Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software Reviews

• Quality

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software - Ask a question now

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 14/09/2012 by IaBlue (1 review written)

Don't even think of trying this service. We sunk quite a few hours into the service in templating and building a site. It is now close to a week of multiple support tickets, phone calls and emails simply requesting the DNS on their side to be done so that we can go live. If you value your time, stay away from these folks… Read Full Review

“Impressed so Far”

Written on: 07/04/2012 by Markd18 (1 review written)

I signed up for AmeriCommerce about three months ago after reviewing 4 or 5 different solutions. I found that AmeriCommerce best suited my needs. I was able to get my site setup without any issues and was selling stuff almost as soon as my trial period ended. I found the support staff to be helpful when I did have any issues. Things I liked: 1. Ease of setup 2. Knowledgable staff & quick responses 3. Free trial period 4. Cost Things I didn't like: 1. No FTP for free trials 2. No 24/7… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“You'll end up paying more!”

Written on: 23/11/2011

I choose americommerce because of the price and features they promised unfortunately, I am paying my monthly subscription plus on demand fees,even though my store is small with not too much traffic,I end up paying on demand fees every month. The slow page loading is a big problem this not only take a lot of my time when creating a listing but also a lot of bandwidth making my monthly bill even bigger! Communication is great but most of the times in stead of helping you they want to fix the… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“Slow, Disjointed & Overpromise”

Written on: 03/11/2011

Been a customer for 3 years. Enterprise hosting & website design. These people are VERY nice and try to help you but they are limited by an outdated system. Here are the issues: 1) Sites are slow. 2) Sites are bloated with a lot of scripted code that shouldn't be there, like . 3) No gzip. 4) No minify. 5) Updates are pushed to you seemingly at random and with no warning. Backend is changed without warning and business processes have to be changed on the fly. 6) Coupon/discount system is… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 14/01/2012

This review is spot on. I've been with Americommerce for 4 years and I pull my hair out over AC (and their random updates) at least once every 6 months. But they are still, as far as I know, the only cart that can adequately manage all 5 of our stores at once from a single console.

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“High quality is what first comes to mind when I think...”

Written on: 27/05/2010

High quality is what first comes to mind when I think of Americommerce from support service, easy of use of the backend, willingness to help to ecommerce capabilities. It's a shame that a few people who probably aren't computer friendly have to rip on a company that is solid in all areas. I would definitely recommend Americommerce to others and I already have. Great work Americommere!… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“We have been using Americommerce to power several...”

Written on: 24/05/2010

We have been using Americommerce to power several stores for over one year. I am truly impressed with the depth of features it offers, but also allows for very rapid setup of basic stores if that is all you require.

The feature set is continually updated and our expectations have been exceeded with regard to keeping the software fresh and supported.

Americommerce offers so many options for store settings in its software that sometimes you feel like this was a custom piece of software… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“We've used many platforms and run stores on multiple...”

Written on: 19/05/2010

We've used many platforms and run stores on multiple platforms at the same time until we came across AmeriCommerce. We signed up for the free trial and we were really happy with all of the features and thought put into the product. There are advanced features, but the basic things we needed to do were all covered as well. As we started moving to their platform, the advanced features really started to shine...we could do things other big name platforms had not even bothered to allow us to do… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“One of the greates shopping carts I've ever used (I...”

Written on: 27/03/2010 by igorweby (1 review written)

One of the greates shopping carts I've ever used (I work in eCommerce industry for about 10 years). A lot of unique advanced features. Multi-store feature!!! Very user-friendly admin panel. Of course, if you want to build a nice site with advanced features, you need some expertise. But if you have some expertise - this shopping cart will allow you to build one of the best stores… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“I saw some anonymous reviews giving these guys a hard...”

Written on: 27/03/2010 by AirForceOne (1 review written)

I saw some anonymous reviews giving these guys a hard time, so I thought I better share our more positive experiences. We've partnered with americommerce for over 3 years and now run 5 unique storefronts on their system. They're always adding new features - check out the 'product roadmap /release history' on their website. Latest additions include a gift voucher module and further use of ajax technology to speed up website management.
With regards to customer service - they meet our… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“we have several online stores and used to use a free...”

Written on: 16/01/2010

we have several online stores and used to use a free ecommerce based solution. we switched to americommerce because of the promise of many features including multiple stores. well I am here to tell you that most of their features don't work, are overstated, buggy, and not what is promised. we wasted so much time and money trying to get their stores to work and now we have to cut our losses and go back to a free shopping cart that is far superior. also be ware of many hidden fees that you get… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“Be ware before you spend time and money trying this...”

