Toshiba SD-2800 Reviews

Toshiba SD-2800 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toshiba SD-2800

Specification for Toshiba SD-2800

Features:
  • ColorStream component-video output for ultimate DVD picture quality (when connected with an HD or HD-ready TV)
  • Optical and coaxial digital-audio outputs pass Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1-channel surround sound (for use with compatible AV receiver)
  • MP3-CD (CD-R, CD-RW) playback
  • Offers black-level expansion, multiple picture settings, picture zoom
  • Dolby Digital and DTS surround output, Dialogue Expansion, simulated surround sound, and CD Text compatibility
  • Refine your search

Toshiba SD-2800

“The Toshiba SD-2800 is great video, so clear, crisp...”

Written on: 17/08/2007 by Armz316 (1 review written)

The Toshiba SD-2800 is great video, so clear, crisp and very solid. Awesome sound even with just 2 speakers on my t.v. you could hear the sound from left to right. Mine was a gift from my sister. I told her to get me a Toshiba. It never lets me down. I had it since 2001. Keep up the good work Toshiba. I'm looking forward to get a 5.1 Toshiba Home theater w/ HDMI. But still I'll hold on to my first SD-2800 DVD player. Why not release this unit in the Philippines. Since this is region one, I own… Read Full Review

Toshiba SD-2800

“I bought my Toshiba SD-2800 last year & it's GREAT!...”

Written on: 28/05/2003 by Blackie Lawless. (1 review written)

I bought my Toshiba SD-2800 last year & it's GREAT! Picture is awesome & sound is terrific. It has all the outputs needed for home theatre & that, which I didn't see on a higher priced Panasonic. I paid around $239Cdn tax included. I love the 4 levels of zoom funtion, really comes in handy, especially for reading the end credits of a movie(Why do they put it so small?). I got the silver finish & it looks real cool!… Read Full Review

Toshiba SD-2800

“The MP3 disc I have played continuosly only 2 times...”

Written on: 31/03/2003 by Jack. (1 review written)

The MP3 disc I have played continuosly only 2 times and both times it locked up after a couple songs, BUT that may just have been due to the fact it was fresh out of the box. Now after a couple months of having this player it might be different. Other than that this dvd plays rocks!!! If you would like to play SVCD without loss of quality search the inet for "vcd header trick" which will allow you to watch SVCD on this player without loss of quality or any skips. The picture on here is… Read Full Review

Toshiba SD-2800

“The Toshiba SD-2800 is an excellent entry level DVD...”

Written on: 19/08/2002 by AlphaMale. (1 review written)

The Toshiba SD-2800 is an excellent entry level DVD player, got mine for C$230(15% sales tax included). It has excellent audio and video quality that's on par w/ a sony DVPS300 and ahead of a panasonic rv32.

It has the full set of connections which a is really really nice feature. Component RGB(nice if you have a digital tv),S-Video and composite video outputs; and coaxial, optical, and analog audio outputs. The connections are really what sold me to this. The panasonic is missing the… Read Full Review

Toshiba SD-2800

“My Toshiba SD-2800 DVD player has no SVCD playback and...”

Written on: 26/07/2002 by sendvideo. (1 review written)

My Toshiba SD-2800 DVD player has no SVCD playback and has trouble playing DVD-R's I've created that other players play… Read Full Review

84689_George.'s Response to 30761_sendvideo.'s Review

Written on: 31/03/2003

okay 1st off no SVCD doesnt mean its a bad player, u can get a bottom of the line dvd player that plays svcd, so does that make it good? NOPE due to the fact that it is a bad dvd player and the picture for regular dvd is also of low quality. Ive seen dvd players in the $600 range which dont support svcd. and for your dvd-r try using nero and different media also burning different speeds.

Toshiba SD-2800

“For those who wish to buy a really good dvd player i...”

Written on: 02/06/2002 by Marcus. (1 review written)

For those who wish to buy a really good dvd player i recomend this Toshiba SD-2800 .. Toshiba is known to make some high quality products and they sure made the SD-2800 to be of awesome quality… Read Full Review

Toshiba SD-2800

“The Toshiba SD-2800 is the best dvd player for the...”

Written on: 22/04/2002 by kealan campbell. (1 review written)

The Toshiba SD-2800 is the best dvd player for the money. I got it for 220 bucks canadian. I haven't had a single thing go wrong with it. The sony ps2 dvd player is a piece of junk. This has pretty much every feature available and they all work awesome… Read Full Review

Toshiba SD-2800

“I was comparing this Toshiba SD-2800 DVD player with...”

Written on: 03/03/2002 by lsmeteor. (1 review written)

I was comparing this Toshiba SD-2800 DVD player with the Pioneer DV-440. The Toshiba SD-2800 does everything the Pioneer does except for the mp3 menus. But still had it for 70$ less.
    I love the enhanced alternate audio and video settings right on the remote. I never thought I would play around with the zoom function but that is a fun feature.
    This unit is a little bit wider than my vcr which I thought was standard size. The unit just came out on the market. I decided to give it a try even with… Read Full Review

Toshiba SD-2800

“I am very pleased with the picture quality and the...”

Written on: 26/02/2002 by Rigs. (1 review written)

I am very pleased with the picture quality and the ease of operation on my Toshiba SD-2800 DVD player. Toshiba has developed a decent product with this SD-2800 for a very reasonable price… Read Full Review