Accuvision Reviews - www.accuvision.co.uk

Accuvision - www.accuvision.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Two thumbs up”

Written on: 20/11/2014 by matt1121 (1 review written)

Really happy. I was nervous before hand but they were so professional they put me at ease. They were friendly, explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions. The procedure itself was quick and easy and afterwards I got good support from them. Would definitely recommend… Read Full Review

“Excellent”

Written on: 20/11/2014 by SimonJacobs_ (1 review written)

Had laser eye surgery, very good staff and great results… Read Full Review

“Best experience”

Written on: 18/11/2014 by NatashaSard (1 review written)

I had I had a consultation for laser eye surgery about two years ago but couldn't afford the treatment at the time. Recently, I have planned to travel to Australia and did not want the hassle of glasses or contact lenses while I was out there. I went to a few different clinics for a consultation but some of them were not able to help me because of my drier than normal eyes and they thought I would have 'corneal cracks' after surgery. I came back to Accuvision and they said I could try their… Read Full Review

“Dissapointed”

Written on: 24/10/2014 by jvDodd149 (1 review written)

Accuvision were recommended to me by 2 people and the initial consultation went well. Attentive staff and the surgery was a success too. However, I was left with a blurring in my left eye though although this was by design as my left eye was for close up work – reading etc and my right eye for distance work. Although I said before surgery I would rather have good binocular vision and wear reading glasses I was advised to take their professional advice and if I didn’t like the results they… Read Full Review

Mrbadeyes's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2014

Hello from a fellow Accuvision victim. I was treated appallingly by this company, so please google My Beautiful Eyes campaign manager and contact her asap about your treatment by them. She personally helped me and also has a good amount of info' on Accuvision.

“Poor Aftercare”

Written on: 16/10/2014 by bethechange (1 review written)

I have had my surgery done nearly a year ago (London, Wavefront Lasik). I have been left with an undercorrection and my vision is still slightly blurry without glasses. It happens and we all take that risk when we decide to go through with it (5-15% risk in the UK). The devil is in the aftercare. Accuvision claims to "highly value feedback on all aspects of the service they provide, from initial consultation through to surgery". That is very true, as my issues with the clinic started AFTER… Read Full Review

Mrbadeyes's Response to bethechange's Review

Written on: 09/12/2014

Hi. Could you please google My Beautiful Eyes Campaign manager and contact her asap about what happened to you. I'm an Accuvision victim too, and she helped me and she also has a lot of info' on Accuvision.

“Surgery resulted in permanent corneal damage”

Written on: 26/03/2014 by Zechariah177 (1 review written)

I consulted Accuvision about intraocular lens implants for correction of myopia, following a radial keratotomy over 20 years earlier. Their optometrist recommended a PRK procedure instead. After a successful PRK on my right eye, I underwent the same procedure on my (very slightly myopic) left eye. Unfortunately the second procedure was unsuccessful and I ended up with corneal scarring to a depth of 20% and significantly reduced vision in my left eye, from previously near normal vision. On… Read Full Review

“Couldn't be happier”

Written on: 18/02/2014 by Tracieh (1 review written)

I am (sorry was) very long sighted - more than +6.5 in each eye. For 44 years I wore thick glasses - from the age of 2. I was not deemed suitable for laser surgery anywhere, so I looked into intra-ocular lenses, but found my eyes were too short. Very disappointed, I refused to take no for an answer and sent enquiry after enquiry to various clinics. One day I got a response from Accuvision offering a consultation for laser surgery. I explained that I was +6.5 and therefore unsuitable (I… Read Full Review

“Very Mixed”

Written on: 14/05/2013

I had wavefront LASIK at Accuvision, Fulham a few years ago so some of this may not be relevant but here goes. Initial consultation was very good. There was no hard-sell and I left feeling very confident I'd found the right place. The surgery itself went very well. However, I don't think they made it clear how long it would take to get the final results. I would say it was about 9 months before my eyes really settled down. I didn't expect that. My gripe was with with the after "care" I… Read Full Review

Another_Reviewer's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2013

This lack of aftercare is exactly what I experienced, to the point that I would not have believed how bad it was if I did not experience it myself.

Bethechange's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2014

Hi, I very much share your experience. Please read my freshly submited review above. Regards.

