Panasonic PV-SD4090 Reviews

Resolution 1.3
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Alkaline

Features:
  • Stores images on floppy disk or SuperDisk; included 120 MB SuperDisk holds 450 images at maximum resolution
  • 1.3 megapixel sensor captures enough detail for photo-quality 5 x 7 prints
  • 3x optical zoom plus 2x digital zoom lens with autofocus
  • Connects to Macs and PCs via USB port
  • Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery and AC adapter included; can also be used as a USB SuperDisk drive
    Platforms:
    Windows Me, Windows NT 5, Windows NT 4, Windows NT 3.5, Windows 2000, Windows 98
  • Refine your search

Panasonic PV-SD4090

“The Panasonic PV-SD4090 is a very good digital camera...”

Written on: 18/04/2002 by WWMMWW. (1 review written)

The Panasonic PV-SD4090 is a very good digital camera and a very handy extra drive for the pc. It's great to be able to take 450 pictures in the high-quality mode without ever having to worry about changing disks. The included charger runs on either 110/220 and changes to the correct voltage automatically - handy when you travel to different parts of the world. The battery recharges quickly; I usually recharge mine at whatever restaraunt we happen to stop in and the charging is finished by the… Read Full Review

Panasonic PV-SD4090

“Its price is getting more reasonable, especially if...”

Written on: 04/01/2002 by ed. (1 review written)

Its price is getting more reasonable, especially if one takes into account the equivalent cost of memory sticks compared to $10, and a cd-rom holds about five floppies of pics which cost about 15 cents each.

In the world wide web Google dropped me into the U.K. on a very cold night in Chicago, IL, USA. Wow!… Read Full Review

Panasonic PV-SD4090

“It is a little bit heavy compared with some of the...”

Written on: 12/12/2001 by Contractorman_35. (1 review written)

It is a little bit heavy compared with some of the smaller hand held digital cameras but all in all I love this camera and the outcome of its photos :)
    Thanks Panasonic for making a camera with a super disk to avoid downloading so often… Read Full Review

Panasonic PV-SD4090

“I have seen people complain about the weight of this...”

Written on: 24/03/2001 by Scott. (1 review written)

I have seen people complain about the weight of this camera.
    I find that it is no heavier than my standard 35mm Canon camera.
    It may be that people are used to the smaller digital camera's available on the market today, and that's the reason for thinking it's too heavy. The capacity and battery life on this camera more than make up for any weight factor. Picture quality is excellent, and it is very easy to use. Supplied rechargeable Lithium Ion battery is a big plus.

Out of the box, the… Read Full Review

Wilma Hines.'s Response to 1377_Scott.'s Review

Written on: 28/04/2001

I totally agree that this camera is great! I've been doing a little research on this camera and I've found that this is a camera of the future. I love the SuperDisk! And you can use the camera as an external Superdisk drive on your PC. Everything that you need comes with the camera, so you don't have to worry about shelling out more money for accessories.

Panasonic PV-SD4090

“I find this camera to be excellent. What took someone...”

Written on: 05/05/2000 by Michael Muzikar. (1 review written)

I find this camera to be excellent. What took someone so long to make a camera that uses a 120Mb floppy? We're talking 1000 pics without changing floppies. And a floppy is on $10. I just sold my Sony FD-81, just because I wanted pure convenience of a floppy. 50% of the world still is computer-illiterate. Throw in a camera memory stick and watch more shy away. Everyone knows what to do with a floppy.
    Excellent images, too.
    Best review at: http://www.steves-digicams.com/sd4090.html… Read Full Review

64581_Weeble.'s Response to Michael Muzikar.'s Review

Written on: 12/01/2003

This reveiw is very helpful, in the fact that I also own this SD4090. I bought it Xmas 2000 and it has performed perfectly ever since. I bought an extra disc ($10) to keep my Family pics and my on the road and company pics seperate. I have taken 1000's of pics and have yet to fill up either one of the discs. With USB,software, and every adapter anyone could ever use included with camera, ease of download, and turn one switch on, wait for it to boot up, and wa-la! anyone can use it, if I can. Thanks for this site to tell people about this camera. Oh yes! I paid over $500 for mine on sale, now you can get the same one for around $250 on the web. (Just use Google search engine) and type in sd4090. I've even bought one for my Daughter. Weeble!