Nikon N80 Reviews

Nikon N80 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nikon N80

Specification for Nikon N80

Features:
  • The N80 is a sophisticated SLR camera body that's designed for excellent performance with flexibility to meet virtually all of your photographic needs. Whether you choose automatic, manual or assisted modes, the N80 offers outstanding results
  • 10-segment 3D, Center and Spot metering for auto and manual exposure modes
  • Nikon advanced focusing in auto and manual modes
  • Uses all Nikon F Lenses (AF Series for autofocus capabilities) - Lens is not included
  • Comprehensive viewfinder information
  • Refine your search

Nikon N80

“My Nikon F80 ( the N80s designation outside the US) ...”

Written on: 05/07/2009 by ks22valluga (3 reviews written)

My Nikon F80 ( the N80s designation outside the US) was bought eight years ago and has been used regularly since. I have travelled round Europe on holiday where the camera has been subjected to vibration and extremes of temperature, altitude and humidity. It has never let me down, I mostly shoot with slow speed slide film which is very unforgiving with respect to exposure. Any mistakes have been down to my own error rather than the camera. I have used the camera metering in very low light… Read Full Review

Listyajaya's Response to ks22valluga's Review

Written on: 09/07/2009

I found this review helpful because...this is true

Nikon N80

“When I purchased this camera new about 5 years ago, I...”

Written on: 23/12/2008 by jmsurprenant (2 reviews written)

When I purchased this camera new about 5 years ago, I had a hard time deciding between it and the F100 which was 3x the cost. I knew the camera shared nearly all the same features of the F100, but was built on a poly-carb body rather than the metal frame of the F100.
    I expressed my concern to a camera sales person at Hunt's and he told me, "Buy the N80...if you drop it, buy another, you're still ahead on the cost over the F100."
    Excellent advice - I love my N80 and even though I shoot my D80… Read Full Review

Nikon N80

“I have had this Nikon N80 35mm SLR Camera for about a...”

Written on: 08/06/2004 by adambukaty (2 reviews written)

I have had this Nikon N80 35mm SLR Camera for about a week now, and it is a great leap up from the entry level nikons. Some consider this entry level, but this camera really has too many features for someone who is just starting out in photography - unless you are enrolling in a class that will specifically show you how to use a nikon autofocus camera. The n80 isn't rocket science, but when you're learning stops and lighting principles, filters and shutter speeds for the first time, a simpler… Read Full Review

Nikon N80

“Remember the learning curve for your PC? Thats the...”

Written on: 29/09/2003 by donegan (1 review written)

Remember the learning curve for your PC? Thats the feeling you get from this latest Nikon N80. The manual is not for beginners or for anyone who hasn't used this model before. The directions and language was written by the developers for other developers. It may be well made and the lens is good but the controls buttons are made to be used by Munchkins with big wide hands and tiny fingers. The first N80 body I bought failed in a week. Where is Nikon having these babies made lately? Slightly… Read Full Review

Nikon N80

“As a sports photo-journo, i find using the multi...”

Written on: 03/09/2003 by oniko (35 reviews written)

As a sports photo-journo, i find using the multi frames per sec function switch and the 5 focusing points on the Nikon N80 locks on to nearly every fast moving object i photograph giving sharp photos.
    in dim or night conditions the dim viewfinder can be a problem seeing whats in the photo area.using it with an sb 22 or sb 26 on programme gives well lit flash photos all the time.
    the small size and weight is great after a few hours walking around sports fields with two cameras with… Read Full Review

Nikon N80

“Nikon has a winner with this little beauty, the N80....”

Written on: 15/10/2002 by Humanhoover. (1 review written)

Nikon has a winner with this little beauty, the N80. It is packed to the brim with features galore. You can use a variety of metering options (3D matrix, centre weighted, & spot), so it has got enough ground for the beginner to expand to intermediate level. You can vary the focal point with a selector at the film back door, and lock it so you don't change the setting accidentally. Many photographers love the depth of field preview with allows you to see how much is in focus in front of and… Read Full Review

50520_Tom.'s Response to 43792_Humanhoover.'s Review

Written on: 13/11/2002

I could not agree more. I bought an F100 soon after it came out. A couple of months ago I bought an F80 for my daughter. I prefer it to the F100, even though you can buy 3 F80's for the price of one F100 (and still have change!). I prefer the F80 because it is lighter, has a handy built in flash, on-demand grid lines, better thought out viewfinder display, conventional threaded cable release, and a quieter shutter. It seems to focus just as fast, and judge exposures just as well as the F100. The areas where it is obviously weaker than the F100 (lens compatibility, slower shutter, slower autowind, not so toughly built) do not matter to me. I am about to replace my F100 with one!

51868_Jaye.'s Response to 43792_Humanhoover.'s Review

Written on: 19/11/2002

Hey, very nice review. The reviewer hit it on the head. This camera, sometimes referred to as the "little F100",is loaded like a "millionaire". It does it all, at an affordable price. Nikon did a splendid job in the
    development of this camera. A "gem", I must say. Hey, I look at it as the N80, being what the N70, should have been. Hey, Nikon got it right. A entry_level, pro_camera, as I would call it. This camera is no "chump", it fits into the camera game. And, it holds it's own, very well. I do mainly weddings with mine, and it really performs. Done a lot of shooting with this camera, never been disappointed, just mystified. Hey to make it short, this N80, is 4real. And, yeah "I love it"........2_death.

Nikon N80

“The Nikon N80 35mm SLR camera offers Profesional...”

Written on: 15/10/2002 by Charlie Whyte. (1 review written)

The Nikon N80 35mm SLR camera offers Profesional features for 1/2 the cost.

For professional SLR, this camera is extremely easy to use with the best layout of controls… Read Full Review

Nikon N80

“I haven't taken a lot of 35SLR pictures lately, but...”

Written on: 18/03/2002 by john. (1 review written)

I haven't taken a lot of 35SLR pictures lately, but when a trip to Sedona Az. came up and the red rock formation looked like a great place to start again, I had to decide what to do. A good break probably was a friend had gotten into photography a few years ago and told me of the Nikon N80 35mm SLR camera that he had read great reviews about. I bought one and, well, I love it. My father-in-law used it on our trip and could not believe how smooth it worked, and that from a retired engineer that… Read Full Review