Force Wheatflakes Reviews

Force Wheatflakes - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Force Wheatflakes

Force Wheatflakes

“Nestle just not listening”

Written on: 30/03/2014 by Devinu301 (1 review written)

I too was dismayed to find my local sainsburys no longer stocked Force cereal. It was simply the best and next to corn flakes it was my favorite. If they wanted to sell it, they could, advertising sells anything, so come on, show a little willingness and invest in this product. It's worth saving. Alternatively give it to someone prepared to make it as you're obviously not… Read Full Review

Joelli's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2014

I was in Waitrose today and saw that they are now doing a cereal called Grape-Nuts Flakes (not comtaining comtaining grapes or nuts, despite the name), by brand name Post, which not only looks alike, it contains the same ingredients as Force - light and crispy toasted whole wheat flakes with barley malt. I have yet to try them, but I think this is the closest you are going to get because I've been searching high and low for a replacement, without much luck! Also, I believe Waitrose brought this in a replacement because, apart from Sainsburys, they were the only supermarket to sell Force Flakes, and quite a few customers expressed their disappointment when it was no longer available there. Will post back once I've tried these! Hope they taste as good!

“Devastated”

Written on: 04/08/2013

The most delicious, crunchy cereal that is quite unique in the market place - all the teenagers who came to my house when my 3 boys were growing up absolutely loved this cereal, but had never seen it before - Nestle - it simply needs better promotion. It is simply the best cereal… Read Full Review

Joelli's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2014

I was in Waitrose today and see that they are now doing a cereal called Grape Nuts Flakes, by brand name Post. Unlike the name, they actually contain neither grapes not nuts, but the same ingredients as Force Flakes did - light crispy, toasted whole wheat flakes and barley malt being the main ones. They also look pretty much the same! Have yet to try them, but I think this is as close as we are going to get because I've searched high and low for a replacement, without and luck! I also believe that Waitrose brought these in as a replacement because, apart from Sainsburys, they were the only supermarket to sell Force Flakes, and quite a few customers expressed their disappointment when they were no longer able to get them there. After much frustration trying to find anything remotely similar, these do look promising; I shall post back once I've tried them!

“Simply the best!”

Written on: 28/07/2013

I wrote to Nestlé in 2012. There was a half-hearted promise of a return of the product in 2013 but not so far. Have tried all sorts of alternatives but nothing matches Force. It was always difficult to find stores that stocked it and on many occasions I came away with up to 20 boxes because I wasn't sure when I might next find some. Perhaps that was a little selfish but thought the store would be amazed how popular it really was. Obviously not, come on Nestlé!!!!… Read Full Review

Force Wheatflakes

“disappointment at Nesles refusal to continue manufacture”

Written on: 22/07/2013

These are a cereal beloved by all our family as the tastiest of all. Our children, now in their fifties were brought up on them and there is nothing comparable with them that can be obtained anywhere in the UK. Can Nestle be persauded to continue this line as there is a great demand for them? When available they were alwaya bought up immediately by grateful customers… Read Full Review

“force them back ”

Written on: 17/06/2013

Please bring them back best ever miss them my family have always eaten… Read Full Review

“i miss them!”

Written on: 08/05/2013 by tooty (1 review written)

please bring back force flakes..i love them..i hate fruit in cereals and all that sugar coated stuff is horrible..i just want a cereal that is really tasty and with no extras added..i have tried other wheat flakes and they are either of tasteless or rock hard..so please nestle bring force flakes back to our supermarket shelves as I am so fed up of eating wheat bisks!… Read Full Review

Force Wheatflakes

“Force Flakes should be reintroduced”

Written on: 25/04/2013 by DavidWJ (1 review written)

Force Flakes are irreplaceable. Since they have been discontinued we have not been able to find anything like them and we used to eat them nearly evry day in the summer and would happily have paid more for them. Why did not Nestle advertise them on TV as a really healthy cereal instead of all the over sugary rubbish that cereal manufacturers tend to produce. If they won't make them any more why can't they franchise the recipe to someone else?… Read Full Review

Dnlane's Response to DavidWJ's Review

Written on: 28/04/2013

I agree entirely. I have enjoyed them for over 80 years and as [name removed] says there is nothing available to replace them. PLEASE bring them back.

D.N.L. London

“FORCE WHEAT FLAKES”

Written on: 25/04/2013

I'm very sad at the demise of Force (and Sunny Jim!) - Nestle are very inconsiderate in ceasing production of this well-loved cereal. We live in France where most cereals are over-sweet or chocolate-covered, and one high-spot of return trips to the UK was coming back with aq supply of Force. Maybe if Nestle had included Force in their ads it wouldn't have had to go. I hope there will be a re-think and perhaps a relaunch?… Read Full Review

Force Wheatflakes

“Nestlé Force - where have all the no-fruit cereals gone?!”

