Toyota Corolla Altis Reviews

Toyota Corolla Altis - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toyota Corolla Altis

Toyota Corolla Altis
Toyota Corolla Altis

“I have only recently owned an Altis 1.6. I fell in...”

Written on: 25/05/2007 by amcdirty (1 review written)

I have only recently owned an Altis 1.6. I fell in love with it from the time I saw it on the net. It is luxurious, and very comfortable, I think I am the first person in Barbados to have owned one, it did turn quite a few heads, it is practical but different, a joy for us Toyota lovers… Read Full Review

“I own a 1.8G Toyota Corolla Altis (Top of the line)....”

Written on: 04/04/2005 by A5932 (1 review written)

I own a 1.8G Toyota Corolla Altis (Top of the line). Its like owning a luxury car, only smaller- A sunroof, a gate-type AT lever, and wood-trims- found only in luxury cars.
The position of the driver's seat is comfortable, which makes driving easier.
Its powerful- with that ECT set to power, its can speed up with ease to 120kph- it's still quiet even at this high speed.
Good steering- can easily turn in turnpikes and U-turns.
Its fuel consumption is very economic to a car this… Read Full Review

“The Toyota Corolla Altis is a good utility vehicle,...”

Written on: 18/05/2004 by fjaved (1 review written)

The Toyota Corolla Altis is a good utility vehicle, but could be improved on the suspension and braking system. At least the one I have here in Pakistan which is locally manufactured does not have a good brake system.

Unfortunately Toyota themsleves take 600USD extra for the perfect recommended system. Why don't they built it into the car ??… Read Full Review

“The Toyota Corolla Altis model 2002 is finally a car...”

Written on: 11/08/2003 by Lawrence (6 reviews written)

The Toyota Corolla Altis model 2002 is finally a car for the Asian country. If not for the high price in some countries, it would be the best in its class for 2002/2003… Read Full Review

“The corolla altis is overall a great car in it's...”

Written on: 23/04/2003 by Victor Nga. (1 review written)

The corolla altis is overall a great car in it's category. I own a 1.8 altis and for the past five months have clocked 20,000km. As my nature of work requires me to travel around, I get to spend much time in the car and testing it. Overall, I feel the altis can be considered the best car in terms of performance in it's category comparing with other rivals like Civic 1.7 v-tec and Sentra 1.8. Wind noice is quite noticible when exceeding 140km/h however from my experience, it has no problem… Read Full Review

Jarasd's Response to Victor Nga.'s Review

Written on: 08/10/2003

Dear Victor ,
<br>
<br>Is it quite so late or not? Suspension that you need with TRD., if in Malay have some modify shops you should changing shock- hydraulic oil to be stonger if you can order 70 - 80% more than OEM. (exacly 70-80% stronger) .The feeling after that is so well and not different from TRD., but safe more.
<br>In Thailand I spend 2,000 Baht for this (500x4).
<br>
<br>Haadyai should be have modify shop.

191356_Vishnu9's Response to Victor Nga.'s Review

Written on: 29/04/2005

waiting almost a month sofar for my altis 1.8 but no news,umw toyota cant even tell me when they will get the car.....apparently some IT issues. been checking around and got some remarks of quality
concern:
1/fuel delivery hose from high pressure pump detaches itself spraying out fuel from fuel tank until dry,thank god no fire accident reported.
2/fuel tank overflow hose fault
3/internal fixture parts coming loose due to use of double side tape to attach??!!!.
4/rear suspension springs too soft resulting in
motorboating,rear suspension sinking
hope this flaws have been rectified???

“It is a very good and practical sedan. It feels like...”

Written on: 26/01/2003 by Ray. (1 review written)

It is a very good and practical sedan. It feels like a BMW when you ride it. Fuel economy is good with 10-11 km/litre in the city and 13-14 km.litre highway driving. I recommend this car to new car buyers. This car is a good buy!… Read Full Review

Ardeshirviccaji's Response to 68227_Ray.'s Review

Written on: 25/02/2013

THE DRIVER SEAT IS WOBBLY COMPARED TO A JAPANESE COROLLA X ASSISTA> IS THERE ANY CURE AS PEOPLE WITH ARTHIRITIS FIND THE ALTIS DRIVER SEAT UN SUPPORTIVE.

“I own a Sep 2002 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6e and from...”

