Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI Reviews

Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI

Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI
Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI

“beeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaast!!!!!!!! worth a tenner of...”

Written on: 03/05/2011

beeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaast!!!!!!!! worth a tenner of anyones money!!!!!!… Read Full Review

“Im 19 yrs old and got an 98 astra sri 2.0 16v, fitted...”

Written on: 06/02/2011 by astraman (1 review written)

Im 19 yrs old and got an 98 astra sri 2.0 16v, fitted it with fast road cams and throttle bodies now it will out perform a 2.0 turbo gsi, mods are limitless and the cars great value for money paid just £900 for it and its an absolute minter, i'd recommend a mk4 astra to anyone, great drive and performance as standard… Read Full Review

“1.6 16v LS, 120,000 miles. Very good value, Very...”

Written on: 28/02/2010

1.6 16v LS, 120,000 miles. Very good value, Very reliable, and a joy to drive! :-) Planning on upgrading to a lower mileage slightly newer 1.8 SRi version because i love them so much and 1.8 is better for towing my glider... :-)… Read Full Review

“I have a 1.8 silver sri and love it. I have just...”

Written on: 31/01/2010

I have a 1.8 silver sri and love it. I have just started to mod the car, have got gsi bumpers and spoiler on it and am doing a paint job and putting black alloys on it. My insurance is only 500 a year which for a 20yr old female is fantastic!
Would recommend to anyone!
My boyfriend 'only likes fords' and loves driving my car!… Read Full Review

“Vauxhall Mk4 Astra SRI - very good all rounder cheap 2...”

Written on: 02/09/2009

Vauxhall Mk4 Astra SRI - very good all rounder cheap 2 run maintain and u can do a lot to them very reliable i,ve had 1 GSI TURBO an SRI diesel 2 SXI 1.8 petrol and currently own a 1.8 SRI petrol always been a bit warey of the engine light tho i,ve been lucky so far.hope this helps… Read Full Review

“The Vauxhall MK 4 Astra sounds well,plenty of torque...”

Written on: 16/04/2009 by jay r (1 review written)

The Vauxhall MK 4 Astra sounds well,plenty of torque nice kit as standard. fun. could do with lowering and strut brace take out spare wheel to keep weight down… Read Full Review

“The Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI is very quick i have the...”

Written on: 15/03/2009

The Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI is very quick i have the 1.8, id luv the 2.0turbo!… Read Full Review

“This is my first car an astra mk4 sri with every extra...”

Written on: 21/08/2008

This is my first car an astra mk4 sri with every extra my insurance is 2,300 on my own policy which is very cheap for my age and what car I have great value for money!… Read Full Review

“I have just baught a 1.8 16v Vauxhall Astra mk4 sri,...”

Written on: 23/07/2008 by Sc8969 (1 review written)

I have just baught a 1.8 16v Vauxhall Astra mk4 sri, its a dream to drive, its a very quick car also and the insurance is lower than I expexted. I've got the full irmscher styling kit which makes the car stand out from the crowd, I recommend getting this as its well worth the money. The engine is amazing, starts everytime, very quiet and very quick with 127 bhp. If anyone has any other good mods I could add to my astra please let me know… Read Full Review

“Everything about this car is brilliant cannot go...”

Written on: 16/07/2008 by AstraNick (1 review written)

Everything about this car is brilliant cannot go wrong, being a vauxhall it starts everytime and especially in the 3dr variant it is actually quite rare!… Read Full Review

“My favourite car so far. Holds the road real well, not...”

Written on: 16/02/2008

My favourite car so far. Holds the road real well, not many problems and real cheap insurance for a powerful car as it's a group 11, so glad I brought this car over 2 yrs ago… Read Full Review

“Mines a 2.2 and as standard she's quick, blows BMWs...”

Written on: 29/06/2005 by anthony hendley (1 review written)

Mines a 2.2 and as standard she's quick, blows BMWs away from 0-45-50. thinking about chipping her. You get a lot of looks in her specially from women. Very reliable so far but have only done 12,000 miles. Just love her!… Read Full Review

236700_Paul Thompson's Response to anthony hendley's Review

Written on: 31/03/2006

hi i am in the process of buying a 2.2 sri. she is a 2001 white with full kit just looking to see what people think of them. sounds like its all good so i think it will be a yes to getting it.

