James Wellbeloved Reviews

James Wellbeloved - Ask a question now

“Rotten”

Written on: 23/08/2012

I purchased the sachets of meat fed my dogs and they was very ill I didn't realise the meat was going off til I opened up two more to find they was actually blue with mould then knew the other sachets must of been faulty even tho them ones wasn't actually mouldy yet but was obviously off. All I received was a replacement but I took the refund instead. Was very dissatisfied with the response I got from pets at home and from the company who makes it. I now buy Davies rolls my dogs love it… Read Full Review

“Cocker spaniel puppy”

Written on: 23/07/2012

I changed to james wellbeloved as my older cocker is on it this food.the puppy had very loose stools and was losing weight .have put him back on a fantastic food called challenge dog food recommended by his breeder.much happier puppy… Read Full Review

Keosqueen's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2012

Can you recommend Challeng dog food?

“I think this is probably the best of the dry dog food...”

Written on: 31/03/2011

I think this is probably the best of the dry dog food on the uk market. However, if you read the ingredients it only has 26% meat! The rest is rice, oats (fillers). They do put in other ingredients such as linseed which I am sure are very good for the dog (linseed helps with the passing of stools by releasing oils when digested, which is especially needed for dry food). The fact that the product contains a large amount of filler is very questionable especially since dogs do not require such a… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/11/2011

Nonsense! The rice and oats are not fillers. They are there to provide fibre which dogs need and are very gentle on the dog's digestive system!

Felixdahousecat's Comment

Written on: 24/11/2011

Hmmm....It seems rather strange that your recipe is almost exactly the same as the James Wellbeloved one minus a few essential nutrients that dogs need. You also include rice which you claim to be a filler but is in fact present in the James Wellbelloved food as a source of fibre. The oats in James Wellbeloved are also a good source of fibre and very gentle on the dog's digestive system. Beef and chicken as you know, have a high reputation of causing allergic reactions in dogs and so should be avoided!

“We gave our 10 month old puppy james wellbeloved dry...”

Written on: 26/02/2010

We gave our 10 month old puppy james wellbeloved dry food for 10 weeks. She had non stop loose stools,was starting to lose weight and really didnt like eating it. After spending £200 at the vets we stopped feeding this and her loose stools stopped. We have since started a much cheaper food which she likes and does not upset her tummy… Read Full Review

0Car0's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2011

Puppies often have loose stalls. You have to give the puppy time to adapt to a diet. By giving the dog cheaper dog food, its no wonder the loose stalls stopped. The cheaper dog food would contains a much higher amount of carbohydrate filler such as rice or wheat starch, and less protein which the puppy actually needs to grow strong. The filler merely works to solidify the dogs faeces and is often nutritionally very poor. Please take the puppy off the inferior food and give him/her the best chance of good health. As he/she grows move the dog onto a raw food diet using organis lean off cuts which are widely available and cheap from organic butchers. Do a search on the web about the benefits of raw food diets.

“I switched my staffie to James Wellbeloved when he was...”

Written on: 04/06/2007 by Carly Bennett (1 review written)

I switched my staffie to James Wellbeloved when he was approximately 10 years old. It was recommended after repeat visits to the vets for wet eczema. After switching to this food, my staffy only had 2 - 3 incidences of eczema up to the age when he died, which was 17 years old. Prior to this, we visited the vet a least 3 - 4 times a year.

It is excellent dog food, and well worth every penny. It may seem pricey compared to cheaper brands, but add in the cost of vets visits and treatment, and the… Read Full Review