Garmin nuvi 610T Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Garmin nuvi 610T - Ask a question now

Garmin nuvi 610T

“Generally does the job but will frustrate you. The...”

Written on: 23/02/2008

Generally does the job but will frustrate you. The Bluetooth software keeps crashing even though I have up grade it on the net. The MP3 player get stuck on certain tracks so you cant use the random function. The are only two navigation settings quickest or shortest no midpoint between the two. When recently the A12 closed near my home the until could not compute a way home. The traffic updating is very annoying if you use the auto redirection setting e.g. it will tell to leave a major road via… Read Full Review

Garmin nuvi 610T

“I have written flimsy as a bad point because the...”

Written on: 12/02/2008 by morisien (7 reviews written)

I have written flimsy as a bad point because the speakers stopped working and then a few weeks later started working again (I have not done anything to it)… Read Full Review

Garmin nuvi 610T

“I haven't found anything that does is any better for...”

Written on: 30/09/2007 by Alkemist (1 review written)

I haven't found anything that does is any better for the price charged. It is a feature rich sat nav. You have to pay for speed camera database but it is directional which is unusual in the market… Read Full Review

Garmin nuvi 610T

“I have seen more of rural Perthshire than I really...”

Written on: 17/07/2007 by Tyger (6 reviews written)

I have seen more of rural Perthshire than I really wanted since installing the Garmin n vi 610T. When set to "quickest" route it has taken me down roads that are little more than paved farm tracks, which are definitely not quick unless you want to risk meeting something head on. On several occasions The Garmin Nuvi 610T has misrouted because of changes in the road some of which have been in place for a number of years. I have also had the problem at a multiple offset junction where the… Read Full Review

Alkemist's Response to Tyger's Review

Written on: 30/09/2007

I disagree with this review because...
<br/>
<br/>I own one of these and found it excellent in all respects.

Alkemist's Response to Tyger's Review

Written on: 03/10/2007

Many of the comments about instances where directions were incorrect apply to many (if not most) sat nav systems and are not a specific issues related to the Gamin Nuvi series.
<br/>
<br/>I have experience of many systems and have found the same problems described here are applicable to each and everyone.
<br/>
<br/>I have yet to experience any problems with the Nuvi and have quite happily navigated such junctions as spaghetti junction.
<br/>
<br/>If I were to make any specific comment regarding the Garmin Nuvi 610t, it would be that it is feature rich considering the price tag.
<br/>
<br/>I purchased the unit after it as voted best by the Sunday Times. I can't remember the competition now but I do remember it included a Tom Tom. If I remember correctly the only negative point was the fact that the safety camera database didn't come with a free 12 month subscription, it only has 3 months. But, it was noted that the safety camera database on Garmin units is "directional" which isn't the case for most other systems.

Tyger's Response to Tyger's Review

Written on: 02/10/2007

I gave specific instances of where it did not work you have given none of where it does work in a complex situation. I can add M42 to M1 it gives incorrect instructions. It still gets you to the M1 by using the old road not the new (well been there a few years) one.