“I have had my Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI car 6 months...”

Written on: 14/05/2005 by wesley85 (1 review written)

I have had my Vauxhall Mk 4 Astra SRI car 6 months now, its on a 2003 plate and has done 24000 miles. This is a great car, I love the handling and the feel of the car, for a low insurance group this is a very quick car, it does 0 - 60 mph in a little over 8 secs and a top speed of 130mph, the car gets to about 115mph quite quickly then has to build up to 130mph. If you want more performance then you can get some power ups e.g superchip, induction kit and a powerboost valve, thus will get you… Read Full Review

“I bought my car new back in 2001 and I am about to...”

Written on: 22/06/2004 by hardingl (7 reviews written)

I bought my car new back in 2001 and I am about to sell it after 3 years.

Great little car, we have done just over 50,000 miles in her and she is still going strong. The performance is good and she sounds nice when you open her up. Mine is the 1.8SRi and it came as standard with ABS, Cruise control, Air Con, 16" Alloys, sports seats and twin airbags and and Alarm.

The brakes are very good and she handles like she is on rails. After driving the 2.0 SRi I decided the performance differance… Read Full Review

“I have added a super chip to my Vauxhall Mk4 Astra SRi...”

Written on: 26/02/2002 by Ed (fat ed) Furguson. (1 review written)

I have added a super chip to my Vauxhall Mk4 Astra SRi with a BUTTON that gives me about 160 mph INSTANTLY. Also i have got twin garrett ball bearing turbo's which only give me 180 bhp EACH. I have de- locked and de- handled it which was a bad idea because I couldn't get in it. The brakes are 17" in diameter and the wheels are 18". It has a sequential gearchange and my favourite mod is the pie and chips holder on the dash board. This is not as good as my morris minor v8 but that is another… Read Full Review

15299_Joe Bloggs.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 08/03/2002

What!!!!!!! are you for real?

Mc Cruiser's Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 07/05/2006

I got a 99 sxi. does anyone know if i can put 18s straight on it or have i gotta change brakes? someone And were's my sxi badges?? lol

151116_Vauxhall8321's Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 11/04/2004

Hi ya peeps, i own a Mk4 Astra SRi on a 52 plate, am currently modifieing the little beauty, so if any one has any ideas as to what body kit would look good.
<br>I really like the Astra, they go well the handleing is quite good and they have alot of get up and go!! if any one else has a Mk 4 Astra
<br>Thanks for reading

Sseddon2002's Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 11/09/2003

I love the b*tching lads. Keep up the good work. I have just bought a astra sri on a Y plate. I want to give it some extra bhp at the cheapest cost, what can you guys suggest?

Rapid Fiend's Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 11/09/2003

I'm sorry, guys but what kind of retards are you? If you're so damn sure it's a joke (i.e. Humourously intended lie - for the fools who seemed offended that he'd tell a fib) then laugh or don't laugh, but don't be pathetic enough to take it seriously. And for those who know it's a joke and pick it apart anyway; there are no scene point for pointless pedantry.

116879_Paul.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 18/07/2003

Dunno why you all bothered replying, its obviously a wind up

94984_Tim.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 05/05/2003

sounds something like the batmobile, and another thing anyone who delocks their car knows thats its called flushing doorhandles and in your picture u got no allloys, spoiler, and u got doorhandles

92093_The Real Astra Daddy.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 25/04/2003

I drive a Mk4 Tv/Mag featured astra. The SRI is a 4 cylinder, how are you runnig twin turbos?
And- push of a button to 160? really that would take 100 bhp of direct port Nos angle via your "twin turbo's" at a acute angle to gain max effect.
Next thing, 17" brakes(425mm) wont fit on 18" wheel cos they require 4 pot claipers, hence you would need 20's min
Next thing, in order to get 180 bhp from each garret, i take it there T68's bolted onto a engine that deliver 300+ bhp normally apspirated?
<br>you must have to have 440cc inectors to handle that do you?