“Exemplary Laser Eye Surgery Service and Aftercare”

Written on: 16/11/2012 by RonCD (1 review written)

When considering having Laser Eye surgery I went on recommendations from three separate friends rather than research and price. Two friends had treatment elsewhere and were not very complimentary about the clinics they had been to, my other friend however had been to Accuvision in Solihull and after listening to her feedback I knew straight away where to have my surgery. My first consultation was thorough, professional and I was made to feel at ease with all my questions answered about the… Read Full Review

“Life Changing Laser Eye Surgery”

Written on: 31/10/2012 by barrie90 (1 review written)

I was very short-sighted (-6.75D with astigmatism) and had to wear glasses since the age of 9. I also experimented with different types of contact lenses but could wear them only a few hours per day. Additionally, the correction with contact lenses was never perfect, so I used them only for sports. I know Accuvision as a brilliant symbiosis between WaveLight refractive laser systems and one of the world's best surgeons, achieving extraordinary good treatment results. Once I had decided to… Read Full Review

“Untrustworthy”

Written on: 21/10/2012 by another_reviewer (1 review written)

My consultation with Accuvision started with the scans, after which the optometrist asked if I had been told I had Keratoconus before. I had never heard of it, so he explained that it is a degenerative eye condition that can cause blindness. He compared my scans to scans of Keratoconus to back up his diagnosis. He asked if anybody else in my family had Keratoconus, as he said it ran in families. He said it was stable but that it may deteriorate, and need cross linking, at any time, with or

Mingbee's Response to another_reviewer's Review

Written on: 14/02/2013

Which branch was this from may I ask?

Another_Reviewer's reply to Mingbee's Comment

Written on: 15/02/2013

The initial consultation and diagnosis of Keratoconus was in Wetherby, then the surgery, and most of the check-ups were in Solihull. The only check up that was not there was the one that included the meeting, which I was told had to be in London due to the fact that they had not seen my eyes in a while, and the London clinic apparently is better equipped to deal with certain problems.

Hope that helps.

Mrbadeyes's reply to Another_Reviewer's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2014

Please google My Beautiful Eyes campaign manager and contact her asap regarding your experience. I am an Accuvision victim, and she helped me. She has a lot of information about Accuvision.

“Best choice I ever made.”

Written on: 01/04/2012 by Alecjwillson (1 review written)

After years of eyesight getting worse and opticians telling me it was down to age and nothing I could do about it. Saw an advert from Accuvision, wrote them an email and within a few minutes had phone call inviting me to London clinic. I duly made appointment and went to the clinic and after extensive tests was told my eyes were ok for treatment. I had my prescription sunglasses converted to plain glass as instructed and was driven to the clinic by family. The treatment was over in less than 2… Read Full Review

“totally agree with review, i had laser surgery and...”

Written on: 05/05/2011

totally agree with review, i had laser surgery and after close to a year both eyes are improved, but blurry looking at a PC and they have now over corrected my vision by +.75
Upon a follow up after 10 months, the Irish women you works there litterally rushed through my checkup and after 10 min told me there was nothing they could do, i litterally had to ask her what my prescription was and what can be done. After walking out i made another appointment to see Vic, who was a lot better, however… Read Full Review

Floopy Lou's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2014

I had the same experience with the Irish women, she was more interested in getting home then telling me what my prescription was. She in fact lied, my eyes were overcorrected to +1.50 and +1.00 and the astigamatism is the same.Apart from the bad surgery I was lied to at every appointment about my prescription, my poor sight was even blamed on air conditioning! I was told the prescription was marginal. I do not call those figures marginal.

Mrbadeyes's Comment

Written on: 09/12/2014

I had suspected for years now that as I got ripped off by Accuvision for completely wrong ops that there are likely to be more cases like mine, so I'm very pleased to have found this site/thread. As with others here who've had bad experiences with this 'clinic', I advise you to please google and contact My Beautiful Eyes campaign manager who has helped me so much over the last 3 years. She is campaigning for regulation to be imposed on the laser/refractive eye surgery industry as there is none (yes really none) at present. One top surgeon even states this on his clinics website. If I had known years ago what I now know about how risky these surgeries are, and how bad the so-called 'clinics' will treat their patients, there's no way I'd have risked my most precious sense being ruined and I'd advise anyone contemplating having ops to not end up having their eyes and lives utterly ruined.

“Having been told several years ago that Laser Surgery...”

