Vauxhall Astra Sport 16V Reviews

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Astra Sport 16V

Vauxhall Astra Sport 16V
Vauxhall Astra Sport 16V

“Help”

Written on: 25/08/2013 by Scotty1988 (1 review written)

I'm thinking about buying a vauxhall Astra 1.8 looks really nice but I'm unsure because it has 1500000 miles on the clock it's a lot of miles… Read Full Review

“They are nice to drive comfy big boot for my sub sound...”

Written on: 04/06/2008 by philsme (1 review written)

They are nice to drive comfy big boot for my sub sound amazing with decent exhaust on you need a capacitior if you have an amp pumping more than 250watts rms I run a 1200wattrms and it nearly turns my head lights off when I have it load. Parts are very easy to find if you go to a breakers… Read Full Review

“I have the Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v SXi on a 51 plate I...”

Written on: 24/02/2008 by rickastra (1 review written)

I have the Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v SXi on a 51 plate I love the car nice and nippy really comfy ride, I would tell anyone to get it. It also says my car has cruise control but I can't find it any where if anyone can help? That would be cool. Otherwise I love my car its in black as well… Read Full Review

“Super car, effortless drive”

Written on: 06/12/2007

Super car, effortless drive… Read Full Review

“Overall this is a great car - I loved it but it just...”

Written on: 19/11/2006 by Trev150 (6 reviews written)

Overall this is a great car - I loved it but it just needs a bit more power.

This is the best of the MK4 hatchback range… Read Full Review

“I have had my Astra Twinport Sport on a 54 plate since...”

Written on: 12/03/2006 by micma5 (1 review written)

I have had my Astra Twinport Sport on a 54 plate since October, I love it, it's nippy with good handling and easy to drive. The gearbox is a bit notchy but I got used to that… Read Full Review

“I have a 1999 T reg Vauxhall Astra Sport 16V 1.8 which...”

Written on: 20/10/2004 by xanderblade (1 review written)

I have a 1999 T reg Vauxhall Astra Sport 16V 1.8 which I find is a very nice car with cheap insurance and its quite economical. The only problems I have found are the squeeky seats and centre console and I also find the gearbox lumpy while cold. I just wonderd if anyone could tell me when they introduced the trip computer as mine does not have this option. It comes with T.C ABS and airbags CD player but no trip computer controls on wiper arm. Im also finding it difficult to find parts as I… Read Full Review

Sonywega's Response to xanderblade's Review

Written on: 20/01/2006

The trip computer came as an optional extra, called the technical pack.

454246_Plutotan's Response to xanderblade's Review

Written on: 15/04/2009

same here, mine has computer, just before V plate, also struggle for parts. how do i get more power, its quick on take of but dont get me fast enough faster
<br/>

“I first tested a astra coupe with the same engine size...”

Written on: 07/12/2002 by Richard. (1 review written)

I first tested a astra coupe with the same engine size and I loved it. However I didn't love the 14000 pound asking price, so I decided to take a sport for a test drive, ok it's not as nice looking as the coupe but once I drove it for the first time I felt attracted to it, and decided to part with 6000 of my hard erned British pounds there on the spot, the first thing I noticed was the low gear power and the breaking power, also the gearing was just about perfect, and the lotus tuned suspension… Read Full Review

61638_Mike.'s Response to 56419_Richard.'s Review

Written on: 30/12/2002

Spot On

Cdavis's Response to 56419_Richard.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2004

No actually the coupe versions were NOT tuned in any way by lotus, this only applies to the saloon versions. Vauxhall did all of it's in house work on that particular model! Although I heard it still handles well for vauxhall being 20mm's lower to the floor than saloon versions. But remember the CORSA was actually lotus tuned as well and anyone thats driven that as a full car will tell you lotus has not done it many favors. Although what can be expected for large block a reduce in body roll.....i think not!

“The new Astra (Mk4/G) is an excellent car, the level...”

Written on: 08/03/2002 by Rob. (1 review written)

The new Astra (Mk4/G) is an excellent car, the level of equipment is comparable with a luxury car (Cruise control, Trip computer, loads of airbags, CD Changer.....). The car handles like a dream thanks to Lotus and the power is brilliant yet refined. The traction control really helps you get off the mark with minimum tyre bills! Also the speed sensitive power steering gives you the feel of absolute control, no matter what the speed.
HOWEVER, there are a few niggles! Has any one else had any… Read Full Review

Clampy.'s Response to 15239_Rob.'s Review

Written on: 07/12/2002

I have a '98 2.0 SRi and has all three of the same faults as well as squeaky seats. In the 15 months of ownership the dealership has had the car more than us. Oil needed topping up every 500 miles, this went on for a year before they finally found the valve stem seals had gone. other faults include manifold head gasket, cylinder head gasket, cam sensor, coolant sensor problems, steering column collapsed, power steering pump, sunroof rails distorted, seat tilt cable, corrosion on both doors. Just had a recall for the seat springs which require replacing. Car is currently back in the garage after been told not to drive it due to a heavy rattling coming from somewhere within the valve gear. Awaiting diagnosis on that one,
All in all the worst car I've owned yet somehow I still like it, along with the other 7 vauxhalls I have owned.

Astra Sport's Response to 15239_Rob.'s Review

Written on: 19/03/2007

I don't have the 1.8 but the 1.6 but nontheless I have the same interior and the seats do seem to have a mind of there own, once in about a 100 times in tilting the seat forwards the seat will actually do what its designed to do and slide forward and I have also had the problem with the main beam sticking on, does get really annoying especially on country lanes.

Brunofigueiredo's Response to 15239_Rob.'s Review

Written on: 23/01/2004

I've also got a 1999 2.0 SRi and I love the car, just stick a PiperX cold air induction kit on it and watch it fly off the mark. They're great cars for motorway but town driving they spend as much in fuel as a Scoobie. Plans for a remapped ECU are next, maybe it'll bring the fuel costs down?
<br>
<br>PS - I've also noticed the seats are a bit squeaky every now and again, but with the sound system pumping out tunes you really can't hear anything else anyways...

109910_Kr1.'s Response to 15239_Rob.'s Review

Written on: 23/06/2003

ive got one and its great.