Written on: 17/03/2013 by CatherineMc (1 review written)

I too was dismayed to find out that Force was no longer about. There is a gradual creep, insidious in nature, of many manufacturers to introduce sweetened cereals to our diets. I have tolerated fruity Special K (sugar) and even Shredded Wheat with fruit centres (sugar....). But I resent Weetabix with chocolate bits in (sugar) and now even porridge oats with fruit (sugar) are overtaking the good old plain, unadulterated cereal options. Don't get me started on breakfast bars.......!… Read Full Review

“Bring back Force!”

Written on: 11/03/2013

Since cessation of production of Force, I have tried various "substitutes" but they are nowhere near as good as Force. It seems absolutely mad of Nestlé to discontinue production of Force, as it had been on the market for well over a hundred years. It was perhaps underpriced, which. Meant retailers had no incentive to stock it. Nestlé used this as the reason for ending it, citing lack of demand. Well, the customer demand is still there if they are to check! Anyway, if Nestlé don't want to… Read Full Review

Columbus92's Comment

Written on: 18/04/2013

Can't understand why they dropped it! I have written to Nestle and urge everybody to deluge them with emails.
Never saw it advertised and can't find anything as good. Shame on them for concentrating on over sweetened highly advertised over-chocolated options...

Force Wheatflakes

“Give me back my Force Flakes!”

Written on: 02/12/2012

I am devastated to find that I cannot get Force Flakes any more. They were my Sunday morning treat - lovely tasty cereal. I was introduced to them in my teens when I went to stay with a friend and quickly got my Mum to buy them. People didn't know about them and I'm sure if Nestle had carried out some promotion for them, many more would have become fans… Read Full Review

Normanl's Comment

Written on: 17/12/2012

Cannot think why they stopped this product either , my Grandparents had it and is the best of all the "flake" products available - Have always found it hard to obtain and the supermakets ( Mini or otherwise ) always sold out of it quick when they did have stocks - Perhaps this is another cunning marketing ploy - Oh cynical me.

Alanf1463's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2013

Seems Nestle do not want to have to produce a cereal which does not have chocolate or cannot be advertised as having added this that or the other and have to sell it at a reasonable price.

Fancy, choclatey, frilly, funny shapes with bits added are good profit makers so Nestle decide they do not have to cater for the 'plain' people!

Npcoxall's Comment

Written on: 07/03/2013

4th March 2013
I also loved Force Wheat Flakes but unfortunately I have heard today from Nestle Cereal Partners UK Ltd Consumer Relations Executive that they have discontinued Force Wheat Flakes permanentely
due to low demand.

Ummsalam's Comment

Written on: 23/02/2013

Absolutely agree. I enjoyed these as a youngster and started enjoying them on a regular basis until Nestlé suddenly cut the product.

Please reconsider and promote a good wholesome and tasty food. If you want a sales angle then consider how easy they are for the grey haired amongst us to tuck away.

Stasntheman's Comment

Written on: 19/02/2013

There are some indications that Nestle are planning to bring it back. When I posted on their web-site they wrote a letter back which said that they might bring them back in 2013. Force Wheat Flakes are now on their cereals page but no further info. Perhaps we should all be emailing or posting on their web-site to encourage them. Meanwhile I still have the vouchers for Nestle cereals which they sent me but I will buy with cash as soon as they reappear.

“testing”

Written on: 21/10/2012

testing pls remove Go in to plenty of detail, talk about the key elements you like, was there anything you particularly didn't like about it? (20 characters minimum)… Read Full Review

“Bring back FORCE”

Written on: 15/10/2012

I’ve been searching and scouring all shop and supermarket shelves for FORCE. In the end I did an online search for it to discover that FORCE has been discontinued –how could they? I’m devastated. Please help, FORCE is the only cereal I eat, apart from porridge! I’ve been eating FORCE for at least 50 years. I’m in mourning for a life time best friend who is no more, and can’t begin to explain what this loss means to me. FORCE ONLY has FOUR ingredients – how many is in your… Read Full Review

Lainey290975's Comment

Written on: 23/02/2013

oh no im the same im so so sad to find out force is no longer available why!!!! no added ingredients just natural goodness pleas bring them back if anyone finds them e mail me

Force Wheatflakes

“BRING BACK FORCE !!!! - Force was my favourite cereal.”

