Naturediet Pet Foods Reviews

Naturediet Pet Foods - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Naturediet Pet Foods

Naturediet Pet Foods

“I have been a regular customer for a while and all has...”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by YadiraFernandez432 (1 review written)

I have been a regular customer for a while and all has been ok. However recently had four packs of Lamb that had blown and were obviously gone off. I complained to Amazon and had no reply. I will not be buying Natures Diet again. I cannot afford to throw money away on this any longer… Read Full Review

“Blown packs of Naturediet”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by Nicholswx71 (1 review written)

I have been very annoyed at having yet another "blown" pack of this food. Lamb flavour. I thought it was a one off to start with but find another one yet again. These have been bought at different timesaver the last few months. I picked 3 packets from different batches and have just thrown 2 away. They have seriously got a problem at the moment. What do you do? With no receipt and an empty packet, the retailer isn't interested. I'm not buying it again and will find an alternative… Read Full Review

“Could be better customer service”

Written on: 14/06/2014

We have found `blown` packets in boxes of nature diet we have bought and when opened smells very `off`, if you tell the firm you do not get any answer… Read Full Review

“naturediet dog food made my dog very sick”

Written on: 26/05/2014 by vinnyh103 (1 review written)

I recently purchased 3 boxes of naturediet food for my dog from swellpets, i have been feeding it to my dog for a week and she has been very sick really bad diarrhoea and really bad wind but i have only just noticed it is the food! all of the packets in the box are full of air and when you open one they smell awful and its the food its realy made her sick, i am now in the process of trying to get a refund and emailing swellpets… Read Full Review

“NATUREDIET PUPPY/JUNIOR FOOD IS DANGEROUS!!!”

Written on: 13/12/2013 by Andrinkie (1 review written)

NATUREDIET PUPPY/JUNIOR FOOD : PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT FOR YOUR PUPS/DOGS BEFORE THOROUGHLY CHECKING COLOUR & SMELL. The company Naturediet refused to take responsibility for a serious problem with this food - it made both our pups Daphne and Sara ill after they were fed a pack of this with an expiry date of a year from now. All complaints to their Facebook page are removed and emailing customer services results in a generic email response saying it is not their problem but the… Read Full Review

“quality concerns”

Written on: 22/09/2013 by salguod (1 review written)

Have used these pouches together with my dogs regular dry food without problems until recently. Two contaminated packs within the last batch, one with a 4cm shard of cooked bone and the other with the surface coated in black bacterial mold.The food has been stored in a cool room and is well within best before date but I now have serious concerns about using this food… Read Full Review

“At Last ”

Written on: 27/05/2013 by MandySherwin (14 reviews written)

I have a 9 year old Weimeraner crossbreed who, to put it midly has serious digestive upset, stomach acid and I have to be very cautious what I feed her. I was reluctant to try Naurediet as I have read a lot of bad reviews about mouldy contents and blown packets. I liked the contents in it as there are no nasty cereals, additives and fillers and the meat content is very high. I have started feeding her the Senior lite variety and her stomach has improved tremendously. Very little stomach gurgles… Read Full Review

“One of the best”

Written on: 04/05/2013 by Val740 (4 reviews written)

We have just returned to feeding our 15 year old JR Nature Diet after he was put onto a low fat diet due to pancreatitis. We introduced it gradually and she is now very happy again eating this food. We like the fact that it has a high meat content which is best for dogs and we are having the Senior/Lite which is low fat. It produces much better stools than her old food and there is no more wind due to a lot of grains. Happy dog and happy owners… Read Full Review

“Best food ever..”

Written on: 17/04/2013

I have two jack russels and when we got then as puppies, i was feeding them pedigree chum, the dogs were sick, lazy and nipping thier skin.. i stumbled across ND in my local pet store and tried it.. and have never looked back!!! My dogs have changed so much, they are really lively and happy, thier coat is so soft, they dont poo as much as they did and its alot more solid,.. I change around the flavours so the dogs dont get bored with the same one all the time.. however they refuse to eat the… Read Full Review

“saved my dog's life!”