Written on: 10/12/2009

Be ware before you spend time and money trying this shopping cart. Support is terrible and setup is complicated and counter-intuitive. Many features advertised are only available if you pay for expensive customizations. Most marketing features don't even work and the company always blames the customer. Very bad and will only hurt your business. There are may .net carts out there that are far better, cheaper, and aren't full of bugs. A lesson learned the hard way… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“Features listed on the site don't exist, particularly...”

Written on: 09/10/2009

Features listed on the site don't exist, particularly the API page (a major reason we signed up with them). Their model is to list features to lure customers, once ur in, they reveal that you have to pay for a customization which basically funds building the list feature. Where I come from we call that fraud. Would not recommend at all… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“Has some features that are interesting like multiple...”

Written on: 19/10/2008 by squidward6 (1 review written)

Has some features that are interesting like multiple stores but errors throughout system negate any potential positives... This company is in over their head. Volusion, 3dcart and monstercommerce are all worth considering over americomemerce in my opinion.

Tec department was unhelpful in my experience and random errors occur in even basic functions like product reviews and simple exports. Communication was very difficult for me, for example when there was a significant problem that they had not… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“We are a website development company serving the...”

Written on: 02/10/2007 by nilauro (1 review written)

We are a website development company serving the private and public sectors. Recently one of our clients presented us with an ecommerce project with some very specific and unusual requirements.

After doing considerable research on ecommerce providers within our client's price range, we decided that Americommerce would be the best fit for the project. We needed a solid and versatile cart that would also be able to produce a very specific orders feed to our distribution warehouse. Americommerce… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“We have been working with the cart for four years now....”

Written on: 28/09/2007 by dlanear (1 review written)

We have been working with the cart for four years now. We have been through several upgrades and improvements. They have designed sites for us and integrated our feature requests as well. Through it all, we have increased sales each year without fail!… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“We had to restructure our entire catalog and we were...”

Written on: 28/09/2007 by mattt (1 review written)

We had to restructure our entire catalog and we were able to do it in 1 day. The architecture design of the cart is done very well and we were shocked at the ease of being able to move products and categories around.

The cart is packed with good features and tools for marketing. Google products uploads, affiliate campaigns, flexible discount codes, and more.

The catalog is very flexible in terms of being able to customize the way you want to build things for an advanced user like us, but… Read Full Review

Americommerce.com Shopping Cart Software

“I think Americommerce is definitely worthy of being...”

Written on: 27/09/2007 by bundy007 (1 review written)

I think Americommerce is definitely worthy of being included in any short-list of cart providers… Read Full Review

Americommerce's Response to bundy007's Review

Written on: 28/09/2007

Thank you for the kind words.
<br/>
<br/>It is a constant adjustment of priorities when you accept/reject custom development requests from hundreds of customers (unless you have thousands of developers!). However, we welcome custom development requests (as one of the ONLY companies who will even entertain the idea) and love to release wanted feature sets as soon as possible given the many development projects underway on a daily basis. We always try and take only those development tasks that will benefit everyone and bring the greatest value to our services so we can retain focus and perspective.

“Buyer beware! ”

Written on: 17/06/2007 by billybean (1 review written)

Buyer beware!
If you do go with Americommerce.com, go on a month to month agreement, nothing long term. Because you will want to leave. I just don't want anyone else to get burned like I did… Read Full Review

Americommerce's Response to billybean's Review

Written on: 27/09/2007

It is unfortunate to hear this kind of review on an anonymous public forum. It would be good information to bring the issue to our attention directly.
<br/>
<br/>We have reviewed our records of cancellations around the time this review was posted, and all of our support is handled through a ticketing system rather than email. We keep good records of this kind of information, and we cannot identify an instance where the described incident occurred.
<br/>
<br/>That said, we welcome feedback from our customers and strive to be the best, most responsive provider in the industry. Our list of satisfied customers and successful web sites prove contrary to the tone of this review.
<br/>
<br/>We welcome the reviewer to contact us directly to discuss the issue so all parties can have a positive outcome from the situation. We pride ourselves on pleasing our customers and making their sites successful!

Dinkerdoo's Response to billybean's Review

Written on: 25/10/2008

I fullly agree with billy. System is very buggy and customer service is very poor.

411057_Squidward6's Response to billybean's Review

Written on: 19/10/2008

This review is very consistent with my experience. Yes they use ticket system and use it effectively to limit communication. Tec group is unhelpful I feel from my experience... Even the most basic functions encounter random errors for me therefore I also do not recommend Americommerce.com.

Bundy007's Response to billybean's Review

Written on: 27/09/2007

This doesn't represent my personal experience. We've been with them for over a year with no problems.