Written on: 27/09/2012 by gmccaw (1 review written)

I am sooo disappointed that Force has been discontinued by Nestle (and have awful withdrawal symptoms). I loved that it was a genuinely healthy and very tasty breakfast option - I had been eating it nearly all my life (for nearly 40 years), my 2 year old son was choosing it for his breakfast and my mother and grandmother have also always eaten it for their breakfasts too. I am vrey interested to read that it may be back in 2013 - See 'Force Breakfast Cereal' Facebook page I have just emailed… Read Full Review

Shawnbuck's Response to gmccaw's Review

Written on: 16/04/2013

I absolutely agree. I've been eating this cereal ever since childhood (I'm now 55), and it's easily my favourite. Not too sweet, high in fibre, easy to eat and digest, and no artificial ingredients. When I heard that Nestlé had discontinued Force (and subsequently closed the factory where it was produced) I e-mailed their customer relations department in August 2012 to register my disappointment. They sent me a letter (along with a £6 voucher) explaining that Force had been withdrawn due to "very low sales", but that they "hoped to bring it back in January 2013". This hasn't happened as yet (qu'elle surprise!). If Nestlé had invested even one tenth of the advertising budget it allocates to other brands such as Shreddies, I'm certain sales would have increased (how about a campaign using the 1970s disco hit "Can you feel the force?"). Instead they seemed happy to let Britain's longest-established cereal brand wither on the vine and die - which begs the question, why did they bother buying it from the previous owners AG Fincken? I still have 2 boxes of Force from a batch I bought in bulk from the 'my supermarket' website after I found out production had stopped - which I'm now using sparingly to conserve them. They've just passed their 'sell by' date, but still taste fine, and I'm willing to take the risk! If Nestlé don't want a heritage brand such as Force in their portfolio, why don't they sell it to a smaller cereal manufacturer such as Mornflake or Jordan's who I'm sure would be able make a proper go of it?

Mooning03's Response to gmccaw's Review

Written on: 12/10/2012

My Late Father got his nickname Jim from the Sunny Jim on the Weetflakes packet but he was always smiling so BRING THEM BACK NOW otherwise it is like losing my Father all over again

Force Wheatflakes

“best tasting cereal ever.”

Written on: 23/08/2012 by Creativemum (1 review written)

I have been buying Force cereal for years now as I use it to make muesli.It has a lovely malty taste.I just add oats and nuts and it is delicious and needs no sugar.On its own it has more flavour than any other wheat flakes.I have only been able to find it at Sainsburys,but recently it just disappeared from the shelves and I was so upset.I have tried using crushed wheat biscuits in my muesli as a substitute but it goes too soggy. Maybe it just needs some advertising to get people to try it!I… Read Full Review

Force Wheatflakes

“different, delicious and authentic”

Written on: 22/08/2012

I am writing on my father who is 90years old and for the best part of his life has always enjoyed Force cereal very much. He is very disappointed that they are not on the market anymore… Read Full Review

Force Wheatflakes

“Bring back force flakes !!! Please”

Written on: 20/08/2012 by Richardswise (1 review written)

I have been buying force for many years. Intact it's the only cereal I like to eat. I have been disappointed of late to not be able to find it and have had to struggle to find other less tasty alternatives. Please bring it back and make mornings easier to cope with again!!!… Read Full Review

“fan for 80yrs”

Written on: 07/08/2012

my husband has been eating Force wheatflakes for 80yrs!!! so they must be doing him some good ! what better advert could you get .our grandson stayed with us a few years ago and had never eaten them before .he thought they were delicious and when ever he stays since then he has to have his Force breakfast!In fact we even bought him a packet for his birthday!!!but where are they now ?all the local stores are out of stock ! why?there is nothing to dislike… Read Full Review

“Force Wheatflakes availability”

Written on: 31/07/2012

I have enjoyed "Force" Wheatflakes for many years, now I can`t seem to find this lovely cereal in any shop. I wonder why? It has a unique taste and I hope that demand may encourage Nestle to produce this healthy cereal soon… Read Full Review

“What a wonderful name”

Written on: 28/07/2012 by ken1937 (1 review written)

I have been buying Force before Nestle took over Rank Mcdougall, I live in Ashford, Kent (where Rank were situated). I usually buy from Sainsburys and occasionally at Waitrose, of late, it has become increasingly harder to find it. I phoned Nestle yesterday (27 July) and was informed they had stopped production but would start again around January next year. Such a pity, I mow have to find a "substitute"… Read Full Review

Thecomplainers's Response to ken1937's Review

Written on: 30/07/2012

I hope what they told you is true I will chase it up as well, I was told by letter last week that they were discontinuing them with immediate effect due to poor sales! ??? really disapointed, why isn't it advertised on TV or given a good display instore

Ericamathews's Response to ken1937's Review

Written on: 27/08/2012

Thank you for taking the trouble to contact Nestle direct. What a shame! My local Booths store has had plenty of enquiries and complaints so the customers are out there - and they ARE IRREPLACEABLE.