The Black Bull Inn, Moulton, nr Richmond Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Black Bull Inn, Moulton, nr Richmond - Ask a question now

“the Black Bull was recomended to us by a friend. we...”

Written on: 12/04/2011

the Black Bull was recomended to us by a friend. we had high expectation and it did not disappoint. The Bar offered a warm and friendly welcome, our table was in the conservatory very confortable but a little tired. My wife order the Dover Sole which was @£28.50 was worth the money for the Size. My Duck Dishe was exellent consisting of confit, breast and foie Gras.
to finish the lemon Baked alaska was sublime with an exellent wine list.
The service was friendly and efficient. will go back more… Read Full Review

“Level of service was poor with bar often unattended....”

Written on: 15/12/2010

Level of service was poor with bar often unattended. Waitresses were abrupt. Food quality was very average and given the costs we were highly disappointed… Read Full Review

“We booked very late but this wasn't a problem as the...”

Written on: 05/11/2010

We booked very late but this wasn't a problem as the place was virtually empty. We were staying at the Scotch Corner Hotel (would not recommend at all) A large party of people (who were taken to a separate area to us) were before us which led to us being delayed BUT they apologised & stressed that the chef didn't want to take on to many orders at once as they wanted the food to be done properly. Once the food arrived it was hot, well cooked & delicious. We were more than full when we left and… Read Full Review

“The food was unremarkable and expensive, there were...”

Written on: 12/06/2010

The food was unremarkable and expensive, there were only 5 people in the dining room and no atmosphere at all (some music might have helped) a half dead vine at one end of the room and seriously boring railway plaques on the other walls. The portions are too small for the price paid, I was given a glass of Pinot Grigio which was room temperature ! The serice was adequate but s few smiles would have helped. When we left the place was completely empty surely a telling sign that there is a problem… Read Full Review

“I went to the Black Bull on recomendation from a...”

Written on: 19/06/2009 by teesider27 (1 review written)

I went to the Black Bull on recomendation from a friend, having never heard of it before and I am glad i went.

I booked a table for 2 on Sat 13 Jun 09, and thoroughly enjoyed my meal, I eat eat out on a regular basis and would say this is one of the best meals I've had in some years.

I would highly recommend this establishment as a nice relaxed place to eat with excellent food and a relaxed atmosphere all of which comes at a reasonable price.

Give it ago you will not be dissapointed… Read Full Review

“Its ridiculous to say that the presentation is poor,...”

Written on: 17/06/2008 by jdavies23 (1 review written)

Its ridiculous to say that the presentation is poor, because its not. The black bull has got an extensive waiting list!… Read Full Review

Sludminger's Response to jdavies23's Review

Written on: 25/03/2011

I found this review not helpful because..."to say the presentation's poor is rediculous. They have a waiting list...". Ummm what the hell has a long waiting list of punters who may have booked to go there on reputation not experience got to do with food presentation? Sounds like an irrate owner to me at the end of service sitting too closely to the bar.

“I am devastated! I have just returned from a night out...”

Written on: 03/09/2007 by sharika (1 review written)

I am devastated! I have just returned from a night out at The Black Bull Inn in Moulton, near Richmond, Yorkshire, to celebrate my husbands birthday. We have been going here for 15 years; usually 2 - 3 times a year as a treat. We had heard that it's under new ownership, and we were optimistic that this shouldn't affect the quality at all.

I do not recognise this as being the same place at all. The portions were flabby and greasy, and I worry that this 'great institutions' days are numbered.

I… Read Full Review