Written on: 12/03/2011

Having been told several years ago that Laser Surgery was not an option. A friend of a friend recommended AccuVision, Wetherby. I made an appointment for a consultation. I have worn glasses/lenses since I was a child and my dream was to be able to jump into my car and drive without the aid of glasses or lenses. I was very much impressed with the clinic and staff who were very professional. After my eyes had been tested and checked I was told that AccuVision were the only organisation who… Read Full Review

“My 18 year old son was a +5 in both eyes.Optical...”

Written on: 25/06/2010

My 18 year old son was a +5 in both eyes.Optical Express would not consider him for surgery so after research on the net i came across Accuvision.They assessed him in Newcastle,surgeon was an hour late but he had a clinic in Whetherby that had over run,and he had then dashed up for our appointment.After drops and examination it was discovered my boy was actually +7 but they were confident he would be a good candidate.We made an appointment for surgery and the cost was no more expensive than… Read Full Review

Alberta90's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because...It proves the point yet again that not all laser eye surgery clinics are the same, have the same capability, the same level of expertise and technology. It pays to do a little more research into laser eye surgery for the sake of your future vision, rather than be rushed into it by some of the high street clinics - great review.

“I had Trans Epithelial surface treatment at the...”

Written on: 19/04/2010 by brendalev (1 review written)

I had Trans Epithelial surface treatment at the Accuvision Clinic at Wetherby on March 12 2010. I have been wearing glasses/contact lens for over 40 years and have always wanted to have laser treatment. I was taken to Wetherby by my optician from Newcastle and had expected to have lasik surgery but after scans the surgeon said that my corneas were too thin and that the surface treatment was recommended. The surgery took 73 seconds (yes seconds) per eye and I was talking about music to the… Read Full Review

“I had a consultation at the Wetherby clinic. After...”

Written on: 09/03/2010

I had a consultation at the Wetherby clinic. After months of reading up on various reviews and details of surgeons. I had already decided that I was going to go ahead with treatment, I had even checked out hotels in the area as it was an hour and a half to get to the clinic so I had decided to stay overnight after my treatment.

On arrival the clinic is new looking, free parking outside, clean and the reception area has free tea and coffee and a flat screeen TV on the wall. Very presentable. I… Read Full Review

“I was anxious about laser eye surgery as I have heard...”

Written on: 04/06/2009

I was anxious about laser eye surgery as I have heard some horror stories but liked the idea of a free consultation so I could make up my own mind. I did lots of research and initially only wanted to go to Moorfields but then I found Accuvision. Their results were excellent and they had consultants who also worked at Moorfields, plus they did a free consultation.

I went along and asked lots of questions and had several tests done and all options were explained to me. My eye sight was not that… Read Full Review

Irockie's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2010

Hello there, many thanks for your review, I got the trans epi treatment done from Accuvision London almost 2 weeks back on the 23rd July 2010. I read your review about this treatment and would honestly love to know more if this is ok with you. I know its early for me to have 20 20 vision but am worried as my vision is not sharp at the moment. My reason of worry is that there is no guarantee of laser treatments. I have been told that this could take weeks but I really need to know how you feel now and how long did your vision took to stabilize and could see clearly. Also please share any thing you can in regards to this. My email is amit786bagai(at)yahoo.co.uk Many many thanks to you and please do let me know in your spare time. Amit.

“Check out their pricing. £395 per eye is a promise...”

Written on: 25/03/2009 by chasletaxi (1 review written)

Check out their pricing. £395 per eye is a promise probably to clean your existing glasses. Ask others how much full wavefront treatment would probably cost for your prescription. Mine was £1900 for both eyes at -4.5 They don't make outrageous promises but give you more than you probably hoped for. From the first point of contact to the actual surgery, I have had nothing but great expertise and confident communication. I rang many others before getting to Accuvision and none of the… Read Full Review

Bikergirl's Response to chasletaxi's Review

Written on: 26/04/2010

Yes, the "from £395 per eye" I think is like car adverts when it says "from 14995" but the car shown is the supercharged hyperversion GTI all in!! I liked the fact that the pricing is clear with Accuvision much more than with some of the other clinics.

“Friendly honest and helpful. The surgery I needed due...”

Written on: 20/03/2009 by Bizzyme (1 review written)

Friendly honest and helpful. The surgery I needed due to my cateracts was done in a proffesional and very caring manner. I live in South Wales and the journey for check ups and treatment has to be organised as I cannot pop down the road. I have recommended Accuvision to friends who are fed up with wearing glasses and I hope they take the trouble to get in touch with them as I think they are the best… Read Full Review