Vivitar 285 Reviews

Vivitar 285 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vivitar 285

Vivitar 285

“As a manual flash I give a 8 point rating. The Vivitar...”

Written on: 21/08/2008 by photomaster (1 review written)

As a manual flash I give a 8 point rating. The Vivitar 285 is a great and powerful flash for the price. I have owned 5 of the later ones with low hot shoe voltage. They are sturdy. Nothing has ever broken. As a manual flash it is an excellent product. I have even used my own with my Panasonic FZ50 digital camera with good results. While there is some automatic adjustment thru the thyristor, you still need your experience to adjust the output for distance… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Vivitar 285

“My new Vivitar 285HV exploded and spewed smoke 5...”

Written on: 12/05/2007 by fuzzybearphoto (1 review written)

My new Vivitar 285HV exploded and spewed smoke 5 minute into testing… Read Full Review

Vivitar 285

“The old war horse u can rely on. I bought my Vivitar...”

Written on: 20/03/2002 by zaheer sattar. (1 review written)

The old war horse u can rely on. I bought my Vivitar 285 Flash Gun 2nd hand when i was learning as an amateur. 12 years from now, camera models in and camera meodels out, I never have dared to discard it.The best SEMI AUTO NON TTL flash on earth ever. The latest built-in flash SLR models are bound to dis-appoint u in contrary to manufacturere's claims.285 is the answer when u are not in a position to spend for dedicated branded ttl flashgun. Perfect sync upto 1/250 secs. Priceless gift for… Read Full Review

112550_Web Addiction.'s Response to 16475_zaheer sattar.'s Review

Written on: 02/07/2003

I had one of these for years. Great tool for powerful night shooters.

Srtuhsrth's Response to 16475_zaheer sattar.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2004

The 285 is still the most reliable and best all-round flash you can have in your kit.