Written on: 30/12/2002 by Ben. (1 review written)

I own a Sep 2002 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6e and from day one, i noticed a whistling sound coming from the engine when cruising at 28km/h. I also tested other altis and they seem to have a similar problem.
The tyre noise is irritating and becomes very loud above 60km/h even though the tyres are new (Goodyear NCT).
The steering wheel must have come from a 1979 corrolla because is feel small to hold.
Due to the softly sprung setup, the car is excellent for transporting the family in and around… Read Full Review

67110_Francis.'s Response to 61414_Ben.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2003

I'v heard that the Goodyear NCT isn't really a quiet tire. Try the YOKOHAMA ASPEC A300. It's by far the quietest radial I've known, and I'm using this on my Altis. Very quiet, with smooth ride. You can do a web search on this tire to confirm my claims!

Jarasd.'s Response to 61414_Ben.'s Review

Written on: 03/08/2003

Whistle noise ------------Please claim to your dealer.Changing rubber front doors seals.
<br>Suspension---------------In Malaysia should be some modify / Reseach check on Net. In Thailand ~34,000/42 USD. from TRD suspension. I think in Malay is cheaper.

“To all Toyota Corolla Altis owners. My Altis is...”

Written on: 12/11/2002 by ck. (1 review written)

To all Toyota Corolla Altis owners. My Altis is finished in galaxy black and I opted for the leather seats (factory fitted). It's already clocked 7,000km over the past 4 months which really shows how I enjoy driving the car! To enhance the driving pleasure at night, I installed a xenon hid kit on my car, but one problem is that the original fog lamp cannot accomadate the brilliant brightness of the headlamp, so I had to install another pair of piaa xtreme force lamps to it; but it doesn't… Read Full Review

Rainman's Response to 50384_ck.'s Review

Written on: 01/09/2003

17inch wheels may be too harsh for our Asian roads. Go with the 16 inch ones. You may consider 205/55 R 16. Slightly larger diameter, but better ride. Michelin tyres of course.

“I am the owner of two Toyota Corolla Altis's. One i...”

Written on: 14/09/2002 by rickey. (1 review written)

I am the owner of two Toyota Corolla Altis's. One i keep in stock, the other i upgraded the suspension spring sets. I can compare the feel between them. In short, they have good engines (1800cc) and are very stable in taking corners but please try the sporty spring sets from TRD. You'll be amazed… Read Full Review

60873_Jarasd.'s Response to rickey.'s Review

Written on: 28/12/2002

For Altis owners , If you have upgraded or claimed the softed springs or claimed shock absorbers to TOYOTA already. Another way if you changed new tyres to 205/60 with sport type (MICHILIN) it is very much changing for a good feeling, safe time safe money and safe gas but for high speed only. Try it !!!

“I simply love this Toyota Corolla Altis.”

Written on: 26/08/2002 by jony. (1 review written)

I simply love this Toyota Corolla Altis… Read Full Review

See next 10 reviews Showing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews

“Toyota Corolla Altis (2002). ”

Written on: 23/05/2002 by Wini Mamon. (1 review written)

Toyota Corolla Altis (2002).
I could hardly believe this car is a Corolla! If I were blindfolded I could have sworn I was in a BMW 3-series with better seats, a quieter cabin, and a smoother ride. Close the doors and you'll swear this is one solid masterpiece that you could pass on to your grandkids!… Read Full Review

“Before you go out and buy a sedan, I suggest you head...”

Written on: 14/05/2002 by Francis Villanueva. (1 review written)

Before you go out and buy a sedan, I suggest you head for the nearest Toyota dealer and test drive the new Corolla. Chances are you'll agree that this is the BEST in it's class, and with Toyota's undisputed reliability and strong dealer support, you'll end up filling out an order form. You're gonna love the car... trust me… Read Full Review

“The Toyota Corolla Altis model 2002 is a very good car...”

Written on: 10/03/2002 by &#3615;. (1 review written)

The Toyota Corolla Altis model 2002 is a very good car in Thailand-about 1600-1800 cc.
I suggest you to test it'… Read Full Review

Dr. Antonio I. Ortega.'s Response to 15425_ฟ.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2002

I am an owner of an Altis. I find it very spacious, very ample legroom for me. Steering is very responsive, suspension excellent, gas consumption by the teaspoon. The only catch is i can't see where the front ends and this is some problem when parking in tight places and it has some blind spots when backing up. Otherwise it is an excellent car with an excellent shape

39926_Jarasd.'s Response to 15425_ฟ.'s Review

Written on: 26/09/2002

It's quite opposite with me, I own test my car 1.8 lts., more than 50,000 kms. in 9 months.
<br> engine 8/10
<br>suspension 6/10 too weak . so harmful for high speed!!!
<br>speed>200kms. I think can do for downhill and very short time. How RPM.for engine can take with the velocity??
<br>Over 160 kms./h noise too much not so quiet that they claimed.
<br>How noise come when rain!! , how weak the suspensions!!!! Hurry up changing suspension.!!!