Written on: 18/02/2013

I have read the negative reviews regarding this dog food and have only good words to say about Naturediet. I live in France and in the past was only able to obtain it via Zooplus. They seem to be in the habit of breaking up the original boxes and I had a lot of problems with blown packs. However, I am now able to order via Amazon UK and have had no problems at all as I receive them in the original boxes, firmly secured. I have a Cavalier King Charles who was very ill 2 years ago, and if it… Read Full Review

“change for the better”

Written on: 11/06/2012 by stevemate (1 review written)

our g/s aged 9 over the years always suffered diarrhea we constantly cnanged foods he wouldnot touch dry biscuits i was given a couple free packs of nature diet to try he ate them no trouble so we purchase regularly now it was feb/2012 we started him on this food our son travels with him most of the year and the dog eats all the food when he comes home to us he plays us .so what we do now is cook lambs liver ox/ pork/ chicken gives him loose stools. we chop it up & mix it with the nature diet… Read Full Review

Smawfield's Response to stevemate's Review

How can you give 5 stars when you received bad food

“Not a reliable product”

Written on: 05/04/2012

Purchased a box of 18 trays of Naturediet. On opening found that one had burst spilling the foul smelling contents over the other trays. Around half of the trays were puffed up, suggesting some sort of contamination. Opened two of the Ok looking trays but the contents were rancid and foul smelling with a black liquid oozing out. Difficult to get the smell out of the kitchen. Disposed of the whole batch of 18 trays. No response to my email from Naturediet… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/01/2013

Same problem I had! When I called the Companyl seems they are not bothered that this is happening and they are poisoning our puppies and dogs!

“Recent problem with NatureDiet after 9 years.”

Written on: 23/03/2012 by Poordog123 (1 review written)

My Labrador has had NatureDiet since a puppy. Only recently has she had symptoms of vomiting and diarrhoea. I knew it was the NatureDiet as when we changed her onto Royal Canin sensitivity control, she improved straight away. After 10 - 12 days, we re-introduced NatureDiet and she was ill again. I don't think I will feed her it again. I will ask my vet for an alternative. … Read Full Review

Smawfield's Response to Poordog123's Review

Written on: 14/01/2013

Product should be withdrawn immediately

Helenms's Response to Poordog123's Review

Written on: 26/07/2013

Had the same problem. My dogs even got blod in their diarrea.

“naturediet saved my dog”

Written on: 17/01/2012

nature diet saved my dog because after having major surgery on his intestines we couldnt find a single food that would harden his stools till we tried nature diet sensitive which worked in 24 hours luckily he is steadily gainin his weight back and on to other nature diet flavours and for people to give bad reviews based on packaging seems ridiculous to me,thanks to people who actually care about what goes into dog food for saving my dogs life… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2012

so, why did YOU give only four stars???

Written on: 14/01/2013

But they don't care about the packaging which lets airin and turns food rancid...you have been lucky!

“NATUREDIET CAN SERIOUSLY DAMAGE YOUR PETS' HEALTH!”

Written on: 19/06/2011 by parsley00 (2 reviews written)

If you would like to know why, read on …. When we adopted our dog, we purchased several boxes of Naturediet and started to feed our pet. She seemed hesitant to eat the food but, as this was the only food available to her, she ate it, reluctantly. We found various cartons ‘blown’ and the food rotten. We wrote to Nature Diet advising them of the incidence of blown packs. the following standard PR response was their answer to this problem. ‘With no preservatives in our products… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to parsley00's Review

Written on: 27/04/2012

This review totally reflects my experience with this company. I almost lost my happy healthy 2 year old GSD in the same circumstances and the company didn't give a hoot. If you love your dog do not play russian roulette with his life by giving him this food!!!!

Andrinkie's Response to parsley00's Review

Written on: 13/12/2013

This is exactly my experience - this company is a total disgrace. This company will happily accept compliments and good feedback on their FACEBOOK page but all concerns about the product or questions are deleted. This is not good enough when puppies' health is at stake. Contact customer services and you get a generic response saying it is not their problem but the retailers. My puppies were ill after eating this food and it was only afterwards that I checked the empty pack and the smell was rancid. Many of the packs in the box were bloated and even the ones which were not - that I opened - were a funny colour and the smell is disgusting. amazon.co.uk refunded all our money today and told us to get rid of all the food BUT I am trying to find out who this company has to answer to (Trading Standards etc) and will keep the food as proof.

Smawfield's reply to Andrinkie's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2013

Exactly! This has been going on for years when I started researching their bad food, caused by poor packaging. But still they are selling it in the same packets. It's disappointing when it is advertised as a good wholesome food without a lot of junk in it at a reasonable price.
I am pleased a few people are supporting my complaints as I have had some very nasty replies which was most upsetting as the last think I would do is to make my Poochie unwell! Jenny

Smawfield's Response to parsley00's Review

Written on: 14/01/2013

Same comment they gave me! Rubbish/BAD food!

Chell2's reply to Smawfield's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2013

I had a bad batch too ,sent them a email and their email back was ----------Thank you for your email and I regret to hear you have cause for concern regarding Naturediet Puppy/Junior.

