Nokia 6310 Reviews

• Style

Nokia 6310 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nokia 6310

Nokia 6310

“Superb Business quality phone - a classic - along with...”

Written on: 20/06/2003 by proaustin. (1 review written)

Superb Business quality phone - a classic - along with the 6110, 6150, 6210 and 6310i. No Frills... does the job, and does it well. You won't find your average teeny bopper with this phone!!… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“An amazing mobile phone,needs software update.”

Written on: 07/03/2003 by JC. (1 review written)

An amazing mobile phone,needs software update… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“I Have so far had my Nokia 6310 replaced 3 times! The...”

Written on: 26/01/2003 by Riggs. (1 review written)

I Have so far had my Nokia 6310 replaced 3 times! The issue is always the same. It Crashes, loses signal for no reason, and keeps erasing all the last called/received numbers for no reason! I must say the people at the Nokia Centre are NOT helpful in anyway!… Read Full Review

Sword's Response to 68180_Riggs.'s Review

Written on: 03/01/2004

I don't know why his set giving problems but i'm using nokia 6310 for about a year and found to be an excellent set rather a class which the nokia corp has developed. It has an enormous battery time, dynamic memory, best signals,bluetooth & infrared connectivity...only bad point is that size is large as compared to today's generation sets.

Lucky's Response to 68180_Riggs.'s Review

Written on: 03/03/2004

I have owned the 6310 for 16 months now and think it\'s a great phone. I am now starting to experience problems with the call register\'s recieved calls\", displaying what it wants only...gives a message \"phone book not ready\".
<br>Can anybody please give me advice on what to do?

☆☆☆☆☆
Nokia 6310

“This phone was a big mistake. It gave me numerous...”

Written on: 17/01/2003 by Shri. (1 review written)

This phone was a big mistake. It gave me numerous sleepless nights thinking how could this be. Bugs galore and bad things are the norm … Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“The 6310 was Nokias best phone ever....BUT the...”

Written on: 31/12/2002 by maik356. (1 review written)

The 6310 was Nokias best phone ever....BUT the Bluetooth (the main reason i bought it) NEVER NEVER worked....I bought Toshiba 5100-501 laptop to use with and the Nokia NEVER worked..very disappointed.Sorry Nokia guys… Read Full Review

Jamesb's Response to maik356.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2004

The reason for this is there is a problem with certain versions of software on the 6310.
<br>
<br>On your 6310, type in:
<br>*#0000#
<br>and you will see which version of software you are using.
<br>
<br>I see my 6310 has v5.22 (15-11-02) and works perfectly well. I understand from a friend of mine that their Nokia 6310 with v5.51 does not work as it should. It appears that anything between v5.22 and v5.5 is OK.

Mathu's Response to maik356.'s Review

Written on: 19/05/2004

now that makes sense to my dilemna I bought a bluetooth HDW-2 and my 6310 does not respond to the bluetooth at all.I'm grateful for knowing that so it was a waste of money or is there a way it can be made to work

Nokia 6310

“The Nokia 6310 is a great phone, not just for...”

Written on: 29/12/2002 by Nilo. (1 review written)

The Nokia 6310 is a great phone, not just for professionals/business-type guys but for a college student like me. It's important to keep track of meeting, reports and schedules. As for wireless connection, IR and bluetooth does the job for me.. I can easily transfer notes and info on to my laptop (reliable and fast! it never failed me...). You can also notice the long battery life... I've played games, txted and made a few calls and still the bttery meter hasn't gone down...

I'm a person who… Read Full Review

74754_Alvin.'s Response to Nilo.'s Review

Written on: 22/02/2003

I agree, lucky you.

Nokia 6310

“Highly recommended for use in high signal areas,...”

Written on: 22/11/2002 by Ness. (1 review written)

Highly recommended for use in high signal areas, business, data transfer. Not recommended as a private use phone as it is rather large. I find this to be an excellent business phone and have few problems with it. Name a phone without problems of some kind… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“I have one problem with my curent 6310. The batery is...”

Written on: 21/11/2002 by mOjSiJe. (1 review written)

I have one problem with my curent 6310. The batery is not good! I change it, but it is the same. First day after charging it, it lasted for 14 hours with full batery. But then it spent all the energy for next hour! Is it some kind of common problem? or my phone is broken? If anybody knows solution for this please send me becouse I realy like this phone and I wouldn't like to change it! Thanks… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“The nokia 6310 is a mobile phone for the mature...”

