Vauxhall Astra Mk2 1.3S Merit Reviews

Vauxhall Astra Mk2 1.3S Merit - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Astra Mk2 1.3S Merit

Vauxhall Astra Mk2 1.3S Merit
Vauxhall Astra Mk2 1.3S Merit

“I love the Vauxhall Astra from mk 1 to mk5 they all...”

Written on: 06/07/2008

I love the Vauxhall Astra from mk 1 to mk5 they all have the character of a European hatch but with all the sanity of a british runaround… Read Full Review

“my 1.7 deasel astra merit is a very reliable car for...”

Written on: 04/01/2004 by jacko005 (1 review written)

my 1.7 deasel astra merit is a very reliable car for its age its over 15 years old and has done 325,000 miles and still going strong its ok to drive will do 102mph its practical and very cheap to run. I think astra cars are the best second hand buys… Read Full Review

“This is my second mk 2, 1.3 astra now and i really do...”

Written on: 13/04/2003 by astra man. (1 review written)

This is my second mk 2, 1.3 astra now and i really do think they are sound reliable cars. having 125000 miles on the clock when i brought around a year ago it has now done 136000. The only thing which went wrong was the cambelt breaking whick didnt cause any problems as af the safe engine design. the only worrying thing is how hot they both got when in small traffic jams. although never letting me down i will not complain… Read Full Review

“the car was a free car off my mum it had never been...”

Written on: 05/08/2002 by astraman. (1 review written)

the car was a free car off my mum it had never been cained until i got it then i blew it up, shortly after this i rebuilt the engine since then i have spent around 3000 pounds on it doing it up it is now fast as hell for a 1.3.
the handling is amazing since i lowered it too. the only thing is as i said the carb goes rong very much.i have changed it alot about 3 times since i got it!… Read Full Review

“I successfully got 120mph out of my old Vauxhall Astra...”

Written on: 16/03/2002 by JesusSonnaGod. (1 review written)

I successfully got 120mph out of my old Vauxhall Astra Mk2 1.3s merit, yes, downhill, wind behind and no respect for the engine. It kinda blew-up the next day. What a laugh. Cheap at only £220… Read Full Review

27988_Alex.'s Response to JesusSonnaGod.'s Review

Written on: 15/06/2002

I got my Astra 1.3 to do 125mph on a flat without too many complaints. Most reliable old car I've seen; quick, loud, cheap, fun, safe, economic etc.

Muss.'s Response to JesusSonnaGod.'s Review

Written on: 29/11/2002

I've got an Astra GTE 16v and i can honestly say it is the quickest car i have ever been in.
I have a power boost valve added, K&N air filter, and an ecotect valve. My car does 0-60 in 6.7secs, and 1/4 mile in 14.6secs. Top speed of 143mph! There must be around 170-180 bhp! QUALITY!!!!!

39720_Craig.'s Response to JesusSonnaGod.'s Review

Written on: 25/09/2002

hi, i'm a little confused people on this website have told me that an astra 1.3 will reach 120mph but ive been doing some research into the astra gte mk2 and it seems by what ive been told that the astra gte isn't quite as good performance wise,ive looked up some stats for the gte and they told me that the gte will only reach a sucsessfull top speed of 104mph! but surely a 2ltr astra can do better than that someone please reply im confused!

37107_Astramodder.'s Response to JesusSonnaGod.'s Review

Written on: 09/09/2002

i got my astra 1.3l to 120 on the straight and have had no problems. For an old car they really do well ;)