I have looked into this batch number and there does not appear to be any problems with that batch. The appearance and the aroma of Naturediet can be different from batch to batch as we use all natural ingredients.

For a pack, which has been correctly sterilised to become mouldy or smell off, it is necessary for air containing the spoilage bacteria to re-enter the package. This is only possible if the pack has a ruptured seal or a hole somewhere in the pack. The only possible cause is some form of damage to the packing, most probably in the packing or distribution chain. We take every precaution to prevent damage to the point of dispatch and we even print the boxes with “Do Not Drop”, “Plastic Containers Handle With Care”.

If you are not happy to use these packs we recommend returning them to your supplier for replacements or refund.

I have logged your complaint and the batch numbers you have provided and we will do further investigations.

If you have any further problems or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Chell2's reply to Smawfield's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2013

Yes Rubbish !!!!! Email i got back from them ------Thank you for your email and I regret to hear you have cause for concern regarding Naturediet Puppy/Junior.

Andrinkie's reply to Chell2's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2013

This is exactly the reponse I got - they KNOW there is a problem but are happy to risk our pets' health for profit.

Smawfield's reply to Chell2's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2013

I am pleased that at last I am not the only person who had problems with this food! I have received some very nasty comments from some people telling me how stupid I was feeding my puppy with food that was off! But as you and others say it isnt obvious. There is obviously still a terrible problem with their packaging and I noticed in the pet shop yesterday it's still the same...seems they do not care about the upsetting illnesses and costs involved after feeding our dogs with it. Jenny

Andrinkie's reply to Smawfield's Comment

Written on: 20/12/2013

Just to add to this. I will be sending samples of the packs (I have loads from one batch) off for microbiological testing (and I will send the bill for this to Naturediet). I have taken advise and there are several avenues that can be followed to have this matter properly addressed once and for all. If anyone wants kept up-to-date with the progress of this please contact me via Facebook through one of my pages karatefundogs.

Smawfield's reply to Andrinkie's Comment

Written on: 20/12/2013

Great! I did actually ask Amazon who I ordered food from to remove Naturediet from their sales...and...they removed the wrong company!! (Natures Harvest!)Tried to rectify but never succeeded!!

“In October 2010 my female SBT became seriously ill...”

Written on: 20/04/2011

In October 2010 my female SBT became seriously ill after eating the Prawn/Salmon variety. She suffered such severe stomach pains she had convulsions & shook with agony. The vomiting and projectile diarrhea were severe. My vet was shocked at how quickly she had deteriorate since he saw her two days before for a routine check up. I contacted Naturediet who confessed they have a problem with the seals on their packaging. They assured me they had now changed their production and that the… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2011

why on earth would you keep buying it...

Written on: 14/01/2013

Exactly! The food is NOT packed properly so air gets inside!

Written on: 14/01/2013

How can you give this product 5 stars it poisoned your dogs and luckily my puppy was sick but recovered quickly?? The company is still using same inadequate seals, should be taken off the market immediately

“My dogs love this food, we also have a new puppy and...”

Written on: 13/03/2011

My dogs love this food, we also have a new puppy and this is the only food she will be eager to eat. We buy the food from wholesale (we have a trade account) and have never had a bad/blown packet. We keep the food in our cool garage before use. and use a pack within 24hours when opened. The dogs love the food, even the fussiest of them all… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/01/2013

You must be lucky then!! Be warned!!

“We should all stop complaining no other food comes...”

Written on: 08/03/2011

We should all stop complaining no other food comes close.I don't mind checking that the food doesn't smell.Think of the money saved in vet bills… Read Full Review

“The difference in our dog since going onto Nature Diet...”

Written on: 02/01/2011

The difference in our dog since going onto Nature Diet has been outstanding - results not seen with any other dog food which we have tried. It was recommended to us by a behaviourist and we have not looked back since! Our dog's poos now have no smell, are completely dry and are much smaller than they once were.

We have had a few packets which have smelt a little "unusual" but certainly not rancid like some of the reviews have said. We've noticed it more with the lamb than with the other… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/01/2013

Read the reviews, many have had food poisoning and my puppy was sick for24 hours but luckily only fed a little to her. Be careful the packaging does not seal properly and air gets in! Being veggie wasn't sure how food should smell, don't expect puppy food to be off!, won't buy ever again, too much risk.

“I too have had many blown packages of nature diet...”

Written on: 15/12/2010

I too have had many blown packages of nature diet which have smelt bad when opened. I wish they would sort this out. When in perfect condition the food is excellent, but it is becoming too costly with the amount of dodgy smelling cartons I am getting in each box.
Jules, Merseyside… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/01/2013

Same problem made our puppy very sick should be recalled!