The Cafe in the Park, Rickmansworth Aquadrome, Rickmansworth Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

“food open to flies”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by waterlily555 (1 review written)

Hi We used the café in the park today had sausage rolls they were the best I have ever tasted full of meat and the pastry was really lovely. but was a bit concerned as the food on the counter was uncovered and open to flies . I think more than one serving would be a good idea as the wait to get served a bit to long but the food and people really nice will use again, café in the park is great place to go… Read Full Review

“Cafe in the Park - Rickmansworth”

Written on: 24/09/2012 by colletesmummy (1 review written)

I recently ate there with my husband and 3mth old baby. I had not seen any of the staff before with the exception of a man who had large black eariings/holes and whom I think may have been the cook. It was quiet as it was early and the woman on the till made a gesture as if to mimic me, as I have a health condition. I had never seen her before so thought it was coincidence. However her colleague also repeatedly made the same gesture and they were laughing. I felt very uncomfortable. My food… Read Full Review

Ctrisk's Response to colletesmummy's Review

Written on: 28/12/2012

Hello

I have just read your comment as I do not visit this site regularly. I am so sorry to read your comments, it sounds like your visit to us was very disappointing. I would very much like to hear more about the staff and their behaviour. Perhaps you could get in touch with me directly via the website so that I can hear more.

Regards

Carly
Owner

“Cafe in The Park, Rickmansworth”

Written on: 21/09/2011

I don't live nearby, so the fact that I visit (usually with my grandchildren) speaks for itself! The food is tasty, varied and delish! Only complaint is that I can never decide what to order! It's buzzy and very child-friendly - but there's also a quiet room for those who prefer a little less buzz! A great place to go - with or without children- and the setting is beautiful… Read Full Review

“What is not to like?”

Written on: 16/09/2011

I struggle to reconcile some of the comments I've read here with my experience of the cafe. My favourite dish is the beef burger and chips: where else can you expect to pay £8 for free range burger and piping hot chips? The smoked mackerel burger is also great - hardly your boring bog standard cafe fare! The teas are made with Tea Pigs bags (my favourites!) and the cakes always taste great according to my wife, who regards herself as something of a world expert in these things! The cafe is… Read Full Review

“Very unhelpful staff”

Written on: 29/08/2011

We went to the Cafe this morning and ordered two hot chocolates and a coffee and a cake. The lady who served us said very abruptly "you will have to wait 5-10 minutes for the hot drinks". We sat down and came back 5 minutes later to find that the drinks had been waiting getting cold. The whole atmosphere was that the staff were doing us a great favour to serve us. A very unpleasant experience. Such a shame as a lovely park is spoilt by the poor customer service in the coffee shop… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/09/2011

We are so so sorry to hear of your bad experience. I would like to think that this event was a one-off. We are fortunate to be very popular so on busy days in the Summer holiday our staff can be stretched although this is absolutely not an excuse and the service you received is definitely not acceptable.

Customer service is something we consider to be of the highest importance and we often arrange for our staff to visit other catering establishments to recognise good and poor customer service. Perhaps you could let us have your details and we could get in touch to offer you lunch or tea and a chance to try us out again.

“Over priced and over fussy, tries to be kiddy friendly...”

Written on: 10/11/2010

Over priced and over fussy, tries to be kiddy friendly but not happy with the noise/mess that comes with them! Cakes are not the best - normally very dry. Service is slow. Unfortunately there is no other place to go on the beautiful aquadrome. Perhaps some competition is needed to make the place decide who they want to cater for and buck up it's ideas… Read Full Review

Carlytg's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2010

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts. We are really sorry that you think we are trying to be child friendly but do not deal well with the noise and mess. It is a balance we struggle with for our customers. We are not trying to be child friendly or un-friendly, we are a park caf and we welcome all people. Sometimes we have complaints about the mess made by children and the noise so we work hard to make sure that all groups feel as welcome as they can. If you feel that on an occasion we have not achieved this, please let me know the specifics so that I can look into it.
<br/>
<br/>With regards dry cakes, we have not had a complaint about our cakes at all. Again it would be great if you could let us know specifically which cakes were dry so that we can look into it.
<br/>
<br/>We are very grateful for your feedback and if you would like to discuss your visit with us we would be delighted to hear your thoughts. Please contact me directly on 08456 800 835 or email me at carly(at)thecafeinthepark.com.

“Ok to sit outside for a coffee (which was very nice)...”

Written on: 18/09/2010

Ok to sit outside for a coffee (which was very nice) but food takes too long even when only moderately busy.
Only stop off when walking dogs, would not sit in to eat as has been taken over by kids who run about and make the cafe like sitting in a nursery. I am all for being child friendly but not for the whole focus to be on children.
Would be a nice cafe stop if prices were a little lower service was faster and fewer mummy and child groups hoarding groups of seating and spoiling atmosphere… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/09/2010

Hello
<br/>
<br/>Many thanks for your comments which we take on board. We do have a separate room, aptly named 'The Quiet Room' which we ask parents not to use if they have children younger than 8. We are in the middle of a park so we need to be accessible to all but we do appreciate that there are times when children can be a little too noisy.
<br/>
<br/>With regards the wait for food, the day you came we had a stand-in chef as we had an unprecedented situation when the Head Chef was on holiday and the sous-chef was unable to get to work on that day. We hope that even though the food was delayed, once it arrived it met your expectations.
<br/>
<br/>I would be happy to offer you a meal free of charge on your next visit so that we can try and improve on your last experience. Please get in touch with me at carly(at)thecafeinthepark(dot)com or on 08456 800 835, to arrange.