Written on: 15/10/2002 by akmawut. (1 review written)

The nokia 6310 is a mobile phone for the mature person. i recommend it for the person who stores a lot of information on their mobile phone… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“The Nokia 6310 mobile phone has simply mmazing looks,...”

Written on: 25/08/2002 by Mitul. (1 review written)

The Nokia 6310 mobile phone has simply mmazing looks, good voice reception and is ideal for all office goers. Just go for it. Make sure before you buy that you type in: * hASH SIGN 0000 HASH. This will display the software version. If it says 4.2 or anything above thatthen go 4 it as all problems from this version on have been resolved… Read Full Review

Jamesb's Response to Mitul.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2004

Thanks for that great tip.

☆☆☆☆☆
Nokia 6310

“1. There is a major problem for 6310 users who are...”

Written on: 14/08/2002 by Paul Tully. (1 review written)

1. There is a major problem for 6310 users who are utilising a car kit and have the call waiting feature activated. A second incoming call will completely obliterate the 6310 user's voice when talking to the first caller. The line goes "dead" for about 10 seconds. This happens on every call with every tested 6310 unit and with different car kits. Nokia have admitted the problem but the problem persists.

2. The 6310 goes into a "sleep mode" about once a day. You cannot make or receive phone… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“I bought a Nokia 6310 mobile phone two months ago....”

Written on: 04/07/2002 by SRS. (1 review written)

I bought a Nokia 6310 mobile phone two months ago. Now, I am on the 3rd replacement. In general, I had screen crashes, no msm sending, poor reception, and I missed many calls while I need a mobile phone because of my work. It is the first time that I use a Nokia, but I don't think that I will do this mistake again. I haven't seen such an unreliable phone yet… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“I bought a SIM free Nokia 6310i mobile phone 2 weeks...”

Written on: 03/07/2002 by Alan. (1 review written)

I bought a SIM free Nokia 6310i mobile phone 2 weeks ago, and today I took the FOURTH replacement handset back and got a refund. The faults?

Handset No.1 - Wouldn't connect to WAP.

Handset No.2 - Screen kept freezing, kept powering off during calls, kept telling me that my texts hadn't been sent when in actual fact they had.

Handset No.3 - Whenever I received one text it would tell me that I had received three! The extra two being texts that I had previously deleted but the 6310i kept… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“Hi to all !! I think the Nokia 6310 mobile phone is...”

Written on: 14/06/2002 by Atif. (1 review written)

Hi to all !! I think the Nokia 6310 mobile phone is the best phone i have ever used. First i was using a 6110, then i switched to 8210, then to 6210 and at last, finally, 6310 and comparitively it the best. I can it is the decent phone for use by a Business Man… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“Overall the Nokia 6310 mobile phone is a very good...”

Written on: 29/05/2002 by Brian Lessing. (1 review written)

Overall the Nokia 6310 mobile phone is a very good office tool / instrument when you are on the move and have too little time to remember everything. It's like an organiser at your disposal. Yes it's a real winner… Read Full Review

31035_Neuro.'s Response to Brian Lessing.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2002

why do you need a radio? it's just a phone! But it is a great phone! :)

Nokia 6310

“I went thru two nokia 6310 mobile phones and was...”

Written on: 27/05/2002 by Jojo. (1 review written)

I went thru two nokia 6310 mobile phones and was having problems with the reception. Basically, all the reception would just disappear or the phone would disappear from the network (inspite of showing all the bars on the reception), so i couldn't be reachable on the phone and i couldn't make calls. I had to call my own phone frequently to see if it was working. The phone needed a "reboot" to fix the problem. After repeated complaints to my service provider nd nokia (who were of no help), i have… Read Full Review

28809_Charlie.'s Response to 25079_Jojo.'s Review

Written on: 21/06/2002

I had a similar problem with my 6310, after 3 weeks of having the phone the signal started droping right out.
<br>Returned to Vodafone store were purchased and they replaced it straight away.
<br>My last phone was a 6210 of which I never had any problems with.
<br>Still rate the 6310 (signals been fine on replacement set)

Deshgooni.'s Response to 25079_Jojo.'s Review

Written on: 31/08/2002

I had a smiliar problem to the ones mentioned above. Immediately after purchase I had problems sending sms messages. Dealer Identified as software problems. sms is O.K now, but goes into sleep-mode where no call can be sent or received although every thing appears normal. has to be rebooted. it is a pain and might loose precious calls !! moreover, there is a problem with the wallet feature.. it would not recognize a password.
<br>However the features are great in terms of large memory, lightweight, calendar, to-do list, gprs etcetc...
<br>I hope NOKIA comes-up with a solution to the very-annoying problems..

