycle....”

Written on: 15/02/2009 by nickstnick (1 review written)

The Kawasaki Drifter 1500 is a superior motorcycle. One thing, it is NOT a chain drive, but a driveshaft. These are super reliable fuel injected motorcycles that are well engineered. They are big, comfy and look great. I have owned my 2004 since new and will never part with it. They are unique. Only bad point is I only get 48-51 mpg on my 1500cc Drifter..HA HA and that is the truth! there are no bad points to these beautys.
If you have the chance buy the Drifter 1500. They have not been… Read Full Review

“Don't bother with this USA Indian copy bike... its...”

Written on: 04/12/2008 by terence wilshaw (3 reviews written)

Don't bother with this USA Indian copy bike... its ok. But sales never got off. Poor resale values. Its really bad as in sad as its a chain drive bike and big mudgaurds cover them so adjustments are a right pain… Read Full Review

Malfos's Response to terence wilshaw's Review

Written on: 05/11/2012

You don't need to adjust the chain on a 1500 Drifter as stated by Mr T. Wilshaw above - because the 1500 Drifter has a shaft drive.
All the 1500 Drifters I have seen have been shaft drive,however the 800 Drifter is chain drive.
I don't know which Kawasaki 1500, the writer above is referring to,but I don't see how it can be the 1500 Drifter, because that model is not a chain drive.