Sony STR-DB790 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Sony STR-DB790 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony STR-DB790

Sony STR-DB790

“The Sony STR-DB790 has superb sound quality and...”

Written on: 13/05/2009

The Sony STR-DB790 has superb sound quality and functionality The amp is very easy to use and the functions are easy to navigate… Read Full Review

Sony STR-DB790

“I have this Sony STR-DB790 amp paired with a set of...”

Written on: 13/05/2009 by staceone (1 review written)

I have this Sony STR-DB790 amp paired with a set of Bose Acoustimass 10 speakers and it is truly awesome. The bass is room shakingly deep and through the whole range the sound quality is crystal clear. Even using the tuner function the sound is great. Overall a perfect combination… Read Full Review

Sony STR-DB790

“I have bought the Sony DB790 with Sony SA-WM500B Sub...”

Written on: 03/01/2005 by Clinton Harding (1 review written)

I have bought the Sony DB790 with Sony SA-WM500B Sub and Jamo E350 Floor speakers and surround speakers. I am very happy with the results. Bass is very good and the clarity for the Jamo speakers is also very good. Cannot hear any distortion when volume is very loud… Read Full Review

Sony STR-DB790

“I bought this Sony STR-DB790 AMP/RECEIVER when I...”

Written on: 13/05/2004 by MalcolmL (1 review written)

I bought this Sony STR-DB790 AMP/RECEIVER when I wanted to add surround sound to my setup, it replaced an Arcam Alpha and in 'direct' stereo mode I can't tell the difference - enough said. The internal D/A converter is pretty nice too.

In summary I now have a stereo setup that's as good as it was with the Arcam and a DVD that sounds better than the local multiplex… Read Full Review

Brains's Response to MalcolmL's Review

Written on: 01/06/2004

Having owned this Sony amp since oct 2003 i still get a buzz when its on & specially in DTS mode,I totally agree with the comments on this amp above,forget what the magazines recommend just go an listen to this amp & compare, for the price it sounds double the price,

Sony STR-DB790

“I have front mission shelf speakers,jamo...”

Written on: 10/02/2004 by brains (36 reviews written)

I have front mission shelf speakers,jamo centre,Wharfedale shelf rear Speaks,Yamaha subwoofer & a Sony DVD,this Sony STR-DB790 AMP/RECEIVER Has Improved the sound quality of my system 100% from my previous AV AMP, The DTS sound format on DVDs is breath taking with high levels of bass & detailed mid to high range sounds,Precise sound seperation from all speakers,For the price its great value… Read Full Review