AVForums Reviews - www.avforums.com

• Ease Of Navigation

AVForums www.avforums.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AVForums www.avforums.com

AVForums www.avforums.com

“I have been a member of both AVForums and Talk...”

Written on: 31/03/2013

I have been a member of both AVForums and Talk Photography for several years. Both have their merits but Talk Photography scores much higher if you wish to buy or sell anything. To buy or sell on AVForum you simply need to register which makes it open to abuse by scammers. Talk Photography on the other hand will not let you access their classified section until you have been a member 30 days and made 60 posts. This qualifying period is likely to be too much effort for scammers and likely to… Read Full Review

“Very poor moderators”

Written on: 17/03/2013

I was a member of the AVForums for 7 years with trader feedback of about 500 @ 100%. So could not have been doing wrong by other members. Problem I found it was one rule for a member and a totally different set for a Moderator :-( many times I caught moderators out for profiteering and withdrawing from agreed deals which would normally result in a ban for a member but not moderators. Giving them one star is one star to many and I would not recommend them while moderators like UrbanT and many… Read Full Review

Wassa's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2013

I linked the Admin to this review to get a reply of "well done anything else"
Just as I expected run by a bunch of IDIOTS

Smellydischarge's Comment

Written on: 18/03/2013

You sir, are talking out of your preverbial, and I challenge thee to prove it, as unless you can, you will ultimately come across as just another internet toley, and this "review" shall be but a shining example of why full lobotomisation should be provided at birth, for those of a stature such as yours.

Good day to you, sir, I must away!

“Beware. AVforums.com exist so that their partners are...”

Written on: 04/03/2011

Beware. AVforums.com exist so that their partners are their to push their products rather than a truly independent website recommending the best value products. Moderators will ban you if you recommend any products other than their own.

There are some good advice given but do do your research properly… Read Full Review

Glenc's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2011

I'm surprised to read this and this is not my experience of the site.

I've been using it for years and I've found it an excellent source of info

My only critisism, if I had one, is that it is full of real tech-heads so sometimes the advice goes right over my head.

That said, these guys know their stuff and there's often someone on-hand to 'translate' to mere mortals like myself, so for me its a top notch site that I use very regularly.

“I first came across AVforums when I was wanting to buy...”

Written on: 29/12/2010 by MrJiffles (4 reviews written)

I first came across AVforums when I was wanting to buy a new plasma flatscreen TV and started looking around for reviews of the best and newest TVs around.

I found the reviews extremely useful, and also found it great that you could ask a question and actually get great feedback from people who've had great experience.

One of the only things I'd say is that the forum is very active and there is a huge amount of views and reviews to trawl through, so you might not necessarily find the thing… Read Full Review

“I used AVForums extensively whilst researching a new...”

Written on: 28/05/2010 by Taylott (173 reviews written)

I used AVForums extensively whilst researching a new TV I was considering buying. It's a fantastic source of expert information made up of a forum dedicated to discussing electronic products.
If you are looking for somewhere to help aid a buying decision, then this is one place you will want to visit.

The thing I mainly like is that it is full of people who really know what they are talking about and there will always be someone who can provide you with useful information. Whether you want a… Read Full Review

Mrjiffles's Response to Taylott's Review

Written on: 29/12/2010

I found this review very helpful because it's really informative - thanks Taylott!