If you want any real help on modding a car speak to me or anyone else here that know the score

83539_Jim_The_Review_Man.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2003

hey is this guy 4 real i wanna know wat sort of garretts he running 160 or 180bhp at the wheels u gotta be joking i mean and a nos button that makes u go 160 kmh maybe i didnt read this right or this guy is a complete W****r im an aussie and the cars in uk are the same as the aussie ones and a mate of mine done one up twin t66 garrett turbos producing 15 psi straight off after 3 drives on the dino the manifold broke and the stock cam it was well a bit up the creek so in conclusion this guy needs to be awarded biggest lying boso under this earth seeya every one

Astra16V.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 16/02/2003

Want to discuss Mk4 Astras with people with knowledge of what a Mk4 astra looks like (people who actually own them) go to www.astra-sport.co.uk

71176_John.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 07/02/2003

Loosing 30BHP at high speeds is about as accurate as saying your top speed is very fast, you can't loose BHP at any speed because it's a measurement of engine power and the engine doesn't loose power just because your going fast.

52831_Steve.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 22/11/2002

This car also loves a good set of spark plugs I gained 60bhp by putting bosch plugs in it.

34844_Ross.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 26/08/2002

Anyone who is seriously interested in the astra should check out my website
<br>www.astra-sri.co.uk
<br>
<br>The home of geniune properly modified Astra's
<br>Ross

33468_Slippy.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 16/08/2002

I already posted. One more comment though. When you delock and dehandle the doors it doesn't mean you can't actually get in. It actually bothered me quite a lot as to whether or not you could get ur car to do the stuff talking about. the manifold on my mk3 would no where near take that pounding and the structure of the manifold isnt that different between the mk3 and 4. I have come to the conclusion, he has been watching the speed scenes in the fast and the furious a little too much and imagines it all.
<br>
<br>Anyway, nice car Sean. You got any pictures to trade? I've spent about £3k on my car and would love to trade pics. Mail me: richardj.poole@ntlworld.com
<br>
<br>Check out www.theboyracer.net - a very nice vauxhall site.

33449_Sean.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 16/08/2002

I would like to say that I have MK4 Astra on a 99 v plate, I have spent about 6k just modifying the car, I previously worked for pentagon Vauxhall in Derby, so I do know what Im talking about,, My MK4 is a 2.2 16v with a Nitrous kit fittment. I can get about 220bhp with the turbo kicking over,, the nitrous gives me another 65 - 75bhp, beleive me when i tell you that guy who claims to have 160mph instantly is talking proper rubbish, for a start the manifold set in his MK4 wuoldnt handle 180bhp without reselected cams, which he wont have the inteligence to do,, and its rare a garage will do it for you, secondly if he had 18inch wheels on his MK4, he wouldnt get 180bhp anyway, even with a Rolls Royce turbing up its end,, as the friction between tyre and road automatically drops the bhp by 30bhp at high speeds,,,
<br>
<br>The verdict is, he's talking out of his rusty bullet.

Slippy.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 12/08/2002

thats pretty funny what dan said above. i fitted 18" fox alloys on my mk3 astra, but that was with a very large amounts of effort. I had to cut new wheel arches. so, with your super duper button that gives u 160mph instantly - why dont u push it when u are stationary and rip ur lying face off with the gforce. but when youre twin garret turbos kick in producing 180bhp each, you might actually take off, so could u do me a favour and say hi to my aunt in the usa please. what tyres are u running on those to keep this imaginary car down? 1000mm? haha.. and u must have a spoiler too. a big one? get another, stick them on the sides where the imaginary doors would go, then u can really fly. haha.

32810_Dan.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 12/08/2002

If you've got 17' brakes,18' wheels, does that mean you've got 19' tyres?! next you'll be telling us your car has GT ashtrays and double declutching mudflaps!!!

25712_Terry.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 30/05/2002

Right! Nice dream you had there about the lovley mka astra. Just one thing, have you got pictures of this so-called beast; i.e not just the outside of the car.. I mean pictures of what's under the hood and proof of the car being, how should I put this, so-called modified to the nines. If so, please feal free to post them as I would like to see this lovely fantasy...

Cdc.'s Response to 14051_Ed (fat ed) Furguson.'s Review

Written on: 21/05/2002

Good joke, unfortunately some people may take it serious.