Nokia 6310

“Agree with all the other Nokia 6310 mobile phone...”

Written on: 07/05/2002 by Stew. (1 review written)

Agree with all the other Nokia 6310 mobile phone reviews, although I haven't had any trouble with it crashing in the two weeks that I've been using it despite uploading/downloading quite a lot of bits and pieces.
Battery life seems fantastic although mine is regularly topped up by my carkit - this is where I've had trouble making out the keys as the backlighting doesn't seem sufficient.
I'm particularly impressed by the software that comes with the phone that allows PC synchronistion, whether… Read Full Review

Nokia 6310

“I have had this Nokia 6310 mobile phone for a month...”

Written on: 22/04/2002 by Sean. (1 review written)

I have had this Nokia 6310 mobile phone for a month and I really like it. However it crashes or more accurately freezes at least once a day. The screen stays normal, shows the Vodafone logo, signal and battery indicators but it's not working! When someone calls they are sent directly to the answer service. It's not until I make a call that I am aware that it isn't working. It goes through the dialling procedure and indicates that it is dialling out but nothing happens. Switch it off and on… Read Full Review

21502_John.'s Response to 20720_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 28/04/2002

I have had the 6310 for 6 weeks and it suffers from excactly the same problem. I only bought it because magazine reviews said it was everything the 6210 wanted to be!!! I rely on my mobile for my business and have missed numerous calls and as the phone shows a signal you have no idea it's playing up untill you try to make an outgoing call and it fails switch it off and on again and it works !! does anyone make a reliable phone that works well in a poor signal area ???

54959_John.'s Response to 20720_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2002

buy a 6310i problems over !!

54911_Mario.'s Response to 20720_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2002

I was given a 6310 as a present. It seems to work as you describe yours. How unfortunate. Can you tell me the Sofware version you are using? type *#000# continuously at the standby screen and it will show 4 lines of letters. I also cannot find the Bluetooth Passcode anywhere to pair with a PDA. Can anyone suggest an alternate method to input the Passkey? I was told the Passcode entry is any random number, but I get "Incorrect Passcode" so it may be specific to the phone. Any info appreciated, email dnmsilva@netvigator.com. thanks much. Mario.

Nokia 6310

“My laptop runs Win XP so I can't even comment on the...”

Written on: 15/04/2002 by Jon. (1 review written)

My laptop runs Win XP so I can't even comment on the infrared data link on my Nokia 6310 mobile phone because XP isn't compatible with the 6310! An update should be available on the Nokia website by the end of April, so that's not too long to wait.

The voice recording is fun, but not very high quality, although there is a useful related utility: You can attach an alarm time to the recording, meaning that you can have an alarm go off and then be prompted to listen to the recording.

The… Read Full Review

32963_Paulie.'s Response to 19457_Jon.'s Review

Written on: 13/08/2002

The infra red data link is compatible with xp - I've no problem using the PC Synch software, etc. The problem is with the modem driver which is not compatible with xp.

33142_Nic.'s Response to 19457_Jon.'s Review

Written on: 14/08/2002

I've had 0 problems with my 6310 under WinXP. Worked first go using IR without even installing the Datasuite!!

Nokia 6310

“After going from the 8210 and its ridiculously short...”

Written on: 04/04/2002 by Andy. (1 review written)

After going from the 8210 and its ridiculously short battery length it is nice to have a mobile phone like the Nokia 6310 which you do not have to keep searching for a power source to charge. Some of the smaller phones look very stylish but are useless to those of us using them continuously.

I have had mine for a couple of weeks now, one of which was on holiday in italy, i never had to charge it once and still had 'bars' to spare, and the second week with prolonged regular use i had to charge… Read Full Review