Yamaha Soprano Saxophone YSS475 Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Yamaha Soprano Saxophone YSS475 - Ask a question now

Yamaha Soprano Saxophone YSS475

“Great horn for the money! I have played on other much...”

Written on: 13/11/2009

Great horn for the money! I have played on other much more expensive "pro" horns that I wouldn't trade my 475 for. Paired with a good pro level mouthpiece, I think this one is a real winner.

I agree with the other review that the action isn't as fast as say the "Pro" Yamahas, and certainly not as fluid as a Selmer. I play a Super 80 Tenor, but often prefer my 475 for solo work because of its nice light sound and unpretentious sound.

Find one (there are several on eBay as I write this), you… Read Full Review

Yamaha Soprano Saxophone YSS475

“It is a must-have for students. Don't even look at...”

Written on: 07/08/2008

It is a must-have for students. Don't even look at anything else. When I heard a student trying a Yanagisawa he sounded like a struggling beginner. But when I urged him to try the YSS475 he instantly sounded like Jan Garbarek . Its control is awesome. Most pros might do better swapping their more expensive Sopranos for this unpretentious little gem… Read Full Review