Brompton M-Type Folding Bike Reviews

Brompton M-Type Folding Bike - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Brompton M-Type Folding Bike

Brompton M-Type Folding Bike

“The worst bike I've ever owned! ”

Written on: 19/03/2010

The worst bike I've ever owned!

I bought the M3 in December 09 with high hopes. I've had many bikes in the past, and was converted to folding bikes having owned the Dahon Jack and Speed 7. The Brompton frequently receives rave reviews, and I like the style and iconic design.

After just a few weeks use, I was already noticing how inferior the ride and gearing is to the Dahon Speed 7. I then ran into countless problems with the gears and frequent punctures (5 punctures in 3 months on… Read Full Review

Brompton M-Type Folding Bike

“I've had my ML3 Brompton for quite a while, and this...”

Written on: 15/11/2008 by hingysaid (8 reviews written)

I've had my ML3 Brompton for quite a while, and this particular bicycle was manufactured around 1991/1992, and still going strong to this day. All the major parts on the bicycle i.e. Frame, seating and handlebars are all the originals, and the only things that have been changed or replaced are the typical items that you would expect.... ie. cables, tyres, brake blocks etc.

I use this bicycle regularly in and around London and have found it a very 'complete' package, it will carry my frame… Read Full Review

Brompton M-Type Folding Bike

“In my view Brompton folding bikes are leagues ahead of...”

Written on: 22/10/2008 by gadgetjunkie (8 reviews written)

In my view Brompton folding bikes are leagues ahead of their competitors. None of the others offer the combination of ride quality, practicality, easy folding and transportation that Brompton offers. The design that lets it fold down to such a tiny size in seconds is pure genius. The build quality is superb, it feels like it will last forever and it's British made !
At first the small wheels and upright riding position take a little getting used to. The hub gear on mine has 3 speeds which is… Read Full Review