“the Cafe in the Park is a great place to have a drink...”

Written on: 16/06/2010 by park ranger (1 review written)

the Cafe in the Park is a great place to have a drink and something to eat, especially in the week when it is quieter.
on the weekend it can get very busy, but worth the wait. the combibnation of an interesting menu and good coffee and tea make it worth the wait.
during the week it can get full of 'yummie mummies' and there not too disciplined offspring.
the views around the lakes are stunning and the parking is free!!… Read Full Review

“Absolutely awful. I ordered 2 saugage rolls and chips....”

Written on: 25/05/2010

Absolutely awful. I ordered 2 saugage rolls and chips. Despite it being reasonable uncrowded my meal took 33 minutes. The chips were served in a cold bowl and were cold themselves and probably the worst chips I have tasted. The saugage rolls were on really hot plates, however, the rolls had not been heated. I asked why they put cold sausage rolls on hot plates and just got a shrug. I asked for one to be heated. 20 minutes later it came back with the pastry warm and the filling still cold… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/05/2010

We were really disappointed to have read your review and we immediately looked into what had gone wrong. Unfortunately you visited us on a day when we had extreme staff shortages due to sickness and we had to hire in agency staff. It was an agency staff-member who served you and we also had an agency chef in. These are not excuses, we still should have exceeded your expectations or at the very least have met them. We are confident that days and incidents like this are the exception and not the rule.
<br/>
<br/>Should the person that wrote that review wish to contact me directly I would be very happy to hear their thoughts in person and offer a free meal as an apology. My email is carly@thecafeinthepark.com and my number is 08456 800 835.

“Good varied menu, with everything i have eaten tasty...”

Written on: 17/11/2009 by shoegal34 (3 reviews written)

Good varied menu, with everything i have eaten tasty and well presented.
good selection from kids meals through to burgers, salads and sandwiches.
can get extremely busy at weekends and in summer and seems to overwhelm staff sometimes.
that said, there's space for families and people without kids too, and the fact that the queue can be out of the door is testament to its popularity!
despite the fact that you sometimes have to wait a while for your food, we love it!… Read Full Review

“The Cafe in the Park, Rickmansworth Aquadrome VERY...”

Written on: 21/08/2009

The Cafe in the Park, Rickmansworth Aquadrome VERY noisy- the quiet room was not quiet at all. The place needs to have some sound absorbtion put in place… Read Full Review

Shoegal34's Comment

Written on: 17/11/2009

I found this review not helpful because... it doesnt talk about whats on offer just that its noisy. thats what happens when a place is busy!
<br/>

“The Cafe in the Park is set in a beautiful surrounding...”

Written on: 13/07/2009 by Bobby234 (1 review written)

The Cafe in the Park is set in a beautiful surrounding near a lake in the Aquadrome in Rickmansworth. I went for lunch with a friend and although busy found the service slow. The food was of good quality but took 40 mins to be delivered. There was also a lot of kids about, so it made it difficult to chat… Read Full Review

“Went to The Cafe in the Park on recommendation. Found...”

Written on: 11/04/2009

Went to The Cafe in the Park on recommendation. Found good food & drink and reasonable prices. However, very noisy due to echo from bare walls and ceiling and place was full of lots small kids. Very difficult to hold conversation… Read Full Review

“friendly staff, great coffee and yummy cakes. i have...”

Written on: 30/10/2008 by mates inc (1 review written)

friendly staff, great coffee and yummy cakes. i have become a bit of a regular. good for kids and dog walkers… Read Full Review

“This venue is Rickmansworth's hidden treasure!...”

Written on: 11/09/2008 by bigmamma (1 review written)

This venue is Rickmansworth's hidden treasure! Fantastic view, good tasty food and drink - both free range and artisan, all at very reasonable prices. Free parking, fresh air, beautiful surroundings and wildlife, enhance the Cafe in the Park experience… Read Full Review

“The Cafe in The Park at Rickmansworth Aquadrome is in...”

Written on: 27/05/2008

The Cafe in The Park at Rickmansworth Aquadrome is in a lovely setting, by a lake with lots of birds. Walks of various lentgths are close by. Wheelchair accessible.
The philosophy is of using high quality ingredients, as much as possible locally resourced. There are a range of products of varying cost. The staff are helpful and friendly; at peak times waiting times can be longer. It is amazing what is achieved in a very small working space!
It would be good for indoor seating to become… Read Full Review

Park Ranger's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2010

the place is so much different than these days, it is in a modern purpose built building

“The Cafe in the Park at Rickmansworth Aquadrome is...”

Written on: 24/06/2007 by carlytg (1 review written)

The Cafe in the Park at Rickmansworth Aquadrome is great for kids, as there's a large play corner. The cafe is fenced to keep wildlife out and kids in. The food is great, and the burger is the best I have ever eaten - beats all the new trendy burger places in London… Read Full Review